• Chimp

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, tian447 said:

010289309112400-1.jpg

Can't find a bigger version than this :lol: 

Get the boy that did the Kelpies and Canter to do it

I have the Legends Collage hanging on the lounge wall, absolutely stunning. Why not enlarge and display somewhere in the stadium preferably for all to see?

Chillidigits
16 hours ago, Mad Bad and Dangerous said:

Lee Johnson 

Yes. 5000 pidgeons can't all be wrong

upgotheheads
16 hours ago, Australis said:

Dave MacKay.

John Cumming 

Those two at the center of a plinth big enough to gather a few more around them, both Tommy Walkers and Robbo for a start.

Terrible trio together

Tommy walker

Dave Mckay.

All life size statues.

Memorial busts of 

Zal

Bobby Prentice

Drew Busby

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

010289309112400-1.jpg

Can't find a bigger version than this :lol: 

That's the very one 👍 😂

That in statue form right in the middle of the plaza 👌 

How about Zibi, captured waving towards the Wheatfield stand.  Perhaps a football could be incorporated, just flown past his head as he waved? 

Perhaps a frieze of the many, many Hearts heroes amongst the Hibs goalkeeping fraternity over the years.  Not sure we could afford the fee for such a large artwork is all.

ScottieMac17

I know its not a statue, but I think putting pictures/murals/collages of historic moments on the inside walls of the stands, (like Bournemouth or west brom) would be smart and add to our atmospheric stadium.

For statue it should be robbo or dave mckay or cumming. 

13 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

I know its not a statue, but I think putting pictures/murals/collages of historic moments on the inside walls of the stands, (like Bournemouth or west brom) would be smart and add to our atmospheric stadium.

For statue it should be robbo or dave mckay or cumming. 

We used to have some on the pylons and I'm fairly sure we used to have ones on the sides of the Wheatfield.

No idea why we haven't gone down that route in recent years.   

colinmorewasgash

Usual ones tommy walker terrible trio alex young dave mackay robbo but rudi any pose v hibs would be good id stick it at roseburn but the vermin would wreck it.

colinmorewasgash

Jefferies first man to bring cup back after 42 years would be an option as would john cumming blood doesn't run on maroon jersey and obviously the lovely guy that was zal in cup pose.

No Idle Talk

Dave Mackay, The Terrible Trio, Robbo. 

No offence but it would be a bit of a disgrace to have a statue of Marius Zaliukas before any of those people. 

Japan Jambo

Always thoughts Fozzy on the fence would make a good statue. Clearly not a serious proposal though.

AlimOzturk
4 hours ago, Jodami said:

Yes, the Terrible Trip would be the obvious statue but it's not really that relevant now. I wonder how the Bauld family would feel about things considering how badly the club treated him, something we have form for in the past. I like the idea of timeless and forward thinking.

What’s this about bauld being treated badly? I don’t know this story. 

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Dave Mackay, The Terrible Trio, Robbo. 

No offence but it would be a bit of a disgrace to have a statue of Marius Zaliukas before any of those people. 

I wouldn’t use the word disgrace but yes you are correct

I would always include Bobby Walker as he's the only player we've ever had that has been consensus "best player in the World".

I appreciate it was back before Europe/South America were properly organised into league structures, but his record as a one-club man and International records are outstanding.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Part of it was they charged him for the ball at his testimonial match.

22 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Cumming Mackay Robertson Skacel Zaliukas with a 6th space reserved just in case there is a another legend in our midst

Ford. Helped save the club in 1981.

On 05/02/2024 at 17:58, Jamstomorrow said:

Whoever it was, sadly it would probably be a target for vandals.  

That and that the vast majority of statues made now are terrible, it's as if the guys that do caricatures down the beach have been given a wowcher deal on a half day class in bronze work 

ollie2004
On 05/02/2024 at 16:40, AlimOzturk said:

Apparently was charged for his testimonial ball!

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

:spoton:

AlimOzturk
1 hour ago, ollie2004 said:

Rank behaviour. 

Jack Torrance
On 05/02/2024 at 15:02, Japan Jambo said:

Always thoughts Fozzy on the fence would make a good statue. Clearly not a serious proposal though.

That would be great. On one of the concourses. Actually on a fence. Or somewhere the Hobos could see him from the away gate, every time they visit.

Maple Leaf

Not a fan of statues, but if we're to go down that road then the Terrible Trio and Tommy Walker should be at the top of the list.

Like most Jambos, I'm a big fan of Davie MacKay and I watched him play most of his games for us.  But we should bear in mind that in 601 appearances as a footballer, only 135 were for Hearts.  He played longer for Spurs, made more appearances for Spurs, and scored more goals for Spurs.  A MacKay statue would be more appropriate in London, imo.

LarrysRightFoot
10 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Not a fan of statues, but if we're to go down that road then the Terrible Trio and Tommy Walker should be at the top of the list.

Like most Jambos, I'm a big fan of Davie MacKay and I watched him play most of his games for us.  But we should bear in mind that in 601 appearances as a footballer, only 135 were for Hearts.  He played longer for Spurs, made more appearances for Spurs, and scored more goals for Spurs.  A MacKay statue would be more appropriate in London, imo.

I don’t think any of that matters. 

I’m not categorically saying it should be Mackay but he did win the league, cup and x 2 league cups and was an extremely high profile ‘Hearts man’. We obviously use his ‘always Hearts’ quote already. 

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

Paisley Jambo

Statues around the concorse for Main, Georgie and Wheatfield.

Dave McKay, Robbo and Rudi in that order. 

Paisley Jambo
3 minutes ago, Syd said:

Need a mural on the gable end outside the main stand

Agree. Part of it should be Heart of Midlothian sign that stood at Gorgie Road end