The best stand in Tynecastle

rudi must stay

rudi must stay
Just now, been here before said:

Where do you park?

It's my dad that drives. We park near Watsons

Fxxx the SPFL

Hate being behind goals at any stadium you can never really judge what’s happening accurately at the other end

rudi must stay
Just now, **** the SPFL said:

Hate being behind goals at any stadium you can never really judge what’s happening accurately at the other end

The football experts in my opinion sit half way up the Wheatfield 

maltese jambo

Always liked the main stand as could rock up close to kick off time and be out and on bus heading east quickly after 

I sit in the Main Stand, but I'm going to say the Wheatfield, because it was the first stand built in the modern stadium and it was where I bought my first season ticket.

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Where do you park?

Anywhere that’s free @rudi won’t stay

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Correct.      I do.

The Gorgie used to be nice and quiet. I now get woken up several times each game by the youngsters and their racket.

:pimp2:

FarmerTweedy
12 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

More like three quarters! 

I’ve sat in the main stand since getting a ST but often sit in the wheatfield in cup games with my mates enjoy them both to be fair.

Wheatfield G has always been my go to. 

I don't like the Gorgie or Roseburn ends, don't like watching the football from one end of the pitch, must prefer seeing it side on. 

The Main Stand is quality, but every time I sit there, I look over at the Wheatfield and think I would much rather be over there :lol: Creature of Habit! 

Edited by tian447

24 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

This. The number of times I've over reacted to ball hurtling towards the goal, only to realise it's actually heading to the half way line. Weird....

That said, I like the slightly quieter nature of the Roseburn. Much better punter/toilets/food kiosk ratio.  I'd move if I could though, for the above reason.

Pretty sure the seats in the lower of the new stand are marginally wider than upper, and the rest of the ground

12 minutes ago, One five said:

I’ve sat in the main stand since getting a ST

3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

The Main Stand is quality,

I've often wondered - in the Main stand do you get blinded by the sun on good days, or battered with the west wind on bad days?  Guess it depends how far back you sit.

Used to sit in the Gorgie when the bairn used to go, and it was alright. They put a temporary studio in our seats and moved us to the main stand for 1 game. The 4-0 v Celtic! But I’m in F in the wheatfield now and wouldn’t swap it.

Jackhmfc1348

The gorgie stand now is the atmosphere and soul 

main stand is nice and modern and has the section N soul 

wheatfield has section G 

roseburn has nothing really just away fans 

1 minute ago, Jackhmfc1348 said:

The gorgie stand now is the atmosphere and soul 

main stand is nice and modern and has the section N soul 

wheatfield has section G 

roseburn has nothing really just away fans 

Id say section G still brings the noise tbh

I flip between the Main and the Wheatfield. Both have their strengths. I try to avoid sitting behind the goals.

33 minutes ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

Wheatfield F&G by miles

Don't knock D or E, great position to watch the game. Could use more singers 😆

The Main Stand concourse is warmer than the rest with no horrible breeze flowing through it.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Used to have a season ticket in D, that would still be my preference for the best view but of course unlikely to get tickets there these days. Was in the Roseburn for my last game (section K, row 22) and was pleasantly surprised about how the good view was though.

JimmyCant
37 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

They do indeed. Couple of sections away from the riff raff obviously. It’s like being at football university with the alumni. I sometimes wonder if I’m eligible to even sit there

Fxxx the SPFL
11 minutes ago, Daktari said:

I've often wondered - in the Main stand do you get blinded by the sun on good days, or battered with the west wind on bad days?  Guess it depends how far back you sit.

Both and we’re in row 9

Mad Bad and Dangerous

Me and my mate sit in the main stand block S, row 30. Cracking view and loads of good banter.  

been here before
49 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

It's my dad that drives. We park near Watsons

Where do you go for your breakfast?

rudi must stay
Just now, been here before said:

Where do you go for your breakfast?

I have breakfast at home 

All four are on the brink, according to dotnut. It's only the rust that's holding them up. 😄

Imagine being so desperate for one-upmanship that fantasies about stands, capacity, hotel and windows is your goto derby bragging right.

We used to be Gorgie Road ST's, now, when we can make it, we're in the Roseburn.

Much prefer watching games from behind the goals. It makes the game more readable, imo.

19 minutes ago, Daktari said:

I sit about 3/4 of the way up in line with the 18 yard box at the gorgie rd end it’s fine where I sit 👍

37 minutes ago, One five said:

I’ve sat in the main stand since getting a ST but often sit in the wheatfield in cup games with my mates enjoy them both to be fair.

Only got 2 mates bud!! Maybe they’re trying to tell you something by sitting in the opposite stand!!!

lol I know what you meant, just couldn’t help myself 

John Findlay
10 minutes ago, Mad Bad and Dangerous said:

Me and my mate sit in the main stand block S, row 30. Cracking view and loads of good banter.  

You're only Three rows below me.

GlasgoJambo
12 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Used to have a season ticket in D, that would still be my preference for the best view but of course unlikely to get tickets there these days. Was in the Roseburn for my last game (section K, row 22) and was pleasantly surprised about how the good view was though.

My current ST is Roseburn and I have to say the view is much better than I thought it would be. 
Biggest pain however is trying to get out in time to catch the 5.21 back to Glasgow (to keep the time down to a 7 hour round trip for me and the boy)

1 minute ago, five wan said:

Only got 2 mates bud!! Maybe they’re trying to tell you something by sitting in the opposite stand!!!

lol I know what you meant, just couldn’t help myself 

Ha, na they don’t have season tickets they just usually go to the big games so we all try and get seats together.

Your post made me laugh tho 😂👍

gordiegords

I sit near the top of wheatfield C it’s a great view but my dad who sits about there rows down and along in D has the sweet spot imo.

ToadKiller Dog

I like my seat in the Gorgie in Z sort of angled look from high in the corner 

PaddysBar
1 hour ago, maltese jambo said:

Always liked the main stand as could rock up close to kick off time and be out and on bus heading east quickly after 

Malta’s south mate😀

PaddysBar

I’m high up in wheatfield B and it’s a great view but takes ****ing ages to get out at full time. 

Behind the goal is absolutely fine to see the other end if you’re high enough up. Had STs in the Gorgie before. 

hoof.hearted
43 minutes ago, Daktari said:

Sit in row 8 of the main stand. Only got wet twice,  Partick midweek a few seasons ago and Dundee last Tuesday. Low sun sometimes but that's always been the case... the sun & earth are in the same place they've been for a few billion years. 

ArcticJambo
32 minutes ago, martoon said:

All four are on the brink, according to dotnut. It's only the rust that's holding them up. 😄

Imagine being so desperate for one-upmanship that fantasies about stands, capacity, hotel and windows is your goto derby bragging right.

We used to be Gorgie Road ST's, now, when we can make it, we're in the Roseburn.

Much prefer watching games from behind the goals. It makes the game more readable, imo.

Agree, it's a player's perspective. :D

Jambo-Fox

Got to be the corner (filled) between the Wheatfield & School End … on a warm day the aroma (rising) is reminiscent of decades ago!!