Away kit - Replace with 3rd kit

OTT

Robbo-Jambo
On 03/02/2024 at 18:47, OTT said:

I know this is probably daft, but I would really like to see us stop using the away kit and just retire the pink monstrosity for our amazing anniversary kit. 

It looks better, we're now officially into our 150th year and our colours are maroon and white. No reason not to. Get the naff pink thing in the bin!!!!

I mean look at it ffs 😍 Thing of beauty!! Time to finish 3rd in style :P 

Gorgeous: Hearts 23-24 Third Kit Released Sold Out Within, 58% OFF

Also, I really hope the club has a home version planned for next season. :) Still 150th year technically :lol: 

Agree, that pink strip is horrible.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chuck Berry

• queensferryjambo

• dannymack

• Chimp

gorgierulesapply88
On 03/02/2024 at 18:51, suds66 said:

That pink kit is horrific and embarrassing in my opinion.

I agree I feel it's for the woman's team and those who say it wasn't brought in to appease them is lying.

3 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

I agree I feel it's for the woman's team and those who say it wasn't brought in to appease them is lying.

Of course it was. In what way has bright neon pink got any affiliation to Hearts anyway? a complete eyesore.

dannymack
14 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I heard McKinlay is in favour of next season finally bringing Vlad's green strip kit to reality 

That should please a few on here.

PS not my top or pictures.

20171025_181559.thumb.jpg.3dce2ae98bc857e6344c8abf7046f2ee.jpg

20171025_181612.thumb.jpg.b8c7daa4a13f81756273ee29c5a0138e.jpg

dannymack
48 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Of course it was. In what way has bright neon pink got any affiliation to Hearts anyway? a complete eyesore.

You could say the same about all the colours chosen for our away kits and debate for an argument as to what affiliation do they have historically towards the club baring in mind our original club colour is all white (Red heart ❤️ ?).

Do you honestly think for one second when Asics and Pony introduced these away kits (images 3 & 4) they were thinking back to the 1906 Scottish Cup Final ? 

20201013_114848.thumb.jpg.436b1beeebe1df52765df2431999d3b6.jpg

Screenshot_20230727_211802_Twitter.thumb.jpg.844c1da9aae1dd44c74425b321ab069f.jpg

Screenshot_20240123_003326_PhotoDirector.thumb.jpg.16fd764ccac44aca184e53607f0fa468.jpg

Screenshot_20231020_220749_PhotoDirector.thumb.jpg.c145613ced96a305929e4cfadcc22c32.jpg

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Surprised at how little we have played in pink.

2x Dundee and 1x Livi

Maroon - Celtic, Rangers, Killie, St J, Hibs St M paok

White - Motherwell Ross Co Aberdeen rosenborg

Yeah we could definitely wear our away kit more often, against Rangers and St Johnstone definitely. 

17 minutes ago, dannymack said:

You could say the same about all the colours chosen for our away kits and debate for an argument as to what affiliation do they have historically towards the club baring in mind our original club colour is all white (Red heart ❤️ ?).

Do you honestly think for one second when Asics and Pony introduced these away kits (images 3 & 4) they were thinking back to the 1906 Scottish Cup Final ? 

20201013_114848.thumb.jpg.436b1beeebe1df52765df2431999d3b6.jpg

Screenshot_20230727_211802_Twitter.thumb.jpg.844c1da9aae1dd44c74425b321ab069f.jpg

Screenshot_20240123_003326_PhotoDirector.thumb.jpg.16fd764ccac44aca184e53607f0fa468.jpg

Screenshot_20231020_220749_PhotoDirector.thumb.jpg.c145613ced96a305929e4cfadcc22c32.jpg

At least we have blue in our badge mate, if we updated the badge since our first ever one then we there's no issue with paying tribute to the colour to suit that, to have that affiliation. 

What the hell has bright neon pink got to do with Hearts and when has it ever? We haven't changed anything in our club or crest to now just start associating ourselves with that hideous colour.

We are a traditional club and I like to see us in our traditional colours. Might be a bit old school and I get that now kits are out to appeal to women and kids but this is my view. Tbh I prefer us just having the reverse colours every season anyway. Maroon top with white trims for the home,  and white top with maroon trims for the away. Always looks far classier IMO and I'll never be convinced otherwise.

Edited by Chimp

I know this is probably daft, but I would really like to see us stop using the away kit and just retire the pink monstrosity for our amazing anniversary kit. 

It looks better, we're now officially into our 150th year and our colours are maroon and white. No reason not to. Get the naff pink thing in the bin!!!!

Also, I really hope the club has a home version planned for next season. :) Still 150th year technically :lol: 

Totally 100% correct.,.,.,,..I wonder which Budge person is responsible for the pink kit ?  (get shot of Pink !!)

Nookie Bear
15 minutes ago, Chimp said:

At least we have blue in our badge mate, if we updated the badge since our first ever one then we there's no issue with paying tribute to the colour to suit that, to have that affiliation. 

What the hell has bright neon pink got to do with Hearts and when has it ever? We haven't changed anything in our club or crest to now just start associating ourselves with that hideous colour.

We are a traditional club and I like to see us in our traditional colours. Might be a bit old school and I get that now kits are out to appeal to women and kids but this is my view. Tbh I prefer us just having the reverse colours every season anyway. Maroon top with white trims for the home,  and white top with maroon trims for the away. Always looks far classier IMO and I'll never be convinced otherwise.

Hard to argue with that. Perhaps jazz it up for a training kit if the designers feel like going off-piste a bit.

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hard to argue with that. Perhaps jazz it up for a training kit if the designers feel like going off-piste a bit.

Absolutely, was my first thoughts when I first saw it. Looks like a training kit and to be honest I couldn't care what colour that is. (except green of course)

dannymack
2 hours ago, Chimp said:

The blue in the crest is a nod to the St. Andrews Cross which was implemented in the original design of our present but updated, redesigned crest which is only 64 years old. 

Blue goes further back in our history to the 1906 Scottish Cup Final regardless of the shade. 

The shade of pink we have now has probably no affiliation with the club but as close as we can get to that will be the Earl of Rosebury and his racing colours, far fetched ? maybe but there's nothing you can do about it now, it was presented, it was a great seller IE very popular with the buying fans. 

Your 3rd point on tradition... 

Home kit : All White

Away Kit : Red White and Blue 

3rd Kit : Pink Top, Navy Blue Shorts, Navy Blue Socks Pink turnover. 🙃👍😉

Batistuta87

Listen to all the Hearts dah's still greeting about the pink strip hahahaha one of the most popular kits in years but pink's fur wimmin so get it in the bin! 

You all must have been absolutely raging when Tynecastle was pink! 

Honestly man!! 🤣

Dallas Green

It's good to know people want a boring reverse away kit every year rather than the club bringing out all these different strips that end up going on to be our best selling and making us more money. Shambles of a club we are eh.

Glad these people have no say in our strips.

The pink strip is nice. The design on it is a nod to one of our older strips too. Simply lovely.

gordon simpson
On 04/02/2024 at 01:24, tian447 said:

Pink is just for women and gays, eh? 

:cornette:

sure is 

gordon simpson
On 04/02/2024 at 01:24, tian447 said:

Pink is just for women and gays, eh? 

:cornette:

sure is 

Watt-Zeefuik

The pink kit is fine. It's far better than that pink and yellow abomination we played in (and never won a single game in) a few years ago.

I'm not a fan of the two slightly different shades of pink but we look good playing in it, so what do I know.

Any folk getting their undies in a bunch because it's pink and therefore somehow unmanly or some bullshit need to quit being such fragile little waifs.

But that said the third strip is an all-time great and I do wish we were playing in it more.

Dallas Green
25 minutes ago, gordon simpson said:

sure is 

Quite a bitter and horrible stereotype. 

joondalupjambo

I like the pink strip, I like the anniversary top, I like any strip that our players wear when they represent HMFC.

dannymack
48 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Listen to all the Hearts dah's still greeting about the pink strip hahahaha one of the most popular kits in years but pink's fur wimmin so get it in the bin! 

Honestly man!! 🤣

👏👏🤣🤣Screenshot_20240103_183154_PhotoDirector.thumb.jpg.b40a2b711165aad321d0a2f583163d11.jpg

Screenshot_20240103_182648_PhotoDirector.thumb.jpg.2af751da947e86abf34cabb2bc25cd17.jpg

And a wee nod to our 1983-86 away Club colours coinciding with our cute wee stadiumScreenshot_20240129_230413_Instagram.thumb.jpg.4ffacaade8635d183b23eb681b2723a7.jpg

Dallas Green
Just now, dannymack said:

👏👏🤣🤣Screenshot_20240103_183154_PhotoDirector.thumb.jpg.b40a2b711165aad321d0a2f583163d11.jpg

Screenshot_20240103_182648_PhotoDirector.thumb.jpg.2af751da947e86abf34cabb2bc25cd17.jpg

And a wee nod to our 1983-86 away Club colours coinciding with our cute wee stadiumScreenshot_20240129_230413_Instagram.thumb.jpg.4ffacaade8635d183b23eb681b2723a7.jpg

:sweeet:

il Duce McTarkin
7 hours ago, droid said:

We should actually replace this years abysmal home kit with the pink one for the rest of the season.

Agreed.

queensferryjambo
22 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

UK shirts are shipped from their London office.

That's good news. The ones I bought a while ago definitely came from Holland. 

The one I got from the 2-2 derby match earlier in the season came pretty quickly but never checked where it came from. Makes sense that they have a UK office now as their business has really expanded over the last few seasons.

queensferryjambo
11 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Can we blame the strips if we Hibsit by losing 3rd spot? 

::troll:: 

The sad thing is there are genuinely people who believe that things like the strips we wear have a bearing on the football we play. 

On 03/02/2024 at 23:05, Tommy Brown said:

Thank god our kit wasn't to commemorate Coventry City's infamous chocolate strip.

What a choice, the pink or the brown.

:mmtaxi:

:groundhog:

👍

17 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Honestly man!! 🤣

Listen to you greeting about others having an opinion on a kit mate! 😂

It's ok not to like a colour or have an opinion on one. I think neon pink is an eyesore and nowt to do with Hearts.

Presume you'd be happy if we just went for a bottle green away kit one year? But green's fur Hibs so get it in the bin!

Edited by Chimp

JudyJudyJudy

Imagine getting all het up about the colour pink ! Dearie me 

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Chimp said:

It's ok not to like a colour or have an opinion on one. I think neon pink is an eyesore and nowt to do with Hearts.

Presume you'd be happy if we just went for a bottle green away kit one year? But green's fur Hibs so get it in the bin!

Just having a laugh mate - some of the opinions on the pink kit just because its pink and therefore a wimmin's colour really make me laugh. I actually prefer it to the home one, which I think is a bit of a poor effort.

I associate pink with Hearts. The Roseberry jersey, the Pink newspaper, the stadium used to be pink... 

Green is completely different 🤣

Edited by Batistuta87

19 hours ago, gordon simpson said:

sure is 

f40f47ab-ce75-4f11-8f01-d9aa6ace14b4.jpg

dannymack
1 hour ago, Chimp said:

A wise person once said we're all entitled to an opinion but it it doesn't mean we're right. 

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Just having a laugh mate - some of the opinions on the pink kit just because its pink and therefore a wimmin's colour really make me laugh.

I associate pink with Hearts. The Roseberry jersey, the Pink newspaper, the stadium used to be pink... 

Green is completely different 🤣

Fair enough. The right shade of pink can look fine, Most of the Palermo kits over the years have looked decent enough. 

Was just using green as an example as colour can matter, or certainly people have an opinion on it in some way or other. 

I can understand the thought process behind the club going such a vibrant colour, but just isn't for me. This thread is to discuss this topic after all 😅

2 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Fair enough. The right shade of pink can look fine, Most of the Palermo kits over the years have looked decent enough. 

Was just using green as an example as colour can matter, or certainly people have an opinion on it in some way or other. 

I can understand the thought process behind the club going such a vibrant colour, but just isn't for me. This thread is to discuss this topic after all 😅

This, for me.

I don't like the pink kit, but not because it's pink. It's just a poor (shades, design etc) kit, imo.

Bob Loblaw

Whether you like the pink kit or not, the notion we should just stop wearing it after letting people spend money on it for kids etc is nonsense. 

Kits have such a short shelf life these days anyway, the least fans deserve is for it to be current for a heartbeat. 

dannymack

I sincerely hope Heart of Midlothian win the Scottish Cup wearing pink... pink ribbons 🎀 

😃 

Someone on Twitter had AI make kits. It still seems to struggle with badges and fonts, but otherwise it's interesting:

Seymour M Hersh

How many of our away wins have been home strip, pink away strip or 150 anniversary white strip? 

queensferryjambo
On 03/02/2024 at 21:05, queensferryjambo said:

We have worn the pink kit 3 times -

Lost at Dundee

Won at Livingston

Won at Dundee 

Looks like another priceless 3 points in the Pink Perth pulveriser. 

3 wins out of 4 games, looks like the ever popular away kit does the business again ;) 

queensferryjambo
15 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

How many of our away wins have been home strip, pink away strip or 150 anniversary white strip? 

We have won 11 away games 2 in the cup 9 in the league -

League

3 wins in pink -

Won at Livingston

Won at Dundee 

Won at St Johnstone

2 wins in white - 

Won at Ross County.

Won at Motherwell.

4 away wins in maroon - 

Won at Hibs.

Won at St Johnstone 

Won at Celtic Park

Won at Kilmarnock.

Cup games both games in maroon -

League cup win at  Kilmarnock

Scottish Cup win at Spartans.

Hopefully that is all correct.

Edited by queensferryjambo

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

We have won 11 away games 2 in the cup 9 in the league -

League

3 wins in pink -

Won at Livingston

Won at Dundee 

Won at St Johnstone

2 wins in white - 

Won at Ross County.

Won at Motherwell.

4 away wins in maroon - 

Won at Hibs.

Won at St Johnstone 

Won at Celtic Park

Won at Kilmarnock.

Cup games both games in maroon -

League cup win at  Kilmarnock

Scottish Cup win at Spartans.

Hopefully that is all correct.

Good researching there Q. Thanks. 

Hungry hippo
3 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Someone on Twitter had AI make kits. It still seems to struggle with badges and fonts, but otherwise it's interesting:

Can't believe I never noticed the Scott Monument getting moved to the Gorgie Farm site.

Edited by Hungry hippo

mbingcrosby

Scrolling through this thread. I've seen the options for short sleeve and long sleeve of the anniversary kit, has anyone been able to order the DEEP V version?

image.png.25e4fdff8394be6e1dd2d0895debd087.png

PhoenixHearts

I find a pleasing sense of irony in the fact that the types of auld football da's who come out with the whole "pink is for girls" shite often have the pinkest of faces. 

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

Can't believe I never noticed the Scott Monument getting moved to the Gorgie Farm site.

It got moved there right after we tore down the new main and put the old Leitch main back up, and knocked down the Gorgie stand for extra light and ventilation.

• 2 weeks later...
Bret the Hitman Hearts
On 06/02/2024 at 10:17, gorgierulesapply88 said:

I doubt adult women care about playing in pink. More likely brought in to appeal to female fans

Hahahahahahaha ……….. the womens team players demanded a pink strip and it was brought in to appease them ? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha :lol: 

Diadora Van Basten

I wouldn’t think we will play in the pink kit again this season unless we wear it against Morton.