Away kit - Replace with 3rd kit

OTT

I know this is probably daft, but I would really like to see us stop using the away kit and just retire the pink monstrosity for our amazing anniversary kit. 

It looks better, we're now officially into our 150th year and our colours are maroon and white. No reason not to. Get the naff pink thing in the bin!!!!

I mean look at it ffs 😍 Thing of beauty!! Time to finish 3rd in style :P 

Gorgeous: Hearts 23-24 Third Kit Released Sold Out Within, 58% OFF

Also, I really hope the club has a home version planned for next season. :) Still 150th year technically :lol: 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chuck Berry

• queensferryjambo

• dannymack

• Chimp

We always play shite in the pink kit. If they want to release something horrible like that for the young fans that should be the 3rd kit. We've had some really nice 3rd kits and horrid away kits.

Just now, Herbert. said:

We always play shite in the pink kit. If they want to release something horrible like that for the young fans that should be the 3rd kit. We've had some really nice 3rd kits and horrid away kits.

Probably my only gripe! Have all these stunning 3rd kits - the AC milan style, the blackout style and now the anniversary kit and can't use any of them on FIFA because the doughnuts made them the 3rd kit instead of the away kit!!! :lol: Silly, but annoying!

Phil D. Corners

The top selling pink kit?

I admit we should use at less as commercially possible. 

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

Probably my only gripe! Have all these stunning 3rd kits - the AC milan style, the blackout style and now the anniversary kit and can't use any of them on FIFA because the doughnuts made them the 3rd kit instead of the away kit!!! :lol: Silly, but annoying!

I remember years ago they had a vote for the next seasons strip, They should do that again.

Chuck Berry
17 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

I remember years ago they had a vote for the next seasons strip, They should do that again.

As a fan owned club, we absolutely should.  Give us 3 or 4 options to choose from.

indianajones

Couldn't give a flying **** what we play in. 

Turn up in the buff just now and we'd win. 

35 minutes ago, OTT said:

I know this is probably daft, but I would really like to see us stop using the away kit and just retire the pink monstrosity for our amazing anniversary kit. 

It looks better, we're now officially into our 150th year and our colours are maroon and white. No reason not to. Get the naff pink thing in the bin!!!!

Also, I really hope the club has a home version planned for next season. :) Still 150th year technically :lol: 

No discussion needed - it's a no brainer for me, close thread 👌

Chuck Berry
4 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Couldn't give a flying **** what we play in. 

Turn up in the buff just now and we'd win. 

Ref wouldn't allow it, need to wear shinnies so socks also required.

Lambert Simnel
1 hour ago, OTT said:

You are 100% correct.  At least 100%. Mebbe more.

Quite glad the white one doesn't get many outings. Makes it more special in a way.

Kjell Olofsson

I always thought we never played well/won with these brutal away pink, yellow/pink, blue stripe strips! Happy to be wrong in recent games! HHGH!

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, OTT said:

I know you meant Inter Milan but AC got me thinking, a maroon and black striped kit would make a superb 3rd kit.

queensferryjambo
17 minutes ago, Homme said:

Quite glad the white one doesn't get many outings. Makes it more special in a way.

I could be wrong but the white one has been worn more times than the pink one. In fact I only remember the pink one being worn twice at Dens and once at Livi. 

Have we worn the pink one in any other games?

1 minute ago, queensferryjambo said:

I could be wrong but the white one has been worn more times than the pink one. In fact I only remember the pink one being worn twice at Dens and once at Livi. 

Have we worn the pink one in any other games?

Have we not lost most of the games its been worn?

queensferryjambo
23 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Have we not lost most of the games its been worn?

Well if we have only worn it 3 times (which I am not 100% sure about) we have only lost at Dundee 1-0 early in the season and won today against Dundee and won away at Livingston.

So no we have won more games in it.

franko1874

That pink strip is an abomination, take away the pink and even the design is horrific 

Dean Winchester
1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Pink kit should have been the 3rd kit 

Absolutely.

GlasgoJambo
1 hour ago, Herbert. said:

Similar to X Factor in that you get the public to vote for the thing they like best before commodifying that popular thing.

Marketing 101

queensferryjambo

As boring as it sounds I have checked (apologies if I am wrong anywhere).

We have worn the pink kit 3 times -

Lost at Dundee

Won at Livingston

Won at Dundee 

The white third kit we have worn 4 times -

Lost to Rosenborg.

Won at Ross County.

Won at Motherwell.

Lost at Aberdeen.

To be fair it isn't a bad record for either kit considering our away records for decades.

Historicaly I don't think we won a game in our yellow Pony kit 96/97, I don't think we won a game in the Rosebery kit and had we not worn the FOH kit at Tynecastle a couple of times we wouldn't have registered a win in that. Did we win a game in the 2019 -21 black 3rd kit? 

The only kit I know we won 100% of our games in was the white Pony 3rd kit worn at Falkirk and Raith season 95/96. We only wore it 2 games.

The pink kit is ****ing quality.  It's even better beating teams in it because you  know it will cause some ridiculous foaming at the mouth from supporters who associate the colour with a certain way of life. 

The third kit, however, should be priotisied this season above all.  I wouldn't even mind us wearing it at home instead of the maroon kit. It has a special significance given the anniversary of the club, and it's an absolutely outstanding kit. We should be wearing it in as many games as possible. 

queensferryjambo

BTW for all the fans of the pink kit they are on sale from today and Shanks is at a £1000 already.

Judging by the tone of this thread and the lack of love for the pink kit I doubt whoever has laid down a grand isn't on here tonight :) 

https://www.matchwornshirt.com/event/03-02-2024-dundee-f-c-heart-of-midlothian?utm_source=auction-live&utm_medium=favourites-single-auction-live-&utm_campaign=mws_email&utm_content=mwscomms

Sleepy head

every time I see that pink kit, I can taste it😆 Seriously, I think of that pink chew bar from my childhood, The one with the sour sherbet pieces. Can't think of its name but seriously, My mind wanders to it every time I look at it😄

My 8 year old absolutely loves the pick strip, he loves it and is the age group it was aimed at..not 45 year old Da's like me 

Sell it in the shop to kids by all means but it looks bloody awful on grown men. The shorts, in particular, are excruciating.

We have that beautiful 1874 kit; why the hell are we wearing that pink monstrosity?

Hectormasson
3 hours ago, suds66 said:

That pink kit is horrific and embarrassing in my opinion.

ditto,its awful, this pink should be binned totally,unless for womens team, plenty other proper colours for team inc our new white kit, 

Don’t like it but apparently has sold well and we are only going to wear it about three times. 

Pete Elliott
3 hours ago, indianajones said:

Turn up in the buff just now and we'd win

The white top is so transparent we’d be as well playing in the buff.

Pete Elliott
14 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

ditto,its awful, this pink should be binned totally,unless for womens team, plenty other proper colours for team inc our new white kit, 

Tell me you’re stuck in the 1950s without telling me you’re stuck in the 1950s.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I know you meant Inter Milan but AC got me thinking, a maroon and black striped kit would make a superb 3rd kit.

Edited by Stupid Sexy Flanders

Bunny Munro
3 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Pink kit should have been the 3rd kit 

The 150th was made the 3rd kit due our deal with Stella Omada, we didn't want a sponsorship on the white kit.

Tommy Brown

Thank god our kit wasn't to commemorate Coventry City's infamous chocolate strip.

What a choice, the pink or the brown.

:mmtaxi: