• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OTT

• Hansel

• been here before

• Japan Jambo

jock _turd

Ray Dunlop anybody? It was like having an opposition forward between the posts 😂I left when they went 3-3 you knew we were going to get stuffed. Imagine WG a first half hatrick and you get turned over 4-3

Alex MacDonald

I have grim memories of Brian Wilson and Craig Nelson but Pereira easily the worst I’ve seen in my 50 years watching Hearts.

Watt-Zeefuik

And as to how he got there, I can only believe it has to do with Neuer. He gave managers so many brilliant ideas of what you could do with a keeper who could play with the ball at his feet, they all got stars in their eyes. So much that they forgot that the first thing a keeper has to do is keep the ****ing ball out of the net.

queensferryjambo
3 hours ago, OTT said:

I genuinely don't think we've had a worse keeper.

I genuinely don't think we have had a worse player in any position of the field. 

He ranks as the most hopeless player I have ever seen play for Hearts and I have seen a few absolute duds in my time.

Alex MacDonald
Just now, jock _turd said:

Ray Dunlop anybody? It was like having an opposition forward between the posts 😂I left when they went 3-3 you knew we were going to get stuffed. Imagine WG a first half hatrick and you get turned over 4-3

That’s Brian Wilson. Dunlop signed the following season.

jock _turd
5 minutes ago, Alex MacDonald said:

That’s Brian Wilson. Dunlop signed the following season.

My bad could have sworn it was Dunlop. He was duff though eh? The goal where it bounces out off his knee/thigh 😂

Edited by jock _turd

Benny Klack
2 hours ago, jambodougie said:

Kurskis was the worst by far. 

Aye Kurskis was even worse which was some task.

The one incident from that St Johnstone game is the feckin lob that he somehow manages to punch back into play

Kurksis played four times for Hearts. Pereira, somehow, played 25 times. Whether or not Kurskis was worse, Pereira caused the most damage to us of any keeper and goes down as the worst I've ever seen.

Vlad Magic

Interesting. 

Why post the OP now?

Of all the things going on with the club now focus on our worst (arguably) keeper now?

Doesnt add up 

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Zlamal is a nutter no question but he's a decent goalie

100% this, He did make mistakes in his time at Hearts but was decent (the problem for him is he came in after we had a season of McLaughlin who was great so make any negative side of the next keeper look greater, similar to any goalkeeper after we Gordon left.)

If Zlamel had been our main keeper that season we would not have been at the bottom.

I remember the home game against Kilmarnock after we had gone on a run of picking up points, we went 3-0 down and every goal could easily be blamed on Pereira (the pick of the bunch was the 2nd Killie goal when he ran out to the edge of the box to stop the player with ball despite a defender on them who was able to kick it into the net.) We battled back after that and got two goals and almost equalised but the damage was done.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Sinbad the Sailor

In order off dufferness:

1. Poppadoms Hands

2. Brian Wilson

3. Kurskis

Thankfully we've been blessed by lots of cracking keepers.

1. Gordon

2. Niemi

3. Cruikshank 

4. Smith 

5. Clark

Etc.

SoMarkDevriesy

I had a look at our line up for this game - what an odd team. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51246463

Utterly useless GK

Great CB pairing of Halkett & Souttar

The polarising Clare at RB (probably enjoyed his best form there) and a man I had forgotten existed until reading this at LB, AIdy White.

An uninspiring CM duo of Irvine and Sibbick

The forgettable Henderson and Meshino (who perhaps looked good in flashes) on the wings

A solid if not lighting quick strike force of Boyce and Naismith (Naismith playing in behind as a 10 I think)

Decent options off the bench in the form of Uche, Bozanic and less so Washington.

Despite how poor a squad/season that was for us there still multiple players in there that got goals against Hibs! Naismith, Washington, Clare, Uche, Bozanic, Sibbick and Boyce (admittedly they weren't all in that period or season but nonetheless pretty amusing!)

Edited by SoMarkDevriesy
Spelling

Tommy Brown
6 minutes ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

In order off dufferness:

1. Poppadoms Hands

2. Brian Wilson

3. Kurskis

Thankfully we've been blessed by lots of cracking keepers.

1. Gordon

2. Niemi

3. Cruikshank 

4. Smith 

5. Clark

Etc.

Get big Gilles on that list. Above Clark at least

As and as perriera was, the managers who kept picking him to start matches are way more guilty!

Just an awful season. One I just want to forget for so many reasons. The stitch up with celtic and Doncaster just makes it so much harder to take. Never forget that!

But... we're back now and looking strong. Onwards and upwards. Feck everyone else!

davemclaren
1 hour ago, jock _turd said:

I still have nightmares about Ray Dunlop. 

Said it before, he was THE reason we were bottom when the league stopped.

We were mostly crap everywhere , but with Boyce, Halkett & Souttar in that team we had enough to pick up points, but that imposter kept throwing them in.

Some highlights you can actually hear Halkett openly screaming at him. 

Jose was surely having an affair with his mum or something like that cause he was hopeless beyond belief

Arthur Morgan
6 hours ago, OTT said:

Could have went down to the local ****ing park and found a better keeper. 

We seriously could have! The Spartans keeper (Blair Carswell) was better, for example. 

Hectormasson
4 hours ago, Alex MacDonald said:

I have grim memories of Brian Wilson and Craig Nelson but Pereira easily the worst I’ve seen in my 50 years watching Hearts.

without doubt, the worst goalie ever in a hearts goalie jersey,cant imagine anyone  as bad as le cat,truly dreadful.....

3 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Interesting. 

Why post the OP now?

Of all the things going on with the club now focus on our worst (arguably) keeper now?

Doesnt add up 

:lol: What? 

Saw tweet in OP, posted thread lamenting awful keeper. 

Thats it. Thats the thread :D 

jambos are go!
9 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

Probably the best kicker we've had in goals.

Otherwise despair-making.

Agree but useless otherwise 

gregzy2k7

Imposter.

Without doubt the worst keeper and player I have ever seen play for us.

Makes Zibi Malkowski look like Bufon.

cosanostra
7 hours ago, rory78 said:

Seeing Aidy White aswell 😱 truly terrible footballer 

Didn't he win the penalty that we scored at Hampden that beat the tramps when the stadium was empty with covid? 

Pretty sure it was him. That moment made me forgive how terrible a player he was.

King prawn
3 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Didn't he win the penalty that we scored at Hampden that beat the tramps when the stadium was empty with covid? 

Pretty sure it was him. That moment made me forgive how terrible a player he was.

He did indeed - he wasn't that bad, definitely shouldn't be alongside names like Pereira

King prawn

The only thing more frustrating than poppadom hands was the idiot that kept selecting him!

Jean Louis Valois

Those really were very grim times,  so many poor players in that team. That beautiful strip deserved so much better.

Also a petition needs to be started for Toby to bring back the dreds, He was excellent on his debut vs Rangers.

henrysmithsgloves

Was the only player that season that my son never got an autograph from🥺

Spoiler

Kept dropping the pen😉

Valois No1

He was an awful keeper. I have seen better keepers at Junior level and I’m not joking. How he has made a career out the game I’ll never know.

Dennis Reynolds

My highest achievement was being third choice of a barely functioning juniors team and I'm 100% convinced I would have done better. 

Harry Potter
15 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I get quite ****ing angry thinking about him.

Its more the fear for me, im still at a loss about him.

Utterly pony. Watching that back, he couldn't dive properly. He goes down in slow stages. The defense had absolutely no confidence in him, and how he stayed in place for so long is mystifying. As others have mentioned, he has carved a career from managers who get a stiffy about ball playing, sweeper keepers. 

iantjambo

Appalling “goalkeeper”. Our worst ever.

I say that because we actually thought that we had brought in a good, reliable keeper. Oh how wrong we were. 

Never made any meaningful save for us that I can remember and was one of the main reasons that we were bottom of the league. Imagine being a defender and knowing that huddy was between the sticks behind you.

Who’s he stealing a wage from these days?

8 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Who updated his Wikipedia page and linked this thread? 😂

image.png.754ebc50c7db21870327217fd1310df0.png

Had to check myself :lol: 

Oh well, I've made a thread that contributed to Wikipedia, Friday evening well spent :P 

Hope the prick never works in football again. 

Back to 2005
16 hours ago, Percival King said:

Yep. Seen a lot of Hearts goalies since the seventies and I can't remember one worse than him. Made me nervous when he had the ball at his feet in box and the nearest opposition player was in the centre circle......and he justified that nervousness several times. Dave Bowman was a better keeper for us......and he was a midfielder.

At least I can recall Bowman making a save! 

Jack Torrance
9 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Who updated his Wikipedia page and linked this thread? 😂

My bad. Soz. 😆

The Gorgie

Unbelievably that wasn't even his worst game for us. The 3-2 defeat at home to killie, a fecking traffic cone would have done a better job.

18 minutes ago, basscom said:

Watch this then decide just how good he was for Hearts… 

😆 

Very good

14 minutes ago, The Gorgie said:

Unbelievably that wasn't even his worst game for us. The 3-2 defeat at home to killie, a fecking traffic cone would have done a better job.

So much of that season I'd managed to mentally put into a box and forget about. 

Hands (lol) down the worst keeper in world football. Our forward play was decent, Naismith, Boyce & Washington all very good players at the time. Halks & Souttar both a solid enough CB pairing (fair enough Halks didn't have a great season but how much of that was due to that utter bombscare behind him?).

It was like the team knew as soon as there was a shot that got through the defence, it was a goal. 9 times out of 10. I'm genuinely surprised there wasn't a rammy in the changing room. Especially with guys like Naismith & Halkett in the team. Pereira without any shadow of a doubt relegated us. Yes, its a team sport and we win/lose as a team but he wasn't doing the absolute bare minimum of his job - to stop shots. 

I don't think we'd have been last when the season was stopped if we'd just used Bobby or Doyle... the damage Poppadom hands did to our teams confidence is genuinely something else. He cost us £3m+ through the relegation. 

It really puts into perspective how spoiled for choice we are now with Gordon & Zander. Two absolutely excellent goalkeepers that we should be thanking our lucky stars are here!!