Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Gundermann

• The Real Maroonblood

• Pete Elliott

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good. It was never sectarian. 

This desperation for equivalence between Rangers and Celtic is pathetic. Just because they can't use their litany of derogatory terms for irish catholics doesn't mean there also needs to be a sectarian term for Rangers fans too. 

Huns because they behave like a band a rampaging huns. Act less ****ing feral. 

Calling them fans was never suggested to be sectarian . True of the ones that walked away and let their club die however 

“It is not a slur against people of the Protestant faith.”

Shame that it upsets Huns so much 

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Calling Rangers fans "Huns" is officially not sectarian
The Real Maroonblood
24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Can the admins change the thread title to include the word “ HUNS “ please 

:pleasingao:

jimbojambo

I remember singing go home ya huns to all away fans not just Rangers. They are very precious aren't they? We used to sing you'll never walk alone as  did all supporters of every club..... 

😂

No skin off my nose but let’s see who’s outraged if the same guy turns up at Tynecastle next month, spouting the same stuff. 
Confusion all round methinks !

😵‍💫

Gundermann
21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

“It is not a slur against people of the Protestant faith.”

Shame that it upsets Huns so much 

As if Sevco's hate-filled followers adhere to any form of religion.

And the Lord decreeed "Thou shalt sully thy own garden with much defecation and urination" 

rangers george sq 3.jpg

rangers george sq.jpg

AlphonseCapone

Poor huns. Poor mini huns on here and in our support. Feel sorry for the huns, constantly being called huns, for being huns.

11 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

As if Sevco's hate-filled followers adhere to any form of religion.

And the Lord decreeed "Thou shalt sully thy own garden with much defecation and urination" 

rangers george sq 3.jpg

rangers george sq.jpg

See when you see footage like this ? Huns acting like savage barbaric Huns ? How can anyone keep a straight face and claim the term refers to people who adhere to a faith ? Utter nonsense that the whining wee babies try and peddle this nonsense :lol:  

Colonel Kurtz

for sake of accuracy Celtic supporters were called Huns first due to Irelands siding with the Germans during the war they also sing a dittly celebrating German rifles coming in oer the strand

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

for sake of accuracy Celtic supporters were called Huns first due to Irelands siding with the Germans during the war they also sing a dittly celebrating German rifles coming in oer the strand

Which war?

davemclaren

Good to see the stance adopted by JKB re the term has been ratified by a court. 😎

19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Which war?

The Second World War, most likely. There were Irish divisions all over Europe in WWI so it seems unlikely to be in reference to that. 

The initial decision and then the Sheriff Appeal Court's decision were nonsensical.

By their reasoning "Rangers *******" would be sectarian.

The way the case was argued makes this the right result.

It doesn't make the term non sectarian.

buzzbomb1958
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Good. It was never sectarian. 

This desperation for equivalence between Rangers and Celtic is pathetic. Just because they can't use their litany of derogatory terms for irish catholics doesn't mean there also needs to be a sectarian term for Rangers fans too. 

Huns because they behave like a band a rampaging huns. Act less ****ing feral. 

I’d rather call them cheating feckers that’s the real deal

Drumjambo

If the police weren't so much "Hun" sympathisers we'd be about 40 Million quid better off as a country thanks to their Dodgy arrests of those that plundered their already plundered club!!

Oh and Craig Whyte never knew Sir David - Guffaw!!

Who'd have thought a combination of Green and Whyte would cause such devastation to wipe them from history - Still well done on buying the leagues , it makes a change from your refs buying you points!!

superjack
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Our resident Hun symphiser will be delighted. 😁

How come you said it referring to a singular hun?

1 hour ago, JJ93 said:

Hun = a member of a warlike nomadic people from Central Asia who invaded and ravaged Europe in the 4th–5th centuries.

Cleaner and less smelly than your average Rangers supporter. 

Hun *******s :jj:

29 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

You all OK, hun ?

Shared, Azerbaijan xxx

Gundermann
19 minutes ago, Bender said:

The Second World War, most likely. There were Irish divisions all over Europe in WWI so it seems unlikely to be in reference to that. 

WWII also saw many Irish enlist - some 50k and despite official neutrality, Eire, cooperated with the Brits - Churchill offered De Valera the Six Counties back if Ireland joined up - to offer intelligence on German forces and the elements of the IRA that favoured a German victory.

https://warfarehistorynetwork.com/article/ireland-in-world-war-ii-the-swastika-vs-the-shamrock/

Clear few

😂 boo hoo ya Hun tramps 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿roon ye!!! 

Colonel Kurtz
34 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

WWII also saw many Irish enlist - some 50k and despite official neutrality, Eire, cooperated with the Brits - Churchill offered De Valera the Six Counties back if Ireland joined up - to offer intelligence on German forces and the elements of the IRA that favoured a German victory.

https://warfarehistorynetwork.com/article/ireland-in-world-war-ii-the-swastika-vs-the-shamrock/

After Hitler died the only message of sympathy was sent by the then Irish government

The Real Maroonblood
41 minutes ago, superjack said:

How come you said it referring to a singular hun?

:lol:
Oops.

Ex member of the SaS

I think calling them Huns is disrespectful, all true Huns should not be dragged down by this lot!

47 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not the end of the matter.

:lol: 

Do you believe Hun is a religious slur Mikey ? Tell me you are better than that 

been here before
50 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not the end of the matter.

You're going to post a link to something for a change arent you?

Edited by been here before

Oh well, means we can’t be offended anymore by “wee Huns” “mini Huns” or “purple Huns”….

::troll::

Deid Heid

If it looks like a hun, if it walks like a hun, if it lays waste to a medium size city in the wake of a good thrasing, then (legally) it's probably a HUN.

Get it up ye ya HUN *****!

Plus saying, "he's a hun" is far easier than saying "he's a The rangers fan"

il Duce McTarkin
3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Can the admins change the thread title to include the word “ HUNS “ please 

Thanks @Maple Leaf 😉👍

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Correct decision. 

**** the huns

:sweeet:

5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Oh well, means we can’t be offended anymore by “wee Huns” “mini Huns” or “purple Huns”….

::troll::

Never have been and never will be . I have never behaved like a rampaging Hun :) 

jock _turd
1 hour ago, Bender said:

Would actually have been the great war when they revolted in 1916?

NottsJambo

If that's the case why, when telling Scots (i live in England) who I support, they so often reply, "oh, the Edinburgh Huns" or similar? What is it that links us and Rangers in their minds?

Whatever it's origin it stinks of sectarianism.

8 minutes ago, NottsJambo said:

If that's the case why, when telling Scots (i live in England) who I support, they so often reply, "oh, the Edinburgh Huns" or similar? What is it that links us and Rangers in their minds?

You maybe just keep really ignorant company 

jock _turd
10 minutes ago, NottsJambo said:

I have been a Hearts supporter for well on 64 years now and in my time Hearts supporter in the main have always had a leaning toward the blue sides of the OF  religious bias . The south side of Edinburgh at the time when Hearts were formed was a hot bed of Irish incomers I think this fueled the issue.

Edited by jock _turd

Bull's-eye
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You maybe just keep really ignorant company 

Or he made it up.

J Cheever Loophole
1 hour ago, Gundermann said:

The other lot received 50,000 Mauser rifles from Kaiser Bill just before WW1