• Bozi

• GinRummy

• vegas-voss

• Ex member of the SaS

Foley - "I want them to be just as successful as Bournemouth"

So, mid-table then? Shouldn't be difficult. 🤔

Drumjambo
3 hours ago, Bozi said:

I like the bit where the guy says that Hibs were ahead of us 5 games ago...with a 16 point gap I'm not sure logic is his strong point, or maths, or reality 

Aye so they were

SPL league table for 2023/24 at Christmas

SPFL Table at Christmas 2023

Saint Jambo
11 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

Aye so they were

SPL league table for 2023/24 at Christmas

SPFL Table at Christmas 2023

To be fair, it is about the only think that is accurate on that thread. 5 games ago for them was after they had won at Livi and we had lost to Aberdeen. At that point they had played 17 games and we had played 16. They were a point ahead of us. Since then they have played 5 games, while we have played 7 games. So from their perspective that is 5 games ago.

It shouldn't really be any comfort to them. Since then they have picked up 2 points from 15 and we have picked up 19 from 21. While I generally think football fans too often think how things have been recently is how they will remain for the foreseeable future, it takes a special kind of delusion to see those stats as a reason for hope.

Rory Mcilroy

The vermin forgetting that 1st half of the season is usually their best bit. As we’re already seeing with the recent form guide, 2nd half is when the carnage truly begins ☠️

frankblack
6 minutes ago, Rory Mcilroy said:

The vermin forgetting that 1st half of the season is usually their best bit. As we’re already seeing with the recent form guide, 2nd half is when the carnage truly begins ☠️

They always have the traditional Christmas slump. 😆

Substitution for Hibs, leaving the field number 98 Loanee 7 the be replaced by number 112 Loanee 21…. 

Rory Mcilroy
21 minutes ago, frankblack said:

They always have the traditional Christmas slump. 😆

Monty knows the script 😎

karipidis
3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I wouldn't be getting too cocky. Remember how we managed to blow it last year.

We are in a great position but we cannot afford to assume it is a given we will finish third.

Naismith will be telling his players exactly that I would imagine.

On paper our next two games look easier than theirs but then look at how we did the last time at Dens Park.

Levein also will be desperate to try and take something from us when we play them.

Not sure where I am getting cocky. I am just saying it will not be Hibs who will be providing us with a challenge for 3rd. And do you disagree that we are likely to take more points than Hibs over the next 3 games? I think tomorrow is going to be an incredibly tough game, and I would probably take a point, but there is no reason not to be optimistic. 

35 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Not sure where I am getting cocky. I am just saying it will not be Hibs who will be providing us with a challenge for 3rd. And do you disagree that we are likely to take more points than Hibs over the next 3 games? I think tomorrow is going to be an incredibly tough game, and I would probably take a point, but there is no reason not to be optimistic. 

I am urging caution with our expectations. We should all know by now how Hearts are when they are favourites against clubs lower in the league than us.

You suggested that the 16 point gap would grow over the next few games and I am optimistic that this will be the case and I agree with you that it is unlikely to be Hibs.

I would fancy that Killie will be the main threat especially as they have just added two strikers to their squad.

4marsbars
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

As usual there are a few that are sensible but the rest live in some drug fuelled fantasy world. 

I think that's unfair. They need no substances to fuel their fantasies. It's just that their reputation for flair has become such a fact amongst so many pundits that reality has no place.

Ex member of the SaS

Just seen this:

I watch Hibs to enjoy it, not because I gain it loose anything based on out results. The folk who are bursting blood vessels at poor performances can’t be enjoying it.

NOT sure what he means in the first part but folks not enjoying poor performances takes the biscuit.

10 hours ago, indianajones said:

The momentum is with Hibs. 

:rofl:

They're not wrong. 

It's just not in the direction they think it is. 

:fonzie:

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

IMG_6129.jpeg

IMG_6130.jpeg

But the positive the first poster is talking about is only positive because someone made up a fairly far fetched scenario. 

Can already see it.

Win tomorrow and they’ll be favourites for 3rd, new players are the greatest to ever pull on a Hibs shirt, Monty will be the messiah and it’s only a matter of time before they win the league with Foleys millions

Lose and Monty will be getting marched out the door, foley will be a fraud and the players slaughtered with demands for Hanlon and Stevenson to be returned to the team 

Draw they’ll just go home and bother their sisters as usual.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

But the positive the first poster is talking about is only positive because someone made up a fairly far fetched scenario. 

Exactly . Then there is the guy who says they need to stop living in reality so much :lol: 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Exactly . Then there is the guy who says they need to stop living in reality so much :lol: 

That’s a fair shout tbh, if I supported them then reality wouldn’t be something I would be interested in. The same fans who rebranded themselves as warrior poets because their team was shit at football 😂

Wee Mikey

Let's face it ...

H1B5 are doomed.

If they put up a richt guid ficht, then they might ... just might ... scrape into the top 6.

Cue a stuffing from us.

But, more likely, are struggling to avoid a play-off place.

They now have a 'cast of thousands' and are gonna be SO MUCH fun to poke fun at.

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That’s a fair shout tbh, if I supported them then reality wouldn’t be something I would be interested in. The same fans who rebranded themselves as warrior poets because their team was shit at football 😂

It is almost admirable . I used to work with one who was about 25 stone and wore the most hilarious combinations of clothes you have ever seen . Brown corduroy jackets with jobby catchers , harlequin rugby top and suede loafers . He thought he was gods gift to women . Heid like a giant coconut and his lunch all over his coupon every day . How can you not admire that level of contentedness ? Hibs fan naturally 

The Treasurer
21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The positive poster is talking about winning the two derby's, there is a good possibility that there will only be one more this season 

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

The positive poster is talking about winning the two derby's, there is a good possibility that there will only be one more this season 

Cheers, hadn’t read back the thread over there recently. Still a load of fantasy based on nothing. 

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It is almost admirable . I used to work with one who was about 25 stone and wore the most hilarious combinations of clothes you have ever seen . Brown corduroy jackets with jobby catchers , harlequin rugby top and suede loafers . He thought he was gods gift to women . Heid like a giant coconut and his lunch all over his coupon every day . How can you not admire that level of contentedness ? Hibs fan naturally 

😂. There are two at my work, one just fears the worst all the time and the other just keeps quiet until stuff like the Foley deal comes along and gets madly optimistic in wee short bursts before being brought down to earth. He’s a good guy but if he was the same about the rest of his life as he is about Hibs folk would think he had a mental health issue. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

😂. There are two at my work, one just fears the worst all the time and the other just keeps quiet until stuff like the Foley deal comes along and gets madly optimistic in wee short bursts before being brought down to earth. He’s a good guy but if he was the same about the rest of his life as he is about Hibs folk would think he had a mental health issue. 

This is a theme with a lot of them 

doddsyJR9

Cannot decide if delusional or at the hurry up. They'll be lucky to avoid being beaten by St mirren tomorrow.

If they don’t win tomorrow they could be in soapy bubble. They’ve got St Mirren, Celtic and Aberdeen the next 3 games. They could easily lose all 3. With a team crammed full of loan players who won’t be there next season and couldn’t give a **** if they go down. 

Put it this way, they’re more likely to get relegated then catch us!

Edited by DS98

That thread will be a laugh at full time today :rofl:

Hibs are very, very funny. 

Mad Bad and Dangerous

You can 100% rely on Hibs to cheer you up ......have been doing it for many years now. Thank you Hibernian   😆😆😆😆

Shooter McGavin

Even with being 1-0 down at half time, Hibs still manage to make us feel a bit better.

”All we need to do is win our next 4 games!”

0-3 down after 45 minutes at home 😂

20 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Even with being 1-0 down at half time, Hibs still manage to make us feel a bit better.

”All we need to do is win our next 4 games!”

0-3 down after 45 minutes at home 😂

It's absolutely amazing isn't it?  Everything they do is so amazingly Hibs. 

Screenshot-20240203-162415-Chrome.jpg

Gillsland jack

Hibsed it again....how is that even possible after aw the big bucks getting invested.🤣

Shooter McGavin

Hearts form

WWWDWWWW

22 points out of 24

Hibs form

LWLLDLDL

5 points out of 24

But remember folks, the momentum is with them…

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

vegas-voss

Imagine if Ross County win their game in hand over them.Arse cheeks will really start flapping then.

indianajones

Hows that momentum going Hibs?

Absolute slavering arseholes. 

We better ****ing end these losers at the derby. 

A_A wehatethehibs

I look at them like a deaf, blind old 3 legged dog, had his day, time for the bullet put him down it’s the merciful humane thing to do. Just dissolve Hibs and our great city of Edinburgh has lost nothing of value.

Hearts can kick on and grow, take on the OF. I know we love our derby dominations but it’s over. Hibs are just finished. What’s the point. Getting battered 0-3 at home by Glasgow Airport FC while the Hearts juggernaut rolls on. After desperately trying to delude themselves into some semblance of positivity. It’s over lads. We’ve got new rivals, Spartans, more professional setup and give us a better test 

I will be honest, I find it hilarious when friends or family who support Hibs refuse to wear anything that could be viewed as maroon. 

I have items of clothing that are green, when the Hibbys ask me why, ok say, "why wouldn't I? It's not like you are real rivals" 😂😂

I should pity them, but they're just too funny 

King prawn
21 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Hearts form

WWWDWWWW

22 points out of 24

Hibs form

LWLLDLDL

5 points out of 24

But remember folks, the momentum is with them…

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl:

Boris5115

One poster requesting their mods close the thread 😂😂. On the back of the tremendous result today Toley has pledged to build 4 hotels and fill all four corners taking the capacity to 21000 empty seats. 

Boris5115
2 minutes ago, King prawn said:

a poll for sacking the manager started at full time with 90% sack

More Managers than mad Vlads tenure at Tynecastle.