The Oldest Living Ex-Heart ?

dannymack

Hearts1975

Amazing pictures, yet again.

Never tire of looking at things like this.

70 years gone by ... Not far off a lifetime. 

Just brilliant  ❤️👌

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dannymack

• John Findlay

• cauther col

• Lone Striker

Jambo-Fox
6 hours ago, JTJ said:

Arthur Thomson even kicked Cruickie in the '68 Cup Final, setting up a goal for Pat Gardner in the process.  Eddie Thomson should have played that game instead of Arthur.

Eddie Thomson was a class player … imo not too dissimilar to the style of Craig Levein 

Fort Vallance
2 hours ago, deejtee said:

I thought he was in dispute for an outhouse of his with log burner?

True I believe.

been here before
On 01/02/2024 at 14:48, Hearts Heritage said:

Boston Glegg: Born Sun 29-11-1942

That is a brilliant name :thumb:

132goals1958
11 hours ago, been here before said:

That is a brilliant name :thumb:

Remember Boston Glegg. A small stocky right winger . Around the same time we signed Tommy Henderson from down south .who had been predicted to reach the top. Never really worked out for him but still had a useful career. Funny how names pop into your mind on a thread like this. Anyone recall Brian Marjoribanks the BBC sports presenter who I think scored for us against Hibs

John Findlay
1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

Remember Boston Glegg. A small stocky right winger . Around the same time we signed Tommy Henderson from down south .who had been predicted to reach the top. Never really worked out for him but still had a useful career. Funny how names pop into your mind on a thread like this. Anyone recall Brian Marjoribanks the BBC sports presenter who I think scored for us against Hibs

I remember Brian Marjoribanks(pronounced marshbanks), did the Sportscene report from a game as the likes of dour faced Alistair Dewar.

The White Cockade
On 02/02/2024 at 00:14, Doctor FinnBarr said:

He was a Lithgae man at one point, didn't realise he'd become a seaside Dungdonian.

had a nice shop in South Queensferry for a good few years

bought a nice picture of the Forth Bridge from him we took with us to put on the wall when we moved to Cape Town in 1996

great photographer 

132goals1958
37 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I remember Brian Marjoribanks(pronounced marshbanks), did the Sportscene report from a game as the likes of dour faced Alistair Dewar.

I should have said he scored for hibs against us (Hope I am no going downhill after my 80th a few days back). You're correct Alistair Dewar was about as exciting as a ragman's trumpet but better then Fraser Elder (A Dundee supporter if I recall. He used to report on games blending it with remarks on current events at the time. 

WeeToonJambo
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Brian Marjoribanks, b.22.7.42, gave up football to become an actor.  Still going strong and, until recently at least, was much in demand as an adjudicator at Amateur drama festivals.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, WeeToonJambo said:

Brian Marjoribanks, b.22.7.42, gave up football to become an actor.  Still going strong and, until recently at least, was much in demand as an adjudicator at Amateur drama festivals.

👍

John Findlay
2 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

I should have said he scored for hibs against us (Hope I am no going downhill after my 80th a few days back). You're correct Alistair Dewar was about as exciting as a ragman's trumpet but better then Fraser Elder (A Dundee supporter if I recall. He used to report on games blending it with remarks on current events at the time. 

It was close as to who was the more between those two.