*** official Dundee V Heart Of Midlothian ***

Selkirkhmfc1874

gar jambo
3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Peter Grant looking more and more like Barry Manilow.

Yes looking Daniel O’Donnell type very Feminine 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• King prawn

• feej

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

I heard VAR WERE calling him over for a review...then they received an email.

Brilliant 🤣🤣🤣

The Goalscoring Knee
34 minutes ago, TynecastleBC5 said:

Some fans are never happy 😂 This is one of the best runs of form ive seen as a hearts fan, long may it continue. Lets enjoy it ♥️🙌

Amen to that. I think its the best run we've been on since the heady days of 2005-06 (first championship season aside). Long may it continue!

PortyBeach
47 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

💯 and I’m more than glad that I’m being pulled up on it. Chuffed to bits with our result today, absolutely buzzing! Slanj pal 🍻

A good day for all Jambos. You enjoy your weekend too, mate 👍🥃

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, Coco said:

Craig Gordon if fit maybe gets a hand to both goals again?

Very harsh to make the change but he's a better goalkeeper!

yep 

tiger Rudi
2 hours ago, Jambo61 said:

Great result......not the best performance. Our right back is always told to tuck in, but Lembi was often out of position and not always trying to get back, that means Sibbick looks even worse as he's having to cover from the middle! There were a few other times I felt Lembi was out of position close to Sibbick i.e. wrong side. To me he looks good attacking but a liability defending so far!

To be fair those observations regarding Lembi were known before we signed him. I get why we needed cover for Atty, and Lembi looks great going forward, but who is going to play RB when the OF are pinning us back in our own half most of a game? 

I really hope we sort this in the summer and bring in an out & out defender comfortable in that area. Better teams will target the RB area, as Rangers did in the semi final. We haven't replaced Smith yet, I think we need to. 

Wee Mikey
3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

We win ugly :jjyay:

If that's an ugly win then I totally cannae wait for our beautiful ones.

We need an away mascot.

Screenshot_20240203_205115_Google.jpg

Multiple balls on the pitch was a funny moment. 🤣

Remarkable how quickly time-waster Carson can restart play when his team are not ahead . 

Dallas Green

Really glad Naismith has got that spirit running through the team. Keep going til the very end!

Pans Jambo
25 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

If that's an ugly win then I totally cannae wait for our beautiful ones.

We need an away mascot.

Screenshot_20240203_205115_Google.jpg

Wasny bonny but hey, im there with the tres pois!

jamboinglasgow
49 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

2-1 down until Tait comes on, just sayin’ 😂👌🏼

This will jynx it but Tait has had 5 competitive games for Hearts in his career, Hearts have won every game.

Massive result, Dens park is a tough ground for us and Dundee are looking really good this season. If we came away with a point then I would have been happy, but two come back from behind twice to win, after doing that against Dundee a week and a half ago is big. 

I did think despite losing a goal I thought we were decent first half, and it was just poor defending in one incident that cost us.

Armageddon

Looking forward to seeing Fraser, looks experienced, Tait’s unbelievable energy, and if Vargas could just chill out with the pace on his through balls to Shanks then things will really tip along perfectly.

1 hour ago, Coco said:

Craig Gordon if fit maybe gets a hand to both goals again?

Very harsh to make the change but he's a better goalkeeper!

Aye, he would have saved every goal we've conceded this season.

Wee Mikey
6 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

Aye, he would have saved every goal we've conceded this season.

Except the one away v Spartans. 🤭

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, scottg71 said:

Just home. Great comeback again. Loved Shanks Rudi style celebration. Assume that was deliberate after overtaking his goals haul 

We were sitting towards the left of our support and Shanks was getting chants of, "You fat bas*ard" to which he responded by giving them that flexing the muscles gym stance.

Hence, on scoring the winner he defo ran in that direction pointing to his back so as to give it the big GIRFUY to Dundee's South East Ultras.

Should Dundee make top 6 then hopefully Shanks can silence them (yet) again.

23 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

If VAR was used he wouldn't have needed to save it.

25 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

We were sitting towards the left of our support and Shanks was getting chants of, "You fat bas*ard" to which he responded by giving them that flexing the muscles gym stance.

Hence, on scoring the winner he defo ran in that direction pointing to his back so as to give it the big GIRFUY to Dundee's South East Ultras.

Yeah that’s roughly where I was standing as well. Maybe coincidence but like when he did Robbo’s celebration when he hit 20 at Easter Rd, I just wondered if that was a nod to Rudi now he’s hit 49 to Rudi’s 48 🤷‍♂️

Very enjoyable none the less

indianajones

I ****ing hate them but have to repeat the fact again that Dundee are a very good team. Well drilled and have some very good players. 

This result was massive today. Very tricky game that Hearts of previous years would've crumbled in. 

2 hours ago, gar jambo said:

Yes looking Daniel O’Donnell type very Feminine 

Peter Grant is more like a Femi wipe. A used one. One that was used at the back door. So to speak.

Edited by Mister T

2 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

To be fair those observations regarding Lembi were known before we signed him. I get why we needed cover for Atty, and Lembi looks great going forward, but who is going to play RB when the OF are pinning us back in our own half most of a game? 

I really hope we sort this in the summer and bring in an out & out defender comfortable in that area. Better teams will target the RB area, as Rangers did in the semi final. We haven't replaced Smith yet, I think we need to. 

We’ll play 5-4-1 against OF. 

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

I do love Shanks' shithousery. A very underrated aspect of his game. 

tiger Rudi
21 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

We’ll play 5-4-1 against OF. 

Yep, with a RWB that can't defend. Being a bit unfair to Atty who has improved as a defender I know. I still think we should be looking for a RB in the summer. The squad needs one. 

2 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Yep, with a RWB that can't defend. Being a bit unfair to Atty who has improved as a defender I know. I still think we should be looking for a RB in the summer. The squad needs one. 

The scouting report was Dexter was a ropey defender but good going forward. 

He’s been excellent so far, want to see more evidence before I comment on bis defending. 

We of course will be looking for another RB/RWB in the summer. 

Bongo 1874
6 hours ago, chazza74 said:

Anyone who knows anything about football knows he was shocking today , the guy needs to go on loan or a move as he needs to rebuild his confidence, 

Ohh i know my Football,have a look on this site who was telling everyone give him time,what he is trying to achieve, our identity under Naismith,and i took stick for it.

But I wouldn't have it any other way.

FarmerTweedy
8 hours ago, Paolo said:

That, for me, is the most significant result of the season.  Not just in the manner we got it, coming from behind twice, but what it means, especially with other results.  Third was pretty much secured, I think it is now.  Despite the desperation from the press, Rangers did not bid for Shankland, but he has secured us more money than they would have offered, if they did. 

I won't say 3rd is done until it's mathematically impossible for anyone to catch us, but today's results have taken us another big step closer to that point. If we can keep up something even close to current form, we have a great chance of getting to that point before the split. 

4 hours ago, SecN said:

Multiple balls on the pitch was a funny moment. 🤣

Remarkable how quickly time-waster Carson can restart play when his team are not ahead . 

That was funny that.   Good redistribution!   Reminded me of the new tennis advert. 

manaliveits105

Ayr fans called Shankland and Forrest the Royal Ayr Force when they played together at Ayr when younger nice to see them both flying again 

Edited by manaliveits105

6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Ohh i know my Football,have a look on this site who was telling everyone give him time,what he is trying to achieve, our identity under Naismith,and i took stick for it.

But I wouldn't have it any other way.

I’ll give you that  mate,  I was one who didn’t think Naismith was the right guy  but sibbick is regressing and is a liability he’s had more than enough chances .

Aussie Jambo
5 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Ayr fans called Shankland and Forrest the Royal Ayr Force when they played together at Ayr when younger nice to see them both flying again 

Definitely a couple of spitfires. 
wkagIy.gif

Disser Pointon
11 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

Whilst I don't totally disagree, I don't think the old firm will offer much more of a sterner test than he had against Beck today, that lad is a terrific player and Dundee are very fortunate to have him.

Edited by Disser Pointon

RedStarRiot
9 hours ago, indianajones said:

I ****ing hate them but have to repeat the fact again that Dundee are a very good team. Well drilled and have some very good players. 

This result was massive today. Very tricky game that Hearts of previous years would've crumbled in. 

Agreed. 

If they can hold onto their better players then they might challenge for 3rd next season. 

Hopefully another administration before that. I hate Dundee, them and Airdrie can die. 

pettigrewsstylist
59 minutes ago, Disser Pointon said:

Whilst I don't totally disagree, I don't think the old firm will offer much more of a sterner test than he had against Beck today, that lad is a terrific player and Dundee are very fortunate to have him.

He wont have harder game than that stamina wise. Some tempo yesterday. I think he was feeling it later in 2nd half.

Go for it 1308
16 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

You realise I was defending Shanks?

Apologies...I thought you were having a go at him😬

Go for it 1308
9 hours ago, Craig_ said:

I do love Shanks' shithousery. A very underrated aspect of his game. 

Deliberately bumping into the Dundee player (who shat it) after his pen was class

default_smugqq (1).png

tartofmidlothian
12 hours ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Amen to that. I think its the best run we've been on since the heady days of 2005-06 (first championship season aside). Long may it continue!

Not quite, JJ's in 2010/11 was better, so far at least. 

Tynecastle Valhalla

Dundee have some good players. Their left back beck was outstanding !

but goals win games and we have Shankland 

1 hour ago, Tynecastle Valhalla said:

Dundee have some good players. Their left back beck was outstanding !

but goals win games and we have Shankland 

I think the coach is a massive part of that - Tony Docherty seems like a very good manager, and it will (hopefully) be difficult for Dundee to hold onto him. 

Beck is an annoyingly good player :lol: they found a brilliant player there, fair play to them. He'll be on loan in the Championship next season because you can see he's a step up (several actually) from the rest of the Dundee team. 

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, RedStarRiot said:

Agreed. 

If they can hold onto their better players then they might challenge for 3rd next season. 

Hopefully another administration before that. I hate Dundee, them and Airdrie can die. 

Airdrie already did die.  Clydebank play at their stadium now. 

maroonsgotop

People having a go at Sibbick yesterday when others were much poorer. He was on the right side of the 2 centre half's. Dexter to his right had an absolute shocker throughout, as did Grant and Oda on the right further forward so he was up against it big time and he did fine overall. He was certainly much better than the afore mentioned other 3 players.

maroonsgotop
19 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Beck is some player..... 👏 

certainly is. he would be a very good replacement for Cochrane if he moves on

Harry Potter

Obviously happy we got the penalty, but whats the ruling regarding handball, defender had no chance of avoiding the ball.

Edited by Harry Potter

Chillidigits
44 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

certainly is. he would be a very good replacement for Cochrane if he moves on

If you're Beck you might be thinking would'nt mind being a part of this Hearts team. Alevel up from where I am and virtually certain to test myself against european teams. Come to think of it that goes for McCowan and Cameron too.

PapaShango
14 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

If you're Beck you might be thinking would'nt mind being a part of this Hearts team. Alevel up from where I am and virtually certain to test myself against european teams. Come to think of it that goes for McCowan and Cameron too.

I have the feeling Beck is going to go onto a bigger team than Hearts, he is a cracking player. Celtic sniffing around him as well but he might look at Bradley who has broken into the Liverpool side and think he can do the same. Bradley had a loan spell in the English Championship and Beck may do the same next season. No chance Dundee hold onto him, only reason he came back was due him playing for Liverpool and he couldn't play anywhere else other than at Dundee (or Liverpool). 

The Real Maroonblood
33 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Obviously happy we got the penalty, but whats the ruling regarding handball, defender had no chance of avoiding the ball.

Not exactly sure but it’s becoming a farce.

16 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

True, we could have had both keepers playing and they wouldn't have saved that one.

Edited by cazzyy

1 hour ago, maroonsgotop said:

People having a go at Sibbick yesterday when others were much poorer. He was on the right side of the 2 centre half's. Dexter to his right had an absolute shocker throughout, as did Grant and Oda on the right further forward so he was up against it big time and he did fine overall. He was certainly much better than the afore mentioned other 3 players.

He cost us 1 goal and nearly cost us another 2, bar a great save form Zander and the lack of a Dee player gambling at the back stick.

You just can't be backing off to that degree consistently. You simply have to go and engage the attacker much earlier.

He is far to ponderous when a player runs at him .

Just watched the Sportscene highlights.

Craig Gordon 100% saves the first Dundee goal. 50% saves the second.

I like Zander. But just saying.

maroonsgotop
1 hour ago, ramrod said:

He cost us 1 goal and nearly cost us another 2, bar a great save form Zander and the lack of a Dee player gambling at the back stick.

You just can't be backing off to that degree consistently. You simply have to go and engage the attacker much earlier.

He is far to ponderous when a player runs at him .

yes he backed off at the second goal but it was Oda who lost possession and they counter attacked with the defence left exposed