*** official Dundee V Heart Of Midlothian ***

Selkirkhmfc1874

Great result...Well done Hearts. Have we at last got the grit and determination to dig out results away from home. Hats of to SN and the management team , I love the never say die attitude. Long may it continue...HHGH !!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• King prawn

• feej

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DesertDawg
30 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Incredible from Shankland. Was definitely a penalty too.

This is nonsense.....the referee, who generally had a good game, saw the clear handball from his good position behind Shankland so immediately blew for a penalty.  The compulsory VAR check was made with the reviewer agreeing with the ref.  No reason then for a pitch side review which would have been an attempt to second guess the officials by themselves and take more time to reach a decision.

"Dundee were unhappy at referee Graham Grainger's decision to award a penalty against Ashcroft - and even more irked by VAR's failure to overturn the decision. "I’d love to come in after a game and talk about how good my team are but every week for the last five weeks we talk about decisions," said manager Tony Docherty. 

“I don’t know what handball is. I said earlier on in the season, I spoke to big Ash there who is the most honest boy ever. What are you meant to do? Cut off a body part? When you are a yard away from a player and it hits you. It’s such a pivotal stage of the game. We’ve gone from 1-1 to score a wonderful, well-constructed goal to go 2-1 up and we were comfortable. “Hearts are a really good side with a top striker, but I thought we were handling it well. That moment in the game changes everything."

Docherty could not understand why a review of the incident by Grainger on a touchline monitor was not advised. "That’s my issue with it. I spoke to Ash and he’s the same. Why does he go and check it? I don’t understand?

“He said ‘if I’d seen it again...’ Well, why didn’t you go and see it again? We’ve invested in a piece of apparatus that you can check 100 per cent yet they don’t do that. Why, when it’s such an important part of the game and pivotal towards the end result?"

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Yes the same manager that makes the same mistakes game after game. If it wasn't for Shanks we would be bottom six.

If it wasn't for Messi Argentina wouldn't be world champions, have a word ya dafty 😄

1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

Form table - last 6:

image.thumb.png.c0700f6440e1fe51c1302fad79eef751.png

Thought Hibs were the green team. Can’t see any green in their row 😏

Captain Sausage
59 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Quite a few “BUT…… BUT…….. BUT” kinda posts appearing.

Arseholes, Roasters, Craig Gibsons.

Get it roond ya throbbers 👌🏼😂👌🏼

Sorry, I forgot no critical thinking allowed. Suits you well. 

Jambo in Bathgate
12 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

This is nonsense.....the referee, who generally had a good game, saw the clear handball from his good position behind Shankland so immediately blew for a penalty.  The compulsory VAR check was made with the reviewer agreeing with the ref.  No reason then for a pitch side review which would have been an attempt to second guess the officials by themselves and take more time to reach a decision.

"Dundee were unhappy at referee Graham Grainger's decision to award a penalty against Ashcroft - and even more irked by VAR's failure to overturn the decision. "I’d love to come in after a game and talk about how good my team are but every week for the last five weeks we talk about decisions," said manager Tony Docherty. 

“I don’t know what handball is. I said earlier on in the season, I spoke to big Ash there who is the most honest boy ever. What are you meant to do? Cut off a body part? When you are a yard away from a player and it hits you. It’s such a pivotal stage of the game. We’ve gone from 1-1 to score a wonderful, well-constructed goal to go 2-1 up and we were comfortable. “Hearts are a really good side with a top striker, but I thought we were handling it well. That moment in the game changes everything."

Docherty could not understand why a review of the incident by Grainger on a touchline monitor was not advised. "That’s my issue with it. I spoke to Ash and he’s the same. Why does he go and check it? I don’t understand?

“He said ‘if I’d seen it again...’ Well, why didn’t you go and see it again? We’ve invested in a piece of apparatus that you can check 100 per cent yet they don’t do that. Why, when it’s such an important part of the game and pivotal towards the end result?"

He was still arguing with the ref and assistants after the match. Total needy soul. To paraphrase Robbo  ‘It’s never over until the fat striker scored’ 🤣🤣🤣

pettigrewsstylist
13 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

I heard VAR WERE calling him over for a review...then they received an email.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Thought Hibs were the green team. Can’t see any green in their row 😏

6 games no Green 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Jambo in Bathgate
12 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

If it wasn't for Messi Argentina wouldn't be world champions, have a word ya dafty 😄

Excellent! 

The Merse
9 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Form table - last 6:

image.thumb.png.c0700f6440e1fe51c1302fad79eef751.png

Even more impressive is that it’d look similar over the last 10/11 games, I think we’d be matching Celtic!

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Why does that happen?

Because he's not been good enough to oust team mates unless they're absent/cannot play. As soon as they are available, they'll get back in. He's a utility player for us. Adaptable, with some very good qualities. I like him, but unlike Forrest for example, he's not played himself into becoming a first pick or at least first choice sub to mix things up. Peter Haring is in the same situation now. If either of them had 2/3 outstanding games when picked, they'd be selected.

No Idle Talk

So happy with that result. Especially after being behind twice. At 2-1 down I was like 'I hate being right sometimes'. To come back and win 2-3 is fantastic. This team has so much grit and will to win. I love to see that from a Hearts team. 

Football teams often reflect the personality of their manager. That's what we are right now. Steven Naismith was  trier and a guy who got stuck in and never gave up. Our team is showing those same qualities in spades. I like it. 

Edited by No Idle Talk

BehindYou

Win away from home again and some people still want to moan and single out individual players. 

sas sounds like a disgruntled hibs fan - not a good look

HHGH

Fantastic win but people praising SN need a word. Was beginning to think he had it sorted but his starting team and tactics leaves a lot to be desired. Can't get the ball moving forward until going behind or after the first half. Never seem to get stuck in from KO. What he seeing in Oda I just can't fathom.

Just think this time last year our arses would have collapsed, and we would have lost that game. SN seems the kinda guy that takes no shit, yes we started slow again!!....but we dug out a result, give the manager and the team a bit of credit for that. Tonight is a good night just enjoy the fact that we have stretched our lead for 3rd....HHGH!!.

10 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

So happy with that result. Especially after being behind twice. At 2-1 down I was like 'I hate being right sometimes'. To come back and win 2-3 is fantastic. This team has so much grit and will to win. I love to see that from a Hearts team. 

Football teams often reflect the personality of their manager. That's what we are right now. Steven Naismith was  trier and a guy who got stuck in and never gave up. Our team is showing those same qualities in spades. I like it. 

Spot on. We will have off days and lose, however the effort we are putting into games is light years from what I saw last season. HHGH!!. 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Very,we are trying to play Attacking Football we are going to concede Goals.

For some they can't seem to grasp that part.

You are so far off the mark the lion share of the time, a true WuM in every sense...Sibbick is a good lad, and maybe has lungs on him to work hard for the team in the right position, but he is the furthest thing from being a competent defender as you can get...its painful watching him in a Hearts strip as part of our back line....hopefully he moves on in the summer and you reduce your posts that are simply trolling this forum... 👍 

29 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

We're on one of our best runs in probably 15 years and he's not happy 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Fantastic win but people praising SN need a word. Was beginning to think he had it sorted but his starting team and tactics leaves a lot to be desired. Can't get the ball moving forward until going behind or after the first half. Never seem to get stuck in from KO. What he seeing in Oda I just can't fathom.

We have not lost a game since 6th of December pal and we are 12 points clear in 3rd, give credit where it’s due and stop being so bitter. 

Enjoy the win 👍

jambo mark

Today just proves that shankland is worth more to us than a derisory figure from anyone!

Loved it. What a team! Fans were magnificent again and the manager certainly has us competing in a completely different manner.

Team being the most important aspect now at Hearts, for far to long we've waited on individuals picking up the baton and getting us into games.

We played for each other again today and never did I feel we wouldn't get something from the game despite Dundee again showing up well and causing us some real danger especially down their left hand side. 

Exciting times for us lids, there's even more to come! 

Oh and Shanks, yer a fuxking marvel bro!

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

can only applaud Wanksmith for the way he’s frauding through this season 👏

In 31 pages of shite posts, this one still stands out.

Seriously, why do you bother? 

Yes the same manager that makes the same mistakes game after game. If it wasn't for Shanks we would be bottom six.

You need help. 

ming the merciless
2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Wow! Spectacular take. 

JudyJudyJudy

Splendid day away today to watch the mighty HMFC . The stats are brilliant and we should be rejoicing and enjoy this purple patch . Why aren’t some ? Seriously 😟 anyway like I said , great day , great result . I honestly can’t remember when hearts came back from a goal deficit !! Oh wait ! Have a good night , slippers , lasagna and telly for rest of night 

Jamstomorrow
46 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

And that Mr Docherty, is why it was a penalty!

kingantti1874

SAS lost the plot again I see. On course to wrap up third in February and one of our best away records in decades,  and still moaning.  

if it wasn’t for shanks though 🤣.  Where would Aberdeen be without Miovski, or Celtic without furuhashi, or Dundee without beck, or the huns without lundstram or hibs without 🤔 

mate - your absolutely clueless. You’ve no ****ing idea what a good manager is. 

Jambof3tornado

Beni and Oda terrible 1st half,Beni slowed every single move down.

Much better showing 2nd half.

Atmosphere throughout was very good!! Well done!!

PortyBeach
1 hour ago, ShedBoy said:

🤣

Take it easy mate - you did invite the comment after all…

Mikey1874
11 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

And that Mr Docherty, is why it was a penalty!

Also that is very disrespectful to the VAR official who is also a full time referee. Clear penalty. Docherty would have been screaming for it for Dundee.

Mikey1874
11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

SAS lost the plot again I see. On course to wrap up third in February and one of our best away records in decades,  and still moaning.  

if it wasn’t for shanks though 🤣.  Where would Aberdeen be without Miovski, or Celtic without furuhashi, or Dundee without beck, or the huns without lundstram or hibs without 🤔 

mate - your absolutely clueless. You’ve no ****ing idea what a good manager is. 

Guy is quite funny tbf.

Over the last few years , we would have not won that *ame after going behind . Great win, with Hibs doing their best to close the gap as well 😂

This is My Story Podcast

This must be the 12 point swing .net is talking about……

IMG_7154.jpeg

8 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Take it easy mate - you did invite the comment after all…

💯 and I’m more than glad that I’m being pulled up on it. Chuffed to bits with our result today, absolutely buzzing! Slanj pal 🍻

Wee Mikey
3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Bearing them 3-2 again would be a bit fabby.

Only just back and, yes, that was indeed a bit fab if, yet again, being somewhat stressful. Certainly a better journey home than last time.

I never bet. But, for those who do? Did anyone put a ½ time bet on Hearts scoring 3 2nd half goals against the same team to win 3-2 & now 2-3?

What would the odds have been?

Anyhoo, that's a fine day's results and surely puts us beyond getting caught.

It was never a 'must win' in the normal sense, but for me it was a potentially pivotal fixture and it's truly gob-smacking how resourceful we've been as regards playing to the death.

❤️❤️G❤️

The White Cockade

two great fight backs against them

thought we played better today than the home game and the grit and mentality to  get wins after being behind is tremendous 

and we are not even on top form!

two poor goals to concede thought but i have been surprised by how good Dundee are now 

they have some really good quality players and if they keep on like this could end up fourth 

we can’t get complacent though and need to keep picking up points 

thought wee Forest was man of the match today but thank **** we still have Shanks

best striker in the league bar none

What a great result. There is a lot of improvement to do but this team has acquired a winning habit. Need to somehow keep Shankland.

1 hour ago, DesertDawg said:

“I don’t know what handball is. I said earlier on in the season, I spoke to big Ash there who is the most honest boy ever.

Well, that's me convinced.

**** off Docherty, ya moaning faced loser of a prick. 😁

TynecastleBC5
28 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

In 31 pages of shite posts, this one still stands out.

Seriously, why do you bother? 

3 options:

W - He is a troll.

Deluded - He somehow expects us to win every game 3-0

Insecure - He has a fascination with people who are doing better than he is

For the time being, Naismith has proved the doubters wrong and his tactics are working. The players seem to be fighting for each other.

We need to address the losing goals from 20-30 minutes. I think we would all agree on that. But the fact is we are scoring alot of goals. As long as you are outscoring the opposition, you will win games, as most people of sound mind can see.

The hardest thing in football is to put the ball in the net and create chances.

If we can sort communication and tighten up at the back we could step up from being a good team to a great team.

Some fans are never happy 😂 This is one of the best runs of form ive seen as a hearts fan, long may it continue. Lets enjoy it ♥️🙌

11 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

This must be the 12 point swing .net is talking about……

IMG_7154.jpeg

😂😂😂👏

Just home. Great comeback again. Loved Shanks Rudi style celebration. Assume that was deliberate after overtaking his goals haul 

Mikey1874

Again it's a definite penalty. Similar to the Aberdeen one. 

Good slo mo angle from Sportscene. Arm outstretched away from body. 

Edited by Mikey1874

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Again it's a definite penalty. Similar to the Aberdeen one. 

Good slo mo angle from Sportscene. Arm outstretched away from body. 

Agreed. Also a shot on goal blocked by a hand not a cross/pass etc

Craig Gordon if fit maybe gets a hand to both goals again?

Very harsh to make the change but he's a better goalkeeper!