Leanne Crichton (not dead)

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

excellent pundit

doesnt feel the need to spew-out loads of tactical gobbledegook to try to convince people that she knows what she’s talking about (unlike that other ladies.  :words:) - just says appropriate things at appropriate times

happy to debate and disagree with the men experts like Tom English and Willie miller - just calls a spade a spade and doesn’t appear to be trying to be controversial or pushing a wider point

says things that could make her unpopular with some people within the game - again doesn’t appear to be trying to be deliberately provocative just saying it as she sees it (and I often agree)

there on merit

well done hen          :welldone:

Edited by MoncurMacdonaldMercer

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benny Klack

• MoncurMacdonaldMercer

• RustyRightPeg

• indianajones

Top Posters In This Topic

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
Just now, No Idle Talk said:

She thinks Lawrence Shankland isn't worth £5million.

yeah I don’t agree with everything she says :(

August Landmesser

She clearly does her research before any game she's a pundit on, total contrast to the doddery slavering Willie Miller and Pat Bonnet. Her and Tom English, and Rory Loy to a lesser extent, the best pundits on BBC 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 minute ago, August Landmesser said:

She clearly does her research before any game she's a pundit on, total contrast to the doddery slavering Willie Miller and Pat Bonnet. Her and Tom English, and Rory Loy to a lesser extent, the best pundits on BBC 

yup Rory loy has been a good addition too

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
16 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Is she a hun?

I think she might be Celtic 😡

colinmorewasgash

Weegie twang played for sellick hibs glesca city now at well always think she doesn't like us always puts us down looks like princes anne  with amy winehouse combo. Mind you compared to chico I thought he was going to retire about 10 years ago, paddy, wullie aberrdeeeen miller simon donnelly and goggleyes sutherland shes a genius.

manaliveits105
6 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Has she ever down valued any smeltic players ? 

RedStarRiot

She has such a mono tone voice. 

I personally don’t think she adds much and she seemed delighted when they scored against us at the weekend. I actually think you hear her laugh a bit. Whilst giant killing should be exciting for the neutral and home fans the commentators can generate this without coming across as biased. 

9 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

She has such a mono tone voice. 

I personally don’t think she adds much and she seemed delighted when they scored against us at the weekend. I actually think you hear her laugh a bit. Whilst giant killing should be exciting for the neutral and home fans the commentators can generate this without coming across as biased. 

Her and the main commentator on Saturday were desperate for Hearts to fail. Wetting themselves about extra time then up popped Frankie 🙂

RedStarRiot
3 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Her and the main commentator on Saturday were desperate for Hearts to fail. Wetting themselves about extra time then up popped Frankie 🙂

Fact. 

Throughout the whole thing they were poor. They don’t add any excitement to it or any interesting insight. I prefer the co commentator to have played at a high level to give those insights. You see that quite often with Sky Sports and TNT. 

1971fozzy

Excellent is a tad pushing it. She’s the best out all the other Scottish women pundits for me by quite a distance. And obviously better than the likes of Willie miller and Bonner,

but there’s that Celtic side to her which is so off-putting 

Edited by 1971fozzy

Benny Klack

I don’t mind her generally but found her pretty annoying on Saturday - although that was probably cos I was frustrated at how the game was going 😝

iantjambo

She was desperate for us to lose on Saturday. Her knickers would’ve been wringing when Spartans scored.

She can gtf, along with the rest of them.

Daveandal

She has a problem with Hearts. She was the pundit for the first game of the season against St Johnstone and was furious we'd scored. Making stuff up about why it should be disallowed. Offside/Handball.

But yes she is miles ahead of Willie Miller and Pat Boner. 

Boner clearly never does any research for any game.

PapaShango

She’s better than a lot of them on the BBC like Biscuits, Bonner and Willie Miller.

BBC coverage is amateur hour, only Tom English is worth listening to. 

PapaShango
8 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

She has a problem with Hearts. She was the pundit for the first game of the season against St Johnstone and was furious we'd scored. Making stuff up about why it should be disallowed. Offside/Handball.

Only ever covers Celtic and even then has no clue about the opposition.

By The Light..

I think she's mono-tone and boring.

Appears we need female commentary on everything nowadays, I get that 50% of the population is female but none of the females in my family (or any other I know) could give a flying and only ask the score to chat and see how I am.

Hearts_fan

She’s very good, does her research, but like other pundits she needs to avoid turning questions into lectures.

I switched off after about two minutes of her asking a question the other day. Totally ridiculous, covering every subject and possible answer herself in her question, leaving the interviewee sitting there nodding waiting for a chance to speak. Absurd.

Hearts_fan

On reflection, I’ve probably conflated two different professional roles Leanne has, punditry and interviewing, so apologies to her for the generalisation. Crichton as a pundit, I have no negative remarks, she is excellent and informed. It’s just the interview style that irritated me a couple of times, and that is a common of gripe of mine against others too.

Edited by Hearts_fan

Another west coast mouth piece. Less than £3m she originally said Shankland was worth. 

Liam McCloed (is that his name), torture, could literally use his commentary in prisoner if war camps to drive the prisoners crazy. 

Edited by EH11 2NL

8 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Cammy Bell is not too bad on Sportscene 

AlphonseCapone
8 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Is she a hun?

Why would you care?

Japan Jambo
48 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

This. The dross that she works with elevates her, absolutely hates us.

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg

Kept on going on about Shankland on Saturday. Maybe mentioned him 4/5 times. Was quite annoying. 

LarrysRightFoot

I think she is an absolutely awful pundit. One thing that springs to mind was after a Scotland defeat her suggesting Clarke’s time may be up and criticising him for mentioning a player missed a good chance in his post match interview. She’s also another one who seems to have it in for us imo. 

CostaJambo
1 hour ago, Benny Klack said:

I don’t mind her generally but found her pretty annoying on Saturday - although that was probably cos I was frustrated at how the game was going 😝

Also thought she was quite annoying on Saturday. Might have just been her accent but I felt she went on and on and on every time she spoke.

Every single person who wasn't a Hearts supporter would have cheered when Spartans scored. so that means they all hate us?

Some people are delicate.

FWIW I think she is one of the better pundits/summarisers. Listen to Kevin Thompson if you need something to compare her with!

Edited by Serge

jambo mark
1 minute ago, Serge said:

Every single person who wasn't a Hearts supporter would have cheered when Spartans scored. so that means they all hate us?

No, but when you are being paid to be an impartial commentator, pishing your frillies at a Spartans equaliser isn’t really cricket? 

Japan Jambo
2 minutes ago, Serge said:

FWIW I think she is one of the better pundits/summarisers. Listen to Kevin Thompson if you need something to compare her with!

or they have heard her on numerous occasions run us down? Saturday wasn't her first rodeo in that regard.

ScandinavianJambo

The amount of paranoia on here is staggering. She can be s bit monotone, but clearly knows hers stats and the game. On Sat she pointed out, more then once, that Hearts dominated...but needed creativity up front (which is what we all said). That they perhaps wanted an upset isn't too surprising, so would most who were not invested in the big team. 

West coast bias is a thing, all but Tom English has it.

Lastly, comments on her looks and questioning woman commentator need just makes this forum look sh***ty. Thanks for that.

She can barely conceal her glee at anything that goes against Hearts, hardly big news, hey! Lots of folks have a dislike for Hearts, no problems here. But, she is paid to be impartial and it’s her obvious dislike for all things Jambo that is letting her down, otherwise she would be a good pundit.

I like her, can't say I've ever noticed her being "anti hearts". Anyone minus us would have been buzzing after that Spartans goal, it was a phenomenal strike and genuinely fairytale stuff for them to score against us with so many Jambos in their side

Dallas Green

Might be wrong but she comes across like she absolutely hates us.

I'm also sure she mentioned Grant being a weekly starter for us during that Spartans game. Not great research there.

She is better, as stated above, than most of the dinosaurs the BBC hire though.

Benny Klack

Ha ha some people on here are incredibly precious 😂

Good luck in the real world folks.

Edited by Benny Klack

Benny Klack
1 hour ago, By The Light.. said:

I think she's mono-tone and boring.

Appears we need female commentary on everything nowadays, I get that 50% of the population is female but none of the females in my family (or any other I know) could give a flying and only ask the score to chat and see how I am.

Hi Joey - hope you’re well. 

9 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Also thinks Miovski is better than Shankland 

9 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

I agree, To Hearts he's worth closer to 6 million. 

The Old Tolbooth

She absolutely bores me to death, her mono toned voice is seriously grim to listen to! Plus she’s Celtic through and through and can GTF for me, she doesn’t like us one bit! 

Benny Klack
38 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Also thinks Miovski is better than Shankland 

Game is all about opinions but I know who I’d rather have.

And it’s no Miovski.