Dexter Lembikisa

Scott980612

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Reminds me of Tent Alexander-Arnold. For our level, that is.

You reckon he's a real marquee signing? 

😉

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tartofmidlothian

• OTT

• Thomaso

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, Dano307 said:

To the tune of La Bamba...

La La La Lembikisa! La La La Lembikisa! Plays for Jamaica and loves the Gorgie!

LEM-BI-KISA! LEM-BI-KISA! LEM-BI-KISA!

🕺👀

It has to be! Good one 🕺🇱🇻💃

1 hour ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

He looked exhausted towards the end which meant he struggled to get back when defending. But if that’s the downside of having a genuinely exciting, attacking full back, then I will take it.

Not meaning this in a nitpicky way, but wingback. not fullback. 

Like that was the sort of performance we've needed to see down our right side for ages. Playing this variation of a back 3 with wingbacks means we need to demand width from our wingbacks otherwise we struggle. I think Dexter did that in spades, and its very much been the sort of performance we've needed all season. 

The reason I'm noting the difference is because its different duties. What Dexter appears to be able to do in attack vs Michael Smith is night and day. The role of a wingback is much more attack focused and could very well be the key to delivering the attacking football we've been promised. 

Massively encouraged by what we've seen and hopefully he's delivering stats which Savage and co can go away and find am acceptable replacement in. Love him/hate him, I don't think Atkinson is that guy. Dexter was applying massive pressure down that right side through how direct and aggressive he was that I've not seen Atkinson deliver.

This looks like smart recruitment and actually filling a square hole with a square peg. 

Gorgiewave

Deservedly man of the match. Straight in as our best winger on current form.

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, OTT said:

Without nitpicking, he played fullback for the whole 2nd half!   And wingback first half. 

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Deservedly man of the match. Straight in as our best winger on current form.

Don't know if he is or not but definitely looks like a converted winger to fullback / wingback.  

Let's be honest, he sold the jerseys for their second goal, but more than made up for it. 

For a right back to get their first goal for the club after 2 games, he's doing a cracking job!  He's looked so exciting in those games, no idea what our chances of keeping him are but let's just enjoy having someone like him in the team! 

The laddie is 20 years old. That's the level of player I want to.see coming through our academy.

Macauley Tait looked excellent tonight but, like Dexter, they are both young guys who will blow hot and cold. 

I just hope Dexter doesn't get crucified when he has an off day. He's shown what he can do, so as a support we should support and encourage him.

Same goes for Tait. He looked like an experienced central midfielder in that second half, he ran the show. He's shown what he can do, and as he gains experience he will become a top player, but he needs support and encouragement. 

Edited by DG_HMFC

2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Let's be honest, he sold the jerseys for their second goal, but more than made up for it. 

For a right back to get their first goal for the club after 2 games, he's doing a cracking job!  He's looked so exciting in those games, no idea what our chances of keeping him are but let's just enjoy having someone like him in the team! 

To be fair the pass from Cochrane, I think it was, wasn't great.

1 minute ago, Hansel said:

Nah, it wasn't a good pass. Although his touch is non existent, I'm not putting the blame fully on Dexter, there were defenders behind him which just totally failed to deal with it.

Game won, and he scored to make up for it though! :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Nah, it wasn't a good pass. Although his touch is non existent, I'm not putting the blame fully on Dexter, there were defenders behind him which just totally failed to deal with it.

Game won, and he scored to make up for it though! :thumbsup:

👍

Conditions maybe played a part too. 

Roxy Hearts
2 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Shankland is that man. Just have to get their timing down. 

Exactly! Said that to my mate in the pub tonight. Shankland further forward then boom with those crosses.

tartofmidlothian
5 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

You reckon he's a real marquee signing? 

😉

:lol:

I'm just canvassing opinions.

No Idle Talk
9 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

:lol:

I'm just canvassing opinions.

Was that a tent-ative prediction? 

7 hours ago, Squirt said:

Beats the first man with his cross almost every time.

Almost couldn’t believe my eyes. 

Kingsley in the other side the total opposite. 

I'm sure it will come in time but support arriving into the box and Shanks needs to be ready for his crosses as at least 3 times he put a ball in last night and there were no runners in position.

The boy whips in an incredible delivery on a dime so they need to be on their toes.

The laddie was different class going forward. He could be top drawer one day. He had a great game and seemed to be enjoying himself. Delighted for him. 

gorgierulesapply88
5 hours ago, tian447 said:

Let's not beat around the Bush here.

He was playing Spartans and relegation fodder albeit we struggled and where slow.

He's good at going forward, and bad defensively as confirmed by various Rotherham fans.

pettigrewsstylist

First name on team sheet Saturday . Wait till he discover how limited fullbacks are in this league and properly goes for it!

Oda be a JT

Had a great game, good header for the goal too, quite a few misplaced passes I noticed but in his first start, new club and horrible conditions that can be excused as he done so much more in a positive way.

Love how he wants to take players on, get to the byline cross the ball and no scared to cut back into his left and whip crosses in - could get a good few assists I think.

For so long it has seemed almost all of our play/attacks come down the left, bringing him in changed that so much (finally).

Well done to the laddie.

Bindy Badgy

Aside from the goal, he also put in a really good cross that should have lead to a goal. Looks like a solid signing based on what we've seen so far.

7 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Aside from the goal, he also put in a really good cross that should have lead to a goal. Looks like a solid signing based on what we've seen so far.

He put in two or three

No one busting a gut to be there, but then I suppose these balls havent been there, so it may take a minute or two before they know its right to gamble on the run.  Something I notice about us alot is our lack of a backpost run.  So often we'll put a decent ball over the box and the left winger is head in hands in a "if only I'd gambled" kinda way.  Barrie and Forrest both "guilty" of this.  That's tap-in zone - hope we work on it.

Essentially it's about guys being in the box though - we  need more guys in the box if we're starting to play more with wingers (or WBs who look to hit byeline).  Up until now, our wide men are more feeding the ball in and playing off Shanks I'd say. 

Thinking about it, it could work if we drop Shanks to the second striker in a 442 (loathe to say "10" as for me it wasn't this).  So a Vargas or Tagawa type stretch it a bit and Shanks is arriving second into the box for the crosses or the mess they create.  That's what worked well with him and Gino.

Edited by TheBigO

This is My Story Podcast

Horrible conditions. Pouring with rain. Howling wind. First home game. Rest of the team playing like they were still in Dubai. I thought Dexter was excellent. Never stopped trying to get forward. Never stopped taken on his man. Never stopped crossing the ball. Little brain fart for the 2nd but generally excellent. Looked much more comfortable and confident in a back 4 as well. Very impressed. 

What do they feed those guys down south? The guys a machine, to think he's only 20 years old.

Pace and power, something you rarely see from academy players up here.

It was a very good goal.  There was a lot of players between him and the net, and he delivered a text book header to score.

There was also a great cut back to Shankland in the first half that was a good opportunity for Shanks.

Early days, but an encouraging first couple of appearances.

Edited by naeclue

Ron Burgundy
10 hours ago, Hansel said:

That pass resulted in the same old throw in nonsense where no one shows for the ball and the only option is a wee tippy tap from a guy 6 yards away back to the thrower. Cochrane panicked as he was closed down and played a terrible pass.

RustyRightPeg
20 minutes ago, naeclue said:

It was a very good goal.  There was a lot of players between him and the net, and he delivered a text book header to score.

There was also a great cut back to Shankland in the first half that was a good opportunity for Shanks.

Early days, but an encouraging first couple of appearances.

I thought he headered it like someone who doesn't know how to header a ball 🤣

JimmyCant
10 hours ago, tian447 said:

I wouldn’t say he was solely responsible for the second.

1. not a great ball to him by Cochrane

2. not a great tackle by him

3. A bleedin awful tackle by Kent

4. Beni lets the scorer run off him

5. question if the keeper might have done better

JimmyCant
8 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I thought he headered it like someone who doesn't know how to header a ball 🤣

Saw it all the way. Moved to meet it instead of letting it come. Saw the side it should go to. Put his neck muscle into it. Kept it down. Plenty power in it. Seemed like pretty good technique to me ?

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Saw it all the way. Moved to meet it instead of letting it come. Saw the side it should go to. Put his neck muscle into it. Kept it down. Plenty power in it. Seemed like pretty good technique to me ?

I know what Rusty means as I thought the same at the time. I think his flowing locks made it look like he didn’t header it properly or came off his face almost. The actual way the ball went in though shows he headed it perfectly. 

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Think it was the way he jumped, looked like he got smaller when he jumped, neck went into his shoulders and his legs went akimbo, made me laugh. Delighted for the lad don't get me wrong just made me chuckle.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I know what Rusty means as I thought the same at the time. I think his flowing locks made it look like he didn’t header it properly or came off his face almost. The actual way the ball went in though shows he headed it perfectly. 

Would agree, also looked like he was not sure to header it near post or far post which confused the keeper.

JimmyCant
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Reminded me a wee bit of how Ruud Gullet used to head it. All neck power.

14 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I wouldn’t say he was solely responsible for the second.

1. not a great ball to him by Cochrane

2. not a great tackle by him

3. A bleedin awful tackle by Kent

4. Beni lets the scorer run off him

5. question if the keeper might have done better

Watching it back, it seemed like a really risky ball for Cochrane to play.

JimmyCant
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Would agree, also looked like he was not sure to header it near post or far post which confused the keeper.

Hmmmm I think he’s thought ‘I’m scoring here’ before the ball got half way to him. I was watching on telly from behind him right enough. Semantics. He buried it.

27 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Think it was the way he jumped, looked like he got smaller when he jumped, neck went into his shoulders and his legs went akimbo, made me laugh. Delighted for the lad don't get me wrong just made me chuckle.

That's funny. It was only watching the TV replay that I saw how many players were between him and the goal.

No idea if it was luck or design, but he put it in the right spot!

6 hours ago, Dazo said:

He can’t defend but looks a real prospect going forward. 

This is certainly my first impression. He might prove us wrong on either front in time, of course! Based on what I've seen so far, I'd worry about him at RB in a 4, but would have no issue playing him as a winger!

On 20/01/2024 at 14:20, Scott980612 said:

Looked ok I thought and wanted to go forward at every opportunity 

Start him next game , see how he looks vs premiership opponents 

Just OK? I thought he had a cracking game! Not going overboard though - remember Mitchell looked fantastic and faded albeit after an injury.

10 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Just OK? I thought he had a cracking game! Not going overboard though - remember Mitchell looked fantastic and faded albeit after an injury.

Injuries can do that. 

Bongo 1874

Dexter,Dexter,Dexter,Dexter,Dexter Lembikisa,Toby,Toby, Toby, Toby, Sibbick.

This lads quality 👌.

Get behind the lads.

We need someone with his desire and energy in the middle of the park. He is going to be a fantastic addition for the season. What is the loan conditions with him do we have any chance of signing him.

Berrassobad
On 24/01/2024 at 00:27, OTT said:

Like that was the sort of performance we've needed to see down our right side for ages. Playing this variation of a back 3 with wingbacks means we need to demand width from our wingbacks otherwise we struggle. I think Dexter did that in spades, and its very much been the sort of performance we've needed all season. 

The reason I'm noting the difference is because its different duties. What Dexter appears to be able to do in attack vs Michael Smith is night and day. The role of a wingback is much more attack focused and could very well be the key to delivering the attacking football we've been promised. 

Massively encouraged by what we've seen and hopefully he's delivering stats which Savage and co can go away and find am acceptable replacement in. Love him/hate him, I don't think Atkinson is that guy. Dexter was applying massive pressure down that right side through how direct and aggressive he was that I've not seen Atkinson deliver.

This looks like smart recruitment and actually filling a square hole with a square peg. 

You gotta be fitter than a butchers dug an all mate. Back in the day NOONE wanted that position. Boys a class above.

2 hours ago, mr fox said:

We need someone with his desire and energy in the middle of the park. He is going to be a fantastic addition for the season. What is the loan conditions with him do we have any chance of signing him.

I think we can file him under Ellis Simms.  Could do a great job while on loan, but way beyond our budget when it comes to considering any sort of permanent deal.  Basically, enjoy him while it lasts.

For those that thought we had a chance of signing Simms, Everton recently sold him to Coventry for an undisclosed fee after turning down a £4m bid from Ipswich.

FarmerTweedy
On 24/01/2024 at 17:21, Thomaso said:

He did post that on Saturday, so was talking about his sub appearance against Spartans, not the Dundee game! 

9 hours ago, RobNox said:

I think we can file him under Ellis Simms.  Could do a great job while on loan, but way beyond our budget when it comes to considering any sort of permanent deal.  Basically, enjoy him while it lasts.

For those that thought we had a chance of signing Simms, Everton recently sold him to Coventry for an undisclosed fee after turning down a £4m bid from Ipswich.

You can certainly see why looks a very promising player. 

9 hours ago, Berrassobad said:

You gotta be fitter than a butchers dug an all mate. Back in the day NOONE wanted that position. Boys a class above.

Yes wing back is such an important role now but agree need to be up and down all day. 
Some of the English lads are absolute athletes. 

10 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

He did post that on Saturday, so was talking about his sub appearance against Spartans, not the Dundee game! 

Fair enough

Berrassobad

Genuinely dont know how Dexter "had a brainfart" at all for the 2nd - absolute nonsense - that ball should never have been played to him

Kingsley played a give and go to Cochrane and was available 3 yards away

Halks was available behind 3 yards away

Cochrane could have played up the same wing.

Yet Cochrane goes wing back to wing back ? Across the goal ? 

That was the issue - not DL losing out on a 50/50 ball

Edited by Berrassobad