Dexter Lembikisa

Scott980612

Looked very composed on the ball. Gave us some attacking threat we were missing prior to him coming on.

Couple of times where he was a bit behind the play when off the ball (still in right back position when other players were looking for him as an out ball on the forward right) but that'll come with time playing with the other players.

Definitely some potential there. Shame he's only on loan, but he'll do a job for the rest of the season.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tartofmidlothian

• OTT

• Thomaso

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Great start for us, looks very good.

Totally. Thought he looked really good.

Really impressed. Looked really tricky, positive and put in good balls with his right and left foot. Very promising. 

If he is indeed a real attacking threat then the shape makes a lot of sense. We play three at the back, but when in possession Dexter plays high and wide, Cochrane plays inverted and becomes an attacking midfielder and Benny sits in front of the three. 

Meanwhile Forrest can play wide left and his starting position is there but has free reign to wander inside as he does quite intelligently. 

I am hopeful despite today that we will improve quite a bit in an attacking sense in the second half of the season. 

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Opposition notwithstanding, i thought that was an excellent debut. Really liked him. No hesitancy, looked to be a threat every time, great feet, put crosses in with both foot too. Very promising.

Wee word for Wilson too, who didn't look out of place. His movement looked sharp and clever around the box

Based on what we saw today, I’d be starting Dexter and James Wilson before Oda and Tigawa.

2 hours ago, chazza74 said:

Gave way more than oda   

Contributed more than Oda and Tagawa combined.

frankblack
Just now, Korky said:

Contributed more than Oda and Tagawa combined.

Agree.

Both of those need to shape up or be moved on.  Not loooking good enough.

Gordon Ramsay

Done well but opposition very poor. Alarming that Tagawa and Oda can't make any impact against a League 2 side.

Jack Torrance

There were some Cool Runnings when he came on. Great debut. Well done Dexter.

Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, it's Jamaican Lembikisa time.

🇯🇲

Edited by Jack Torrance

Skacelsid

Impressed with the boy, skilful, energetic and positive. Hopefully these attributes are encouraged. Well done young man.

RedStarRiot

I suppose there are no surprises here. It was claimed he was good going forward prior to joining us. I think it’s his defending that’s supposed to be sketchy so let’s see him against Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs.

I agree it’s a positive start though 

1 hour ago, Pilmuir said:

Based on what we saw today, I’d be starting Dexter and James Wilson before Oda and Tigawa.

Yes, kinda agree. But its not that simple. Rwb is easy. Its Dexters.

Cf is trickier. Wilson needs managed. If we dont see him again this season, its no failure. If hes smashing it at training and makes himself impossible not to pick, then thats another thing. Lets not Harry Cochrane him!

Then theres Tagawa. The guy is still early in his time with us. Hes not to be written off yet, but its a catch 22. Feel he needs minutes on the pitch but hes not earning them. The lad could come good, but he definitely wont if we give up on him! Know what i mean? Its a tricky one!!!

Benny Klack

Not sure about his defensive abilities yet as he wasn’t tested on that front today but he looks to be very direct and skill full going forward. Quite excited by this signing 👍

soonbe110
4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Did more in 45 minutes than Tagawa and Oda have all season. 

very promising start

Not really but looked decent. 

JudyJudyJudy

Early days , there’s been many a false promise of various players 

Done more in about 2 minutes than oda did all first half when he beat his man and drew the foul for a free kick out on the right side of their box just after coming on. Looks very promising from his debut. 

Gorgiewave

Direct, looks to get forward, hasn't caught the sideways passes virus (yet).

A promising debut.

gregzy2k7

Nice to see that fans who were there thought he did well, good on ya dexter, hopefully can be a great player for us for the rest of the season at least.

PapaShango

Done more with his first passage of play than Oda had the entire game. Actually went forward instead of back the way or lose the ball running into a player. High hopes for this lad looks like he has a burst of pace about him as well.

Ian Black 8

Looked positive when he came on.. was direct n wanted to beat his man… put some good crosses into the box with both feet maybe unlucky no to score aswell but a wouldn’t be against seeing him start against Dundee 👌🏼

18 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Yes, kinda agree. But its not that simple. Rwb is easy. Its Dexters.

Cf is trickier. Wilson needs managed. If we dont see him again this season, its no failure. If hes smashing it at training and makes himself impossible not to pick, then thats another thing. Lets not Harry Cochrane him!

Then theres Tagawa. The guy is still early in his time with us. Hes not to be written off yet, but its a catch 22. Feel he needs minutes on the pitch but hes not earning them. The lad could come good, but he definitely wont if we give up on him! Know what i mean? Its a tricky one!!!

Yes I know what you mean. The question for Naismith is how many chances does he give Tagawa if Wilson looks a better bet, despite his age. Personally, I’d be inclined to use Tagawa as a sub once games are already won to find out if there is a player there.

Kudos to Dougie Samuel for immediatel realising Dexter would cause problems and moving another player over, lagging 5 yards behind the left back. It made it harder for Dexter to just run past him. What it didn't do was stop him though!  He looks pretty good going forward - and covered back well, when required.

Looks very promising, but I hope we don't see an Ellis Simms scenario where he does really well for us until the end of the season, then his parent club either won't sell or want a silly price for him.

Edit to add: Or we can't afford his wages.

Edited by whodanny

On 20/01/2024 at 14:20, Scott980612 said:

Looked ok I thought and wanted to go forward at every opportunity 

Start him next game , see how he looks vs premiership opponents 

Absolutely, looks the part! Fingers crossed 

54 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Looks very promising, but I hope we don't see an Ellis Simms scenario where he does really well for us until the end of the season, then his parent club either won't sell or want a silly price for him.

Edit to add: Or we can't afford his wages.

We could well do but if the guy makes as big impression as Ellis for the next 6 months that will do me.

Dallas Green

Looked good tbh. Has pace which is much needed and can hit the byline and get those crosses in for Shankland.

Wolves rate him very highly and if he progresses well with us he's likely to be in their 1st Team pool next season.

pettigrewsstylist
On 20/01/2024 at 16:01, Mr. T said:

Looked very composed on the ball. Gave us some attacking threat we were missing prior to him coming on.

Couple of times where he was a bit behind the play when off the ball (still in right back position when other players were looking for him as an out ball on the forward right) but that'll come with time playing with the other players.

Definitely some potential there. Shame he's only on loan, but he'll do a job for the rest of the season.

He should see a lot more space avaialable to him Tue night.

RustyRightPeg

I liked the fact that as soon as he came on, the first thing he did was square up Callum Booth, run past him and win a foul in a dangerous position. Positive play.

'Kisa good

'Kisa good

He's Lembikisa good

One for the 90's children amongst us there.

Seems to be really positive and can cross with both feet which is a godsend these days. Keen to go by folk and decent control.

Early days but looks to be a find.

14 hours ago, JTJ said:

Wolves rate him very highly and if he progresses well with us he's likely to be in their 1st Team pool next season.

Which I already think is a shame!!! Wonder if he does well if there may be an outside chance of another year...

On a similar subject, I see James Hill started for Bournemouth yesterday.  Well done lad! Left back as well!  When this happens, it's great news for us.  He came up here, his loan was up and down to be fair, but he came up worked on his game, worked hard for a spot in the team which he eventually earned and now he's a first team member at his EPL club.  Simms made Everton decent money.  The more loans go well, the better standard of player will be sent to us - the more we'll be trusted.  Dexter could be the next one we show our worth with.

I'd love if we didn't need to get English U23 guys on loan, but there's no doubt it can be a very fruitful market for us.  Kind of a high quality stopgap for positions we're waiting on the right permanent signing or have a guy in development for.  You can also end up with a Cochrane situation.

Wee Mikey
3 hours ago, meister said:

'Kisa good

'Kisa good

He's Lembikisa good

One for the 90's children amongst us there.

Seems to be really positive and can cross with both feet which is a godsend these days. Keen to go by folk and decent control.

Early days but looks to be a find.

Screenshot_20240122_131241_Google.jpg

Scott980612

Kisa good. 
Kisa good. 

He’s Lembikisa good 🇱🇻 

Going to enjoy watching this lad 

Regular John

Comfortably MOTM tonight.

First wide player we've had in ages who seems to be able to deliver consistent dangerous balls in to the box.

Great find.

Was great tonight. Even the bad balls into the box could have been dangerous. His fullback had a horrible night. 

Outstanding performance, shanks needs to learn his delivery styles & get himself on the end of some of those balls