Top Posters In This Topic

• tartofmidlothian

• OTT

• Thomaso

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, TweedbankJambo said:

He's going to the top. What a player. Enjoy him while he's here.

This. Plus a great header for his goal.

Beats the first man with his cross almost every time.

Almost couldn’t believe my eyes. 

Kingsley in the other side the total opposite. 

johnking123
Just now, whodanny said:

Have we got an option to buy at the end of the loan ?

Only of we have a spare couple of million.

Just now, johnking123 said:

Well, we might have if Shanks goes at the end of the season.

Superb, absolutely superb. Pace, trickery and can cross with both feet. Looking forward to watching him the rest of the season. 

skacel103

Great going forward but is kinda soft at tacking too easy to get past him. He has the pace to catch up but think he would struggle v the old firm. 

gordiegords

look pretty good to me, likes to get forward and puts in a crackin baw.

Good attacking performance, not great defensively. Not sure he is going to the top as others think, but good at our level.

GrimUpNorth
On 20/01/2024 at 15:55, GrimUpNorth said:

Probably our best player. Great delivery, hopefully some of our attackers will start anticipating where he's going to put it. 

Copy my message from Saturday

No Idle Talk

Impressed again tonight. He's always looking to do something positive when he gets the ball. He wants to take men on and put crosses into the box. That is exactly what I want in a wide player. His crosses are good too. He put in at least two beauties tonight and I was quite disappointed that Shankland wasn't standing there right in front of goal to tap them in. Yet to see him really be tested defensively so that is still a question mark.

We could have something here.

Great find by the recruitment team.... especially since he's not had the chance to play in an attacking team this season.

Take a bow sir, home debut, and a goal, a lot of cracking crosses MOTM by a country mile.

I really was hoping this could be a Cochrane situation where has a good spell, his parent club still doesn't rate him as a top flight player in England, and parts with him for a six figure fee.

No, that is not happening. At this point, I think it would be great if Wolves would like him to stick around for some European play next season.

Sooperstar

Brilliant tonight, even in the first half. Capable of putting dangerous balls into the box in with both feet. Will forgive him his involvement in the 2nd goal. 

Pans Jambo

2 games. Seems decent. Hope he continues like this. Looks a player. 

mickycameron98

Great start but let's not get carried away. I mind Demetri Mitchell starting in the same vein

The Old Tolbooth
Just now, mickycameron98 said:

Great start but let's not get carried away. I mind Demetri Mitchell starting in the same vein

That’s one way to piss on a parade 😂 

No Idle Talk
28 minutes ago, Lossiemouth Jambo said:

We need a big target man CF who can get on the end of these crosses.

Shankland is that man. Just have to get their timing down. 

10 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Brilliant tonight, even in the first half. Capable of putting dangerous balls into the box in with both feet. Will forgive him his involvement in the 2nd goal. 

To be fair the pass to him was a shocker and he tried to reach it but unfortunately failed.  

He was mostly excellent but should have fouled the guy before the 2nd goal.  And had one of the worst crosses of all time in the first half

27 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Good attacking performance, not great defensively. Not sure he is going to the top as others think, but good at our level.

Early days, very promising.

Hopefully with some coaching he can improve the defensive side of his game.

AlimOzturk
37 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

And wages we likely can’t afford. 

Byyy The Light

I can’t stop thinking about him running at Louis Stevenson and I have a tingling in my loins 

Quality of cross for him was impressive- our forwards when they learn he can whip in a ball like that will have a field day.

Reminds me of Jose Quitongo way he is technically on the ball and you have absolutely no idea where he is turning with the ball. Almost a Clumsy look about it lol. Some get crosses as well.

Edited by Philfigo

Corstorphine Jambo

He looked exhausted towards the end which meant he struggled to get back when defending. But if that’s the downside of having a genuinely exciting, attacking full back, then I will take it.

To the tune of La Bamba...

La La La Lembikisa! La La La Lembikisa! Plays for Jamaica and loves the Gorgie!

LEM-BI-KISA! LEM-BI-KISA! LEM-BI-KISA!

🕺👀

hmfcbilly
58 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

If Ellis Sim went for £10million to Coventry I think we'll need more than a couple for this guy. Here's hoping wolves stay up and loan him us for next season. I suspect some championship club will be after him though I'd he has a good few months for us 

hmfcbilly
15 minutes ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

He looked exhausted towards the end which meant he struggled to get back when defending. But if that’s the downside of having a genuinely exciting, attacking full back, then I will take it.

No wonder. The amount of running up and down he did the whole game 🤣🤣 boy never stopped! 

Pasquale for King

Looks raw, but was still bombing forward late on. If the captain would actually go to the 6 yard line the crosses would be even better.

Corstorphine Jambo
2 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

No wonder. The amount of running up and down he did the whole game 🤣🤣 boy never stopped! 

Absolutely! A lot was asked of him and he delivered. He took his time going round the pitch at the end, soaking up the applause with a huge grin on his face. Great to see - he deserved it. 

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

This las doesn’t look like a big time Charlie though. 

Lone Striker
47 minutes ago, Smithian said:

I really was hoping this could be a Cochrane situation where has a good spell, his parent club still doesn't rate him as a top flight player in England, and parts with him for a six figure fee.

No, that is not happening. At this point, I think it would be great if Wolves would like him to stick around for some European play next season.

That would be brilliant if we could get him on loan again next season.  The boy looks the real deal. 

Section Q
1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

Shankland is that man. Just have to get their timing down. 

Hatrick for Shanks against Aberdeen and he's offski for £4-5m by next Wednesday.....👍

gnasher75

He got into a similar crossing position several times using a mix of pace and skill to get past his defender. He did say in his signing interview that he loves ones on ones. Other teams may get wise to what he wants to do but unlike Gino for example he doesn't seem to be a ond trick pony in that situation.

We will score a lot of goals if Shankland, Vargas, Forrest and Cochrane all time their runs to get onto his balls across. Don't think we want a big target man. It's low hard crosses that just need a touch.

I hope we play him at RB in a back 4 and give him licence to attack like Tavernier does. 

Australis

Well done tonight.

Play like that and the fans will love him.

So much life and energy.

Great attitude.

No Idle Talk
3 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Hatrick for Shanks against Aberdeen and he's offski for £4-5m by next Wednesday.....👍

Nae chance. Shanks is here until the summer. 

OmiyaHearts

Beats his man and I like his crossing. Gets it into dangerous areas. Hopefully our forward players will get used to that and get into those areas to get a shot off.