*** Asian Cup / Rowles and Atkinson (merged) ***

jamdunc

bajthejambo

That substitution has cost Australia the game. The manager will be kicking himself. 

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• jamdunc

• Jamboross

• The Black Prince

Watt-Zeefuik

Next derby Atkinson and Rowles (and probably Hoff) are going to tackle Miller into 2025.

DesertDawg
29 minutes ago, Hansel said:

3 x Kims in the back 4 for South Korea

That would be about right since over 20% of the entire population has that family name.

stevie1874
Just now, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Next derby Atkinson and Rowles (and probably Hoff) are going to tackle Miller into 2025.

We should target him at next derby his timing in tackles has been honking. Forrest  Vargas or Oda to run at him. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

So with Millar Hibsing it for Australia, do we get Natty & Kye back early? :) 

Back in the squad for Dens tomorrow! 

We're paying their wages after all!

:muggy:

9 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

That would be about right since over 20% of the entire population has that family name.

👍 

heartmussel
41 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

lol Miller concedes a penalty. What the hell is he playing at.

First appearance in this particular tournament 

10 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Back in the squad for Dens tomorrow! 

We're paying their wages after all!

:muggy:

Chop chop guys :D 

number-16
7 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

First appearance in this particular tournament 

And hopefully his last for this particular national team

heartmussel
Just now, number-16 said:

And hopefully his last for this particular national team

A lump of wood 🪵, he was getting turned inside out.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Back for Airdrie

Yippee! Sorry for the Aussies though ☹️ but still 😀

Mikey1874

Australia got what they deserved. Just not sharp or decisive enough up front. While Lewis Miller had a disaster when manager tried to defend lead, the missed chances is why they are going home. 

Mikey1874
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yippee! Sorry for the Aussies though ☹️ but still 😀

And Rowles and Atkinson both had a good tournament.

joondalupjambo
2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Atkinson is by far a better player than most make out

Of course he is but haters going hate.

Jamboross
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Australia got what they deserved. Just not sharp or decisive enough up front. While Lewis Miller had a disaster when manager tried to defend lead, the missed chances is why they are going home. 

They've been really poor for the whole tournament. 

Arnold should be getting his jotters. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Diego10 said:

Should be back for Wednesday hopefully

Yep.

Only an 8 hour flight.

Jack Torrance

Thought it was a good game. Tough on Australia who just had to hold out a little longer. Undone by two nieve challenges by Miller who Hibsed it big style.

Thought Natty was outstanding. Got to be honest, I didn't notice Rowles much but probably because he was just doing what he does.

3 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Natty won’t be playing.

2 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Of course he is but haters going hate.

He really isn’t. Just look at Dexter…different class.

Jamboross
33 minutes ago, McCrae said:

He really isn’t. Just look at Dexter…different class.

He's just had a really decent game against Kang-in Lee, Heung-Min Son and Hee-chan Hwang. Give Natty a break, eh?

Dalstonjambo

Remember that guy on here who claimed he was an Australian football expert and told us Rowles and Atkinson wouldn’t play in a full strength Australian team and Miller was miles ahead of Atkinson. I wonder how that guy is getting on enjoying another Bournemouth loanee

1 hour ago, Jamboross said:

He's just had a really decent game against Kang-in Lee, Heung-Min Son and Hee-chan Hwang. Give Natty a break, eh?

He tries hard, but he just isn’t very good.

ricky_jpl

Morning/evening all, 

Aussie here who lived in Dalry for a few years back in the 00's. Got to a few games in Gorgie. This was back when that dodgy Lithuanian was in charge of things, wasn't particularly well liked if memory serves.  Craig Gordon was in goals and there was a handy Portuguese bloke in midfield (Aguiar?). Never really got into the whole Hibs rivalry as it wasn't really my place. 

Funnily enough my best mate then was a hibee (although not really a hard core one). 

Anyway I check in here now and then to A) see how my one time team are doing and B)  check on the progress of Hearts' Aussie contingent. 

Has to be said this has been a poor tournament for the Socceroos. Not in terms of results which are about par, but performances have been well below what I'd hoped for. Last night's game was definitely our best showing though and both Atkinson and Rowles played well. I'm sure it tickles you lot plenty that, Atkinson, having been one of our best was taken off for Miller who cost us the game and was by and large terrible. Arnie got that one badly wrong.

Anyway, hopefully when these two return they continue to contribute for the jambos.  Aus-Scotland seems to be building up an odd but mutually beneficial relationship on both club and national level. 

The Black Prince
6 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Thought Rowles was invisible🙄 

He had a blinder.

Had a wonderful tournament and Natty did well when he played. Did very well against a super-sharp Korean attack. Being replaced by Miller cost Oz the Asian Cup. SK are a big chance of winning it now.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Proud of my son, who sat up and watched the game. First tweet of Miller Hibs'd it!

Selkirkhmfc1874

Would expect back in squad for cup game next Saturday, midweek probably come too quickly after all the travelling etc

9 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would expect back in squad for cup game next Saturday, midweek probably come too quickly after all the travelling etc

Don’t you be travelling through on the Saturday. You’ll wait a while in the gates opening 😙🤣

SoMarkDevriesy

Got to feel for Atkinson and Rowles, a minute away from progression and a slim but realistic chance of wining the cup (beating Japan would have been challenging but not impossible). That being said they probably knew a Hibsing it was incoming as they saw the talentless dunderheed that is Lewis Miller amble his way on to the park..

Edited by SoMarkDevriesy
grammar

scott herbertson
44 minutes ago, SoMarkDevriesy said:

Got to feel for Atkinson and Rowles, a minute away from progression and a slim but realistic chance of wining the cup (beating Japan would have been challenging but not impossible). That being said they probably knew a Hibsing it was incoming as they saw the talentless dunderheed that is Lewis Miller amble his way on to the park..

I think Souttar would have missed it so Japan would have been difficult, but yes, Hibsed it

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, scottg71 said:

Don’t you be travelling through on the Saturday. You’ll wait a while in the gates opening 😙🤣

🤣🤣 yeah you're right it's Sunday 

soonbe110
10 hours ago, The Black Prince said:

He had a blinder.

Had a wonderful tournament and Natty did well when he played. Did very well against a super-sharp Korean attack. Being replaced by Miller cost Oz the Asian Cup. SK are a big chance of winning it now.

Doubt either of the two Edinburgh fullbacks would have played if Jones had been available 

Heart&soul
On 03/02/2024 at 11:22, soonbe110 said:

Hopefully back for Perth 

I noticed Silvera was playing today for Middlesbrough (2nd half substitute) so presumably we’ll have Rowles and Atkinson available on Wednesday. Would guess Rowles walks straight back into the team, Atkinson is a trickier situation with Dexter in the team, hopefully both can be accommodated somehow. 

8 minutes ago, Heart&soul said:

I noticed Silvera was playing today for Middlesbrough (2nd half substitute) so presumably we’ll have Rowles and Atkinson available on Wednesday. Would guess Rowles walks straight back into the team, Atkinson is a trickier situation with Dexter in the team, hopefully both can be accommodated somehow. 

Dexter is only 20 and didn't have the greatest game against Dundee - he was still good, but I wouldn't be against putting Atkinson in. Keep it competitive and see if they can push each other so we get the best out of both. I would really like to see Atkinson adding some of Dexters willingness to take players on to his game. 

The Black Prince
On 03/02/2024 at 22:24, soonbe110 said:

Doubt either of the two Edinburgh fullbacks would have played if Jones had been available 

Jones was rubbish. Most Australians were calling for Natty to play but Ryan Strain is the frontrunner for the future. Seriously good player (for St Mirren, unfortunately).