*** official Celtic v Heart Of Midlothian match thread ***

Selkirkhmfc1874

Just now, Papa said:

It just goes to show you the difference it makes when a referee and linesmen officiate in an unbiased manner. Thought the officials were excellent yesterday - and I am rarely of that opinion especially in Glasgow.

Absolutely! Its such fine margins when we play the old firm that it make a huge difference when officials do there job correctly.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Morgan

• alicante jambo

• Bazzas right boot

alicante jambo
24 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Woke up with a smile on my face, amidst all the euphoria I forgot we scored from a well worked CORNER also 😱👍🏽👏🏾

Look at what kent does. Blocks the 2 celtic players. So simple to.

40 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Being greedy i want 9 with a win on the 30th too against Ross County. 

I actually forgot about the County game. :laugh2:

22 minutes ago, whodanny said:

As long as the standard of football is good then Adams will be happy. Lots of his players will already have their bags packed by that point as well. 😂

Great result yesterday guys but one thing I would bring up is how we handled the way there ball boys were throwing the ball back into play quickly this could have caught us out but the team kept there eyes on the game plan well done guys.

3 hours ago, Go for it 1308 said:

What did those dickheads say after he scored?

Said that Hearts want 5m for him is he worth that? the woman was the most vocal with her no, then put a value of 2-3m on him and only Rangers have been linked to him but Celtic may also need a player like him. Usual pish...

Ex member of the SaS

Great game , great result and well done to all involved. BUT I have to ask, where did these players come from? IF they can play like that yesterday where have they been all season?

My heart was in my mouth at every substitution but fair play they all got stuck in and well done to the young lad.

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, Philfigo said:

Absolutely! Its such fine margins when we play the old firm that it make a huge difference when officials do there job correctly.

Said to mrs the ref is having a good game, she almost called the doctor! Has to be the only game that I never lost it at the TV! 

Even I predicted 3 or 4-1 to Celtic.. gettin beat of Killie last week a thought their tails would’ve been up today. Massive credit to the lads though 👏🏼👏🏼 3 points no many people would’ve predicted looking at our games ahead 

Go for it 1308
20 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Said that Hearts want 5m for him is he worth that? the woman was the most vocal with her no, then put a value of 2-3m on him and only Rangers have been linked to him but Celtic may also need a player like him. Usual pish...

Pricks

alicante jambo
21 minutes ago, Ian Black 8 said:

Even I predicted 3 or 4-1 to Celtic.. gettin beat of Killie last week a thought their tails would’ve been up today. Massive credit to the lads though 👏🏼👏🏼 3 points no many people would’ve predicted looking at our games ahead 

Me too. Mind theyve just pumped feyenord too.

54 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Great game , great result and well done to all involved. BUT I have to ask, where did these players come from? IF they can play like that yesterday where have they been all season?

My heart was in my mouth at every substitution but fair play they all got stuck in and well done to the young lad.

They did the same at Ibrox defensively  but just lost out, mainly due to a different referee.

Very different game to normal yesterday. Still need to show more in attack but it should come hopefully.

BangkokHearts
3 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

Just seen brendas inteview he is spewing. No credit yo us at all.

Yep, he is a very bad loser. 

Hope it goes horribly wrong for him there, hateful, little, greasy deviant. 

BangkokHearts
18 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

In a dead rubber, tho they think that makes them CL elites

Feyenoord were all over them and would have won that game 99 times out of 100.

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

We have been inconsistent this season but have , at times , shown we can play .

Ex member of the SaS
19 minutes ago, BangkokHearts said:

Yep, he is a very bad loser. 

Hope it goes horribly wrong for him there, hateful, little, greasy deviant. 

Never understood why they brought him back after he dumped them like a hand full of poo.

BangkokHearts
12 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Never understood why they brought him back after he dumped them like a hand full of poo.

Lawell backing a known entity, taking the ‘safe’ option.

Most normal people would avoid that job like the plague. 

Brenda ain’t normal though. 

Ange maybe the most recent exception but he got out as soon as he possibly could, and relatively unscathed to boot.

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, BangkokHearts said:

Lawell backing a known entity, taking the ‘safe’ option.

Most normal people would avoid that job like the plague. 

Brenda ain’t normal though. 

Ange maybe the most recent exception but he got out as soon as he possibly could, and relatively unscathed to boot.

Did Ange not come in while Lawell was missing? Don't follow them that closely to know but it sticks somewhere that while Lawwell was gone they did improve

BangkokHearts
Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

Did Ange not come in while Lawell was missing? Don't follow them that closely to know but it sticks somewhere that while Lawwell was gone they did improve

Think so, might explain the self-entitled ‘sack the board’ chants yesterday! 

Solid display yesterday , turned up from the off and stopped them getting into their stride . Positive substitutions as well. 9 points before New Year and we can start looking the passports out.

3 minutes ago, dav1e said:

Solid display yesterday , turned up from the off and stopped them getting into their stride . Positive substitutions as well. 9 points before New Year and we can start looking the passports out.

We had them out last January.  Hopefully this time.

Exile fae Main Street

Magnificent performance! Had tae listen tae it on BBC.....Bonner choking and spluttering, and the other no mark who was commentating and him just willing the Tims to score, absolutely,  totally biased,a complete disgrace BBC......but ******g marvellous, marvellous stuff, and I did say tae my Hun season ticket holder Brother-in-law that I though we just might give him an early Xmas present.....wish I'd taken the same conviction tae the Bookies!🙃🙃🙃

5 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

It was also the most Beni-like performance we've seen from Beni yet. Stepping in front of their passes and winning the ball back all day long.

After last week’s performance I didn’t expect that from Beni but great to see him putting a display of old like that in - he played a massive part in that result - delighted for him. Onwards and upwards from here if he keeps playing like that.

Looking fwd to my darts match Monday as one of my team is rampant Tic fan, he is ok to be fair and said last Monday he thought we could give them problems.

More than I thought at the time mind you!

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

Look at what kent does. Blocks the 2 celtic players. So simple to.

Yeah that had definitely been worked on 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, whodanny said:

They’re easily forgotten, Adams may well be sacked by then 😆

2 hours ago, john thomas said:

We have been inconsistent this season but have , at times , shown we can play .

Yes we have. Sadly we have rarely played for more than 20-30 minutes. that's been the frustrating thing. We've got to give Naismith more time in my opinion. I wasn't saying that on the way back from Aberdeen 😄

1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

Given the amount of empty seats yesterday we should be demanding more tickets for our next visit. Like they did after the game at tynecastle. 

:spoton:

alicante jambo

Still coming to terms with that yesterday. What a performance from the hearts player. Also mckay. Halkett getting in on the act and tait and denholm experiencing that.

This has probably been mentioned already, but I was scratching my head at the Celtic player lying down behind the wall at Kingsley’s free kick. Like, seriously, ‘WTF is he doing there?’

I’ve been told it’s to stop the kick being hit beneath the wall. I’d never heard of this so I looked on YouTube. When exactly did we sign Messi?

Dougie Masterton
On 16/12/2023 at 17:11, Spellczech said:

Showed Feyenoord how to do it... Well done Hearts!

A few Feyenoord fans in the Hearts section yesterday. They also had a £50 bet on Hearts at 25/1

Just now, Dougie Masterton said:

A few Feyenoord fans in the Hearts section yesterday. They also had a £50 bet on Hearts at 25/1

Nice one

ToadKiller Dog
7 minutes ago, Dougie Masterton said:

Good on them ,don't think I've ever been brave enough to put £50 on us 😆 

4 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

This has probably been mentioned already, but I was scratching my head at the Celtic player lying down behind the wall at Kingsley’s free kick. Like, seriously, ‘WTF is he doing there?’

I’ve been told it’s to stop the kick being hit beneath the wall. I’d never heard of this so I looked on YouTube. When exactly did we sign Messi?

We might just have won the league in 98 if we'd done that when Albertz took the late free kick at Ibrox that snatched them a 2-2 draw.

Jambo in Yorkshire

Go back to Saturday at 2.00, how many goals would we lose at Celtic and how many would Man U lose at Liverpool on Sunday?

I reckon most on here would have guessed a total of at least six?

Funny old game!

41 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

We might just have won the league in 98 if we'd done that when Albertz took the late free kick at Ibrox that snatched them a 2-2 draw.

I remember the late goal, but we finished 7 points behind Celtic and 4 behind Rangers. What really derailed our title challenge that year was losing to Hibs in the run-in.

2 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I remember the late goal, but we finished 7 points behind Celtic and 4 behind Rangers. What really derailed our title challenge that year was losing to Hibs in the run-in.

Losing Colin Cameron through injury was the most significant factor.

32 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

We lost Colin to injury in the following season

45 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

We drew with Motherwell and lost to Hibs in the same week which really all but finished us. A better record against the OF that season where I don’t think we won one game would have likely seen us win it. That a the NY 2-2 with Hibs were killers. A game we could have been 4 or 5 up in by half time.

47 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Signing Petric and Kevin James didn't help either. 🙈

20 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

We lost Colin to injury in the following season

Sorry, I thought we were talking about league games earlier in the run up to the end of 97-98.

1 hour ago, Doc Rob said:

And drawing with motherwell

On 16/12/2023 at 17:24, indianajones said:

Not even a yellow card WTF?

Only 3 fouls awarded against us in the whole match!  Magnificent discipline.

41 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Signing Petric and Kevin James didn't help either. 🙈

Signing Niemi did

23 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

And drawing with motherwell

Game should have been called off - pitch was a swamp