*** Official Aberdeen vs. Heart of Midlothian Thread ***

martoon

ToadKiller Dog

Lack of ambition in the side ,sheep where there to be taken first half ,we automatically went into hold on mode safety 1st .

Sheep now will have a bit of confidence ,we saved Barry Robson 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• alicante jambo

• pettigrewsstylist

• Morgan

2 minutes ago, aberhill jambo said:

He brought him on against rangers 

see how that went

And the point is why sign him on a new deal? It's poor management. Halliday could do more in the striker role than Tagawa ffs.

aberhill jambo
2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

The nomadic journeyman Jon Nouble didn't even get off the bench for Livingston today and he's better than most of Savage's signings.

Atleast he'd be a proper player to launch the ball long at. Not Vargas. We've never even been close to playing Vargas or Tagawa in over the top like we did Ginnelly.

It's ****ing infuriating.

Naismith signed Haring to an extra year because he knows the demands and he knows Haring can play how he wants to play...yet he can't be arsed bringing him on the bus with a place spare.

Absolute shitshow.

Our entire midfield is shit 

no fight no drive no bottle

Defence And goalie apart from Kent shit as well 

SomethingAboutObua
Just now, stevie said:

Can we Please Please sign a couple of decent attacking midfielders in January 🫰

You'll get 2 more defensive/holding midfielders and you'll like it! - Hearts recruitment team, probably 

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Sibbick,  Gino, Shankland, Souttar, Rowles, Halkett. Cochrane all improved under our previous manager imo.

Agreed but there was something very fishy with Neilson at the end and he was another dull one. 

Remember the brilliant game v Well at Tynecastle in our 1st season after winning Championship by a country mile, 4-3?  Nelson panicked and we started the dull stuff.

Oh what a good night to ignore Kickback. Just one thing. How about, just a suggestion, but one day, how about you support your football club ? You don't actually have to like what you see on the park. But just try encouraging the players,

, tell them we're all Hearts. Or even some of you, try going to the game. ??? 

1 minute ago, whodanny said:

Oh what a good night to ignore Kickback. Just one thing. How about, just a suggestion, but one day, how about you support your football club ? You don't actually have to like what you see on the park. But just try encouraging the players,

Think this post lacks quite a lot of perspective. Most people on this forum will have poured hundreds, if not thousands into the club and there has been a general malaise for years that seems to be beyond the capabilities of our current board to address. It’s quite justifiable to vent frustrations and call for something different.

37 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I never thought I would see the day Hearts would score in a tough venue to go one up and I had absolutely no reaction.  Not a "Yes;" nothing, silence, no emotion, and I can safely say it's the first time ever, in almost 70 years man and boy supporting Hearts.  THE most unemotional goal ever.

I just knew, not only that we'd lose but lose like a disorganised bunch of no hopes.  The passing was woeful.  The tackling, apart from the back three was woeful and, with contracts coming up, any decent player can see no incentive bar money to stay.

We are a rudderless ship!  I think the decent players will seriously consider their position.  

You mean Shankland then? 

There is absolutely no one else in the entire squad anyone else would touch. 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Aye, the team is shite because of the fans.  

Enjoy your night clapping at the tv.  👏👏👏

Have the Hearts Board taken their eye off the ball concerning the team ?

Have the Hearts Board concentrated on their own professions like Lawyer, Accountant, Software Developer etc rather than an a ex-Manager, ex-Player. I believe our Directors get away with murder concerning the team and the organisation of who runs the football side which I believe needs reformed. The Hearts organisation is getting too big with the Hotel, the Shop, the Bar, Hospitality, Tours, Big Hearts, FOH etc which is all good but I’d like a sub committee of a Chairperson, an ex-manager, an ex-player, who are all about giving the manager what he needs, money for players, potential targets, quality scouts, staff etc. They would appoint a Chief Scout who would have the job of organising the areas scouts would cover, a secretary to deal with admin, contracts etc. The needs of the footballing Dept mainly the manager should be submitted to the Main Hearts Board and I’d expect the Main Board should be made to make the Hearts team a priority as should the FOH. I just don’t know what Joe Savage is doing to improve the players because far too many of them are just not good enough for Hearts with our CEO more involved with non footballing issues. All I want is people who know the game and are prepared to work at making our first team a priority which I believe is needed. 
Am I wrong ?

55 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Good managers improve players,that is a fact,our players seem to go backwards,can you explain that?

Changing the manager would make no difference whatsoever. This squad is dreadfully unbalanced. There is no creativity in the midfield, just a bunch of DMs who get nosebleeds at the thought of passing forwards. 

BRING_BACK_MO_BERTHA
41 minutes ago, aberhill jambo said:

He brought him on against rangers 

see how that went

Ffs, he pulled a jersey after being blocked and conceded a penalty that would NEVER have been given at other end (see todays Dundee example as to how they get everything). And if you think Beni, Grant and Denholm are contributing anymore then that’s complete garbage 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Even Naismith’s little whiny, noncey voice is irritating.

we might as well stick with him though. This board will only appoint some other goon instead. if you can’t see it by now, you never will 

Heading home after what I can only describe as a absolute shambles of a team selection and tactics.

Aberdeen are crap and played the same long ball all day long.

We take the lead and go into retreat mode.

Our midfield is garbage and add to that list tagawa and Vargas as well.

We need to change everything from management to recruitment as this is one of the worst one paced team I've ever had to watch.

Hope the board are given it tight at the AGM on Thursday.

I agree. The summer signings were brought in too late to affect the European "campaign" and with the possible exception of Kent have proved to be worse than what was available in Scottish game. Time to cut out losses on Vargas and Tawgawa. Why we've extended the contract on Boyce is another mystery. Shankland is carrying us. He does twice as much as anyone else in the team (I wouldn't be surprised to find him handing out the pies at halftime 🙂) but he won't stick it for long, he could do a lot better. I think we mistook "dead cat bounce" for Naismith talent at the end of last season. We need a proven management team before a bad start becomes the start of a very bad period.

The lack of midfield playmakers / lack of a right back / wingback is making everyone look worse than they are.

Decent runs are not being picked up and Beni has few options to pass forward to.

Go for it 1308
48 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Not the right time for saying that crap. Enough is enough. Are you having a laugh? How much longer can we support this shit and just watch it happen? As for actually going to the games and give them encouragement...don't get me ****ing started on that one!  

2 hours ago, vladisacoward said:

I had no idea why anyone would say this and events haven’t helped alter any thoughts on it. 

I've no why idea why you've bothered to reply.

What's the point?

1 hour ago, R08813 said:

Think this post lacks quite a lot of perspective. Most people on this forum will have poured hundreds, if not thousands into the club and there has been a general malaise for years that seems to be beyond the capabilities of our current board to address. It’s quite justifiable to vent frustrations and call for something different.

Yep, thousands poured in by many fans. And in James Anderson’s case, many millions. So the frustration at the current state of affairs is justifiable.

That’s a Hearts team with no guts, no drive, no personality, no leadership, no determination, no togetherness.

And that’s before we even start on shocking lack of quality in every department.

Depressing, and no apparent recognition of it by those running the club and making the big decisions means it’s not changing anytime soon.

Shambles. The substitutions should be detailed by the manager, he should be made to explain his thought process and choices.

That second half was brutal, we weren't much better in the first half but we go in ahead. To me it should be at half time noticing that we are maybe fortunate to be ahead but if we actually play the game on them they'll collapse. 

So out they come clearly trying to sit on it after the break and waltz home with 3 points and then after conceding it was pretty much well we'll just take a point down the road. 

Tactically inept and the performance is so worrying as its now a majority of the players who appear to be going through the motions. We deserved nothing today other than that last minute loser, apathy setting in yet again. 

**** off Hearts that was terrible. 

3 hours ago, Ked said:

Please i8?

Please.

Sometimes you have good insight into the game .

But you spoil it with that pish.

Unfortunately he’s not far wrong. Blunt, harsh and with a hint of underlying misogyny perhaps but the hotel and the ladies team both seem to be getting the attention the need. The men’s team though had been handed to a YTS trainee who is yet to sit his exams. Shankland will be gone in the window, his absence will be a huge issue. I wish we had more ambition than this but given where we are I’d be handing funds to Derek McInnes to sort this out. Think the problems are far far deeper but that will at least shore up the first team. 

vladisacoward
42 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Unfortunately he’s not far wrong. Blunt, harsh and with a hint of underlying misogyny perhaps but the hotel and the ladies team both seem to be getting the attention the need. The men’s team though had been handed to a YTS trainee who is yet to sit his exams. Shankland will be gone in the window, his absence will be a huge issue. I wish we had more ambition than this but given where we are I’d be handing funds to Derek McInnes to sort this out. Think the problems are far far deeper but that will at least shore up the first team. 

Underlying misogyny? Jesus wept. In amongst the ongoing debacle that is the current state of HMFC you’re worrying about the latest woke inanity? 

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

That’s a Hearts team with no guts, no drive, no personality, no leadership, no determination, no togetherness.

And that’s before we even start on shocking lack of quality in every department.

Depressing, and no apparent recognition of it by those running the club and making the big decisions means it’s not changing anytime soon.

It was purely the second half performance for me that's the frustration 

We weren't great, but if you look at our results, up there in recent times, going in one nil up at half time wasn't a disaster 

It was almost like when Miosvki scored early in the second half the players completely lost their nerve, and that  is not acceptable. 

Can't even complain. The sheep were absolutely dire but deserved to win the game. Why? Because as much as there were 2 teams playing dire stuff in the 2nd half, there was only one team looking to win the game, and frustratingly, we weren't that team 

Naismith seemingly going tonto at full time. Whether the message hits home with some of the lightweights of players that we are carrying, and in that dressing room, is another story 

Very very frustrating all round 

3 hours ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Not the right time for saying that crap. Enough is enough. Are you having a laugh? How much longer can we support this shit and just watch it happen? As for actually going to the games and give them encouragement...don't get me ****ing started on that one!  

Don't get you started ? What exactley are you going to do ? Try being a Hearts supporter for once in your miserable life, instead of not seeing reality.

3 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Aye, the team is shite because of the fans.  

Enjoy your night clapping at the tv.  👏👏👏

Enjoy your night Hating yourself,try being a Hearts Supporter, instead of just a Hearts fan. One day you'll learn the difference,

4 hours ago, R08813 said:

Yes Pal, and at just about 10.30 PM I'm just home from Aberdeen. Don't talk about perspective, I'm 64 years old, I'm tired, I'm sad we lost today, But I'm proud I followed my team, Will that do. ?

And yes over the past 45/50 years I've spent money on HMFC, and I will continue to do. 

Edited by whodanny

Sorry but expected us to lose today even when 1 0 up, why cos I have been going since 1970 and well that's why.

Decades go by feck all changes apart from 1 or  2 reasonable seasons. But still a fan, always will be.

Edited by Turkishcap

1 minute ago, Turkishcap said:

Sorry but expected us to lose today even when 1 0 up, why cos I have been going since 1970 and well that's why.

I understand what you are saying, but we did not deal with the fact that the Sheep wanted it more than us, I will not stop following HMFC because of that.

1 minute ago, whodanny said:

I understand what you are saying, but we did not deal with the fact that the Sheep wanted it more than us, I will not stop following HMFC because of that.

Agree.

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Enjoy your night Hating yourself,try being a Hearts Supporter, instead of just a Hearts fan. One day you'll learn the difference,

What a weird post, why would I be hating myself?  Glad you’re proud of yourself though, well done.  To be fair, anyone that went up to to watch that dross in that weather deserves a medal, as well as getting their sanity checked. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

What a weird post, why would I be hating myself?  Glad you’re proud of yourself though, well done.  To be fair, anyone that went up to to watch that dross in that weather deserves a medal, as well as getting their sanity checked. 

I don't want a medal mate it's not a big deal. I went to Aberdeen early this morning to see my beloved club play football. It didn' happen. That's life as a Jambo. I'm home, warm. fed and having a wee drink watching a Rolling Stones concert. Sharing a bottle of red with my wonderful 22 year old daughter. She loves Hearts, and much of the music her Mum and Dad loved. I will follow Hearts next week too. Why ? Because I love Hearts. I'm not too happy about today, But the best thing I can do to help Hearts is ... Keep supporting my club when I can, and when I can afford it.

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, whodanny said:

I don't want a medal mate it's not a big deal. I went to Aberdeen early this morning to see my beloved club play football. It didn' happen. That's life as a Jambo. I'm home, warm. fed and having a wee drink watching a Rolling Stones concert. Sharing a bottle of red with my wonderful 22 year old daughter. She loves Hearts, and much of the music her Mum and Dad loved. I will follow Hearts next week too. Why ? Because I love Hearts. I'm not too happy about today, But the best thing I can do to help Hearts is ... Keep supporting my club when I can, and when I can afford it.

It is allowed to support them and be pissed off at the same time.  We’re an absolute shambles on the pitch at the moment, almost everyone can see that so I’m not sure why you feel the need to have a pop at fellow Jambos for rightly expressing their concerns at the state of this current team.  

Enjoy your bottle of red, sounds like a much more enjoyable evening than your afternoon. 

3 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Similar. Just thawed out. 3 tickets, 3 suppers and petrol money at this time of year was a sore one. Wee ones getting a couple of signatures - priceless. A large whisky mac thrust into my paw with strict instructions of "get that down ye" - hey ho.

3 hours ago, longmalx said:

The lack of midfield playmakers / lack of a right back / wingback is making everyone look worse than they are.

Decent runs are not being picked up and Beni has few options to pass forward to.

Ehmm Beni doesn't do forward passes, sorry.

3 minutes ago, Berrassobad said:

Similar. Just thawed out. 3 tickets, 3 suppers and petrol money at this time of year was a sore one. Wee ones getting a couple of signatures - priceless. A large whisky mac thrust into my paw with strict instructions of "get that down ye" - hey ho.

And yes my friend get it down ye. Cheers to you and all your friends, and all Jambos who went up there today. To follow our club. Enjoy your drink my friend. Following HMFC is important to me, I won't be at the next away. But I'll be in my seat on the 23rd. 'mon the Hearts !

10 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It is allowed to support them and be pissed off at the same time.  We’re an absolute shambles on the pitch at the moment, almost everyone can see that so I’m not sure why you feel the need to have a pop at fellow Jambos for rightly expressing their concerns at the state of this current team.  

Enjoy your bottle of red, sounds like a much more enjoyable evening than your afternoon. 

Who's having a Pop  ? Really ? Don't be so paranoid man, I'm a Hearts supporter, you are too, I'm not having a go, all I'm saying is Support your Club, Don't let go Man !

5 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

I never thought I would see the day Hearts would score in a tough venue to go one up and I had absolutely no reaction.  Not a "Yes;" nothing, silence, no emotion, and I can safely say it's the first time ever, in almost 70 years man and boy supporting Hearts.  THE most unemotional goal ever.

I just knew, not only that we'd lose but lose like a disorganised bunch of no hopes.  The passing was woeful.  The tackling, apart from the back three was woeful and, with contracts coming up, any decent player can see no incentive bar money to stay.

We are a rudderless ship!  I think the decent players will seriously consider their position.  

You're right about  no longer celebrating a goal.  I'm normally on my feet and scaring the missus, but no reaction to the goals scored in our previous games and today I knew that Shanks goal didn't mean we'd go onto score again.

How sad and concerning that is from a fan that can normally be reduced to tears just hearing the Hearts song at the start of our home games.

When there's no passion from the team then there's no passion shown by the fans.

That'll do me tonight, a night of a few drinks and the music we love with My wife, my daughter and me.  Hearts, Hearts Glorious Hearts. And Only Hearts !!.

Edited by whodanny

5 hours ago, Ked said:

That's the mark.

Although I'd say Shankland had improved since he signed.

Yes,the only one,more to do with shankland rather than the coaching.

14 minutes ago, Berrassobad said:

You guys are the backbone of our club.  Yes we will always support our club, but we have to get something back and at the  moment we're not.

Anyway I take my hat off to you.

4 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Changing the manager would make no difference whatsoever. This squad is dreadfully unbalanced. There is no creativity in the midfield, just a bunch of DMs who get nosebleeds at the thought of passing forwards. 

Disagree,leave it there.