Booing Baningime Backpasses

BackOfTheNet

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What is up , is you are patently not seeing the good things he does and playing him down . He did a lot more than that , but you are in some kind of negative loop where you are convincing yourself that he is not playing well . No idea why you are wanting to do that , or if you even realise that is what you are doing 

Oh I watch him intently, probably more than any other player waiting to see the talent he undoubtably has. he was poor against St. Johnstone. Didn't play forward balls s good midfielder would have played, almost like he's forgotten how to turn. I want him to display the energy and quality he has. I don't want to watch him receive a ball and simply play it back or to the side 9 time out of 10, then when he's played move between two opponents where he can't receive a ball and do anything other than play it back. 

But hey thanks for looking in and advising me about my psychology, do you want a fee?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Star Lizard

• Bazzas right boot

• Agentjambo

• TheBigO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, H2 said:

Oh I watch him intently, probably more than any other player waiting to see the talent he undoubtably has. he was poor against St. Johnstone. Didn't play forward balls s good midfielder would have played, almost like he's forgotten how to turn. I want him to display the energy and quality he has. I don't want to watch him receive a ball and simply play it back or to the side 9 time out of 10, then when he's played move between two opponents where he can't receive a ball and do anything other than play it back. 

But hey thanks for looking in and advising me about my psychology, do you want a fee?

No not really . You clearly have eyes that are painted on and I would not want to get the blame for your complete lack of understanding :) 

Just now, Sooks said:

How do you think a player gets fit enough to play ? I was only joking about the robotics but now I suspect you really do think players are machines that you just turn on and off 

Was pretty much the same last season,and the season before that at Vissel.

IMG_3609.thumb.png.808f68a0a6b5befa12417f209dd59106.pngIMG_3610.thumb.png.d72583eb46671906cabbb6341af07e5b.png

On 26/11/2023 at 10:50, BackOfTheNet said:

Although we could/should have been on the front foot more and had more pace about our game, the loud vociferous booing when Baningime played a back pass was stupidly over the top. One of them he was facing his own goal to start with and didn’t know what was behind him for crying out loud.

So, the booers: Naive fans not knowing how football works, or impatient imbeciles venting? Discuss…

I feel like we are going back to the blaming a hammer for not being a paintbrush argument. 

Beni is fantastic at what he does. That’s 94% pass accuracy, receiving and  carrying the ball up the pitch, keeping us ticking. 

Even when we had Rudi and Hartley, we still needed Brellier. 

Beni brings the balance and makes those around him better. 

if the forward pass isn’t on, it isn’t on. We wanting to go back to the days of Robbie’s aimless punts to the inside right channel every single play?

7 minutes ago, CMc said:

I feel like we are going back to the blaming a hammer for not being a paintbrush argument. 

Beni is fantastic at what he does. That’s 94% pass accuracy, receiving and  carrying the ball up the pitch, keeping us ticking. 

Even when we had Rudi and Hartley, we still needed Brellier. 

Beni brings the balance and makes those around him better. 

if the forward pass isn’t on, it isn’t on. We wanting to go back to the days of Robbie’s aimless punts to the inside right channel every single play?

Thats the problem,we haven’t got a Rudi or Hartley 😢

21 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I think Newy can absolutely be creative.  Let's revisit this in a few months on that front.

He played one blind pass inside on Saturday instead of the easy one out wide which put us 3 on 2ish (which we then effed up of course).  He has that in his locker.  He generally always looks to pass forward then follow the ball.  I have a feeling the lad is currently a bit undervalued by our support and is going to be very good for us.  He's as close as we've had to a number 8 in quite a while.

Agreed

20 hours ago, TheBigO said:

There's an issue there. The football we saw under Naisy tailend of last season (other than St M first half) was genuinely great to watch.  Front foot, direct, pressing style.  But almost all his games (other than St M!!) were against teams you can kinda do that against.

That style simply doesn't work against St J at home, or Livvy, or Killie away or any of these games.  I think we started the season with two things - injuries! and the thought we could play like this every week.  What happened was we soon found out that you need space to do it and in this league, you're playing against a brick wall most weeks.  We reverted to safe, meaningless passing.

What has changed in the last few games has been us still playing the ball deep, but with much more purpose.  If you watch close enough, you can see we're trying to probe and move teams around.  We were using our LCB and RCB well (Kye especially) as an attacking outlet too.  But then St J stopped that on Sat and we needed to work that one out.  We're using our WBs pretty well - we'll be better when Nat is back.

It's a massive difference to how we played under Robbie if you ask me.  That said "how we played under Robbie" was largely pretty succesful and at times there was a very good football on show.  It got away from him, but 90% of his time with us was well above average.

Teams set up like this against us.  These games will rarely be exciting.  Not really.  We've lacked an early goal against Livvy and St J.  Both games we could have had an early goal.  That comes, we'll see the team find space and punish teams.  The first 15-20 mins on Saturday flew by - we were playing really nice stuff and just couldn't find that final punch.

So swashbuckling!?  Not even Celtic are swashbuckling mate - look at them against a Motherwell team we quite easily put away.

Very good post.   

On 26/11/2023 at 11:00, Sooks said:

We have some really grim fans . Booing your own players is idiotic and doing it when they complete a pass to their team mate is even more stupid 

in a nutshell

I'm honestly not sure how many people watched or remember Beni's pre-injury games. People think because Beni is a good player & plays in midfield that he'll be the main man making us tick, popping through balls in behind their back line for the striker to run on to. That's not his game, it was never his game, nor is it his role in the team. Yes, he'll do it occasionally but his number one job is break up their attacks which he does immaculately, then secondly it's to make sure we stay in possession of the ball again which we can't have any complaints about.

The backpass in question probably was the wrong option but the reaction was ott, Grant or Lowry need to get a bit closer to him & try to drag their midfield up the park a bit to create the space in behind that's a bigger issue than Beni playing a safe pass backwards.

6 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

I'm honestly not sure how many people watched or remember Beni's pre-injury games. People think because Beni is a good player & plays in midfield that he'll be the main man making us tick, popping through balls in behind their back line for the striker to run on to. That's not his game, it was never his game, nor is it his role in the team. Yes, he'll do it occasionally but his number one job is break up their attacks which he does immaculately, then secondly it's to make sure we stay in possession of the ball again which we can't have any complaints about.

The backpass in question probably was the wrong option but the reaction was ott, Grant or Lowry need to get a bit closer to him & try to drag their midfield up the park a bit to create the space in behind that's a bigger issue than Beni playing a safe pass backwards.

Yes exactly.

We need at least one additional quality midfielder to play alongside him and/or Hoff (if he's going to be good enough)

Devlin is good backup and they can be rotated against the 'lesser' teams. Devlin can then slot in alongside him against the OF and when need a bit more steel in midfield.

Edited by Bad Religion

Keeping possession and recycling the ball, one nil up with ten to go against a stuffy, well drilled Levein team, being booed vociferously from a sizable chunk of our support, reminded me of just how much some of the support I share a stadium with embarrass me. 

Absolute spanners.