Time for change

Ronald Villiers

Broxburn Jambo
4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Never gonna happen because we are 4th in the league a couple of points of 3rd and his whole idea is nonsense and not required.

It may have been the most ridiculous thing posted on the entire Internet this week.

Are you agreeing? Bazzas

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Ronald Villiers

• Pete Elliott

• Ked

3 league wins on the bounce for first time in nearly 2 years and folk want to change the management! Its not going to happen, whether we like it or not Naismith is here to try build something that isn't going to happen over night. As things stand we are 4th, had a cup semi final and in with a decent chance of being 3rd by the time we get to the winter break. Massive period for him and Hearts, but with some of the injured players coming back there is an opportunity to kick on. Big game at Killie next week, get 3 points and we will be in a very good place especially with Hibs playing the sheep, one or both will drop points. Those 2 sides are the threat for 3rd IMO. 

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

3 league wins on the bounce for first time in nearly 2 years and folk want to change the management! Its not going to happen, whether we like it or not Naismith is here to try build something that isn't going to happen over night. As things stand we are 4th, had a cup semi final and in with a decent chance of being 3rd by the time we get to the winter break. Massive period for him and Hearts, but with some of the injured players coming back there is an opportunity to kick on. Big game at Killie next week, get 3 points and we will be in a very good place especially with Hibs playing the sheep, one or both will drop points. Those 2 sides are the threat for 3rd IMO. 

Agreed. Come March it’ll be us, Aberdeen and Hibs battling it out for 3rd.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I've said it for a long while, if you dont get the goal you want in the first 20 mins against these teams, it becomes a long process. Rather than abuse the manager you have to question our appalling % of chances taken. Several in the first 20 minutes, the St Johnstone recovery through the middle of the first half spooked us a bit, though we had recovered the hold on the game by half time, St Johnstone again started well 2nd half.

Other teams will play decent football at times regardless of league position. 

Quite simply we take more chances these calls of boring will disappear as a game opens up, when you take your chances.

On 25/11/2023 at 17:34, Ronald Villiers said:

I think it's time for a clear out.  Use the model that the Scottish Rugby Union use and bring through our own talent like Pollock, Neilson, Denholm, Smith, Kirk and Sandilands (sure there's others).  Push the boat out and bring in a few quality players in the remaining positions where we don't have our homegrown talent, who will bring these players on.  It may be a difficult season or 2 but so what.   

It's time your doctor changed your medication I think! 

51 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

I think Beni summed it up on Saturday when he told everyone to calm the F down.

Its not easy playing some of the teams at home when they camp 10 behind the ball and leave little space. These are the types of games we miss McKay who can thread a ball through no one else sees. But we need to be patient in them as inevitably we will create chances. If we score early or get the penalty its a different game and likely ends 2 or 3-0 as they have to open up. We need to stick with it IMO, I can see signs of improvement in the way we play and I think if we can get a couple of decent bodies in during January and not lose anyone of note we could hit the ground running after Xmas break especially if we can get Gordon and Halkett fit and playing, will be like a couple of new signings. 

If we don’t get anything Sat then our next points will be Xmas Eve. Our record against the OF and Sheep away is criminal 

Naismith may well be under huge pressure by then 

Edited by PTBCAL

Ronald Villiers
5 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It's time your doctor changed your medication I think! 

Awrite, I'll pay him a visit, thanks for the advice.  In the meantime, what's your advice on how the club can move forward smart arse?   

9 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Awrite, I'll pay him a visit, thanks for the advice.  In the meantime, what's your advice on how the club can move forward smart arse?   

Probably by continuing to win games. 

You know, like we have just done for 2 on the bounce. 

Ronald Villiers
4 hours ago, tian447 said:

Probably by continuing to win games. 

You know, like we have just done for 2 on the bounce. 

Three actually.

On 27/11/2023 at 15:34, PTBCAL said:

If we don’t get anything Sat then our next points will be Xmas Eve. Our record against the OF and Sheep away is criminal 

Considering Jambo in Hamilton used you as a backup for his credentials I’m inclined to take this with a pinch of salt.

Just now, Vlad Magic said:

Considering Jambo in Hamilton used you as a backup for his credentials I’m inclined to take this with a pinch of salt.

He hasn’t posted in a while.

Perhaps ask him why seeing as there is obviously a relationship of sorts?

According to him anyway.

That’s the spirit, hopefully Naismith and the players are feeling just as positive. 😂

We_are_the_Hearts

And this is why decisions and judgements should be made after 11, 22 or 33 games, when everyone has played everyone.

Bazzas right boot

Almost seems like you are hoping for this to play out.

Even when we are winning,  it seems some posters can't wait for defeats to start the "OOT" patter again.

We will get beat and we won't win every game, this cannot be news to folk.