Time for change

Ronald Villiers

Ronald Villiers

I think it's time for a clear out.  Use the model that the Scottish Rugby Union use and bring through our own talent like Pollock, Neilson, Denholm, Smith, Kirk and Sandilands (sure there's others).  Push the boat out and bring in a few quality players in the remaining positions where we don't have our homegrown talent, who will bring these players on.  It may be a difficult season or 2 but so what.   

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Ronald Villiers

• Pete Elliott

• Ked

alicante jambo

Seen enough of denholm and neilson. Neilson should be given a chance get him in there but denholm isnt good enough. Living the dream but just not good enough. Btw i would get rid of 5 or 6 of the players we have the now.

3 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

I think it's time for a clear out.  Use the model that the Scottish Rugby Union use and bring through our own talent like Pollock, Neilson, Denholm, Smith, Kirk and Sandilands (sure there's others).  Push the boat out and bring in a few quality players in the remaining positions where we don't have our homegrown talent, who will bring these players on.  It may be a difficult season or 2 but so what.   

I agree with you in in some ways thing is are those youngsters up to playing at a higher level surly Naismith more than anyone must know their capabilities but they are not getting the chance what does that tell you ? Still think the jury is out on the likes of oda Vargas and tagawa 

10 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

“It may be a difficult season or 2 but so what“

Given you wet your pants after a victory I fail to see your logic.

Filed under ‘Absolute elite roaster’.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Which Smith?

Agree we should be bringing in more home grown talent otherwise our academy is a waste of money. Why does it need to be a clear out though? Have a core squad and make an effort to feed in more youth squad players as they progress. Newcastle put two youth squad players on against Chelsea today to get some experience.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Ked said:

Winning is everything.

At half time I was asking the same.

Just keep winning.

Away record improvement.

Keep winning.

It was shite today but that’s 3 league wins in a row and some our best players on their way back from injury (Gordon, Halket, McKay plus the much improved Atkinson), no need for the Tenna pants yet. 

Pasquale for King

Theres barely a Scot in the Rugby team or the two professional teams. But we definitely need to do better in bringing through our own players. 

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

It was shite today but that’s 3 league wins in a row and some our best players on their way back from injury (Gordon, Halket, McKay plus the much improved Atkinson), no need for the Tenna pants yet. 

We also played some excellent stuff in the first 20 minutes or so and should probably have been ahead. Granted St Johnstone are one of the worst sides in the league but there are tiny little hints of progress being made, it's up to Naismith to expand on that now and get them playing like that in longer spells. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Hopefully. 

I wouldn't pin much success through Mckay though.

Imo it's a mentality thing and winning always helps.

My concern is application.

First ten looked hungry then because there was no joy the arse fell oot us.

3 points again and building .

Hopefully 😄

2 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

We also played some excellent stuff in the first 20 minutes or so and should probably have been ahead. Granted St Johnstone are one of the worst sides in the league but there are tiny little hints of progress being made, it's up to Naismith to expand on that now and get them playing like that in longer spells. 

We did .

First 10-15 

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, Ked said:

Hopefully. 

Hopefully 😄

McKay goes missing in the big games but this is the kind of game he tends to excel in. 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
39 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Put that bevvy down son, that’s absolutely plenty for you. 

“Difficult season or 2 but so what” 😂😂

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, Ked said:

Hopefully. 

Hopefully 😄

Incredible that some of our fans still can’t see what McKay does. His very existence on the pitch creates space for others, attracts 2/3 players at a time, can skip past and finds the killer pass.

oh but he doesn’t tackle. Oh but he’s not brilliant for 90 mins every game.  

Well if he was he’d be no where ****ing near hearts. Levels above 

The thread title reminded me of when Owen Hart was in the Nation of Domination. Other than that, the original post is absolutely pointless.

The Woodsheaf
37 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Seen enough of denholm and neilson. Neilson should be given a chance get him in there but denholm isnt good enough. Living the dream but just not good enough. Btw i would get rid of 5 or 6 of the players we have the now.

Is that the Denholm that played RWB for Scotland U21's through the week, or a different guy?

1 minute ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

The OP would be frothing at the mouth calling for us to sack the board, manager, and tea lady if we did what he suggested and then made things worse.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

Aye, let's just scrap the next two or three seasons and take a punt on the yooof in order to....

Try and Finish 3rd

Why not try now when we are 4th and 2 points behind, is that too much hard work?

So play our Lowland League team and see what happens? Do we then make new signings when we’re in the championship next season or just keep going with it?

None of the players mentioned are anywhere near even back up. We gonna pull Neilson back from a loan he's doing well at, drop a better defender for no reason, and throw him in. Absolutely mental. Our form is pretty decent, 3rd, 4th, and 3rd again (in progress I know, but imo we are favourites), would be our most consistent set of league finishes for 20 years. Even 3rd, 4th and 4th would be. 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye, let's just scrap the next two or three seasons and take a punt on the yooof in order to....

Try and Finish 3rd

Why not try now when we are 4th and 2 points behind, is that too much hard work?

Yeh incredible logic right there 😂

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, The Woodsheaf said:

Is that the Denholm that played RWB for Scotland U21's through the week, or a different guy?

Playing for Scotland U21s is never an indicator of whether a player is good enough to play top 6 SPFL.  Been plenty played there before only to find their level at Cowdenbeath, Albion Rovers, etc.  Time will tell, he’s young enough but wasn’t good enough when he got his chances at the start of the season, wasn’t ready. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

Yeh incredible logic right there 😂

Imagine watching your team win for the 3rd time in a row, sitting 4th and thinking.....

Let's scrap the lot and start again.

Then typing it out.

56 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

It’s awful winning three on the trot eh?

The Woodsheaf
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Playing for Scotland U21s is never an indicator of whether a player is good enough to play top 6 SPFL.  Been plenty played there before only to find their level at Cowdenbeath, Albion Rovers, etc.  Time will tell, he’s young enough but wasn’t good enough when he got his chances at the start of the season, wasn’t ready. 

Very true. The list of players at Hearts alone who hadn't progressed despite U21 recognition is a long one... I'm merely suggesting that, in the very week he's picked up the honour, that someone suggesting they'd seen enough is mistaken, as you allude to. 

The Treasurer
57 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

I take it you don't read JKB very often. Two weeks of difficult results and this place is in meltdown, can't imagine what it would be like after two years 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye, best thing to do is **** everything up and create more problems just for the banter.

Kin you stop talking shite. Yes we win superb. But let’s not get carried away. Performance night and day where we should be. If you disagree I’m happy for you.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Kin you stop talking shite. Yes we win superb. But let’s not get carried away. Performance night and day where we should be. If you disagree I’m happy for you.

It's good we only won 1-0, it let's the goon squad continue to build up the rage while the rest that understand football enjoy a hard fought win and the momentum we are building.

Win/ win

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Ronald Villiers
30 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I take it you don't read JKB very often. Two weeks of difficult results and this place is in meltdown, can't imagine what it would be like after two years 

Been on it for years pal. 

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's good we only won 1-0, it let's the goon squad continue to build up the rage while the rest that understand football enjoy a hard fought win and the momentum we are building.

Win/ win

You understand feck all mate absolute slaver 

Ronald Villiers
50 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

Aye, I've had a couple, not many though and I'll be having more lol.

Ronald Villiers
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

“It may be a difficult season or 2 but so what“

Given you wet your pants after a victory I fail to see your logic.

Filed under ‘Absolute elite roaster’.

Not wetting my pants ya clown.  Fail to see my logic?  You sound like a wee c**k end!  Nae need to get personal wee man.  

Someone may correct me here but I think one of Naismiths issues with playing the youngsters is if they’re in too many 1st team squads they’re no longer eligible for the B team which is more detrimental to their progress. That said I don’t think any are near a first team place maybe a few coming through from the younger levels Matt Gilles, Wilson and possibly Kirk but I’m sure there’s others better qualified than me to pass the judgement.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

You understand feck all mate absolute slaver 

Raging Hearts won, aye?

I understand that we don't need a change and writing of the next couple of seasons is utter nonsense.

I also know I'm not your mate.

That's 3 things I know more than you, so pipe down and go and argue with someone else.

Ronald Villiers
1 hour ago, Nessjambo67 said:

I agree with you in in some ways thing is are those youngsters up to playing at a higher level surly Naismith more than anyone must know their capabilities but they are not getting the chance what does that tell you ? Still think the jury is out on the likes of oda Vargas and tagawa 

If we look at the days where we relied on youth due to administration, we saw that a few players were eventually decent.  Not all of them were successful and it was a big step up for them.  But look at Walker, Paterson, Nicholson, King etc.  Other teams have successfully done it, albeit with a a couple of dire seasons. Naismith will know these guys capabilities but is maybe unwilling to take the gamble.

16 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Raging Hearts won, aye?

I understand that we don't need a change and writing of the next couple of seasons is utter nonsense.

I also know I'm not your mate.

That's 3 things I know more than you, so pipe down and go and argue with someone else.

You’re certainly not a mate I agree. 

who is raging it was a much needed 3 points .

but you are a slaver, this side has a long way to go to convince many Hearts fans they can go on and achieve something.

I like Naisy but his interviews are just the usual pish we had from previous incumbents