Dublin Stabbings

JyTees

2 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Thanks for that. I hope you're managing to behave yourself...

His lovely pair of new trainers and 4K TV were purchases in the Black Friday Sales...honest. 

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Ulysses

• Sooks

• il Duce McTarkin

That thing you do
3 minutes ago, New Town Loafer said:

Open borders are a complete disaster for multiple reasons, one of which is people come from completely alien cultures that have no respect for the host culture. That then sets off conflict.

Another is that when taking people from war zones, we like to assume they are all friendly, happy-go-lucky people, when plenty of them have severe mental health issues as a result of war. That’s before we even consider their lack of comparability with western society.

GP places, housing, schools etc. all get put under severe pressure by open borders, too, and ‘build more housing’ isn’t the answer.

All those multiple reasons still come down to poor government policy, planning, funding and decision making though.

You have to put people through a process or they bring their norms and apply them on the local people.

2 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Good post.

The poor cause chaos for decades but one guy who's been here for 20 years does similar and it's all immigrants now...

Poverty is the problem not immigration. 

The kids were stabbed because of poverty? 

3 minutes ago, New Town Loafer said:

Open borders are a complete disaster for multiple reasons, one of which is people come from completely alien cultures that have no respect for the host culture. That then sets off conflict.

Another is that when taking people from war zones, we like to assume they are all friendly, happy-go-lucky people, when plenty of them have severe mental health issues as a result of war. That’s before we even consider their lack of comparability with western society.

GP places, housing, schools etc. all get put under severe pressure by open borders, too, and ‘build more housing’ isn’t the answer.

It doesn't help that we've bombed or had some indirect contribution to their countries war and they hate western culture. 

2 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

It doesn't help that we've bombed or had some indirect contribution to their countries war and they hate western culture. 

Yep . It also doesn’t help that we have let hundreds of thousands of immigrants into Western European countries unchecked who are on record as saying they want to wipe out western culture 

40 minutes ago, Boab said:

Great post, mate.

If there’s one thread that’ll make the xenophobes look even more ridiculous than they already are..this is it !

It’s certainly an improvement on his anti Catholic posting yesterday . 

4 hours ago, FWJ said:

I’d imagine it’s this …

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stardust_fire

I remember it at the time, can’t believe it’s over 40 years ago.

My thanks to Ulysses as well.

I don't think I've ever commented on the Stardust on JKB.  It's a very big deal here, but probably not such big news abroad.  But Siobhan Kearney showed a lot of courage yesterday, IMO.  She was taking a break from giving evidence about her brother's tragic death and then intervened to confront a man with a weapon and protect kids.  That takes guts.

8 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

All those multiple reasons still come down to poor government policy, planning, funding and decision making though.

You have to put people through a process or they bring their norms and apply them on the local people.

Not to say I agree or disagree but some would say the poor government policy is in the volume allowed to migrate into a country. 

Personally I have some objection to the idea that it's entirely incumbent on a host state to ensure those that willingly move here are willing to integrate. 

You're also starting from a position here that Ireland and the UK offer nothing. I can't verify if that is the case but do you know this to be true? 

10 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

The kids were stabbed because of poverty? 

He blames everything on “ poverty “ 😂

il Duce McTarkin
3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Wee jamesy the serial-clipe strikes again.

The hypocrisy of some preaching tolerance of immigrants yet writing bigoted comments about others cultures  . Filing it under “  you couldn’t make it up “ 

2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I don't think I've ever commented on the Stardust on JKB.  It's a very big deal here, but probably not such big news abroad.  But Siobhan Kearney showed a lot of courage yesterday, IMO.  She was taking a break from giving evidence about her brother's tragic death and then intervened to confront a man with a weapon and protect kids.  That takes guts.

I worked with a woman who had been tangentially involved in the forensic identification of the remains.

It seems like there’s a lot of ‘stuff’ surrounding the case.

2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

....I’m looking to buy Barbra Streisand autobiography but it’s like £35 😂

There might be more trouble tonight.  I'll see if I can get you a copy. :ninja:

Just now, Ulysses said:

There might be more trouble tonight.  I'll see if I can get you a copy. :ninja:

Yes please 🙏 😂 ( Tesco has it for £18) 

IMG_7075.gif

7 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

A shero 

That thing you do
2 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Not to say I agree or disagree but some would say the poor government policy is in the volume allowed to migrate into a country. 

Personally I have some objection to the idea that it's entirely incumbent on a host state to ensure those that willingly move here are willing to integrate. 

You're also starting from a position here that Ireland and the UK offer nothing. I can't verify if that is the case but do you know this to be true? 

I do know it to be true.

Me and the Mrs registered as residents in Berlin: Cultural Classes, Language Classes and opportunities to meet locals all offered and taken up, and all free.

Mrs came to UK: We had to do English classes for her at her expense, the home office lost her passport for 7 months and we needed an intervention of the local MSP to get it back.

Theres a big difference in both scenarios. A student I taught years ago who is from Afghanistan his family escaped the Taliban and moved to Germany. Between the brothers they have 4 degrees, they speak German, they integrate and love it there. But they were shown how to live there and given the support needed to thrive.

The UK when in the EU did none of that. I can speak for the Irish Government though.

Nucky Thompson
9 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It's tongue in cheek James :biggrin2:

il Duce McTarkin
4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

The hypocrisy of some preaching tolerance of immigrants yet writing bigoted comments about others cultures  . Filing it under “  you couldn’t make it up “ 

There's no way that you're this thick.

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

It's tongue in cheek James :biggrin2:

I’m sure if I posted it there would be an uproar . “ tongue in cheek “ ? My ass 😎

Jeffros Furios
14 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Its disgusting James .. a vile bigot 

:jj:

2 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

I do know it to be true.

Me and the Mrs registered as residents in Berlin: Cultural Classes, Language Classes and opportunities to meet locals all offered and taken up, and all free.

Mrs came to UK: We had to do English classes for her at her expense, the home office lost her passport for 7 months and we needed an intervention of the local MSP to get it back.

Theres a big difference in both scenarios. A student I taught years ago who is from Afghanistan his family escaped the Taliban and moved to Germany. Between the brothers they have 4 degrees, they speak German, they integrate and love it there. But they were shown how to live there and given the support needed to thrive.

The UK when in the EU did none of that. I can speak for the Irish Government though.

I'll give you the English classes but the passport **** up is just bad luck. 

I agree the offering of classes would be a good thing for sure but I'm assuming it's only ever an offer rather than compelled? I know there are funds in the UK for English tuition but not sure to whom they're extended.

Of course these programmes alone haven't meant that Germany is free of issues regarding immigration either. Again though I think it comes down to poor planning for the numbers more than anything. 

1 minute ago, Jeffros Furios said:

It really is . Surprised he’s still allowed a platform . 😎🙏 I’ll light a candle for him at st Mary’s today  before I head for a coffee He clearly needs some spiritual support  

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

So you're saying more often than not it's immigrants doing things and your evidence is 1 murder? A heinous act but not exactly overwhelming proof, unless you can prove that 0 murders of women have happened in Ireland in the same timescale.

In January 2021, a 49-year old woman was walking home from work in Dublin city when she was murdered, stabbed by someone with 30 previous convictions.  He was from the locality, and wasn't named because of his age.  She was a Mongolian immigrant by the name of Urantsetseg Tserendorj.  There were no protests, no riots.  Of course, even though a foreign-born person was involved we don't know for sure that race/nationality was the reason she was attacked.  But then, we don't yet know that about the stabbings yesterday.  There was at least one foreign-born person involved, but until the police investigation makes some progress we don't actually know why it happened.

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law

I support immigration and think it’s made an enormous contribution to Scottish / U.K. life, similarly the reduction in the power wielded by the ‘native’ churches.

But … this concerns me a great deal.

Edit:  Sorry, this is kinda in response to the mention of “low-grade [sic] homophobia”

Edited by FWJ

22 minutes ago, FWJ said:

I worked with a woman who had been tangentially involved in the forensic identification of the remains.

It seems like there’s a lot of ‘stuff’ surrounding the case.

Yep.  Sorry for going off on a tangent, but as @John Findlay noted we're only now having the inquest over 42 years after the fire.  That's not for no reason, if you see what I mean.  There are all sorts of theories as to why, but they're all speculation.

11 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Only eighteen quid?  Get it yourself, FFS. :laugh:

I’m getting it as an Xmas gift 🎁 

16 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I know the Irish can be a bit weird, especially when we're pissed, but when the **** did Ireland annex Stoke-on-poxy-Trent?  :eek: :biggrin:

I love the Irish Craic 😂

41 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

It certainly does. Courageous woman in more ways than one.

12 minutes ago, New Town Loafer said:

Yes, it’s a shame but you can see their frustration. A recent, peaceful march against immigration took place and instead of dialogue the protesters received abuse and tarred with the ‘racist’ and ‘far-right’ brush. It’s inevitable that this would occur at some point, unfortunately.

It’s not inevitable- protesting against immigration- what about it?

What are the immigrants doing that upsets them?

taking jobs they don’t want?

Moving into houses they feel entitled to?

using the education system they don’t use properly or as successfully as the immigrants ?

or using the health service they don’t work to pay taxes for ?

Or is it because of something else… 

34 minutes ago, FWJ said:

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law

I support immigration and think it’s made an enormous contribution to Scottish / U.K. life, similarly the reduction in the power wielded by the ‘native’ churches.

Edit:  Sorry, this is kinda in response to the mention of “low-grade [sic] homophobia”

That was my commment and the homophobia is low grade, its not as bad as myself and friends all were in the 80’s.

It will vanish entirely as the kids grow up .

as it did with my generation.

it dilutes out with the generations .

Dusk_Till_Dawn

As usual, you need to find the middle ground.

The right are ludicrous in their stereotypes and their obsession with using foreigners to apportion blame.

The left are equally terrible at pretending that anything involving minorities/oppressed people is automatically positive and never problematic.

unproductive in a huge and poisonous way 

54 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Concerns me too ! Luckily for the time being there is little influence from religions into legislation. However that could change in the future . 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

21 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

It’s not inevitable- protesting against immigration- what about it?

What are the immigrants doing that upsets them?

taking jobs they don’t want?

Moving into houses they feel entitled to?

using the education system they don’t use properly or as successfully as the immigrants ?

or using the health service they don’t work to pay taxes for ?

Or is it because of something else… 

Do you think an immigrant should be housed before someone who has lived in this country all their days, worked since 16, paid all his/her taxes and never been in trouble with the law.

Not looking for a fight or an argument just an honest question.

There are plenty hard working honest people who who are really struggling but will be well down the pecking order for housing due to immigration.

I understand their frustration.

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

We need more vile bigots imo.

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It really is . Surprised he’s still allowed a platform . 😎🙏 

I won't be for much longer if you keep sneaking off to the kickback plod.

1 hour ago, New Town Loafer said:

Imagine it was us that started these wars... Oh

Murder and indeed all crime in Ireland is on a downwards trend, but immigration is up.

That directly contradicts the ludicrous statements being made on social media and on this thread.

I mean, you could extrapolate from these cold, hard facts that immigration is actually making Ireland safer.
Just look at the huge dip in murder and general crime from 2009-14, the same time period when thousands of Irish fecked off and ran away during the credit crunch.

Maybe all these Irish who abandoned their own country took their crime with them.

:interehjrling:

homicides-in-ireland.jpg

overall-crime-offences-in-ireland.jpg

Net-Migration-in-Ireland-1987-2022-EMN-c

29 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

We need more vile bigots imo.

I think we’ve quite enough.

But then you’re just teasing again, aren’t you?   You scamp.

il Duce McTarkin
3 minutes ago, FWJ said:

How dare you!

:seething:

3 minutes ago, FWJ said:

I think we’ve quite enough.

He’s teasing ?

Went down in my estimations !

:sadrobbo:

37 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Concerns me too ! Luckily for the time being there is little influence from religions into legislation. However that could change in the future . 

It could.  It's not that long since homophobia was common and acceptable, and we can't guarantee that it won't happen again.

7 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

It could.  It's not that long since homophobia was common and acceptable, and we can't guarantee that it won't happen again.

It’s a fear of mine that the very recently won social acceptance and legislation could turn out to be quite fragile.

59 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Do you think an immigrant should be housed before someone who has lived in this country all their days, worked since 16, paid all his/her taxes and never been in trouble with the law.

Not looking for a fight or an argument just an honest question.

There are plenty hard working honest people who who are really struggling but will be well down the pecking order for housing due to immigration.

I understand their frustration.

The housing situation is a mess.

There should be nobody in this country who has done as you said , who should not OWN their own house.

Social housing should be completely reserved for those who absolutely need it.

Nobody should be "entitled" to a house.

the work-buy- own model should be in operation.

Housebuilders profits have soared, yet not enough are being built to bring prices down.

Legislation needs brought in.

Social housing should mostly be time limited in its occupancy to free it up- it should be a temporary state of affairs for most

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, FWJ said:

Sone of these are concerning

20% think it's okay to stone adulterers

30% think it's okay to have more than 1 wife (really, are they mad)

52% think homosexuality should be illegal

47% don't think homosexuals should be allowed to be teachers

39% believe women should always obey their husbands (good luck with that one)

25% want Sharia law in UK

We have a fair way to go to integrate all people together if the above is representative of their feelings and it's going to take years to achieve.

Footballfirst
57 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

The housing situation is a mess.

There should be nobody in this country who has done as you said , who should not OWN their own house.

Social housing should be completely reserved for those who absolutely need it.

Nobody should be "entitled" to a house.

the work-buy- own model should be in operation.

Housebuilders profits have soared, yet not enough are being built to bring prices down.

Legislation needs brought in.

Social housing should mostly be time limited in its occupancy to free it up- it should be a temporary state of affairs for most

I'm sorry but I don't share your thoughts on social housing.

Having been brought up in a "council house" for which my parents paid an affordable rent, I cannot see why that type of housing should ever be viewed as a "temporary state of affairs for most".

The change in approach about council provided housing was brought about by Margaret Thatcher's government and the "right to buy" (at a significant discount) legislation. 

There was nothing wrong with the council rental sector and much of the housing was of decent quality, as demonstrated by so many tenants taking up the discounted offer.   It was political dogma that inspired the country wide shift from rental to ownership and the end results are the inflated prices now seen both for house purchases and rentals.