Dublin Stabbings

JyTees

Malinga the Swinga

Has Humza volunteered Scottish government as mediators yet? No doubt tweeting away, asking for a ceasefire and organising a donation of £750,000 as we speak.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Ulysses

• Sooks

• il Duce McTarkin

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Herbert. said:

You know its going to be spun out to be white people are racist. 

Especially by our First Minister 

4 minutes ago, Sleepy head said:

The thing is. It isn't just uncontrolled immigration, it's citizens feeling screwed over on many fronts. Cost of living, social control ,reduction of public services, political sleaze and corruption and add in the covid years and people are at end of their tether. The police are just a representation of all this to very many people.

Oh and the irish catholic bit.**** right off.

45 minutes ago, R9. said:

Biggest emigrants on the planet moaning at getting immigrants. A shame on the kids if it was a random unprovoked attack on innocent people who were just going about there business who wouldn’t expect this to happen, but P

pot calling the kettle black the Irish calling this a terror attack 🤔

Shame on the kids?  Not a great description . 

Im sure they and their parents are thinking it’s a shame that they have to fight for their lives after being stabbed by a beast 

New Town Loafer
31 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Irish Catholics can't behave themselves. 

I'm sure that a bunch of youngsters looting stores, damaging the tram system, and setting polis cars on fire wll really sort those pesky dark skinned others right out.

The media will brand them ‘far right’ for doing this in the wake of natives being murdered by migrants, but when a black criminal in the States has a fentanyl overdose and dies then rioting is great!

19 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Riots looting just always seems to go to go hand in hand

100 percent mate. All these businesses set up tomorrow for black Friday too such an easy touch to get whatever theyve set out 

Thoughts and prayers with the green brigade. Tough banner for them to write. Or ‘right’ as they’d probably spell it. 

Edited by Zico

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Mr Harris has his own problems. His own officers have no trust in him with over 95% voting against him in vote of confidence earlier this year. Mr Harris refused to resign as he knows better than all his officers.

With guys like him in charge, with morale so low in Irish police force, no surprise public have no confidence in police.

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Yes, you are correct.

There’s a narrative going on right now in Ireland that immigrants are going around the country, totally lawless, due to these incidents.

Doesn’t help when someone of McGregors reach is talking about it being a war though.

Is this really an unreasonable stance though?!! Many are voicing these thoughts throughout European cities.

23 minutes ago, Zico said:

Thoughts and prayers with the green brigade. Tough banner for them to write. Or ‘right’ as they’d probably spell it. 

Beat me to it.  Was just wondering what the banners at CP would say.

40 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Especially by our First Minister 

You need to seriously seek help about the fact that there is a non-white First Minister before you become a tedious, racist bore. 

On second thoughts, don't bother. 

42 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

Was in Paris for a month last month, and must admit I didn’t get that vibe.

not saying all is happy mind

Nice was tense as anything today and yesterday.

I, thankfully, don’t live in Nice but was staying with friends for a couple of nights.

We were glad to get back home this afternoon.

I’ll be even more glad to leave this feckin country soon.

Permanently.

Looks like Ireland's equivalent of Tommys Gang,he might even know some of them from his days raising funds for the bhoys🤔

Edited by ehcaley

Shooter McGavin

Shops looted, lone police officers being chased and attacked by mobs, cars, busses, trams and even a hotel set on fire.

Grim stuff.

49 minutes ago, Zico said:

A quandary if ever there's been one. Which flag to take to the game 🤔

1 hour ago, Sleepy head said:

Oh and the irish catholic bit.**** right off.

Pretty disgraceful comment I felt . 

1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

He’s clearly not reading the room 

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

He’s clearly not reading the room 

Yeah staggeringly tone deaf regardless of whether any part of it is at all accurate. 

4 minutes ago, Pap said:

Stop speculating. Some of us have Algerian relatives in Dublin.

Well if he is your relative  he’s probably the most safe person In Dublin tonight 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

8 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Far right mate. All of us.

I'm a tattooed skin head, I fit the sterotype 😂 

What's sad is the far right are going to gain a lot of support and we're going to look like animals because the government don't give a ****. 

5 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Yeah staggeringly tone deaf regardless of whether any part of it is at all accurate. 

As were your relatives in Musselburgh 🙂

Malinga the Swinga
46 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

You need to seriously seek help about the fact that there is a non-white First Minister before you become a tedious, racist bore. 

On second thoughts, don't bother. 

Think it's Humza who has the problem. I'm not the one who made the racist speech. To be fair, that's just one of his problems. The other is everything he touches turns to shit and that's not because he's non-white, it's because he's ****ing useless.

Ministryofdad
7 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Think it's Humza who has the problem. I'm not the one who made the racist speech. To be fair, that's just one of his problems. The other is everything he touches turns to shit and that's not because he's non-white, it's because he's ****ing useless.

And unelected by the Scottish people. 

Elected by 45,000 snp members. 

26 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

I'm a tattooed skin head, I fit the sterotype 😂 

What's sad is the far right are going to gain a lot of support and we're going to look like animals because the government don't give a ****. 

You don't need to have a skinhead or a tattoo to fit the stereotype nowadays mate. Just be white, and be a bit annoyed when kids are stabbed by immigrants.

I've just watched the Irish commissioner blame far right hooligans for the unrest in Dublin and not one mention of 3 kids and a school teachers wellbeing. 

Just now, JyTees said:

watched the Irish commissioner blame far right hooligans for the unrest in Dublin and not one mention of 3 kids and a school teachers wellbeing

Deflection . 

31 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Nothing quite like protesting something by looting your fellow coutrymen's businesses.

Any excuse to go and nick a pair of trainers for these neds

Exactly. 

Compare the Niddrie thread to this. Quite something. 

31 minutes ago, JyTees said:

You don't need to have a skinhead or a tattoo to fit the stereotype nowadays mate. Just be white, and be a bit annoyed when kids are stabbed by immigrants.

I've just watched the Irish commissioner blame far right hooligans for the unrest in Dublin and not one mention of 3 kids and a school teachers wellbeing. 

They will make excuses for him. This kind of thing is to be expected when you let people in from places that hate non Muslims. 

3 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Has Humza volunteered Scottish government as mediators yet? No doubt tweeting away, asking for a ceasefire and organising a donation of £750,000 as we speak.

3 hours ago, Zico said:

Moan tae fek yooz and others giving it that push point scoring over wee ones getting set about with a knife.

Are you really that thick ?

4 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Well, it's been quite some time since I've had quite as interesting an evening out in the city centre.  :ninja: 

Hung the new tele yet?!  

1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

Hung the new tele yet?!  

Had to leave it behind.  The feckin' buses were cancelled, and there were no taxis.  :th_Rage2:

8 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I will await for postings from our Dublin correspondent.

I'll take that as my cue, cheers. 

Like a lot of people, a lot of what I know is based on news reports.  However, not all of it, as I was in the city centre for several hours earlier this evening.  I was at a social event with former workmates just a couple of hundred metres off O'Connell Street, and only a 5-10 minute walk from where the stabbings took place.  At about 5:30 pm I stopped at a Burger King next to O'Connell Bridge, which is where the rioters burned out a couple of buses later on.

The stabbing incident took place earlier in the afternoon on Parnell Square East, outside an Irish-medium primary school which also houses a childcare facility, when the kids were leaving school at around 1:30 pm.  Apparently a number of passers-by intervened to stop the stabbings and disarm the attacker, including a woman who ran across the street to confront him, and a Deliveroo moped rider who jumped off his bike, took off his helmet and used it to beat the attacker.  The attacker was injured and taken to hospital.  His injuries are described as serious, and he was also arrested. A 5-year old girl and a woman in her 30s were taken to hospital with serious injuries.  Two other children - a boy and a girl - were taken to hospital with more minor injuries, and the boy has since been discharged.  The attacker was earlier described as in his 50s, but later reports say he is in his 40s, and it has been reported that he migrated to Ireland more than 20 years ago and is now a citizen of the State.

A police cordon was put on the street and remained in place for several hours.  Later in the afternoon, a group of protesters gathered at the site of one of the police cordons, at the north end of O'Connell Street.  By any accounts I've read, the group waved some flags and banners with anti-immigration messages, and had what you'd call a noisy but peaceful protest.  After dark (which of course is quite early these days) a much larger group of younger males began to gather at the scene.  It's not clear whether the original protesters stayed there or moved on, but the younger group were not behaving in a peaceful manner, and began to disrupt traffic, pedestrians, and the cross-city tram lines which were close by.  

The police made the decision to press the group away from the cordon, and they temporarily dispersed.  But soon after a much larger group of young males returned to O'Connell Street, and it is from this point on that the property damage and violent behaviour happened as reported in the news.  Most of the incidents happened in a straight line along O'Connell Street and a short distance either side (for scale, think of the stretch of Princes Street from the Mound to Lothian Road).  The big incidents as described in the news were that a couple of cars, a tram car and (I think) 3 buses were set alight, all within a couple of hundred metres of each other.  An attempt was made to break into a hotel at the top of O'Connell Street and to set its reception area on fire.  It seems the logic was that the hotel is being used to house migrants - but as far as I know it's a regular tourist hotel, and its Google and Tripadvisor reviews seem to confirm that.  A number of shops were also looted - and yes, sorry for the cliché, but it was more or less all sportswear, menswear and electrical, with not much danger of the bookshops getting broken into.  There were also reports of a couple of attacks on people who were foreign or who "looked foreign", including at least one Deliveroo rider.

The event I was attending was in a well-protected secure building.  We were advised by police that it would be better to stay where we were until things quietened down, which is what we did.  At around 11, we were let know that things were a lot quieter, but when going home to avoid one or two streets that still had police cordons and if possible to drive rather than walk - in order to avoid occasional groups of teenage males who were engaging in anti-social and harassing behaviour.  The bigger problem at that stage was that the cross-city bus and tram services had been suspended.  I drove out of the city, and it was about as quiet or busy as any other Thursday at that time.

For a bit of context, the area I've described is on the fringe of the poorest, most deprived and most alienated district in Ireland - an area which has been the very essence of poor, drug-ridden, depressed Dublin for over two centuries.  It is gangland central, and I recall one news article from the 90s saying that nearly half of Ireland's property crime could be traced to about 1,000 people living in that district.  And so, not surprisingly, it has more than its fair share of what you'd call neds.  Normally they keep a low enough profile, and most of them couldn't give a crap about immigration or indeed any political topic.  But tonight they got cover for a bit of serious troublemaking, and IMO they took their chance.

It'll be interesting to see how things play out over the next few days.  There might be a bit of replaying or copycat stuff over the next night or two, or it might calm down.  The attack at the school was appalling and shocking, and it's not yet known what the attacker's motivation was.  I have a gut feeling that as the news unfolds it'll turn out that there's more to this than meets the eye, but I have no evidence at all of that and I'm not even sure what makes me think it.  Equally, it's hard to say how much of what went on afterwards was "far right protest" and how much was plain old-fashioned ned behaviour.  First of all, while some of the protesters at the site were probably "far right", I'd guess that others were locals who were just shocked by the incident.  Likewise, while no doubt they wanted to protest and gripe, and maybe even some of that might have been motivated by xenophobia, I don't think they planned for a couple of hundred teenage neds to show up and start making trouble.  Maybe I'm just being naïve, but I think the police Commissioner's take that this was "led" by far right elements is too much of a stretch.  On the other hand the later description by the operational Superintendent that it was more thuggery than protest rings more true.

Anyway, I must go into town more often on Thursday night.  :laugh: :eek: 

I'm in my 50's now and don't recall one incident like this happening in Scotland, not one. The Niddrie Neds thread is a once a year thing and while I certainly have sympathy for the residents who had to endure their stupidity, it is nothing compared to the London riots in 2011 and various other outbursts since then or Dublin last night. Why don't we have that level of disorder? We have the same imbeciles and neds in our towns and cities but they don't go full monty like other places.

1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

I'll take that as my cue, cheers. 

Like a lot of people, a lot of what I know is based on news reports.  However, not all of it, as I was in the city centre for several hours earlier this evening.  I was at a social event with former workmates just a couple of hundred metres off O'Connell Street, and only a 5-10 minute walk from where the stabbings took place.  At about 5:30 pm I stopped at a Burger King next to O'Connell Bridge, which is where the rioters burned out a couple of buses later on.

The stabbing incident took place earlier in the afternoon on Parnell Square East, outside an Irish-medium primary school which also houses a childcare facility, when the kids were leaving school at around 1:30 pm.  Apparently a number of passers-by intervened to stop the stabbings and disarm the attacker, including a woman who ran across the street to confront him, and a Deliveroo moped rider who jumped off his bike, took off his helmet and used it to beat the attacker.  The attacker was injured and taken to hospital.  His injuries are described as serious, and he was also arrested. A 5-year old girl and a woman in her 30s were taken to hospital with serious injuries.  Two other children - a boy and a girl - were taken to hospital with more minor injuries, and the boy has since been discharged.  The attacker was earlier described as in his 50s, but later reports say he is in his 40s, and it has been reported that he migrated to Ireland more than 20 years ago and is now a citizen of the State.

A police cordon was put on the street and remained in place for several hours.  Later in the afternoon, a group of protesters gathered at the site of one of the police cordons, at the north end of O'Connell Street.  By any accounts I've read, the group waved some flags and banners with anti-immigration messages, and had what you'd call a noisy but peaceful protest.  After dark (which of course is quite early these days) a much larger group of younger males began to gather at the scene.  It's not clear whether the original protesters stayed there or moved on, but the younger group were not behaving in a peaceful manner, and began to disrupt traffic, pedestrians, and the cross-city tram lines which were close by.  

The police made the decision to press the group away from the cordon, and they temporarily dispersed.  But soon after a much larger group of young males returned to O'Connell Street, and it is from this point on that the property damage and violent behaviour happened as reported in the news.  Most of the incidents happened in a straight line along O'Connell Street and a short distance either side (for scale, think of the stretch of Princes Street from the Mound to Lothian Road).  The big incidents as described in the news were that a couple of cars, a tram car and (I think) 3 buses were set alight, all within a couple of hundred metres of each other.  An attempt was made to break into a hotel at the top of O'Connell Street and to set its reception area on fire.  It seems the logic was that the hotel is being used to house migrants - but as far as I know it's a regular tourist hotel, and its Google and Tripadvisor reviews seem to confirm that.  A number of shops were also looted - and yes, sorry for the cliché, but it was more or less all sportswear, menswear and electrical, with not much danger of the bookshops getting broken into.  There were also reports of a couple of attacks on people who were foreign or who "looked foreign", including at least one Deliveroo rider.

The event I was attending was in a well-protected secure building.  We were advised by police that it would be better to stay where we were until things quietened down, which is what we did.  At around 11, we were let know that things were a lot quieter, but when going home to avoid one or two streets that still had police cordons and if possible to drive rather than walk - in order to avoid occasional groups of teenage males who were engaging in anti-social and harassing behaviour.  The bigger problem at that stage was that the cross-city bus and tram services had been suspended.  I drove out of the city, and it was about as quiet or busy as any other Thursday at that time.

For a bit of context, the area I've described is on the fringe of the poorest, most deprived and most alienated district in Ireland - an area which has been the very essence of poor, drug-ridden, depressed Dublin for over two centuries.  It is gangland central, and I recall one news article from the 90s saying that nearly half of Ireland's property crime could be traced to about 1,000 people living in that district.  And so, not surprisingly, it has more than its fair share of what you'd call neds.  Normally they keep a low enough profile, and most of them couldn't give a crap about immigration or indeed any political topic.  But tonight they got cover for a bit of serious troublemaking, and IMO they took their chance.

It'll be interesting to see how things play out over the next few days.  There might be a bit of replaying or copycat stuff over the next night or two, or it might calm down.  The attack at the school was appalling and shocking, and it's not yet known what the attacker's motivation was.  I have a gut feeling that as the news unfolds it'll turn out that there's more to this than meets the eye, but I have no evidence at all of that and I'm not even sure what makes me think it.  Equally, it's hard to say how much of what went on afterwards was "far right protest" and how much was plain old-fashioned ned behaviour.  First of all, while some of the protesters at the site were probably "far right", I'd guess that others were locals who were just shocked by the incident.  Likewise, while no doubt they wanted to protest and gripe, and maybe even some of that might have been motivated by xenophobia, I don't think they planned for a couple of hundred teenage neds to show up and start making trouble.  Maybe I'm just being naïve, but I think the police Commissioner's take that this was "led" by far right elements is too much of a stretch.  On the other hand the later description by the operational Superintendent that it was more thuggery than protest rings more true.

Anyway, I must go into town more often on Thursday night.  :laugh: :eek: 

Thanks for that.

I know exactly where you are talking about on Sackville Street(naughty, naughty, John😉), having been there as recently as Aug 2019. May I recommend to anyone visiting the audio tour of the GPO on O'Connell Street, it is excellent.

I had read a few RTE reports online and watched the interview of the lady who ran across the street. Who I believe had been attending an inquiry into a nightclub fire from 1981? Longtime for an inquiry to be held. Forty Two years.

I agree more thuggery by neds to do a bit of unabashed pilfering and looting using the horrendous stabbing as am excuse. Very poor excuse at that.

Immigration is a great thing.

multi-culturalism is a great thing .

we need more immigration.

not less.

I vastly prefer most immigrants I know to  most natives I know.

My kids friends are mostly the children of immigrants ( almost exclusively in fact )

hard working , polite, well presented .

great ethics about them.

I’d run immigration on a 1 in and 1 our policy .

admit one person willing to work , and shop out a local who isn’t .

i wish jj was my dad

It looks like it is another example of tragic events being committed by a baddie being capitalised upon by folk with an agenda to incite a mob who don't know any better. 

I'm not surprised to see who is joining in. 

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Immigration is a great thing.

multi-culturalism is a great thing .

we need more immigration.

not less.

I vastly prefer most immigrants I know to  most natives I know.

My kids friends are mostly the children of immigrants ( almost exclusively in fact )

hard working , polite, well presented .

great ethics about them.

I’d run immigration on a 1 in and 1 our policy .

admit one person willing to work , and shop out a local who isn’t .

:greatpost:

23 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

It looks like it is another example of tragic events being committed by a baddie being capitalised upon by folk with an agenda to incite a mob who don't know any better. 

I'm not surprised to see who is joining in. 

:spoton: