Aberdeen do indeed get shafted.

John Findlay

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Bainy said:

I see the sheep put their tickets out to fans with 200 points or more at 8am yesterday and by 6pm they were on general sale to anyone who can buy up to 4pp. Sounds like panic to shift tickets. 

They clearly don't have the same concerns our board do about away fans in their end with that approach which I applaud but sounds like uptake was poor. 

Insane method, final is 5 weeks away yet. Shafting loyal fans to prove a point, that indeed they can get 10k day trippers

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Bazzas right boot

• Shooter McGavin

• Mikey1874

4 hours ago, Bainy said:

I see the sheep put their tickets out to fans with 200 points or more at 8am yesterday and by 6pm they were on general sale to anyone who can buy up to 4pp. Sounds like panic to shift tickets. 

They clearly don't have the same concerns our board do about away fans in their end with that approach which I applaud but sounds like uptake was poor. 

they sold the tickets quickly but their method was chronic.

it’s the equivalent of us selling to anyone with a season ticket and had gone to maybe a couple of away games (25pts+) for 8 hours and then opening up to everyone else in a general sale. So someone with 0 points could get a ticket whilst those with some points didn’t. Crackers!

IveSeenTheLight
3 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Speaking to a sheep fan at work who has 100LP's and was unable to get a ticket. The club have apparently admitted to making a mistake by putting them on general sale. I imagine a number of those general sale tickets would've been snapped up by Rangers fans.

There may be a few Rangers* fans who have Dons ID's and have a previous purchase history.

Won't be any different than most other finals though.

Loving this quote:-

... on Twitter, Burrows said: "Dons fans, I understand that from the tweets and replies, we’ve a lot of frustrated Dandies posting about Viaplay Cup Final tickets.

😄

SectionDJambo

Maybe change the thread title to "Aberdeen do indeed shaft their own fans"?

For a club who were shouting about us locking out hundreds of their fans, they've just gone and locked hundreds of the same fans, who should have been entitled before a general sale to some Rangers fans.

Hampden is unfit for purpose it beggars belief. There are 3 arguments for the status quo - all of which come from the uglies and their media lapdogs who feed at their poisoned trough:

- Fans of Rangers and Celtic consistently sell out whatever allocation they are awarded - other clubs do not

- The main stand has comfortable offices for the League and SFA officials

- It is Neutral

And the case against:

- It is not "neutral" favouring those who live in Strathclyde

- The ability to get there for a match prohibits traveling from outside Glasgow (gridlocked traffic requiring a full day to transit and return) - that's why clubs can't sell their allocation

- Public transport links are laughable (many with no ability to get home after an evening match or get there for an early kick-off)

- The facilities in the stadium are dilapidated and inadequate (catering, toilets, access)

- Entry into the stadium is laughable requiring attendance an hour ahead of kick-off in order to be comfortably seated

- The shallow terrace and distance from the pitch makes the viewing experience awful

- Facilities to enjoy a day out before a game in the vicinity are very very restricted.

etc.

etc.

Would be amusing if Aberdeen finally grew a set, and stated they wouldn't put a team on the pitch if there wasn't at least the chance to sell 50% beforehand.

See how long it takes before either Aberdeen or the SPFL/Rangers blink.

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, JJ93 said:

It should be 50/50 and after a certain date they can perhaps change it but you absolutely must give 50/50 in the first instance.

The trouble with that, at Hampden, is that they would need to give the non OF club the crap seats behind either goals first, then sell the better seats, running up the touchline last, if the demand meant more tickets being released to that club. Fans with more entitlement to good tickets, through regular attendance to support their team, would always have the seats that you require binoculars to see the action with.

The SPFL and SFA could always stop automatically giving Celtic fans the east stand and Rangers fans the west stand, of course. That might help too, but will never happen. 

The problems are Hampden and the first thought being how can we accomodate the OF fans, with the rest being an inconvenient afterthought.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Why we have sympathy for a club who clambered into bed with Celtic and voted us down not sure. 

Hopefully they carry out their threat to give us 300 tickets in spite 

On 09/11/2023 at 13:50, Sooks said:

Really struggling to feel sorry for those pricks . Their stupid fannying about with sun ten thousand tickets ect during covid , their whining about us cutting their allocation and the fact they are looking to build a stadium with a smaller capacity than they want for this cup final …………… they are also the ******s who did not want to change the 11 - 1 vote 

Up them

:spoton:

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Why we have sympathy for a club who clambered into bed with Celtic and voted us down not sure. 

Hopefully they carry out their threat to give us 300 tickets in spite 

Sympathy? Not too sure about that.

They should be well chuffed that as many as 300 Hearts fans would make the trip.

I'm swithering.

HeartsandonlyHearts

I hope there’s thousands of Newco fans in among the Aberdeen fans. No one seriously hurt but Police Scotland ripping  the Scottish football hierarchy a new one for just being…well themselves.

They couldn’t run a bath.

Not sure if I’ve previously said this, but we should have stood with Aberdeen on the ticket split fiasco.

It speaks to the culture of bias at the SPFL/SFA. 

This nonsense about previous ticket sales is just a convenient excuse to justify the inexcusable. It’s a neutral venue - argument won. 

I hate Scottish football and the total lack of common sense between clubs. Should be working with Aberdeen and Hibs to push for meaningful change. 

kingantti1874
43 minutes ago, OTT said:

Not sure if I’ve previously said this, but we should have stood with Aberdeen on the ticket split fiasco.

This nonsense about previous ticket sales is just a convenient excuse to justify the inexcusable. It’s a neutral venue - argument won. 

I hate Scottish football and the total lack of common sense between clubs. Should be working with Aberdeen and Hibs to push for meaningful change. 

without doubt. Same applies to refereeing. They can’t punish all of us for speaking up

Skivingatwork
2 hours ago, OTT said:

The problem is all clubs approach each issue with one question in mind:

Does this impact us at this moment in time?

If the answer is no, then no one speaks up. It’s incredibly short sighted but unfortunately the reality of the culture in Scottish football.

Aberdeen get shafted on ticket allocation. Doesn’t impact any other team so no one speaks out.

A team gets blatantly cheated by a ref in favour of the OF, don’t care it didn’t impact us. 

Hearts get unfairly demoted from the top flight, doesn’t matter, it didn’t impact us.

Unfortunately, until these attitudes change then nothing will happen on voting, league structure, referees etc.

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

without doubt. Same applies to refereeing. They can’t punish all of us for speaking up

Well, no more than they do already.

16 hours ago, Bainy said:

Would be funny if 2k of them are rangers fans. Be absolute carnage 🤣

mid imagine there will be quite a few rangers fans in their end. The thought of some carnage may even make me tune in

2 hours ago, Skivingatwork said:

The problem is all clubs approach each issue with one question in mind:

Does this impact us at this moment in time?

If the answer is no, then no one speaks up. It’s incredibly short sighted but unfortunately the reality of the culture in Scottish football.

Aberdeen get shafted on ticket allocation. Doesn’t impact any other team so no one speaks out.

A team gets blatantly cheated by a ref in favour of the OF, don’t care it didn’t impact us. 

Hearts get unfairly demoted from the top flight, doesn’t matter, it didn’t impact us.

Unfortunately, until these attitudes change then nothing will happen on voting, league structure, referees etc.

Absolutely right - the short term thinking is killing us. 

Ann Budge is one of the few chairs in Scottish football to actually show any degree of long term thinking. 

She should be championing an alliance of sorts between ourselves, Hibs and Aberdeen. Yes, we might legitimately disagree on areas, and we absolutely can have "free votes" on things, but we need to be united in our pursuit of certain things - like sorting out the mess the weegies have made of the refereeing body. 

Joint statements and having a bloc vote. I'd go so far as to say, we should actively look to veto the switch to banning plastic pitches - i.e vote with Livingston, and make our reasons for doing so - demand for parity and a quota system for the referees, very clear. 

If Rangers and Celtic don't want to risk their stars on Livingstons health hazard of a pitch, then they can bloody well agree the status quo with the refereeing situation is unacceptable. Likewise, this nonsense about OF "ends" at a neutral venue and imbalance on tickets. 

Collectively, I think Hearts, Hibs & Aberdeen have a lot more power than they realise, and I think we should be willing to cut our nose off to spite our face (certainly in the short term) to force positive change. Because of the stupid super majority voting system we could act as a blocker on everything, even when the vote is less than a 11-1 (which seems to be the case whenever the OF want something they can't get unanimous support behind). 

I would go so far as to block stupid stuff just to spite them. Neil Doncaster wants permission to change the paper towel supplier at Hampden? Nope. Sorry. 

Grind Scottish football to a halt and force them to concede. 

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

Absolutely right - the short term thinking is killing us. 

Ann Budge is one of the few chairs in Scottish football to actually show any degree of long term thinking. 

She should be championing an alliance of sorts between ourselves, Hibs and Aberdeen. Yes, we might legitimately disagree on areas, and we absolutely can have "free votes" on things, but we need to be united in our pursuit of certain things - like sorting out the mess the weegies have made of the refereeing body. 

Joint statements and having a bloc vote. I'd go so far as to say, we should actively look to veto the switch to banning plastic pitches - i.e vote with Livingston, and make our reasons for doing so - demand for parity and a quota system for the referees, very clear. 

If Rangers and Celtic don't want to risk their stars on Livingstons health hazard of a pitch, then they can bloody well agree the status quo with the refereeing situation is unacceptable. Likewise, this nonsense about OF "ends" at a neutral venue and imbalance on tickets. 

Collectively, I think Hearts, Hibs & Aberdeen have a lot more power than they realise, and I think we should be willing to cut our nose off to spite our face (certainly in the short term) to force positive change. Because of the stupid super majority voting system we could act as a blocker on everything, even when the vote is less than a 11-1 (which seems to be the case whenever the OF want something they can't get unanimous support behind). 

I would go so far as to block stupid stuff just to spite them. Neil Doncaster wants permission to change the paper towel supplier at Hampden? Nope. Sorry. 

Grind Scottish football to a halt and force them to concede. 

I like this post 

It really is difficult to follow the logic of what Aberdeen have done here. Why have they sold tickets to people without loyalty points if as they claim they have all this demand for tickets? It's a bizarre one.

2 hours ago, stirlo said:

It really is difficult to follow the logic of what Aberdeen have done here. Why have they sold tickets to people without loyalty points if as they claim they have all this demand for tickets? It's a bizarre one.

One fan could buy 4 tickets.... For a final ffs. Absolutely loving they have made a sheep's arse of this. They had fans just below the original cut off that lost out as they made public... Proper PR shambles after their bleating. Which I may add they were correct to ask for the 50/50 and a coin toss for what end. 

Lovely

9 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

One fan could buy 4 tickets.... For a final ffs. Absolutely loving they have made a sheep's arse of this. They had fans just below the original cut off that lost out as they made public... Proper PR shambles after their bleating. Which I may add they were correct to ask for the 50/50 and a coin toss for what end. 

Lovely

Yes - they were absolutely correct to demand a 50/50 split and yet somehow from a moral perspective they've contrived to grab defeat from the jaws of victory in the whole saga!

I don’t know what they’re complaining about tbf it’s more than enough given their attendances over the season it’s always a struggle when rangers and Celtic are getting 50k and 60k at home games all the fair weather fans looking for tickets now. 

Regardless of how many they could have sold, it’s sets a precedent. Every club outwith the OF will suffer as a consequence of this. The Sheep are not the bad guys here. Made a bit of an arse of selling but I can understand why they wanted to shift as many as possible.

23 minutes ago, Boab said:

Regardless of how many they could have sold, it’s sets a precedent. Every club outwith the OF will suffer as a consequence of this. The Sheep are not the bad guys here. Made a bit of an arse of selling but I can understand why they wanted to shift as many as possible.

Precedent for the Scottish Cup is a 50/50 split.

Been favouring Old Firm in League Cup already so that precedent is also already set. 

35 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

200 tickets cancelled for Rangers fans.

Still messed it up. 

There's still loads of Rangers supporters got tickets, and they haven't been cancelled. Could be interesting on the day.

43 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I reckon there will be loads of Huns in the Aberdeen end , even with cancelled tickets . Can see it being carnage 

Dons fans won't take pish from that lot. 

See Frankfurt have been banned from selling tickets for their game against the sheep at Pittodrie. One game ban after incidents at the game v Helsinki.