Aberdeen do indeed get shafted.

John Findlay

section s heart
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Screenshot_20231109-110535_Samsung Internet.jpg

What happens to the remaining 6/7000 tickets? Will Aberdeen's sponsors/ players families, etc get their hands on half of them? 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Bazzas right boot

• Shooter McGavin

• Mikey1874

Just now, ElGee1973 said:

I'm quite sure we got a 50/50 split in 2019 & again in the 2022 final?

Aye we initially got the 50/50 but celtic got more tickets for the Main Stand upper and then the hospitality tickets were infiltrated which caused a wee set two in the upper deck, mind you I'm being pernickety with numbers here as its not as if it was a couple of thousand we couldn't sell. 

7 minutes ago, ElGee1973 said:

Aberdeen always have a big support when they get to finals. I stand corrected but I'm sure they got a 50/50 split for their Scottish Cup final with Celtic in 2017 & it caused uproar at Celtic. Pretty sure Aberdeen sold out their quota as well?

Think they had a huge support at Celtic Park for their final against St J a few years ago too.

Cup final ticket allocations should not be based on number of season tickets or semi final tickets sold. A 50:50 split should be automatic, with any unsold tickets being made available to the other team, pretty much as Aberdeen proposed.

Decision is a disgrace. 

I take it all who are not backing Aberdeen on here will be happy if the same were to happen to us if we reach next years Scottish cup final against one of the uglies.

its time to put our differences aside and back each other or its only going to get worse.

Just now, dannymack said:

Aye we initially got the 50/50 but celtic got more tickets for the Main Stand upper and then the hospitality tickets were infiltrated which caused a wee set two in the upper deck, mind you I'm being pernickety with numbers here as its not as if it was a couple of thousand we couldn't sell. 

I remember that now. There was one or two incidents in the South stand upper.

1 minute ago, section s heart said:

What happens to the remaining 6/7000 tickets? Will Aberdeen's sponsors/ players families, etc get their hands on half of them? 

Each member of staff gets 4 tickets. 

15 minutes ago, ElGee1973 said:

Aberdeen always have a big support when they get to finals. I stand corrected but I'm sure they got a 50/50 split for their Scottish Cup final with Celtic in 2017 & it caused uproar at Celtic. Pretty sure Aberdeen sold out their quota as well?

Poor support at semis thiugh so why should they get more at a final. They must have had no more than 12/13k at Saturdays game. 

Shooter McGavin

Really hope the Scottish Cup doesn’t start going down this route.

We sold out our 50/50 allocation in the 2019 final & the 2022 final against the old firm, but under these plans, we’d now be told to accept we’re not getting a fair split at a neutral venue.

As tinpot as it gets.

6 minutes ago, thee jambo said:

I take it all who are not backing Aberdeen on here will be happy if the same were to happen to us if we reach next years Scottish cup final against one of the uglies.

its time to put our differences aside and back each other or its only going to get worse.

They are getting more tickets than we did for last Sunday. How many have we taken to recent finals? 

Shooter McGavin
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Poor support at semis thiugh so why should they get more at a final. They must have had no more than 12/13k at Saturdays game. 

How much semi tickets did we sell for the 2012 final? About 13k’ish if I remember correctly. How much did we then take to the cup final?

Aberdeen would quite obviously sell out if it were a 50/50 split, but to not even be given the chance in the first place and simply have their case dismissed is the really worrying part.

35 minutes ago, R9. said:

It’s pathetic their excuse to hearts was because they cannot segregate that north stand 😂 it’s been done for years! 

Yup, they would do it if their ‘Dream’ final of Celtic v Rangers came about.

Dagger Is Back

It's hard to have a whole lot of sympathy for the Dons.

In saying that, SF attendances should have sweet FA to do with Cup Final allocations. The proposal put forward seems entirely sensible and also fair. 

Aberdeen this year. Whose turn will it be at the SCF or in future years?

Until the rest of the clubs grow a set and drive an end to the blatant favouritism shown to both cheeks of the same ugly arse, we deserve all that we get.

I'd also do away with this nonsense tradition of the Rangers end and Ceitic end at Hampden.

First team drawn gets the West end.

Edited by Dagger Is Back

17 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Unlike us in the 2019 Final. 

11 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Think they had a huge support at Celtic Park for their final against St J a few years ago too.

Cup final ticket allocations should not be based on number of season tickets or semi final tickets sold. A 50:50 split should be automatic, with any unsold tickets being made available to the other team, pretty much as Aberdeen proposed.

Decision is a disgrace. 

I agree totally. Anything to suit the Glasgow bigots

3 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

How much semi tickets did we sell for the 2012 final? About 13k’ish if I remember correctly. How much did we then take to the cup final?

Aberdeen would quite obviously sell out if it were a 50/50 split, but to not even be given the chance in the first place and simply have their case dismissed is the really worrying part.

It’s a tough one to resolve though.  Aberdeen get about 14-15k  home fans at home games so everyone who goes regularly can get a ticket. Rangers have about 46k home fans at home games so only circa 50% of their regulars will get a ticket. Many of their season ticket holders won’t get a ticket.  There is an argument, not saying I fully support it, that those that regularly support the game in Scotland should have first dibs on the tickets. As I said it’s a tough one. If we were regularly pulling in 25k at tynie(hypothetically) and Hibs were pulling in 15k at ER I don’t think we would be happy with a 50/50 for a cup final 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
33 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nonsense.

Clubs at a neutral ground in a final deserve the chance of a 50/50 split.

There shouldn't be a debate.

Thats your opinion, but I dont give a **** what you think to be honest :)

3 minutes ago, R9. said:

I am pretty sure that Rangers final a few seasons back Rangers were not happy cause Hearts would get more tickets. If you look at that north stand there is always tape covering seats normally on the left side but when it’s the old firm it’s 2 sides of the staircase no no club is getting more.

Correct.👍

coatbridgejambo

Should always be given the chance to sell 50%. 

To think the old firm believe the SFA have a biased against them. Absolutely laughable 

2 minutes ago, R9. said:

Tony Macaroni  sold Celtic fans tickets in the Hearts end. Haven’t a clue how Tony Macaroni had tickets.

A friend of mine bought hospitality & ticket from a bar/club in Royal Exchange Square in the week leading up to that final. He got lunch (I'm sure it was number 23 that the venue was called), I remember him saying that the place was hoaching with Celtic supporters. I know that he had trouble in his section in the South Upper. Tickets cost a fair whack as well.  

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s a tough one to resolve though.  Aberdeen get about 14-15k  home fans at home games so everyone who goes regularly can get a ticket. Rangers have about 46k home fans at home games so only circa 50% of their regulars will get a ticket. Many of their season ticket holders won’t get a ticket.  There is an argument, not saying I fully support it, that those that regularly support the game in Scotland should have first dibs on the tickets. As I said it’s a tough one. If we were regularly pulling in 25k at tynie(hypothetically) and Hibs were pulling in 15k at ER I don’t think we would be happy with a 50/50 for a cup final 

How Rangers distribute tickets amongst their ST holders is their issue to deal with.

The whole point of using Hampden for  semi’s and cup finals is that it’s a neutral venue. When both supporters could easily split them 50/50, but are denied the opportunity to do so, then it becomes a farce.

Might as well play these games at Ibrox or Parkhead in that case.

Shooter McGavin
2 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

I'm sure they will manage a 50 50 split at the next old firm final

Aye I’m sure they’ll overcome those pesky “operational challenges” that day…

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

They should have been given the opportunity to sell the tickets, the segregation excuse is a lie.

id love to see the other clubs including hearts, grow a spine and walk away from games with the old firm.  Let them play each other 36 times and their corrupt west coast referees can take turns ****ing them over

Exactly!

The most relevant thing here is this: do they honestly want us to believe that these "operational challenges" would exist if the Old Firm were playing each other?!!! It's beyond laughable. Will they magically disappear in April or May when they end up meeting in the Scottish Cup? I would say that is an absolute cast iron certainty!

I accept this is not our club so easy for me to say but I really wish Aberdeen would make a significant and brave stance here, to be immediately backed by us and Hibs and the rest. I would be outraged if Hearts didn't stand with them in fact. Simply turn round and say this is not in the fairest interests of the match and in sport in general and we decline ALL tickets. The noise this would make, the negative coverage that would ensue and the embarrassment it would cause the sponsors etc, would be worth it. 

SectionDJambo

Remember when they wanted to play 2 semi finals at Hampden, on the same day, rather than have Celtic playing us at Murrayfield. When they had to change their plan and have our game at Murrayfield, all the talk was of how unfair it was on Celtic that they had to play an Edinburgh club in Edinburgh.

How do you deal with people like the gangsters that "run" the SPFL? They don't feel the need to hide their lies and corruption.

Really struggling to feel sorry for those pricks . Their stupid fannying about with sun ten thousand tickets ect during covid , their whining about us cutting their allocation and the fact they are looking to build a stadium with a smaller capacity than they want for this cup final …………… they are also the ******s who did not want to change the 11 - 1 vote 

Up them

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Really struggling to feel sorry for those pricks . Their stupid fannying about with sun ten thousand tickets ect during covid , their whining about us cutting their allocation and the fact they are looking to build a stadium with a smaller capacity than they want for this cup final …………… they are also the ******s who did not want to change the 11 - 1 vote 

Up them

You know that this will be the same for us for Finals now too right?! 

4 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Yes I do . And I think they are getting beasted and I do not think it is fair . I just find it hard to have much sympathy with them because of their crawling up the old firms arse , and their ***** owner 

The corrupt Weegie FA manage fine for a 50/50 when its an old firm final so why not for any other final ? SFA = wretched panderers to the knuckledraggers from Govan 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, R9. said:

I am pretty sure if the final was Hearts v Aberdeen we would be wanting more tickets knowing they wouldn’t sell 22k we would be wanting around the 25k mark like Rangers have been giving.

Why don’t you think they would sell 22k?  They sold 40k for a final against Ross County.  We didn’t even sell our allocation when we played St Mirren in the final.  I’m sure it would have been a 50/50 split if it was Hearts v Aberdeen and nothing would have been said about segregation issues, same as when it’s the Scottish Cup final. 

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

The corrupt Weegie FA manage fine for a 50/50 when its an old firm final so why not for any other final ? SFA = wretched panderers to the knuckledraggers from Govan 

It’s absolutely nothing to do with the SFA.  Wasn’t it 50/50 in our recent finals v Rangers and Celtic as well? 

The SFA seem to cope with it, why can’t the SPFL?

2 hours ago, theshed said:

To be honest nearly 20k will be enough for them so don’t know why they are complaining 

They took 40,000 to the League Cup Final in 2014. They filled three stands at Celtic Park.

JS33796139.thumb.webp.238d73cbf6479ac2e11fddfda5f389b5.webp

The spfl, will do anything to lick te arse cheeks erses. In semi-finals and finals, each team should receive the same amount of tickets. But here in Scotland,everything is done to suit 2 teams,from the sfa down to var. But l don't blame the erse cheeks,l blame the other clubs for this. They all moan and grown,but don't have the balls to stand up an change things. Yes l include Hearts in that statement. All the clubs to happy to accept things as they are. Scottish football  will only get worse,if changes don't take place soon. If the clubs won't take action,time for club supporters to band together and do it for them

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, R9. said:

In which if Hearts were in this position that’s the first think McKinley would come out our home sell outs. 

And he could, but rangers and celtic also can say that and they sell out far higher.

It's a neutral ground and final. That is all that is important.

"Neutral" is being used grudgingly as well, it's in Glasgow and Rangers have an end.

Fozzyonthefence
36 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

We don’t do League Cup finals so we’ll be fine! The SFA seem to do a fairer ticket split for their finals.

Certainly not a fan of Aberdeen but this is annoying. It’s a final, it’s supposed to be as neutral as possible, they’re already needing to travel to Glasgow, they absolutely should be offered the same amount of tickets as rangers with a certain cut off date to sell so many or rangers get more. Simple as that. Not even given the chance though, Rangers already in their own city and have more fans. And of course they’ll get to sit in their “end” of a “Neutral national stadium”. As I said can’t stick Aberdeen but I genuinely hope they do them in the final, sick of seeing they 2 just get handed every advantage 

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes I do . And I think they are getting beasted and I do not think it is fair . I just find it hard to have much sympathy with them because of their crawling up the old firms arse , and their ***** owner 

Both can be true.

1 hour ago, thee jambo said:

This 100%.   For too many quite prepared to accept the crumbs off the table from the SFA and SPFL. It becomes more and more apparent that they are only interested in serving the best interests of the Old Firm at every turn. 

Just wait till our next final against one of the glasgow ***** we will get treated the exact same.  

Every non OF club should be standing together on this one. 

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Has anyone asked them why segregation is "challenging" except if it is an old firm final?

Exactly!

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

How Rangers distribute tickets amongst their ST holders is their issue to deal with.

The whole point of using Hampden for  semi’s and cup finals is that it’s a neutral venue. When both supporters could easily split them 50/50, but are denied the opportunity to do so, then it becomes a farce.

Might as well play these games at Ibrox or Parkhead in that case.

If Hampden capacity was 75k we wouldn’t sell more than 25k so how would that be equal or neutral? 

Shooter McGavin
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If Hampden capacity was 75k we wouldn’t sell more than 25k so how would that be equal or neutral? 

If my auntie had baws...

In reality, Hampden is 55k, and Aberdeen have a track record of sellling out their allocation for cup finals.

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, R9. said:

I am pretty sure if the final was Hearts v Aberdeen we would be wanting more tickets knowing they wouldn’t sell 22k we would be wanting around the 25k mark like Rangers have been giving.

It may well have ended up like that once demand had been met, but the point being both teams would have been given an equal split to start with, as would all other clubs if they were not playing against one of the arse cheeks 

31 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Against Gretna we had around 45k - and there may even have been a few Jambos in the Gretna section. In fact even Hibs were able to sell north of 35k when they played Livi in the league cup final.

This decision from the SFA sums up everything that's wrong with Scottish football. In most other countries an uneven split of tickets for a cup final would be a story for April 1st.

Spitonastranger
4 hours ago, theshed said:

To be honest nearly 20k will be enough for them so don’t know why they are complaining 

Because it is a cup final and should be equally shared, if they dont sell tickets then retiurn them. 

Spitonastranger
4 hours ago, frankblack said:

Why can't they toss a coin to decide which team plays at which end and gets the more fans?

Because the coin has king billy on one side and the pope on the other 

2 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

The most relevant thing here is this: do they honestly want us to believe that these "operational challenges" would exist if the Old Firm were playing each other?!!! It's beyond laughable. Will they magically disappear in April or May when they end up meeting in the Scottish Cup? I would say that is an absolute cast iron certainty!

I accept this is not our club so easy for me to say but I really wish Aberdeen would make a significant and brave stance here, to be immediately backed by us and Hibs and the rest. I would be outraged if Hearts didn't stand with them in fact. Simply turn round and say this is not in the fairest interests of the match and in sport in general and we decline ALL tickets. The noise this would make, the negative coverage that would ensue and the embarrassment it would cause the sponsors etc, would be worth it. 

The difference is Rangers and Celtic are guaranteed to sell out. Would Aberdeen sell half the ground for this game? Maybe, maybe not. If Aberdeen started selling tickets from the half way line and didn't sell all their tickets, that's when problems arise. I've never seen the North stand segregated in any way apart from the split at the half way line. Think this is what they mean by operational challenges. 

Polonia Gorgie

This is an absolute disgrace!! It's total corruption and as a poster pointed out on page 1, this could have been decided by a coin toss, wonder what will happen at the next old firm final? 🤔

I wonder what type of a statement it would make if every non old firm fan, home and away stopped turning up to there games!! Really something now needs to happen. Scottish football is run by idiots!! It's so disrespectful to any club playing them at Hampden 

Ex member of the SaS

Would the solution not be a new stadium with segregation built in? Get building a new stadium around the Stirling area and make it fairly equal for all fans to travel similar distances? The fact the bigots just need to walk down the road with every other club's fans require transport costs.