• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Bazzas right boot

• Shooter McGavin

• Mikey1874

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

They are getting more tickets than we did for last Sunday. How many have we taken to recent finals? 

Strange argument given we couldn’t even sell what we got!  Semis and finals should always be 50/50 where both teams can sell out.  We’d never need a 50/50 split for a semi v either of the OF though but we would for a final.  Strangely, every team in the land has much more demand for tickets for a final compared to a semi. 

Shooter McGavin
5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Strange argument given we couldn’t even sell what we got!  Semis and finals should always be 50/50 where both teams can sell out.  We’d never need a 50/50 split for a semi v either of the OF though but we would for a final.  Strangely, every team in the land has much more demand for tickets for a final compared to a semi. 

Folk defending this, or making arguments against Aberdeens stance, should be well aware that we'll no doubt be on the recieving end of this bulls*** for future semi's and cup finals.

A depressing state of affairs.

south morocco
6 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Home team gets more tickets. And choice of end. Wonder if they get to choose the ref too. 🤔

The whole set up is depressing and getting worse. Something needs to give but it won’t unless every club sticks together but we all saw how that went during Covid.

Edited by south morocco

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Folk defending this, or making arguments against Aberdeens stance, should be well aware that we'll no doubt be on the recieving end of this bulls*** for future semi's and cup finals.

A depressing state of affairs.

I’m not arguing against Aberdeen’s stance at all, I totally agree with them, even says so in my post.  My point was more that I can’t understand us moaning about not getting 50/50 for a semi we never stood a chance of selling 50% of!  There is never any demand for over 20k tickets for our semis v Rantic even for the Scottish Cup.  Only exception was when we played at Murrayfield and sold 29k.

For Scottish Cup finals though I’m pretty sure we always get around 50/50 as, believe it or not, the SFA has historically taken a more sensible approach than the SPFL.  For League Cup finals, well we never reach them anyway and even when we did (St Mirren) we didn’t even sell out, although iirc we got an allocation in mid to late 20’s k?

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

If Celtic and Rangers were playing, guaranteed there would be an even split. The bias is so blatant it's laughable. The OF have the SFA, the SPFL, the media, and all the other clubs in this country by the cojones. We're all gimps and do feck all about it.

8 hours ago, theshed said:

To be honest nearly 20k will be enough for them so don’t know why they are complaining 

This kind of thing happens in Scotland because so many people like you accept it. 

6 hours ago, TallPaul said:

Aberdeen would never in a million years sell 50% so not sure what they are moaning about.

not the point, it should be fair and equitable to all. No doubt they'll have the 'Rangers' end and their pick of referee too.

It should be 50/50.

No ifs buts or maybes.

These are also rules that should be sorted out before the season even starts.

As usual though, a blank canvas that can be manipulated to suit.

It's shouldn't matter what size of support you take to a semi final. The final should always be 50/50 to maintain sporting integrity. The Old firm are winning the battle of grinding down the rest into submission with a lot of help from SFA and SPFL. I honestly think the Scottish game will be dead within 10 years if the old firm don't leave. Realistically nobody now has a chance of wining anything. 

Brick Tamland

It isn't a surprise, the SFA and SPFL are run for the benefit of two clubs only, that is becoming more obvious every season. I despise both the bigot sisters equally, the bodies who run Scottish Football just as much and the pathetic excuse we have for sports journalists even more.

The clubs who swallow the bigot boaby for the bigot pound should take a long hard look at themselves, our game is shite but without bias in refereeing, journalism and in the offices of Hampden it could be fantastic. 

south morocco
38 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

It's shouldn't matter what size of support you take to a semi final. The final should always be 50/50 to maintain sporting integrity. The Old firm are winning the battle of grinding down the rest into submission with a lot of help from SFA and SPFL. I honestly think the Scottish game will be dead within 10 years if the old firm don't leave. Realistically nobody now has a chance of wining anything. 

1 minute ago, Brick Tamland said:

It isn't a surprise, the SFA and SPFL are run for the benefit of two clubs only, that is becoming more obvious every season. I despise both the bigot sisters equally, the bodies who run Scottish Football just as much and the pathetic excuse we have for sports journalists even more.

The clubs who swallow the bigot boaby for the bigot pound should take a long hard look at themselves, our game is shite but without bias in refereeing, journalism and in the offices of Hampden it could be fantastic. 

Two posts that are bang on. It’s like watching a car crash in slow motion.

1 hour ago, the posh bit said:

This kind of thing happens in Scotland because so many people like you accept it. 

Can I ask what you’re doing to not accept it ?

5 hours ago, Lido said:

If Aberdeen started selling tickets from the half way line and didn't sell all their tickets, that's when problems arise. I've never seen the North stand segregated in any way apart from the split at the half way line. Think this is what they mean by operational challenges. 

Aberdeen's proposal was they would get the allocation they have just now, but that half of the north stand would be left unsold. If Aberdeen sold out, they would get those tickets, if not then Rangers would.

Seemed a pretty fair suggestion to me.

According to Dave Cormack on Twitter, they also asked for there to be a toss of a coin to decide what ends both teams got, which I suspect probably got a few dinosaurs' at the SPFL's backs up.

8 minutes ago, GC81 said:

Aberdeen's proposal was they would get the allocation they have just now, but that half of the north stand would be left unsold. If Aberdeen sold out, they would get those tickets, if not then Rangers would.

According to Dave Cormack on Twitter, they also asked for there to be a toss of a coin to decide what ends both teams got, which I suspect probably got a few dinosaurs' at the SPFL's backs up.

they'd just wheel out the Glasgow police to play the public safety card.

HeartsandonlyHearts

The Saturday near the end of the season when one @$$ cheek loses the league is all we have to look forward too. It’s great knowing one set of fans will be feeling the same as the rest of us do pretty much all season. I love hearing them bitch about the unfairness of some bad officiating. GIRFUYSB.

HeartsandonlyHearts
16 minutes ago, GC81 said:

The backs up bit wouldn’t have happened until they stopped laughing.

”oh you were serious”

Just over 28k at the semi v hibs. Not sure how many Aberdeen fans were there but I doubt it was 19500. Can't really say I see the clamer for a 50/50 split given their season ticket base, semi sales etc. I'm no old firm sympathiser but, let's be honest, rangers allocation literally guarantees half their season ticket holders a ticket, Aberdeens guarantees every season ticket holder plus some walk ups 

1 hour ago, GC81 said:

Yes that would work but what if Aberdeen only sold an extra 1/2000 tickets for the North enclosure?

Not a good look. The authorities definately want a sell out and their proposal guarantees it. Its a difficult one.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

Aye, that Jamie McGrath isn't up to it. 

Had a shite game at Tynie didn’t you know so he can’t be any good. 

Fozzyonthefence
36 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Just over 28k at the semi v hibs. Not sure how many Aberdeen fans were there but I doubt it was 19500. Can't really say I see the clamer for a 50/50 split given their season ticket base, semi sales etc. I'm no old firm sympathiser but, let's be honest, rangers allocation literally guarantees half their season ticket holders a ticket, Aberdeens guarantees every season ticket holder plus some walk ups 

They took 40k to a final against Ross County!  Semi attendance has nothing to do with it, neither team should get an advantage at final.  We only sold what was it, around 15k on Sunday?  Would you not be wanting 50/50 if we were in the final?

2 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

“Swallowing the bigot boaby for the bigot pound”…quote of the year. Absolutely brilliantly sums up the sickening state of Scottish football.

8 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We don’t do League Cup finals so we’ll be fine! The SFA seem to do a fairer ticket split for their finals.

I've been to two so that's not true.

8 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

If Hampden capacity was 75k we wouldn’t sell more than 25k so how would that be equal or neutral? 

Aberdeen final in 86 we roughly had  40k fans..out of 63k

Not bad a for a team that lost the league a week before.

Gretna game was pushing 45k Hearts

The support is there,our bowling club mentality at boardroom level  has held us back since 1874.

11 hours ago, TallPaul said:

Aberdeen would never in a million years sell 50% so not sure what they are moaning about.

of course they would. As would we. To think they wouldn’t sell out is ridiculous 

2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

They took 40k to a final against Ross County!  Semi attendance has nothing to do with it, neither team should get an advantage at final.  We only sold what was it, around 15k on Sunday?  Would you not be wanting 50/50 if we were in the final?

The best argument I've read so far against the SPFL taking the semi-final attendances into account, considering the games were in Glasgow, is "you're basically comparing Rangers' home support to Aberdeen's away support".

I do secretly think Aberdeen won't be that bothered though. I think they know 19,500 is probably fine enough for them considering the prices (£39 and £44 an ticket) and time of year. They can build up a grievance and siege mentality, and happily sell their allocation knowing they won't have the embarrassment of having to give any back.

7 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

They took 40k to a final they expected to win. Yes,id hope for a 50/50 split but I can see why the beaks divide the tickets the way that they do when you look at average attendance, previous rounds etc. Not saying I agree with it 

7 hours ago, Tott said:

Aberdeen final in 86 we roughly had  40k fans..out of 63k

Not bad a for a team that lost the league a week before.

Gretna game was pushing 45k Hearts

The support is there,our bowling club mentality at boardroom level  has held us back since 1874.

We sell significantly fewer when it’s the old firm.  Same with home matches against them, empty seats galore. 

Doesn’t matter if it’s Aberdeen, us, Hibs or Livingston the initial split should always be 50/50, wait till you see how sales are before altering it - if the OF get more tickets after that then that is FAIR…this shite every semi/final is simply not fair. This should be the case in any cup competition anywhere not just Scotland.

As mentioned I would love to see someone with a set of cohonnies stand up to them and refuse tickets/turn up - harsh on the players of course but would certainly get media coverage.

Edited by Oda be a JT
Typo

Bazzas right boot
16 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

If Hampden capacity was 75k we wouldn’t sell more than 25k so how would that be equal or neutral? 

Evrn in that case, we should still be offered half, then if we don't sell out, the remainder to the other club.

Every team should be offered then if  accepted the chance to sell as close to a 50/50 split as possible for a neutral venue.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, hmfcbilly said:

They took 40k to a final they expected to win. Yes,id hope for a 50/50 split but I can see why the beaks divide the tickets the way that they do when you look at average attendance, previous rounds etc. Not saying I agree with it 

That’s true and I don’t know if they have the same reduction in demand that we do for finals against either of the OF.  We also sold 40k v Gretna but struggled to sell a 50/50 split v Celtic. 

11 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

Then the issue is with the capacity of Hampden. People are missing out when there is a stadium that holds 15k more in Edinburgh.

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, Zico said:

**** them, this is what they voted for. 

I think it was a change to the 11-1 voting set up (which wouldn’t affect decisions on ticket splits), and didn’t we abstain anyway?

Regardless of quality, I am sure we all know the OF are far superior to any other team in scotland but every single semi final and final is a home game for them, they even have their own comfortable end.  Throw in the fact that they for some ****ed up reason always get more ticket allocation it really does expose these rats for the corrupt shit stain that they are.

Before a ball is klicked they are at an advantage.

The sooner every club starts a breakaway league and association the better.  Let these two shit smears on Scotland play each other 38 times.

For years the SFA would justify it by the "The Old Firm get bigger attendences week in week out so it is based on that" chat, well this can be shot down in one simple sentence:

Celtic get 10k more than Rangers every home game yet it is always 50/50 in an OF Hampden game.

22 hours ago, busbyfth said:

The corrupt Weegie FA manage fine for a 50/50 when its an old firm final so why not for any other final ? SFA = wretched panderers to the knuckledraggers from Govan 

corrected - point still stands for whatever governing body for whichever competition in Scotland.,.,.,.,.thats why years ago when there was a refs strike - officials from otrher parts of Europe were brought in - and remember the furure from the OF - couldnt stand the fact that PROPER decisions were made. 

Shooter McGavin
5 hours ago, fila said:

Only in Scotland would this happen 

And only in Scotland would some punters think it’s fair enough…

:facepalm:

Fozzyonthefence
58 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

corrected - point still stands for whatever governing body for whichever competition in Scotland.,.,.,.,.thats why years ago when there was a refs strike - officials from otrher parts of Europe were brought in - and remember the furure from the OF - couldnt stand the fact that PROPER decisions were made. 

Yes the foreign refs were decent that season iirc but have you forgotten the 4 we had in Europe this season?  They were brutal and probably worse than any refs we’ve had in Scotland this season!  Yes, that’s how bad they were!

On 09/11/2023 at 11:20, Nookie Bear said:

Has anyone asked them why segregation is "challenging" except if it is an old firm final?

:spoton:

SFA might as well just hand the cup to the Huns already. Why bother with a sham game?

On 10/11/2023 at 12:33, Nookie Bear said:

Then the issue is with the capacity of Hampden. People are missing out when there is a stadium that holds 15k more in Edinburgh.

Absolutely. The national stadium should hold 65k plus IMO. 

I see the sheep put their tickets out to fans with 200 points or more at 8am yesterday and by 6pm they were on general sale to anyone who can buy up to 4pp. Sounds like panic to shift tickets. 

They clearly don't have the same concerns our board do about away fans in their end with that approach which I applaud but sounds like uptake was poor. 

1 hour ago, Bainy said:

I see the sheep put their tickets out to fans with 200 points or more at 8am yesterday and by 6pm they were on general sale to anyone who can buy up to 4pp. Sounds like panic to shift tickets. 

They clearly don't have the same concerns our board do about away fans in their end with that approach which I applaud but sounds like uptake was poor. 

Speaking to a sheep fan at work who has 100LP's and was unable to get a ticket. The club have apparently admitted to making a mistake by putting them on general sale. I imagine a number of those general sale tickets would've been snapped up by Rangers fans.

Bazzas right boot
On 10/11/2023 at 09:33, Nookie Bear said:

There's even  a bigger stadium in Glasgow!

Hampden is,  or should be  obsolete.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
On 12/11/2023 at 11:21, hmfcbilly said:

Absolutely. The national stadium should hold 65k plus IMO. 

Yeah, this is an issue, should be space behind both goals to develop, not much they can do with the North though. However the SFA are permaskint and would require Govt support, which is highly unlikely