Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Morgan

• OTT

• Ricardo Quaresma

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Agree to disagree,  the league winners will likley have almost double the points of the team in third. 

It's a massive gulf, a chasm.

Yeah it's massive and getting bigger every season now due to the money both old firm make in Europe. Our only hope if England let them in or some Euro league come along. The day that happens Scottish football will start to thrive. 

5 hours ago, Mister T said:

I suggested that earlier and got told football doesn't work that way. I mean:what:?

It did when we put four past the "invincibles" a few years back.....

18 hours ago, frankblack said:

If we play like that they will get some dubous pen or red card in their favour.

Nick Walsh and the other GFA officials will be well briefed.

Yeh I just saw that Smeigel is on VAR. We're Donald Duck'd. 

1 hour ago, Philfigo said:

Yeah it's massive and getting bigger every season now due to the money both old firm make in Europe. Our only hope if England let them in or some Euro league come along. The day that happens Scottish football will start to thrive. 

100%

On 03/11/2023 at 16:00, Cruyff said:

Clark

Kingsley Kent Rowles Cochrane 

Beni 

Devlin       Hoff 

Yoda                        Vargas

Shankland 

**** knows how it'll go. 

Sibbick (or possibly Offiah) for Kingsley, but otherwise this. 

Regardless of how we plan to approach the game  either front foot and at them  from the off or organised and compact to frustrate and hit on the break we'll need to be prepared to do the "hard yards" from kick off. First 20 minutes will be crucial. Hold our own or even get our noses in front, and I fancy our chances this time. 

Here's how it'll go. 

Hearts 1-0 up and comfortable.

Half time.

That Huddy, Lammers? is it? 

He'll score a 'wonder' goal

They'll get the obligatory  penalty

Well equalise to take it to extra time, score in injury time, 3-2.  

Back up the road, cheesin..

J.T.F.Robertson
14 hours ago, Section Q said:

Would like to see us have a real go at them. Show no respect whatsoever . . . .

We're gaunnie lose anyway so why not give it a real go?

Howdy Doody Jambo
7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

3-4-2-1 for me

kingsley Kent Rowles

Forrest Beni Devlin/Nieuwenhof Cochrane 

Oda/Grant Vargas

Shankland

We need a goalie and your only allowed 11 player's 

6 hours ago, Kevin_A said:

Anywhere a US Jambo can watch the game tomorrow? I tried to get a viaplay account but apparently you need a UK debit or credit card. 😏

Just subscribe to hearts tv mate, they are showing the match, they usually show all matches live for all overseas jambos.

1 hour ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

We need a goalie and your only allowed 11 player's 

That's only 10. 🤷‍♂️

(It's Devlin or Niewenhof; Oda or Grant)

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

3-4-2-1 for me

kingsley Kent Rowles

Forrest Beni Devlin/Nieuwenhof Cochrane 

Oda/Grant Vargas

Shankland

This for me. I'd maybe go 3412 with Grant in behind Shanks and Vargas. Devlin/ Nieuwenhof is an interesting debate, Nieuwenhof played well with Beni at Ibrox but can also go missing. Devlin has his limitations but 100% effort is always guaranteed. I think I'd go Devlin purely based on the fact they'll probably have a lot of the ball and he has a great knack of pinching it back. 

Oda/ Boyce from the bench. 

I didn't see their game versus Dundee but their other recent results have flattered them. Other than the goalie and 2 or three others they are still shit. 

Clark.  

Kingsley Kent Rowles

Oda Beni Devlin Grant Cochrane

Shanks Vargas 

20 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Clark.  

Kingsley Kent Rowles

Oda Beni Devlin Grant Cochrane

Shanks Vargas 

That’ll be close imo. Will either be Forrest or Offiah instead of Oda I reckon. 

Go for it 1308
16 hours ago, Mister T said:

I suggested that earlier and got told football doesn't work that way. I mean:what:?

Ignore that reply from that poster mate....football does work that way!

Show them no respect and have a go at them . 

Show them no respect Heart of Midlothian FC and have a go at them................BELIEVE!

flag.gif.c596f47127c221196cdd25cd3688bd34.gif

By The Light..
20 hours ago, Sooks said:

If we do not then why not . Top fitness should be a given and is one of the things we should be able to match vs better teams . Hard to do much about quality but we should be peak the things we can match 

That's what gets me Celtic transfermrkt value 8x and Rangers 7x that of Hearts but whats that got to do with fitness and pace. Get into them!

I'm sitting in Section G8 and the ticket says (turnstile 70-79).

The last time I was at a Scotland game at Hampden and had similar seats they were refusing us entrance via the Aitkenhead Road Car Park turnstiles - and we had to walk the long way round to the turnstiles at the main stand side of the East Stand.

Does anyone know if it will be the same today?

2 hours ago, AuldReekiee said:

I didn't see their game versus Dundee but their other recent results have flattered them. Other than the goalie and 2 or three others they are still shit. 

Under Clement they’ve thrashed Hibs, had a decent away point in Europe in a group they still have a chance in, kept fighting to the end to win against us and ran Dundee out of town. Been a long LONG time since we did ANY of those things. Compared to us they are most definitely not shit. It’s the only worthwhile comparison today.

Edited by JimmyCant

AlphonseCapone

Almost everything says we should lose today but the universe says we're winning a cup in our 150th year so it's a done deal. Easy peasy.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Pre big match trots done 

You got a web-cam in my kazzie? 🤭

Mind you, last night's corn on the cob, 8x veggie soup, salad, and garlic nan bread might have something to do with it, lol. 😀

3 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

The term. No Surrender applies today!

A free hit.

That term really should be consigned to the dustbin of football tropes.

There's no such thing, imho.

It's the wrong mind-set.

21 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Under Clement they’ve thrashed Hibs, had a decent away point in Europe in a group they still have a chance in, kept fighting to the end to win against us and ran Dundee out of town. Been a long LONG time since we did ANY of those things. Compared to us they are most definitely not shit. It’s the only worthwhile comparison today.

True but against us at their Big Hoose, they were fairly shit. Huffed and puffed, never looked like scoring until Haring gave them a penalty kick on 89 minutes.

Anyway, if everyone of our guys does his job with no brainfarts, we can beat this lot. Surely yesterday's semi-final with a patently shit Aberdeen scraping through is motivation enough to get your mits on some silverware.

11 hours ago, Kevin_A said:

Anywhere a US Jambo can watch the game tomorrow? I tried to get a viaplay account but apparently you need a UK debit or credit card. 😏

Fawanews 

3 hours ago, EH11 2NL said:

This for me. I'd maybe go 3412 with Grant in behind Shanks and Vargas. Devlin/ Nieuwenhof is an interesting debate, Nieuwenhof played well with Beni at Ibrox but can also go missing. Devlin has his limitations but 100% effort is always guaranteed. I think I'd go Devlin purely based on the fact they'll probably have a lot of the ball and he has a great knack of pinching it back. 

Oda/ Boyce from the bench. 

Don't depend on Grant defensively. 

5 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

There maybe certain games that can be classed a free hit but certainly not a semi 

Had a burzd hit me a flick on my semi, feckin sore.:(

11 hours ago, Kevin_A said:

I have an international subscription for Hearts TV as I live in Amsterdam. Have you tried that?

Edited by Mr Kipling

kingantti1874
20 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

You got a web-cam in my kazzie? 🤭

Mind you, last night's corn on the cob, 8x veggie soup, salad, and garlic nan bread might have something to do with it, lol. 😀

🤣👌🏻

All roads lead to Gorgie

This will come down to concentration for the whole game and belief in our own abilities which are there but we need no one switching of at any point. When a chance to shoot occurs just give it go, no trying to overplay it. Come on Hearts lets prove we are a team on the up again and make the final.

Forrest at right wing back could work today I think. I'd have Kingsley, Kent and Rowles at the back. Cochrane on the left. Beni starts and I'd maybe go with Devlin and Neuiwenhoff in there too with Cammy in as an extra holder/covering Forrest when he goes forward and allow Nieuwenhoff to play with little pressure on him defensively. Allied with the natural attacking intent of Forrest and Cochrane we can have Shankland playing in the middle and allow Vargas a more free role to get into the channels between their centre backs and attacking full backs. It leaves us vulnerable in behind Forrest with Kingsley not on his natural side but it trumps any alternative I can think of as they would mostly include Sibbick, untrustworthy and unreliable. Offiah is the other option at right wing back in this formation and he had started well last week but Alan Forrest has deserved his place in the team recently albeit not in his most natural position I think he can get at Yilmaz who looks very weak defensively too me. They have weaknesses and are definitely beatable but we must be on our game from the first whistle to the last. Let's get right behind them regardless who is pulling on our jersey, absolutely we can do this.

1 minute ago, munro9 said:

Last minute change of arrangements and having to drive from Dunfermline.Anyone know the best route to avoid the blue hoards? 

M8 maybe.....

15 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

This will come down to concentration for the whole game and belief in our own abilities which are there but we need no one switching of at any point. When a chance to shoot occurs just give it go, no trying to overplay it. Come on Hearts lets prove we are a team on the up again and make the final.

And quite possibly VAR decisions and dodgy refereeing.