***Official Heart of Midlothian v Rangers Semi-Final Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

The_razors_edge
13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

**** the players tbh. 

I don’t know how to explain it any better and honestly don’t want you to think I’m avoiding answering you but I had just seen all I wanted to see today. Obviously if I thought there was a chance we’d pull a goal back I’d have stayed but I didn’t think we would. 

I stayed to the end but I can understand why people left early. The ebb and flow of the game, even before they scored, it was clear we were never really going to lay a glove on them. 

Looking on FB, X etc it’s clear there’s a huge amount of apathy among hearts fans. Even leaving the ground and on the way back to the buses, nobody really seemed arsed. Plenty fans laughing and joking, almost a meek acceptance that we were only ever there to make up the numbers. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Morgan

• OTT

• Ricardo Quaresma

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambof3tornado
29 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Sorry mate. I don't understand that. A goal back at 2-0 and we're right back in it. Plus, stay and support the team. How demoralising must it be for the players to see hundreds, maybe thousands of folk leave after 65 minutes?? 

Maybe the players could start considering the fans that pay their wages when underperforming once again in a match rather than worry about them leaving early!!!

HeartsandonlyHearts
28 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

What was the debt when he arrived as to when he left? 

What does that have to do with your point about us getting second spot?

Our debt before he arrived or after he left means absolutely nothing to where we are now or us ever getting second again. We can’t compete with the cheats as is. With their 12th man showing up when needed we’ll never be 2nd again.

First time I’ve ever left a game early in my 30 odd years following Hearts and I’ve seen some tanking in my time.

As soon as the 3rd went in, I was out with a vast majority of fans. Why? I simply couldn’t take it.

Edited by D4nny_

40 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I left at 2-0. I just didn’t want to watch any more of the match. Simple as that. 

We were the same and it was a great decision. The game was done and dusted after the penalty never mind the 2nd goal and usual capitulation a few minutes later. We were back in a cracking boozer in central Glasgow by full time, the social aspect of the day far superior to anything our club gave us, as per usual. I don't owe any of the charlatans wearing maroon anything whatsoever. They deserve **** all of the support they get. I've more than paid my dues to Hearts and not one player that 'represented' (what a laugh that is) us today will ever get close to what the majority of Jambos in attendance have given our club. I care even less about supporting the utter morons running us, whose collective ineptitude has reached new levels this season given their decision to retain Naismith as the figurehead of the club. A disgraceful decision. Today's abysmal efforts will undoubtedly increase recent obvious apathy and without major significant and urgent decisions this is yet another season that is in the toilet. 

Thunder and Lightning
11 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

What does that have to do with your point about us getting second spot?

Our debt before he arrived or after he left means absolutely nothing to where we are now or us ever getting second again. We can’t compete with the cheats as is. With their 12th man showing up when needed we’ll never be 2nd again.

You brought up debt. And now it doesn't matter? You're all over the place. 

5 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

First time I’ve ever left a game early in my 30 odd years following Hearts and I’ve seen some tanking in my time.

As soon as the 3rd went in, I was out with a vast majority of fans. Why? I simply couldn’t take it.

Despite all the crap about splitting the old firm we're still nowhere near it.

Too slow, too hesitant, too sloppy, too reliant on backward passes, too reluctant to take the game to them and to take a shot, too susceptible to individual errors and unable to keep our shape when we go one down.

I never for one minute thought we'd win this game. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
5 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

You brought up debt. And now it doesn't matter? You're all over the place. 

Lose my number.

2 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Despite all the crap about splitting the old firm we're still nowhere near it.

Too slow, too hesitant, too sloppy, too reliant on backward passes, too reluctant to take the game to them and to take a shot, too susceptible to individual errors and unable to keep our shape when we go one down.

I never for one minute thought we'd win this game. 

Absolutely this.

All this talk about challenging / matching the old firm from the club needs to stop.

Even if by some miracle we were good enough, the SFA would quickly see to it that it wouldn’t happen one way or another.

Edited by D4nny_

Just now, chrystaf said:

If we hadn't conceded the penalty would we have gone on to win the game?

We were offering nothing, I don't think so. But Zander took that possibility off the table anyway. 

Thunder and Lightning
2 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Lose my number.

What are you havering about?

Did you have a good drink in glasgow? 

Just back in the hoose now.

What a long, long day.

As they say in the movies:

"I'm getting to old for this shit".

😄

Edited by martoon

8 hours ago, Smith&Weston said:

Very poor again and until we get out of this mindset that we are playing the ‘great’ Rangers or Celtic we are never going to beat them.  I’m in my 40s and we’ve never beat Rangers at Hampden and only beat Celtic once I think.  Says it all.

You need to be brave and prepared to give these teams something to think about at the other end of the pitch.  Giving up cheap possession for 90 mins is always going to result in 2/3 goals for them and our record in Glasgow should tell you all you need to know.

Sibbick was absolutely horrendous today and the volume of turnovers we give up through poor passing is the big problem.

It’s fairly difficult for a team to get out of that mindset, when we continually have Management Teams riddled with ex Rangers players/fans.

We need a new management team with absolutely no connection to Scotland, meaning they have neither reverence or fear of the Old Firm.

9 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

Was his kid with the flare. Someone told him to wise up it's dangerous to others. And all kicked off. Embarrassing big salmon stone island top. 

God sake. I must say I felt like there was definitely an extra dose of idiots at the game yesterday. As for fighting with eachother in the stands, that’s utterly embarrassing. If that was hibs or Celtic fans we’d have been lapping it up 

3 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

God sake. I must say I felt like there was definitely an extra dose of idiots at the game yesterday. As for fighting with eachother in the stands, that’s utterly embarrassing. If that was hibs or Celtic fans we’d have been lapping it up 

Powder brigade of fans mate. 

Well waking up the next day and feeling how I feel this morning is probably the most alarming thing of where we are right now. We’ve just lost a semi final against an average rangers side without really laying a glove, all with the possibility of getting into a very winnable final. And guess what I don’t even feel that bothered. Why? Because deep down I expected the outcome that came. I think deep down a lot of the fellow support would have felt the same and I genuinely believe deep down there would’ve been players, management and people at the club who also felt the same. I said it myself on here yesterday that Naismith won’t get sacked for that and he absolutely won’t? Why? Because it’s the Old Firm and it’s just accepted from top to bottom that we don’t take on the old firm, it’s basically okay to just roll over to them every single time. Even though our sporting director has bumped his gums in the past about wanting to challenge with them. I actually really don’t feel that bothered after losing a game of such magnitude, I should be waking up absolutely gutted this morning but I’m not. I’m just meh. That’s where Hesrts have me and a lot of other people at the moment, it’s hard to get yourself up for this sorry lot it really is. I never leave early and that’s now twice in a couple weeks I have. I hate missing games and I sat in the house for the livi game. I get we need to back the side in good times and bad and trust me I’ve seen so much worse than this, I sat and watched the full 7 go in at tynecastle against Celtic. It’s because this team literally has no personality or character whatsoever and it’s pretty draining. The attitude on the park is starting to move into the support and we’re quickly becoming a basket case 

4 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Well waking up the next day and feeling how I feel this morning is probably the most alarming thing of where we are right now. We’ve just lost a semi final against an average rangers side without really laying a glove, all with the possibility of getting into a very winnable final. And guess what I don’t even feel that bothered. Why? Because deep down I expected the outcome that came. I think deep down a lot of the fellow support would have felt the same and I genuinely believe deep down there would’ve been players, management and people at the club who also felt the same. I said it myself on here yesterday that Naismith won’t get sacked for that and he absolutely won’t? Why? Because it’s the Old Firm and it’s just accepted from top to bottom that we don’t take on the old firm, it’s basically okay to just roll over to them every single time. Even though our sporting director has bumped his gums in the past about wanting to challenge with them. I actually really don’t feel that bothered after losing a game of such magnitude, I should be waking up absolutely gutted this morning but I’m not. I’m just meh. That’s where Hesrts have me and a lot of other people at the moment, it’s hard to get yourself up for this sorry lot it really is. I never leave early and that’s now twice in a couple weeks I have. I hate missing games and I sat in the house for the livi game. I get we need to back the side in good times and bad and trust me I’ve seen so much worse than this, I sat and watched the full 7 go in at tynecastle against Celtic. It’s because this team literally has no personality or character whatsoever and it’s pretty draining. The attitude on the park is starting to move into the support and we’re quickly becoming a basket case 

Sadly that speaks for a hell of a lot of fans.

I've seen worse times than this, but then I was still motivated and full of expectations.  Now my expectation is that we will get beaten.

For most of the time we're playing "text book football" but without the quality of players to do so successfully.

Where is the passion to give it a go and keep on the front foot?  Yesterday with only a few exceptions our attacking strategy was to pass back to Clark.  Aberdeen showed that passion and they are in the final.  They will give Rangers more to think about than we did.

What an indictment. 

colinmorewasgash

Daily weege saying we got it wrong with wink and laugh with dickinson and clement quoting from hunaday one of our own players oh i think it was just bickering on touchline and nothing in it. Please get rid of this hun apologist in jan and give kirk and tait a place in squad.

Long shot but does anyone know a group of 7  jambos (5 lads and 2 lassies) who were on the half 7 train from Queen St to Edinburgh on Sunday and may be missing a hearts bar scarf? My mate picked it up completely by accident and I'd like to return it as it looked quite old and may be of sentimental value. Think they were from Danderhall, there was a father and adult son (son was going back to Dunbar I think), and the dad had some dodgy views on Toby Sibbick 🤣 give me a shout if there is anyone who might be able to help reunite them with their scarf!

On 05/11/2023 at 22:26, Thunder and Lightning said:

What was the debt when he arrived as to when he left? 

Administration and a baw hair from not existing when he left. More accurately buggered off and went into hiding. Leaving others to clean up the shitfest.