***Official Heart of Midlothian v Rangers Semi-Final Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Can see it being as tight a game as at the weekend, hopefully it swings our way this time! With the right team, subs and plan we can do this.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Morgan

• OTT

• Ricardo Quaresma

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought Offish played quite well on Sunday until he went off. If he's fit I'd play him. Need a bit of pace, so probably Oda or Vargas in as well.

Unfortunately playing them last week hasn’t done us any favours, they know what we’re going to do. I go in hope as always but can see a sore one coming our way.

Glass half full.

We have been incrementally getting better the  last 3 or 4 games. They aint Livingstone and we aint Dundee!

Hopeful of a narrow victory. Cup games are always different.

Mon the JT's.

N Lincs Jambo
7 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Sweepstake for the time of the Rangers penalty? 

Nick Walsh as ref with Gollum on VAR. Might need multiple entries

I’d look to adopt the exact same back 5 as last night. Albeit a lesser opponent in Livvy, we are much more settled with 3 CBs and wing backs that can get forward.

ToadKiller Dog

Remember the semi final where Barry Ferguson was allowed to play basketball , I wonder what ridiculous thing the refs will allow them to get away with this time .

Hope we go for it and manage a miracle  but just don't see them let us .

Are the tickets sold out? Wanted to get some but because of my injury barely went to any games recently so don't have enough points 🤦‍♂️

Go for it 1308
10 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Play like we did in the 1st half at ibrox for the whole game and I genuinely think we've got a chance here

This

Go for it 1308
9 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Sweepstake for the time of the Rangers penalty? 

115 minutes...plus 2 mins added on , if that doesn't work 

1 hour ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Remember the semi final where Barry Ferguson was allowed to play basketball , I wonder what ridiculous thing the refs will allow them to get away with this time .

He practically caught the ****ing ball and kicked it in. Even from the stands it was clear as day...brutal

We need a lot of things to go our way, can only hope. Don't concede early is key. Maybe don't grab tops in box too...

The romantic in me sees this as a 2012 play book and history repeating itself. Same other semi, other side of uglies but played week before with contentious decisions impacting game. Can live in hope

'Mon Hearts, let's do this...!!!

1 hour ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Referee last night allowed a Livvy player  to play Ferguson basketball , that’s right, he gave us fack all.🤷‍♂️

Edited by jamboozy

26 minutes ago, liam11 said:

Powers that be already have Rangers name engraved on the cup, let’s be honest. We won’t be allowed to win this.

Exactly what I think. 

54 minutes ago, Walrus said:

Line up from when we played them at Hampden in 2019

20231102_195053.jpg.fae82c2936a22e502b3344930916a838.jpg

p06rhrg6.jpg.6dde4f31ff6e45126bc7fa5ba23803ec.jpg

That is an Horrific looking team.  Some quality  but crikey, just no. 

We're looking much better than that side now.  

Hearts aren’t going to dominate. We’ll have to deal with a lot of pressure and time without the ball.  It’s always the way.

We need to make it as much a contest as we can and hope we get wee breaks along with trying to make the most of the moments we have time on the ball to build attacks. 

If we could play the way we played on Sunday for longer than one half, we’ve got a chance.   

The best Hearts teams have been there.  Esp the 1998 one that won the cup.

For all the pace and talent we had then we had to take pressure and stay in the game, they fought every corner of the park, concentrated to unbelievable levels and never switched off.  

1 hour ago, Walrus said:

That has to be the least dynamic team in the history of football.

We saw last Sunday how to play against them. Need to keep it tight first half, then go for it more in the second. 

They've had a couple of wins so confidence will be high. I'd imagine they'll start danilo instead of that donkey dessers. I don't think they're anything special at the minute and we saw on Sunday that their fans get on their back when things aren't going their way.

They are clear favourites but we've defo got a chance. We'll no doubt be up against the ref, linesmen and VAR also. 

tartofmidlothian
3 hours ago, Walrus said:

Who would get in our current team from that squad? Not Berra if this is after his injury against Celtic, that leaves Hickey and Smith fighting it out for RB and Clare and Bozanic maybe worth a spot on the bench. Shows how much we've improved.

The lads, coaches and players, will have to be 100% from first whistle to last.

It may still not be enough, what with refs,VAR..., but it can be.

My nephew and I weren't going but we are now.

C'mon the beautiful Heart of Midlothian.

:flagwave:

Before anyone asks:

Aye.

This is a beer fueled post. 🤪

Ken what ? They are not that good . I miss when we went in to games believing we could win against anyone . **** Sevco , they are pretty pish most of the time and we can ****ing well do them

HHGH

Edited by Sooks

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

The big huns have hit a bit of form or getting the job done either way :(

that lammers in particular looked a total donkey but his cv suggests he’s not that bad and looks like he might be coming good

as per about 40 of the last 45 years we need to be on it they need to be slightly off it and the ref /  var need to stay out of it

I wonder if they’ll have another massive pyro display 🙀

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
15 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

We need to be two goals clear going into the last part of the game. Our defence collapses - physically annd mentally - under sustained pressure. 

maybe should be on the bizarre thoughts thread but I’ve often wondered in the theory obviously if we were level or 1 goal in front and the players were on 10k per man not to lose a goal in the first 5 minutes the last 5 minutes and the 5 minutes either side of half-time against the old firm would we see any difference

at the Celtic game as we kicked off for the second half I was thinking there is no ****in chance we are not going to lose a goal in the next 5 minutes - I think we conceded a penalty within about a minute albeit missed and then lost the inevitable goal a couple of minutes later 

it’s an ability-driven thing though - the old firm get treated liked some sort of never say die heroes for scoring early / late goals against the pub teams in Scotland and then go into Europe and the roles are almost exactly reversed - that lazio game being the latest obvious example of it

:qqb006:

:sweeet:

:pleasing:

Ryan flat track bully Kent missing that last minute absolute  sitter in the eufa final which the big huns go on to lose - he scores that every time against a Scottish pub team

The White Cockade

don’t give us a hope here 

looks like they may kick on now with new manager

3 or 4 nil wouldn’t surprise me 😢

8 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Who would get in our current team from that squad? Not Berra if this is after his injury against Celtic, that leaves Hickey and Smith fighting it out for RB and Clare and Bozanic maybe worth a spot on the bench. Shows how much we've improved.

Obvious one being Hickey but I'd take Meshino. Feel he'd be better in our current side and thought he was a tidy wee player. Must have been a struggle for him playing alongside some of the dross in that squad.

Edited by Chimp

Screenshot_20201016-102020_Twitter.thumb.jpg.8795883a7dccea178115267828d6e09b.jpg1, Never 'Beaton' Rangers at Hampden. 

2, Hearts have never won at Hampden whilst I've personally been in the East Terracing.

3, Hearts have never won a League Cup Semi Final at Hampden

I'm guessing the vast majority of Hearts fans were not around in 1962 to see us last win the League Cup. 

Would be nice to see the maroon ribbons on the lugs as opposed to blue or red ones. 

kb4dhb.jpg

hearts-captain-dave-mackay-proudly-holds-aloft-21916425.jpg.webp

Hearts Annual Dance -Willie Bauld rLeague Cup Plaque.jpg

dfrtb.JPG

1954 League Cup, team home on top of bus.jpg

Third Lanark (N) 2-1 (SLCF) 24.10.1959 Hearts parade Cup thr.jpg

Screenshot_20221009_010918.jpg

Screenshot_20230227-214351_Twitter.thumb.jpg.4cd9b1561e1afe63668c6b8d9a77e5d0.jpg

Screenshot_20220725-225901_eBay.thumb.jpg.abf42d6027582490265b2b05974eb575.jpg

Screenshot_20220610-044527_eBay.thumb.jpg.23be1c9bbed6d90acc2ae048fb73e854.jpg

matt_grays_goal_v_hearts_med.jpeg

Motherwell (N) 4-2 (SLCF) 23.10.1954 Captains shake at start.jpg

Motherwell (N) 4-2 (SLCF) 23.10.1954 Winning Team Group Pict.jpg

1954 League Cup, Parker accepts the Trophy.jpg

Edited by dannymack

I'd be starting Beni and Hof in the middle on Sunday. Hof has that ability to drive forward and carry the ball and played really well against that lot last week.

I wouldn't be starting Devlin, he'd no doubt get booked early doors and become almost ineffective after that like he normally does once he receives a card. 

Hearts 1 vs 0 Rangers. 

Goldson red card 81. 

Shankland pen 82  

Cochrane red card 94. 

Rangers miss pen 95. 

We really cannot afford to lose an early goal or that could be that .

We need total focus from everyone from the first whistle. Pressing them high and in their faces from the start.

Get through the first half without conceding and we are in with a chance