Beaton

comradejambo

12 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Watch Lundstrom again, unless you already know.   He was facing Haring, not facing the corner taking area.   His intention is clear, he was more interested blocking Haring than playing the ball.  That's a foul.   Although Haring had Goldson's shirt before the block.   

I don't know how to sort that out except to consider which player is being impeded more.   Were either player being stopped from obtaining possession of the ball.  

Hopefully ref watch highlights it.   😜 

It gets sorted same way everything else in football gets sorted.  The person who fouls first (Haring) gets a foul against them.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OTT

• 1971fozzy

• HMFC01

• Ricardo Quaresma

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Horatio Caine
27 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I didn’t think anybody would ever be as biased as Davie Syme back in the day, but the likes of Beaton and Walsh and Gollum have surpassed even Syme (who was as Celtic as Roy Aitken).

Was it not Levein who gave the major verbal attack on Beaton years back or am I mistaken. I’m sure he let fly with no stone unturned in his analysis of Beaton. Maybe it was Madden

If that was when he was United's manager, it was way before Beaton. I think it was Mike McCurry?

13 minutes ago, RENE said:

What should be done with VAR is the operators should have no association with Scottish football.   I'm sure there are a few experienced people down south who would jump at the chance.

This would be a great step.

15 minutes ago, RENE said:

What should be done with VAR is the operators should have no association with Scottish football.   I'm sure there are a few experienced people down south who would jump at the chance.

Agree with this - impartiality is key - but going one step further and making their identities a total mystery so that zero influence can be exerted by either bigot brother I feel is also hugely important.

VAR has had it's criticism in England - but not once have any of the controversial decisions had any whiff of bias to them.

Plus, the contentious VAR decisions down there get an enormous amount of media scrutiny - including the "hold on.....but what happened 5 seconds before the crucial decision" scenario. Not up here.

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

The VAR programme that Sky showed is quite good. The excitement is palpable in the room when Rangers are in with a penalty shout (v St Mirren), its almost red alert. West coast mafia if ever there was one

VAR room upon an OF penalty appeal. 

52239bde-12b5-4be8-8fbc-e9170ade00c3_400x300.gif.8975258689f761bf4acaaa801462d3d9.gif

Everyone else versus the old firm penalty appeal. 

DieselDecksMechocracy.jpg

32 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

If that was when he was United's manager, it was way before Beaton. I think it was Mike McCurry?

yeah I remember that one but I’m sure there was one when he was here too (maybe not as bad right enough)

edit….. here it is v rangers sigh

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-manager-craig-levein-given-15642306.amp

Edited by 1971fozzy

1 hour ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

I would expect our club to ask the question why the game was not stopped after the 2 minutes was up in the first half.

We will never stop all the decisions going their way but this was blatant cheating as the whistle should have gone for half time 🇱🇻🇱🇻

I was certain it went 45+2m.30s first half.   Strange extra 30 seconds. 

It was almost amusing it went 90+9m.30s in the second half.  I think he was taking piss on that one. 

Has anyone here done an analysis of how many Celtic games Beaton has ref'd .... and how many Rangers games Collum has ref'd (not counting OF Bigot Fests)   ?   

Just wondering if the SFA are actually protecting these 2 from being exposed to  "enemy fans".  If so, that would imply that the SFA are  fully aware of each one's in-built bias.

8 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

yeah I remember that one but I’m sure there was one when he was here too (maybe not as bad right enough)

Did Beaton not tell Levein before a game at Pittodrie that we wouldn't get any decisions in that game?

14 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Has anyone here done an analysis of how many Celtic games Beaton has ref'd .... and how many Rangers games Collum has ref'd (not counting OF Bigot Fests)   ?   

Just wondering if the SFA are actually protecting these 2 from being exposed to  "enemy fans".  If so, that would imply that the SFA are  fully aware of each one's in-built bias.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/john-beaton/bilanz/schiedsrichter/4097 All teams.  Beaton. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/john-beaton/bilanzdetail/schiedsrichter/4097/saison_id/0/heim_gast//verein_id/124/wettbewerb_id//funktion/1/plus/0 Rangers only.  Beaton. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/willie-collum/bilanz/schiedsrichter/699 All teams.  Collum. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/willie-collum/bilanzdetail/schiedsrichter/699/saison_id/0/heim_gast//verein_id/371/wettbewerb_id//funktion/1/plus/0 Celtic only.  Collum. 

Edited by HMFC01

14 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

It doesn’t matter they look after their friends from the other side equally, father Collum will repay the favour. 

IMG_3927.jpeg

There’s no room in “Scottish football” for a third team at the top. It has evolved (not naturally) that way, to promote the arse cheeks whilst keeping all other teams out of contention. It is corrupt beyond question. 

The graphic above is an example of this. Disproportionate bookings and punishments for all teams who threaten to disrupt the status quo. 

It is corrupt, because the game is run in the west, by people from the west, for the benefit of their chosen clubs, and anyone who thinks those people would entertain any intrusion on that are sadly naive to the reality.

The only way the game will change is the creation of a whole new league system run democratically and truly representative of the clubs in the nation. 

It is time for the other 40 clubs to pick up the ball and start a new game without the cheats.

I for one have made a point of avoiding all coverage of Celtic and rangers unless Hearts are playing them. I haven’t seen a goal by either club Hearts games aside this season, and I’m quite enjoying it. 

As far as I’m concerned Hearts play in a league of ten. 

Edited by Hearts_fan

31 minutes ago, sinks said:

Did Beaton not tell Levein before a game at Pittodrie that we wouldn't get any decisions in that game?

I’m sure he did. 2 games. One when Uche never got a pen and there was another game when we got nothing.

he hates us that much is clear 

29 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

jesus. We really have won Fek all games he’s refereed. In black and white right there.

won only 15 out of 49

Edited by 1971fozzy

gordon simpson
22 hours ago, comradejambo said:

Haring abit silly … but that doesn’t get given at any other ground! Blatant cheats!

spot on the Scottish game being killed off by little jobs worth huns and tims 

Ricardo Quaresma
On 29/10/2023 at 17:27, sinks said:

Who actually decides who is reffing what game.?

If it's hand picked someone should be having a look,if it's random the computer needs rebooted

It's probably decided over a game of Pool, or, if in a hurry, a coin toss

Ricardo Quaresma
On 29/10/2023 at 17:30, Gizmo said:

Danilo halving Kingsley.

Beaton set them off on the attack for the penalty in 2 ways:

1. Ignores blatant 2-handed shove in the back of Vargas
2. Runs in the way of Cammy who was trying to challenge their ball runner in the middle or at least track them.

He got in the way a few times, of our players

Notably upped his game to get out of their way at one point

2 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Thanks for that.  👍 

First thing that jumps out is that Collum  gets to referee a disproportionate number of Celtic games !!   89   compared to 75 for Aberdeen and only 66 for Rangers.      Why is that, we wonder ?  

Next, the bookings we get from each of them, averaged per game

Beaton  - Hearts yellows per game = 2.61         Collum - Hearts yellows per game = 1.87   

Hmmm - whats going on there, we wonder ? 

5 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Thanks for that.  👍 

First thing that jumps out is that Collum  gets to referee a disproportionate number of Celtic games !!   89   compared to 75 for Aberdeen and only 66 for Rangers.      Why is that, we wonder ?  

Next, the bookings we get from each of them, averaged per game

Beaton  - Hearts yellows per game = 2.61         Collum - Hearts yellows per game = 1.87   

Hmmm - whats going on there, we wonder ? 

This is how they influence games without being shown to be completely corrupt. This and the 50/50 calls going one way. 
In a real emergency they start looking for minor offences at corners. 
cheating weegie *****.

Beaton told Naismith he didn't look as far back on the VAR to see Haring get blocked first.

It must have been half a second before FFS.

He is a bloody shamefaced liar as well as a poisonous wee bigot.

46 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Beaton told Naismith he didn't look as far back on the VAR to see Haring get blocked first.

It must have been half a second before FFS.

He is a bloody shamefaced liar as well as a poisonous wee bigot.

Naismith is going to learn quickly about the Glasgow blink Robbie spoke about...

Something I would be very interested to know is if Gordon having played at Celtic feels we're refereed differently. He's experienced it both ways, so is probably well placed to answer. Actually, Naismith could too. 

Today John Beaton gave #Rangers 2 penalties as they came from behind to beat #Hearts When refereeing Rangers in the last 6 years, there have been 9 penalties & 3 red cards... ... every single one in favour of the Ibrox side

(from football is fixed twitter)

Just now, Wilson said:

Today John Beaton gave #Rangers 2 penalties as they came from behind to beat #Hearts When refereeing Rangers in the last 6 years, there have been 9 penalties & 3 red cards... ... every single one in favour of the Ibrox side

There is a 1 in 4,000 probability that such a bias in decision making could have occurred by chance Might we delicately suggest that Mr Beaton does not referee Rangers in future It doesn't look good for Scottish football on an integrity level

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

VAR room upon an OF penalty appeal. 

52239bde-12b5-4be8-8fbc-e9170ade00c3_400x300.gif.8975258689f761bf4acaaa801462d3d9.gif

Everyone else versus the old firm penalty appeal. 

DieselDecksMechocracy.jpg

Uncanny the resemblance of the room  😀

Corstorphine Jambo

These kind of stats are not by complete chance. Neither is the fact Nick Walsh has refereed the last 3 Hearts v Celtic league games at Tynecastle……..

39 minutes ago, Wilson said:

That will be a big tick in the box and a pat on the back from the SFA

7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

jesus. We really have won Fek all games he’s refereed. In black and white right there.

won only 15 out of 49

The record against Smeltic impressive Have I read that correct ??

In the last ten games with them and him as referee - hes awarded 8 penalties 1 to us and 7 to them (1 robbing us of a final but resulting in them appoint popcorn teeth who then blew ten in a row - Karma) 

Evens itself out so it does 

Shocking stats 

2 hours ago, Wilson said:

You've got to keep them in the league challenge somehow - Its two hoarse race don't ye know??

On 30/10/2023 at 14:48, Horatio Caine said:

Yup McCurry. DU got stitched up that night as Rangers had to win to keep in front of the other Ugly Sister!

Ricardo Quaresma
On 30/10/2023 at 14:48, Horatio Caine said:

Yes, 5 goals disallowed and rangers get an offside goal allowed or thereabouts, really brutal cringeworthy stuff

On 30/10/2023 at 14:44, RENE said:

Not a chance. Scottish football reeks of OF bias and that will never change!

Scottish football is corrupt beyond question. When will the other clubs and their supporters finally refuse to accept this substandard gash?

I say fans may one day soon demand from their clubs the option of season tickets which don’t include celtic and rangers matches.

I’m already considering making my boycott of those games permanent. Sport is meant to be fair, yet what we are witnessing in every match against these two clubs is certainly not fair. It’s utterly abysmal.

See an article on Football Scotland now where they have dragged out some retired referees to back Beaton/Muir and spout that Naismith is under pressure and talking sh**e to save his job

right on time with that mob you really couldn’t make it up 

5 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

Scottish football is corrupt beyond question. When will the other clubs and their supporters finally refuse to accept this substandard gash?

I say fans may one day soon demand from their clubs the option of season tickets which don’t include celtic and rangers matches.

I’m already considering making my boycott of those games permanent. Sport is meant to be fair, yet what we are witnessing in every match against these two clubs is certainly not fair. It’s utterly abysmal.

to be honest I hate home games against the old firm and their paid match officials. They are the games I least look forward to. That and their vile support. I’d also rather set fire to my eyeballs than go to Ibrox or Parkhead when the corruption is guaranteed to be apparent.  Such a shame but I’m sure many supporters of every club feel the same levels of apathy when playing them.

3 hours ago, merrymac said:

See an article on Football Scotland now where they have dragged out some retired referees to back Beaton/Muir and spout that Naismith is under pressure and talking sh**e to save his job

right on time with that mob you really couldn’t make it up 

They may as well wear the sash. At least it would be honest

8 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

to be honest I hate home games against the old firm and their paid match officials. They are the games I least look forward to. That and their vile support. I’d also rather set fire to my eyeballs than go to Ibrox or Parkhead when the corruption is guaranteed to be apparent.  Such a shame but I’m sure many supporters of every club feel the same levels of apathy when playing them.

'Other' Suporters views dont matter. Nothing will ever be said or done in the corridors of power as the only supporters that matter in other board rooms up and down the country are the Arse cheek fans that fill thier away ends. The old firm has long arms to hold the rest in check and can throw a brick through your home window if you get out of line. We are quite unique in that respect daring to show a bit of balls cutting thier allocation. Petty jealousy will prevent any other clubs officially supporting anyone trying  to call the Arse cheek officials unconscious or dare say it conscious bias out. My only hope is fan ownership has a long way to run with Hearts and our voices should matter and never be silent..

• 3 months later...
jimbojambo

Just watched Rangers first goal against Livingston and Goldson from a running start lands a studs up kick on the thigh of the defender who was attempting to clear the ball resulting in the ball going to the Rangers player who scores. Beaton is looking directly at the incident and instead of a yellow card let's it go to VAR who award the goal with no review . Unlike when Haring pulled Goldson back causing him to fall forward and of course he was asked to review it and give a penalty. Given how tight the league is that decision could win the league for Rangers but being reported as no clear and obvious error in both cases which of course favoured Rangers . Totally corrupt referee in a totally corrupt league. 

Busby2Gibson
6 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

Just watched Rangers first goal against Livingston and Goldson from a running start lands a studs up kick on the thigh of the defender who was attempting to clear the ball resulting in the ball going to the Rangers player who scores. Beaton is looking directly at the incident and instead of a yellow card let's it go to VAR who award the goal with no review . Unlike when Haring pulled Goldson back causing him to fall forward and of course he was asked to review it and give a penalty. Given how tight the league is that decision could win the league for Rangers but being reported as no clear and obvious error in both cases which of course favoured Rangers . Totally corrupt referee in a totally corrupt league. 

Yes, you have to wonder how the goal wasn’t chalked off. 

And then you remember it was Beaton refereeing. 

Watt-Zeefuik
27 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

With Beaton in situations like these, I feel like there's a 100% chance the Livingston defender said something to Beaton earlier in the match which got his nose out of joint, so Beaton let this play on as if to say, "teach you to talk back to me!" More than any other ref I feel like he gets bent out of shape and lets it get personal.

I've seen him officiate matches quite well as long as he stays calm. But when he gets upset about something (which seems to happen in like 40% of his matches) he lets it overwhelm his judgement. Terrible quality for a ref.

PortyBeach
26 minutes ago, Busby2Gibson said:

Yes, you have to wonder how the goal wasn’t chalked off. 

And then you remember it was Beaton refereeing. 

IMG_0252.jpeg

john brownlee

Nothing new there, all the refs are the same, they fear for their kids at school manly dominated by old firm related teachers, they have no choice they have to buck the trend. It would be good to restrict the said teachers, however that ain’t happening any time soon. If ever. I'm afraid that it’s the way the Scottish leagues pan out.

maybe one day, but I doubt it.

colinmorewasgash

Rangers being the only side not to conceded a penalty in the Premiership that gets Scottish football conspiracy theorists in a flap. Gers haven't given away a spot kick in 55 league games but Beaton said: “You are asking for an impossible question to be answered.These things happen.

colinmorewasgash

Another Madden who admitted once he packed in he loved refereeing at Ibrox sure he ll do same.