Beaton

comradejambo

3 hours ago, DS98 said:

They were both penalties ffs. Haring is the only one to blame for ANOTHER collapse.

However how the fat hun b@stard waved away not 1, not 2 but 3 clear pushes in the back on our players is laughably corrupt. One was a minute before the 2nd penalty. Like a few have said, it’s not the big calls that are the problem it’s the little ones that seem insignificant but when added up give the OF a huge helping hand. 

I presume we're not taking into account Kent at the winner? Which is frankly atrocious defending. 

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OTT

• 1971fozzy

• HMFC01

• Ricardo Quaresma

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malinga the Swinga

Thank goodness Sportscene produced detailed analysis of foul on Vargas that was ignored in their highlights show.

Oh wait, they didn't bother. Is anyone surprised.

I don’t know if it was on this thread or the matchday thread but someone mentioned it’s not good for your mental health following hearts and it’s so true. 

We can all agree that haring should never have given the ref something to think about when he pulled his shirt and it’s true. Cmon too **** though it is mentally draining watching a rangers supporting referee be asked to go to the screen to make a decision. It’s bang outta order if I’m honest. Watching them push our players to the floor without so much as a warning 3/4 times with both hands.

I know 90% of Scotland support the OF but there has got be to enough refs and officials that don’t support the OF who should be selected on the day and if not whoever is in charge should be working on it if they were genuine professionals. You just know these guys are watching every incident for the OF and then pulling it back but not looking at any decisions that are clear as day against them. I mean we are watching it on a weekly basis it’s not paranoia. 

I’ll tell you what credit to Craig levein because he always called the bullshit out. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

I just can't take it seriously mate, whatsoever 

If we had a ref, after a derby game pictured in one of our boozers, had flags in his name, give a dubious decision against either of the 2, he would be getting death threats and more than likely so would his family 

But because it's one of them it's ok. There is already multiple instances of corruption within the corridors and we all know that in the SFA's eyes, they please the OF, they get to keep their jobs and fat salaries. Of course they would. Why would they do anything else but appease the masses. 

Sad thing is, you can't change corruption if the ones that rule are corrupt to the core because they have to be to survive.

Is it any wonder you get threads like this in the meantime.

Yep, I have no issue with refs enjoying pint in pub of their choice.

What I do find strange is why a referee would deliberately go to a pub renowned as Rangers bar, have his photo taken doing so and flaunt his allegiance to all and sundry. It's almost like Beaton sticking middle finger up to all supporters of clubs out-with Sevco/Celtic as he nows nothing will be done about it.

The Scottish media should be ashamed of the lack of investigation that they offer into Scottish football.

Scared to mention the fact, and it is a fact, that Rangers died and a new club is in its place, scared to mention the outrageous and scummy behaviour of Celtic and it's supporters, scared to confront evidence of sectarian behaviour wherever Celtic/Rangers play, scared to ask why referees all come from West of Scotland, fail to ask why same referees take charge of fixtures time and again, why Sevco/Celtic fixture is refereed differently to other fixtures, why there always had to be a Sevco/Celtic representative on SPFL board, why Sevco/Celtic don't have to play midweek fixture, why entire fixture schedule revolves round their derby, why the entire Scottish football calendar has to be scheduled round them, why we have a TV contract that ties us to a ****ing stupid split because 4 Sevco/Celtic games must be held each season and why Sevco never concede a penalty at home.

Of course they won't do any of that as they're too busy rimming any and every ex and current player, board member and supporter of these two blights on Scotland that they can find.

Cruickie's Moustache

I said the other day I think some of our players are just thick. Thus Sibbick and Haring just don't seem to grasp what everyone knows.  Give the refs half a chance to knab you against the two cheeks are you are always going to be toast.

The sad fact is that fans outwith the OF know how it plays out.

Kyogo get the smallest of touches fron Cochrane last week (when looking for the contact) and its a pen. 

This week Cochrane, Vargas and Haring all get two handed shoves in the back - play on Rangers.

Offiahs first heavy challenge today- Yellow. Yet Shankland got sythed early doors last week with little more than a murmer.

2 minutes added time after 45 mins today. Hell no, let's add on a further bit of time to allow T'Rangers to get up the park.

While you understand why the likes of Sportscene review the big decisions, as other have said, all the wee sneaky shit deployed by the likes of Beaton and Walsh (aided by the boys in the VAR set up) goes on without comment. 

It really is time some serious analysis was done on refs performances as many are either biased, incompetent or both. 

24 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yep, I have no issue with refs enjoying pint in pub of their choice.

What I do find strange is why a referee would deliberately go to a pub renowned as Rangers bar, have his photo taken doing so and flaunt his allegiance to all and sundry. It's almost like Beaton sticking middle finger up to all supporters of clubs out-with Sevco/Celtic as he nows nothing will be done about it.

The Scottish media should be ashamed of the lack of investigation that they offer into Scottish football.

Scared to mention the fact, and it is a fact, that Rangers died and a new club is in its place, scared to mention the outrageous and scummy behaviour of Celtic and it's supporters, scared to confront evidence of sectarian behaviour wherever Celtic/Rangers play, scared to ask why referees all come from West of Scotland, fail to ask why same referees take charge of fixtures time and again, why Sevco/Celtic fixture is refereed differently to other fixtures, why there always had to be a Sevco/Celtic representative on SPFL board, why Sevco/Celtic don't have to play midweek fixture, why entire fixture schedule revolves round their derby, why the entire Scottish football calendar has to be scheduled round them, why we have a TV contract that ties us to a ****ing stupid split because 4 Sevco/Celtic games must be held each season and why Sevco never concede a penalty at home.

Of course they won't do any of that as they're too busy rimming any and every ex and current player, board member and supporter of these two blights on Scotland that they can find.

Absolutely agree with every word.

It's almost getting to the point where if you say these things publicly it will just be a matter of time before your name is tarnished, or worse still, you disappear

An exaggeration possibly, but you can clearly see so much evidence that points to corruption, and/or bias, within our game.

It will never change though will it ? To even hold a view, that in this day and age, our football governing authorities are ruled, and Influenced, heavily, by the two major monopolies in the game, that they supposedly rule over, tells you everything that you need to know about Scottish football. 

No point in even mentioning the media in all of this. Nope, continue to nod your head and conform. Don't be the silly one to put your head above the parapet and ruin your reputation, just for asking a  question.

It's futile to think that it will ever ever change.

Howdy Doody Jambo
4 minutes ago, rory78 said:

In what other league would the same referee get the same fixture 4 times on the spin 🤔 

I'm going to say

The Glasgow Rangers ?

Edited by Howdy Doody Jambo

Ex member of the SaS

Don't forget it not just Beaton. He has two linesmen ( they are never assistant refs ) one of which was two feet away when Vargas went down and the foul went the other way. The whole league is corrupt and those who say it's human error and daft.

Fitzroy Pointon

The problem is our refs are offered far too much protection, especially corrupt individuals like Beaton and those who are just not up to the job, like Collum. Never held to account for their decisions, never asked to explain themselves in the media. It's all covered up by the big boys club that is Scottish football. Just look at how they hauled Levein over the coals for calling it out at Ibrox all those years ago. If any manager or player even tries to question it, they're immediately gagged and risk being hit in their pocket, which is probably why they don't bother. 

All this stuff around Beaton drinking in Rangers clubs with a Stone Island jacket on, having a supporters club named after him, has there ever been a statement released from him explaining why he ended up in a Rangers pub in the first place on the evening of a game, or even denying any affiliation to a top-flight Scottish club? I can imagine them all having a good laugh about it when he's allocated Ibrox and the messages pinging through on the group chat from the rest of the corrupt *******s "LOL there gonna luv that lmfao" 

I seen Collum being chased from a junior ground years ago because of his incompotency. Nothing has changed. 

choking as I write this - but impartial officials and VAR will actually eventually benefit both arse cheeks when they come to play in Europe.

Instead of the rangers getting out of jail yesterday thanks to VAR intervening (when neither the on field ref or sevco players claimed a foul by Haring) - they'd have to learn to up their game or change tactics or do something off their own back to win a game.

Even disregarding high profile decisions such as penalty awards and red cards - it's the obvious fouls not given against them which disrupt any momentum an opposition team can build against them. 

Quite laughable that the two teams in our league who need the least amount of help from the officials are the ones who are given the most.

impartial officials - and their home / personal details kept a closely guarded secret the only way to change this. Both the uglies have some dangerous lunatics amongst them so I can understand even a suggestion of subconscious bias towards them from the current west coat officials.

When Rangers or Celtic are up against it on any given weekend, the VAR officials will be going through everything twice. With a fine tooth comb, using a magnifying glass to see if there is a hint of anything that they could spin to give a helping hand. 

It used to just be the refs and linesman that we had to be wary of (Andy Davis 2005 etc) but with VAR it’s impossible to even fart next to an OF player without giving a penalty away or being red carded. 

It would have been exactly the same at Easter Rd on Saturday. The last 10 mins the ref and VAR would have been desperate for Hibs to slip up. Any slight push, pull, trip would’ve been penalty to Celtic. The difference is Hibs stuck to their task and never gave them that opportunity. We ****ed it for ourselves. The VAR guys and Beaton would’ve been high five-ing and back slapping in the hospitality after the game, delighted they were able to have an impact. But at the end of the day it was our players stupidity. AGAIN. 

14 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Thank goodness Sportscene produced detailed analysis of foul on Vargas that was ignored in their highlights show.

Oh wait, they didn't bother. Is anyone surprised.

They are only interested in two teams. Their analysis of games involving either of  arse cheeks is inevitably biased and one sided no matter who the pundits are. The highlighted are sanitised as their inability to show the fouls on our players that were totally ignored.

1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

choking as I write this - but impartial officials and VAR will actually eventually benefit both arse cheeks when they come to play in Europe.

Instead of the rangers getting out of jail yesterday thanks to VAR intervening (when neither the on field ref or sevco players claimed a foul by Haring) - they'd have to learn to up their game or change tactics or do something off their own back to win a game.

Even disregarding high profile decisions such as penalty awards and red cards - it's the obvious fouls not given against them which disrupt any momentum an opposition team can build against them. 

Quite laughable that the two teams in our league who need the least amount of help from the officials are the ones who are given the most.

impartial officials - and their home / personal details kept a closely guarded secret the only way to change this. Both the uglies have some dangerous lunatics amongst them so I can understand even a suggestion of subconscious bias towards them from the current west coat officials.

Goldson and Lundstrom definitely signaled to the referee for a pull on the shirt.  Beaton needed VAR. 

17 minutes ago, DS98 said:

When Rangers or Celtic are up against it on any given weekend, the VAR officials will be going through everything twice. With a fine tooth comb, using a magnifying glass to see if there is a hint of anything that they could spin to give a helping hand. 

It used to just be the refs and linesman that we had to be wary of (Andy Davis 2005 etc) but with VAR it’s impossible to even fart next to an OF player without giving a penalty away or being red carded. 

It would have been exactly the same at Easter Rd on Saturday. The last 10 mins the ref and VAR would have been desperate for Hibs to slip up. Any slight push, pull, trip would’ve been penalty to Celtic. The difference is Hibs stuck to their task and never gave them that opportunity. We ****ed it for ourselves. The VAR guys and Beaton would’ve been high five-ing and back slapping in the hospitality after the game, delighted they were able to have an impact. But at the end of the day it was our players stupidity. AGAIN. 

Yep.   The players have to be extra careful in the box versus the OF.  Poor it's happened by an experienced player.   

I still recall Shankland getting pulled down by Scales recently in the box, a shirt pull, nothing given.   😜 One rule for the rest and speacil attention for the other two. 

With that other useless  dickhead Walsh in charge next Sunday along with Gollum in the VAR studio we are going to have to literally have zero contact all game. Walsh will be ready to book either one our CB’s or Devlin at the very first challenge. We know this will happen and then we are literally shitting ourselves the rest of the game because he will have a hardon for the second yellow.

I detest the officials in this league / set up

Cruickie's Moustache

The message from the Lanarkshire refs association is simple.

Any tug on a shirt and our players should now throw themselves to the ground and the ref should be surrounded by our players and the captain screaming for a foul. Coaches should be surrounding the forth official and get in their face as well.

It should be the instruction to every player in maroon.

If our players or staff get booked or sent off, so be it.

Lets go the the press and the relevant panels asking for explanations why its only the OF that seem to get these types of decisions.

8 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

When was the last time rangers conceded a penalty ? Must be years.

I struggle to think if we’ve even had one this season.

65 league games I believe which is a record, not only in Scotland but in Europe. Almost 2 years. 

32 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Yep.   The players have to be extra careful in the box versus the OF.  Poor it's happened by an experienced player.   

I still recall Shankland getting pulled down by Scales recently in the box, a shirt pull, nothing given.   😜 One rule for the rest and speacil attention for the other two. 

Agree.  As mentioned by a previous poster, shirt tugging goes on in almost every match and rightly or wrongly, action is rarely taken. Clearly VAR is selective in intervening in these incidents, namely to the benefit of the Old Firm.  Nothing changes. 

16 minutes ago, DS98 said:

65 league games I believe which is a record, not only in Scotland but in Europe. Almost 2 years. 

Edited by busbyfth

If this happened to either Rangers or Celtic they'd be issuing statements and demanding meetings. 

The club needs to stand up for itself and start highlighting the lack of non-weegie referees and constant issues in Glasgow/ against the Glasgow teams. 

Its cheating. They are cheats. 

We cant whinge as it was a stonewaller and was rightly given - a penalty which was given away by the most absurd action Ive seen in a good while. Naismiths just deflecting with his comments

17 minutes ago, DS98 said:

All the while Goldson has basically got away with playing basketball in his own box. 

2 whole years and not a single penalty. You would have expected a handful, even just an error here or there. 

But no. Because referees are disinclined to give decisions against Rangers. 

29 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

When was the last time rangers conceded a penalty ? Must be years.

I struggle to think if we’ve even had one this season.

Especially at Greyskull

Just now, busbyfth said:

We cant whinge as it was a stonewaller and was rightly given - a penalty which was given away by the most absurd action Ive seen in a good while. Naismiths just deflecting with his comments

Did you listen to Naismiths post match interview? - Essentially they were blocking off our players at corners which he was assured by the officials would be given as a foul if they'd scored. 

Haring was blocked off leading to him grabbing Goldson to try and stay with him. Yes, it was a foul, but its a moot point as he was fouled immediately before which VAR totally ignored because they were looking for infringements by Hearts players only. 

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

Did you listen to Naismiths post match interview? - Essentially they were blocking off our players at corners which he was assured by the officials would be given as a foul if they'd scored. 

Haring was blocked off leading to him grabbing Goldson to try and stay with him. Yes, it was a foul, but its a moot point as he was fouled immediately before which VAR totally ignored because they were looking for infringements by Hearts players only. 

He was fouled immediately after, not before.  Watch the replays it's not difficult.

Concerned that Naismith is pretending that wasn't the case, rather than telling Haring he's an idiot..

Edited by HopeDiouf

Ex member of the SaS

Seriously did anyone think Celtic would be allowed to pull further ahead of Sevco? Had we won or taken the draw the apple cart would be upset and the league already decided. Sevco were always going to get something from that game. There is also the lingering bias towards us due to past " indiscretions".

Just now, OTT said:

I have. Suggest you do. 

suggest you open eyes then.  clear shirt pull before the block.  you can even pause and see the shirt pull, when the block is still to happen

Ex member of the SaS

Fouled before or after makes no difference. He pulled the shirt and gave them an easy out. He should be fined a weeks wages and sold asap.

Football is a brutal game where fine margins determine where the money goes and that pull could cost us third down the line.

Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

Fouled before or after makes no difference. He pulled the shirt and gave them an easy out. He should be fined a weeks wages and sold asap.

Football is a brutal game where fine margins determine where the money goes and that pull could cost us third down the line.

I'd back that. 

He's a senior player FFS. You could begrudgingly forgive it if it was Neilson or Denholm but Haring has been about Scottish football enough to know you don't do that at Ibrox.

14 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'd back that. 

He's a senior player FFS. You could begrudgingly forgive it if it was Neilson or Denholm but Haring has been about Scottish football enough to know you don't do that at Ibrox.

We're selling players now because they make mistakes?

Good luck playing with 3 players next season. 👍

He is a devious cheating ****. He should have been sacked on the spot when he was pictured in the Rangers bar. 

However, until guys like Haring and Sibbick get it into their thick skulls that you don’t give these guys a decision to make, it will continue to hamper us against the OF.

26 minutes ago, OTT said:

I hope we don’t ever get to a stage where ‘blocking’ an opponent is a foul or a penalty. It’s an essential part of set piece defending. Everyone does it, on both sides and it’s up to the attacking player to escape it usually. As long as it’s simply standing in someone’s way and there is no pushing or shirt pulling, it’s not a foul IMO.

Scotland is the only nation on Earth where the referees are not asked to disclose the team they support.

Nobody questions this little known fact. Cant imagine why.

45 minutes ago, OTT said:

All the while Goldson has basically got away with playing basketball in his own box. 

2 whole years and not a single penalty. You would have expected a handful, even just an error here or there. 

But no. Because referees are disinclined to give decisions against Rangers. 

It’s an utterly ridiculous stat when you consider we ourselves have concede three in the space of a week. 

8 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Scotland is the only nation on Earth where the referees are not asked to disclose the team they support.

Nobody questions this little known fact. Cant imagine why.

This, It’s absolutely pathetic all the clubs in Scotland except this.

26 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

or persuading new players to sign for us 

What I find interesting in all of this. Is the timings in the game at the awarding of both Sevco(I refuse to call them Rangers as since 2012 they haven't been) penalties.

The first one is awarded well after the added time is allocated, right at the very end of the 1st half. One of the well known clichés in football is that one of the best times to score a goal, is right before half-time. Sevco didn't, which must have been galling for all those of a light Blue persuasion.

Then remarkably they are awarded another penalty in the 91st minute when in all honesty they haven't looked like scoring at all. My question is this why did VAR get involved at that time in the game? I am sure if we were to look at all the previous corners in the game we will have seen instances of holding and shirt pulling by players of both teams. So why wait until the 91st minute?

Answers on a postcard to Crawford Allan head of Scottish refereeing, the Sixth floor, Hampden Park, Mount Florida, Glasgow.

MR INCREDIBLE

I would expect our club to ask the question why the game was not stopped after the 2 minutes was up in the first half.

We will never stop all the decisions going their way but this was blatant cheating as the whistle should have gone for half time 🇱🇻🇱🇻

16 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

I would expect our club to ask the question why the game was not stopped after the 2 minutes was up in the first half.

We will never stop all the decisions going their way but this was blatant cheating as the whistle should have gone for half time 🇱🇻🇱🇻

9 minutes of extra time too. 

Don't think the club will speak up about this because we're apathetic in dealing with the governing body. But fans need to see something. 

I have no idea why we should buy tickets etc. to watch us play the OF and be refereed by weegies and clearly held to a different standard. 

I'm desperate to mentally just give up with Scottish football. I went through a phase in the early Romanov years - around when we sold Gordon to about 2011 where I just didn't really care anymore. I want to get back to that because its not changing. There is never going to be any steps taken by the SFA to improve the perception or standard of referees. We'll just keep getting cheated - whether its Davisgate, Collum buying every Celtic dive there has ever been - from Guidetti to Édouard, or the constant wee decisions they never give us so we can never get a foothold in the game. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The VAR programme that Sky showed is quite good. The excitement is palpable in the room when Rangers are in with a penalty shout (v St Mirren), its almost red alert. West coast mafia if ever there was one

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

9 minutes of extra time too. 

Don't think the club will speak up about this because we're apathetic in dealing with the governing body. But fans need to see something. 

I have no idea why we should buy tickets etc. to watch us play the OF and be refereed by weegies and clearly held to a different standard. 

I'm desperate to mentally just give up with Scottish football. I went through a phase in the early Romanov years - around when we sold Gordon to about 2011 where I just didn't really care anymore. I want to get back to that because its not changing. There is never going to be any steps taken by the SFA to improve the perception or standard of referees. We'll just keep getting cheated - whether its Davisgate, Collum buying every Celtic dive there has ever been - from Guidetti to Édouard, or the constant wee decisions they never give us so we can never get a foothold in the game

Last line is what it is all about

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

🤣🤣👍

I didn’t think anybody would ever be as biased as Davie Syme back in the day, but the likes of Beaton and Walsh and Gollum have surpassed even Syme (who was as Celtic as Roy Aitken).

Was it not Levein who gave the major verbal attack on Beaton years back or am I mistaken. I’m sure he let fly with no stone unturned in his analysis of Beaton. Maybe it was Madden

Edited by 1971fozzy

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

I hope we don’t ever get to a stage where ‘blocking’ an opponent is a foul or a penalty. It’s an essential part of set piece defending. Everyone does it, on both sides and it’s up to the attacking player to escape it usually. As long as it’s simply standing in someone’s way and there is no pushing or shirt pulling, it’s not a foul IMO.

Watch Lundstrom again, unless you already know.   He was facing Haring, not facing the corner taking area.   His intention is clear, he was more interested blocking Haring than playing the ball.  That's a foul.   Although Haring had Goldson's shirt before the block.   

I don't know how to sort that out except to consider which player is being impeded more.   Were either player being stopped from obtaining possession of the ball.  

Hopefully ref watch highlights it.   😜 

2 hours ago, OTT said:

wasnt much of a block .,.,.,Haring at fault - penalty 

What should be done with VAR is the operators should have no association with Scottish football.   I'm sure there are a few experienced people down south who would jump at the chance.

Edited by RENE