Hobos have only sold 11000 for Barca game!!!

grumpyjambo

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They must have been warned by the Trading Standards for false advertising - that advert has already been revised!

hoofballfclt5.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

MonkeyHeidHater
Sorry to burst your bubble, but don't they say ?35 on the left hand side?

The bit that looks like ?14...isn't that E14 as in the section of the ground?

Much as I'd like them to be humiliated, I think this isn't one way of doing it...never mind, I'm sure there's plenty more :D

jfc - ?35 a ticket to see that muck??!! (not barca!)

:hobofish:

Get a grip. Even thinking about lining the hobos pockets is a despicable act. :mad:

Yes Therapist i am clearly a Hobo. Mods please suspend me :conf11:

Yup, us Hibbies have been showing an abject lack of interest in this fixture. Here are my suggested reasons :

1. We have beaten them once before and therefore the novelty factor has gone.

2. Many of us went to see Hearts play them last year - along with the 30,000other 'nuetrals' around the country.

3. We think the atmosphere there is terrible, based on the lack of noise produced by Hearts fans during previous defeats there.

4. We see Murrayfield as a second home for Hearts and therefore don't fancy patronising it.

5. We are starting to enjoy and indeed encourage the 'wee team' tag as it begins, more and more, to look amusingly ironic. Keeping the crowd down for the Barca game will help to retain this tag.

6. We see no point in attempting to promote ourselves on the European stage, as Vlad has made it clear that Hearts will bring the Champions League Trophy back to Edinburgh. How could we possibly compete by winning a silly friendly!

7. The tram scheme and resulting congestion will prevent us from making it across the city in our tens of thousands. Spectator levels will be limited to the 11,000 Hibs fans living within a 0.1mile radius of the ground.

8. The bumpy pitch will be more suited to Barcelonas industrial style of football and will hamper our free flowing passing game.

9. We have spent all our money on heroin.

10. No Ronaldinho!

:rofl:

:laugh: Just let everyone know your business mate.

Sorry I mean work with... lol

You should have told him you were doing time for Hobo bashing! Now I don't condone violence however there always an exception ;)

Haha He already knows what am there for...

Yup, us Hibbies have been showing an abject lack of interest in this fixture. Here are my suggested reasons :

2. Many of us went to see Hearts play them last year - along with the 30,000other 'nuetrals' around the country.

3. We think the atmosphere there is terrible, based on the lack of noise produced by Hearts fans during previous defeats there.

4. We see Murrayfield as a second home for Hearts and therefore don't fancy patronising it.

5. We are starting to enjoy and indeed encourage the 'wee team' tag as it begins, more and more, to look amusingly ironic. Keeping the crowd down for the Barca game will help to retain this tag.

6. We see no point in attempting to promote ourselves on the European stage, as Vlad has made it clear that Hearts will bring the Champions League Trophy back to Edinburgh. How could we possibly compete by winning a silly friendly!

7. The tram scheme and resulting congestion will prevent us from making it across the city in our tens of thousands. Spectator levels will be limited to the 11,000 Hibs fans living within a 0.1mile radius of the ground.

8. The bumpy pitch will be more suited to Barcelonas industrial style of football and will hamper our free flowing passing game.

10. No Ronaldinho!

:4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72:

rumbles1874

i have hobbo mate who are going and its that bad one of the offered me there ticket free after watching the last 2 hobbo games even at that i could not bring my self to go think i will watch it in the pub sure they will be back by half time anyway!!!!!

Old Dung Heap
:hobofish:

Get a grip. Even thinking about lining the hobos pockets is a despicable act. :mad:

That's wrong, whether there's one man and his dog there or 67,000!?!? it doesn't make a bit of difference to Hibs pockets. They get a small match fee from Platinum One the organisers - same happened last year.

Platinum One (Gavin Hastings' company) take the profit, a la last year, 58000 attendance, or the risk, 11,000 attedance. Either way they (platinum one) they shell out Barcas match fee.

Still wouldn't make me go like...

First post be kind

Just about burst a gut at the eBay link for tickets to Murrayfield so had to see for myself, asking for ?70 for two tickets. So checked out SRU site for prices and its ?70 for two tickets and I thought eBay was an auction site? but also found this snippet in the Q and A section

"Q: I want to bring along my 1 year old child?

A: No problem however we would remind you that this a large football match with a large crowd, music, etc which may not be suitable for a child so young."

So it becomes clear that all the SRU problems with money and under achieving teams has been the same fantasists from fester road.

Dirk Diggler
That's wrong, whether there's one man and his dog there or 67,000!?!? it doesn't make a bit of difference to Hibs pockets. They get a small match fee from Platinum One the organisers - same happened last year.

Platinum One (Gavin Hastings' company) take the profit, a la last year, 58000 attendance, or the risk, 11,000 attedance. Either way they (platinum one) they shell out Barcas match fee.

Still wouldn't make me go like...

Garbage.

You're honestly trying to say that Hearts (58k) wouldn't make more out of the game than Hibs (11k) and Platinum one would take the hit?

You lot get better by the day.

10. No Ronaldinho!

Words fail me........

....although I assume you are taking the pish! :dribble:

Garbage.

You're honestly trying to say that Hearts (58k) wouldn't make more out of the game than Hibs (11k) and Platinum one would take the hit?

Tremendous :rolleyes:

Old Dung Heap
Garbage.

Its a fair kop guv'nor. Yes Hearts will have made more money, but the difference is surprisingly small.

In both cases, the Edinburgh team has received a fixed guaranteed match fee from Platium One- around ?100 grand. Obviously Barca get a much bigger fee. Thereafter selling agents (HMFC, Hibs, SRU) receive around 5% of the cost of tickets sold from Platiunum One.

I've no idea who sold what this year this year and last, but say the club sells two-thirds of the tickets and the SRU the remainder, at say an ave ?25 a skull, then that works out at around 40000 tickets sold by hearts = ?50grand income vs a paltry ?12 grand for Hibs (assuming final attendance is 15000).

I think hearts talked about making around ?200 grand last year from the game - so that where the bulk of it comes from (?100 grand fee & ?50 grand ticket commission & something else). Hibs are on track for just over half of that.

If it was anyone's want you could technically go without lining Hibs pockets by buying from the SRU instead, but that's a bizarre IF.

Platiunum One probably made a cool ?250k - ?500k last year depending on what is Barca's match fee. On the face of it with a 15000 crowd they'd be looking at a loss this year, but in reality probably have it underwritten for a fee.

rumbles1874
See story below -- I believe a '2 rows for the price of one' offer has now been instituted and is selling well.

I have to work late that night otherwise I would of course have attended just like all the other 'neutrals' last year :rolleyes:

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Star-attraction-waning-for-prudent.4306158.jp

so hibs are on target to sell 20000 say only half of that are neutrals then say 1000 spainsh fans make the trip the 4000 hibs fans, how many fans do we take to away games? also if they only sell say 16000 do you think they would move the game to fester road

hearts @ heart
Classic spelling of Barcelona further down on the ad - Barcalona!! :)

People should leave questions for the bloke :)

So Barca will now be known as Barce!

Typical pro-hibby nonsense from the Scotsman - offering excuse after excuse for poor sales.

ToadKiller Dog
i ve heard that they have now sold more than 60 000 tickets;)

So plans then must be afoot to put big screens in the princess st gardens so the thousands of hobos who cant get a ticket will be able to see the game.

The Old Tolbooth
i ve heard that they have now sold more than 60 000 tickets;)

According to one deluded muppet they've sold 125,000 :confused:

:laugh:

its just like smeltic & porto all over again

how many went there? eleventeen squillion wasn't it?

Can confirm a mate knows a guy who works at Murrayfield and last week they had sold 9500

A mate of mine suggested buying the domain name http://www.weeteam.net, which he reckoned would cost about fifteen quid a year, and then pointing it to trulydeludedflairmesters.net

Also http://www.trulytheweeteam.net

But he never actually did it.

But it wasn't a bad idea imho!

maroonlegions

wee team,wee crowd,wee cup and more than less pumped by the big team when they try and get too big for their boots.;):)

they are clearly going to attend dressed as seats again but in larger numbers this time, it is good that they have this party spirit

The Real Maroonblood

I am surprised they are playing at Murrayfield as Barcelona like the Hearts will have an advantage as they have already played there.

:)

Stupid Sexy Flanders
If anyone else has already posted this link to hoobs.net I appologise:

http://www.hibs.net/message/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=2538

Seems that nearly half are saying they are not going - fantastic support!

I clicked on that link only to discover I've been banned! I've never even posted on that site! (Although I did register a couple of weeks ago.)

I am surprised they are playing at Murrayfield as Barcelona like the Hearts will have an advantage as they have already played there.

:)

Heehee. :biggrin:

Is this game on the tellybox?

Heehee. :biggrin:

Is this game on the tellybox?

It's on Setanta 2. Not even a big enough game for Setanta 1 :P

:107years:

Any translators with a link to a Barca fans forum

I would love to see what, if anything they are saying about playing this dollop of shi*e piddly club

It's on Setanta 2. Not even a big enough game for Setanta 1 :P

You mean they're going to drop coverage of the National Tiddlywinks Tournament of Lichtenstein just to show that game? Wow.

;)

Stupid Sexy Flanders
You mean they're going to drop coverage of the National Tiddlywinks Tournament of Lichtenstein just to show that game? Wow.

;)

Aw.

I was looking forward to that!

;)

Don't be silly that is on after. that is quite the punter puller on Setanta TV. they are only fulfilling their obligations by showing the Hibs Barca game at Meggatland

Mac_fae_Gillie

Wow glad to see hobos are more negative than JKB members...

last years game was a great day out,took my daughter to her 1st game.

I'd never seen Barca and it was fantastic to see them play thier full 1st team and some.

OK so it wasn't a great game for training purposes SO DARN WAT...it was worth seen on a gorgous summers day.

How so many hobos attack the very idea of going is just plan odd,i remember a few JKB doing same last year but thsat was more of a protest ref manager poo than anything else.hobos almost got a manager.

I wouldn't go either if it was hearts in the same position they are getting charged 35quid (scrooge at his best) to go and it is on setanta if i remember rightly our game wasn't on tele maybe some people just can't afford to go because of familys simple as

londonjambo
I wouldn't go either if it was hearts in the same position they are getting charged 35quid (scrooge at his best) to go and it is on setanta if i remember rightly our game wasn't on tele maybe some people just can't afford to go because of familys simple as

Nope, our game was on Sultana as well

I assume by the reference to family commitments in the context of our Hobo chums, you mean that they'd prefer to stay at home in bed with their sisters.

:eek:

GC

Romanov Stole My Pension

I can't believe some of you people are still creaming themselves over this. It's a meaningless friendly and i don't blame hibbies for not attending. I wasn't going to bother with our barca game but i did go and just thought it was boring as hell. I won't be wasting my money on the hull game at tynie either, but i'll be there for all the competitive games, and thats when we should judge hibs' attendances (which will pretty much definately be lower than Hearts').

UTM.

For some reason, Sky Italia are NOT showing the Hibs-Barcelona game on Thursday.

They ARE showing the Dundee Utd - Barcelona game though

scott herbertson
I can't believe some of you people are still creaming themselves over this. It's a meaningless friendly and i don't blame hibbies for not attending. I wasn't going to bother with our barca game but i did go and just thought it was boring as hell. I won't be wasting my money on the hull game at tynie either, but i'll be there for all the competitive games, and thats when we should judge hibs' attendances (which will pretty much definately be lower than Hearts').

UTM.

Not sure why we shouldn't enjoy judging Hibs attendance for the Barcelona game.

Why miss an opportunity to have fun at the expense of your rivals when they are clearly failing to show for a game which we showed for in record numbers?

I know I have been accused of exhaggeration but a source tells me they sold another two tickets today, that's 11,002, nearly as many as they sold for the 4-0 semi.

Also hear they are looking for ?35 a ticket !

Also hear they are looking for ?35 a ticket !

The way those cretins are trying to make it out is that ALL the tickets are ?35 which is clearly bollocks.

There's adult tickets from ?25 to ?35 according to the advert. Just like it was last year when we pulled 58,000 for it.

Its just Hobos demonstrating what a pishy wee support they have again.

maroonlegions

There will be no cash gates on the night at Murrayfield:107years:, a decision outwith the control of the Easter Road club which is not in charge of arrangements for the fixture.:rolleyes:

nae cash gates:107years:, thats because they dinae expect any hobo to turn up, wonder if you dress up as a seat you get in for nothing.;)

Archived