*** official Heart Of Midlothian v Celtic match thread ***

Selkirkhmfc1874

Re the semi or final debate, the semi ranks in one of my top 5 Hearts games of all time and ahead of the 1-5 game for me. Probably 2nd top behind the 98 cup win. Sergio tactical masterclass for that one - tactics spot on, keep it tight, go for it start of second half, get the goal, then keep it tight. Unlucky to lose the offside goal but then justice prevailed in the end.

Can't beat a last minute winner v the stinky tims! 

We were expected to beat the hobos and it was done and dusted after 50 mins.

Edited by Rocky jamboa

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• ri Alban

• Clark Griswold

• Luckies1874

I was at this game. Still one of the best late goals ever. Pinball to go in but it's the carnage after the goal. Jose flip then the security boy getting taken out by the pitch invader. What's not too like. Same scoreline I suspect. 

Let's bring the noise for this. Every jambo in the ground. I want Tynecastle to be a venue they hate coming to.  Sometimes feels like Sunday kick-offs are a bit lethargic but this needs to be fired up from the start. We are the underdogs no mistake about it. But use that to generate a sense of emotion. ****  them and their entitled sense of injustice. Hurl abuse from the first whistle and back our team. HHGH

8 minutes ago, zeke1874 said:

Let's bring the noise for this. Every jambo in the ground. I want Tynecastle to be a venue they hate coming to.  Sometimes feels like Sunday kick-offs are a bit lethargic but this needs to be fired up from the start. We are the underdogs no mistake about it. But use that to generate a sense of emotion. ****  them and their entitled sense of injustice. Hurl abuse from the first whistle and back our team. HHGH

I’m with you all the way mate 👍

2 hours ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Re the semi or final debate, the semi ranks in one of my top 5 Hearts games of all time and ahead of the 1-5 game for me. Probably 2nd top behind the 98 cup win. Sergio tactical masterclass for that one - tactics spot on, keep it tight, go for it start of second half, get the goal, then keep it tight. Unlucky to lose the offside goal but then justice prevailed in the end.

Can't beat a last minute winner v the stinky tims! 

We were expected to beat the hobos and it was done and dusted after 50 mins.

Yep was at that game (2012 semi) that was a brilliant day.

Sun was shining,

I remember celtic were all over us in that first half,

I'm sure one of their players hit the post twice and the crossbar iirc,

we definitely rode our luck at times that day,

Then Hearts took the lead through probably my favourite goal from my favorite ever hearts player..que absolute bedlam and wild celebrations.

Then just when we all thought that Celtic had sucker punched us through Hoopers offside goal right at the death..then came the penalty.

I remember thinking at the time that we would probably miss it and was praying that it went in, I actually closed my eyes right before Beattie hit it, then all I could hear was absolute pandemonium around me and then que started celebrating like a mad man, Whilst seeing Beattie do the Beattie and Gowser chase after him, absolutely brilliant.

Easily my best ever game watching Hearts that I have attended, as I've never been to any of the cup final wins.

Even seeing Lennon raging at full time was an extra bonus.

Great day and great walk back to Glasgow queen st to catch the train after the game.

As with the semi final, hit a bit of a problem getting more than one ticket... I'm sat on 18 LP's but my brother is below the threshold. If possible, could anyone lend a reference to use for this game? Thank you, David 

Skippy Doodle

"Hope the fumigators are booked in; it’s Celtic at home on Sunday. Actually it may be more prudent to book sand bags for this particular fixture to help stem the tide of tears which will no doubt run from the eyes of every fan of a green and white hooped persuasion when they see unsold tickets in the home end."

✍️ - Match preview for tomorrow's match is now free to read - amorusoletsitrun.com/blog-1

D17C2109-914C-4F4B-B4EC-07F1A444BFE2.jpeg

Pasquale for King

Here’s hoping we have another memorable day tomorrow, we know we have to go at them with a fast paced attack thats backed to the hilt by a ferocious atmosphere pouring down from the stands. 

Diadora Van Basten
29 minutes ago, south morocco said:

3-2, Shanks, Vargas, Lowry. 🙏

I have a feeling Vargas is going to do well tomorrow.

I've got a good feeling about tomorrow. Don't think they've been particularly great of late and we're due a win against them. 2-1 to us with Shanks and Lowry with the goals. 

Jambof3tornado

Just dont make it easy for them for a bloody change. Give nothing stupid away and take chances when they come up.

Could do with Shanks finding his groove!

When we play this lot of toothless soap dodgers I usually feel quite negative about our prospects. Tomorrow I feel like we could get a result. Obviously they are a better team than us blah blah blah but every now and again it is just the right time to take them down or at least get something. My spidey senses tell me that tomorrow may be one of those days.

Tomorrow is actually a very big game in terms of the semi final we have ahead. If we can give Celtic a hard time it should instill a belief in the players that they can do the same to Rangers at Hampden.

Let's hope the boys are on it tomorrow.

Edited by No Idle Talk

john brownlee
14 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

"Hope the fumigators are booked in; it’s Celtic at home on Sunday. Actually it may be more prudent to book sand bags for this particular fixture to help stem the tide of tears which will no doubt run from the eyes of every fan of a green and white hooped persuasion when they see unsold tickets in the home end."

✍️ - Match preview for tomorrow's match is now free to read - amorusoletsitrun.com/blog-1

D17C2109-914C-4F4B-B4EC-07F1A444BFE2.jpeg

The Treasurer

With all the bad weather this week I doubt the groundsman will have been able to cut the grass. I hope Brenda doesn't mind if its a wee bit longer than usual 😁

4 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

I'm so tempted to open the bar early for this one! 

2-1 for Heart of Midlothian ...shanks brace🙂❤️ 

20231018_190307.jpg

Excellent choice of refreshment 🍻

3 hours ago, Baxfee said:

It’s nick Walsh today. All as bad as each other! 

Oh terrific. 

Let me guess, Willie Collum is on VAR? 🙄

1 hour ago, Go for it 1308 said:

I'm so tempted to open the bar early for this one! 

2-1 for Heart of Midlothian ...shanks brace🙂❤️ 

20231018_190307.jpg

Hoooollllddddd

Seems I may have misplaced my season ticket after one too many at the hibs game 🙈 does anyone know if I can just go into the ticket office and get a new one? 

1 minute ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Seems I may have misplaced my season ticket after one too many at the hibs game 🙈 does anyone know if I can just go into the ticket office and get a new one? 

Yeah bring ID and you should be sorted mate, might cost for a new season ticket but.

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah bring ID and you should be sorted mate, might cost for a new season ticket but.

Ideal mate thank you 👍🏻🇱🇻

Oh i take great pleasure for today's game,well done Ann and board for giving Celtic the treatment many fans for years have got at Parkhead, Ibrox, a shitey wee spot in the corner with a ****ing restricted view.

What a cheek you horrible kunts have got,will be interesting to see if the stairs are free and open today. 

Or will it be overcrowded.

How many will get in free today.

You and Rangers the most horrible set of *******s ever.

I would love it if we beat them love it.

30 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

Do we do Nils ?

Four clean sheets in eight league games so far. Our problem in the league has been scoring.

Diadora Van Basten
4 hours ago, Baxfee said:

It’s nick Walsh today. All as bad as each other! 

Seems to get every Hearts v Celtic match at Tynecastle.