• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• ri Alban

• Clark Griswold

• Luckies1874

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

What did he do wrong at RB in the derby ? Hibs had to switch Boyle to the other side because he could not get past him 

For a football player in any position the way he set up Hibs second goal was laughable.

No slow build up inviting the press, because they would love that invitation. Parking the bus would only be delaying defeat. Get it forward quickly and go long when required. We must carry a threat. No threat, no points. Shanks will play but would rather have a direct approach and  the pace of Vargas and Oda.

17 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Team picks itself:

Clarke

Sibbick Kent Rowles Cochrane

Devlin Hoff

Forrest.  Lowry   Vargas

Shankland 

Grant ahead of Lowry for me, but otherwise agree.

As per the 2012  Scottish🏆 semi-final; the 4-0 thrashing of the so-called 'Invincibles'; and the Covid Season Opener win?

Our victories v Celtic may very well be few and far between ... but it makes them all the better and more memorable.

I attended all 3, and live with optimism.

Sadly, we'll be up against some awful reffing ... mark my words.

❤️❤️G❤️

Edited by Wee Mikey

Arthur Morgan
12 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Shanks to have a great game. 3-0 

:flagwave:

Yeah I reckon he'll put in a good performance in this one. 2 goals in a 2-1 win. 

58 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

For a football player in any position the way he set up Hibs second goal was laughable.

He was shite at that goal I totall agree . He was exemplary at right back before that 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Lowry was one of the best players on the park in our last match!  Furthermore he will be desperate to help Hearts and indeed endear himself to his parent club and their hordes on Sunday.

31 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Lowry was one of the best players on the park in our last match!  Furthermore he will be desperate to help Hearts and indeed endear himself to his parent club and their hordes on Sunday.

Very aware he could go from hero to zero pretty quickly, and would a safer bet from the bench - although I suspect he will start. 

4 hours ago, OTT said:

Before the Hibs game I’d have agreed but that’s the best we’ve played this season so we need to go with as close to that side as possible imo. 

If Lowry doesn’t start it’ll be because we have decided to play a more defensive shape.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

As per the 2012  Scottish🏆 semi-final; the 4-0 thrashing of the so-called 'Invincibles'; and the Covid Season Opener win?

Our victories v Celtic may very well be few and far between ... but it makes them all the better and more memorable.

❤️❤️G❤️

Kyle's winner anaw.

I fancy us, might not be 6-3 tho.

Lowry has to play he will be full of 

confidence and will be desperate to stick one on them. He is the one player that can make something happen from nowhere and pick a pass. 

Edited by PapaShango

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, Sooks said:

What did he do wrong at RB in the derby ? Hibs had to switch Boyle to the other side because he could not get past him 

Can you show me where i said he did anything wrong at RB? The point is hes not a starter when Natty or 3 other CHs are fit. 

bobby bombscare

Always want to beat the OF at tynie but given how much they have harped on about their allocation (as if their supporters are superior to all other teams). I hope we give them a right hiding similar to to the 4-0 game and send them back down the M8 with their tail between their legs! 

About time the ugly sisters learned that their fans aren't any more important than ours!

HHGH

7 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Indeed. It was pathetic. 

Hearts 4 Celtic 0. Alex lowry all 4 goals. Echoing chants and glorious smile on my face. **** Celtic the ****ing hateful bunch of stinky smelly vermin poxy ****ers. Get it right up ya 

9 hours ago, Morgan said:

We’ll lose, probably heavily.

I expect you to be eating those words come Sunday afternoon. We'll always have an advantage over that lot with fewer of their kuntz in our stadium. 

Then again you could be right, probably. 

I want hearts to make as much money as possible from revenue. However, will happily take a hit on a section of seats being unsold if it means less Celtic (and the huns) idiots getting in. Will still hear the vile songs that both sing but with much less impact. Right decision 

Ford Prentice
6 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

Hearts 4 Celtic 0. Alex lowry all 4 goals. Echoing chants and glorious smile on my face. **** Celtic the ****ing hateful bunch of stinky smelly vermin poxy ****ers. Get it right up ya 

If that happened the media would only talk about Lowry and by extension Rangers. Would rather others got the limelight. 

Hearts 3 Celtic 0 Shankland, Vargas and Oda. 

31 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Given the weather forecast im looking for volunteers to hand out sachets of shower gel and shampoo to our friends from the west

😆 redirect the sprinklers in their direction? Water cannon style? 

Not expecting much, but any points from this game would be absolutely brilliant. 
Hope rather than expectation.
And it’s such a great feeling on the rare occasions where we do them over. You never know… ♥️ 

SectionDJambo
On 19/10/2023 at 15:35, Wee Mikey said:

❤️❤️G❤️

That victory at Hampden in 2012 is one of best victories I’ve witnessed over the last 55 years of going to support Hearts. Them equalising so late, then us getting a very late penalty was payback for those of us at the semi final in 1988. That was a very good Celtic team and we witnessed the mother and father of all goal celebrations.

It’s days like that that erase the disappointments.

14 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

That victory at Hampden in 2012 is one of best victories I’ve witnessed over the last 55 years of going to support Hearts. Them equalising so late, then us getting a very late penalty was payback for those of us at the semi final in 1988. That was a very good Celtic team and we witnessed the mother and father of all goal celebrations.

This.

Selkirkhmfc1874
20 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

100% buddy

35 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I still have my 'Doing the Beattie' keyring ... Oh ... and some tremendous pics & vids, not least of all my then 82 years old mum (R.I.P.) doing a twirlie ... not corporate either ... in with the crowd.

12 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

0-2

Game over by HT. TV off at that point given I have work in the morning.

Some of us won’t have the luxury of switching off the tv due to us being there supporting the team.

2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Oh what an absolute glorious day that was. We where into Glasgow after the train while way was bouncing even with Celtic fans crying on it was brilliant. When we got back to airport for flight to Belfast the airport security was seething aswell calling us lucky 🤣🤣 the airport bar didn't let us sit at a table because it was packed with seething Celtic fans and there was us 2 hearts scarves round the head singing rudi skacel is a ****ing goal machine over and over 🤣🤣

I really can't stand Celtic and something tells me my absolute loathing will somehow reach a new depth on Sunday, not sure if that's something to look forward to or not.

2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Some of us won’t have the luxury of switching off the tv due to us being there supporting the team.

He lives in Australia mate.....

Go for it 1308
4 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

I still have my 'Doing the Beattie' keyring ... Oh ... and some tremendous pics & vids, not least of all my then 82 years old mum (R.I.P.) doing a twirlie ... not corporate either ... in with the crowd.

Screenshot_20231020_204629_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20231020_204618_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20231020_204548_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20231020_204607_Google.jpg

5 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

2 hours ago, feedthefox said:

I really can't stand Celtic and something tells me my absolute loathing will somehow reach a new depth on Sunday, not sure if that's something to look forward to or not.

Yip same mate , they really are a horrible bunch of scumbags , it really makes me feel sick to the stomach when they celebrate, let’s hope we don’t see any of that from them on Sunday 🤞

8 minutes ago, One five said:

Yip same mate , they really are a horrible bunch of scumbags , it really makes me feel sick to the stomach when they celebrate, let’s hope we don’t see any of that from them on Sunday 🤞

With you all the way. 

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Screenshot_20231020_204629_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20231020_204618_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20231020_204548_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20231020_204607_Google.jpg

I’m sure the other eight players were on a booking from the game and the tournament so didn’t join him so they didn’t miss the final 😆

Pasquale for King

Such a memorable day, and night. Especially with Hibs waiting for us in the final. 

Arthur Morgan

I've said this on Twitter, but the semi final was more enjoyable than the final for me. Not taking anything away from the final, but it was a bit of an anti climax after the Kujabi red card and our penalty goal to make it 3-1, you knew we had won already. It made it better that it was against Celtic, I actually hate them more than Hibs!

Edited by Arthur Morgan

16 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

0-2

Game over by HT. TV off at that point given I have work in the morning.

😂posted something similar Geoff , except I added the usual bright start for the first few minutes giving us false hope & went a more traditional 0-4 ! I’m still undecided on whether to stay up late on a Sunday night !!! 

11 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I've said this on Twitter, but the semi final was more enjoyable than the final for me. Not taking anything away from the final, but it was a bit of an anti climax after the Kujabi red card and our penalty goal to make it 3-1, you knew we had won already. It made it better that it was against Celtic, I actually hate them more than Hibs!

The semi final was one of the most enjoyable games for me , but the final beats it , to see us smash our city rivals like that ina cup final  will be never be seen again in my lifetime ! 

5 minutes ago, fila said:

The semi final was one of the most enjoyable games for me, but the final beats it.

To see us smash our city rivals like that in a cup final will never be seen again in my lifetime! 

Oh, it will ... it will ...

It should've been 10 ... and, one day, it will be.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, One five said:

They're going to smash seats when they get gubbed; hey-ho, we'll send them the bill