*** official Heart Of Midlothian v Celtic match thread ***

Selkirkhmfc1874

30 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Not true tho, we were 4th last season and 3rd the season before. 

Why do folk keep saying we've been shite for years.

3rd/4th is realistic and our level.

4th is realistic our level but you want Naismith gone 🤣🤣.

For Neilson.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• ri Alban

• Clark Griswold

• Luckies1874

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

Be lucky if there was 15,000 actual bums on seats today. Be less at the Livingston match a week on Wednesday. Do they even care? Are they completely oblivious to the ill feeling that is growing week on week? Have they realised they have made another epic cock up? What will it take to make them acknowledge it? 

Loads of die hards who rarely ever leave before full time had long since left the ground today. Not because a far superior Celtic had turned up and unexpectedly won, we all knew we'd get jack shit from today but because the Hearts team in front of us, led by some inept numpties in the dugout and put in place by some incompetent arseholes up in the PR seats had downed tools again. Not only that we are a boring, insipid team, devoid of character and personality and frankly difficult to like. There is no connection between players and support and we are already sleep walking through yet another season.

"Blood doesn't show on a maroon jersey", little chance of this bunch breaking a sweat never mind shedding any claret. 

Great post 👍🏽👏🏾

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

Just to be clear, I'm not rowing back on that sentiment. Sacking Neilson was 100% the right call.

It was the timing, the succession plan and ultimately the replacement which were utterly woeful, incompetent and frankly unprofessional.

👍

As far as 10 years ago wanting our piss poor performances against celtic addressed.

And tbf Neilson stopped a hiding .

It's really just not good enough.

At the very least at Tynecastle I want some blood of this mob.

These are cup ties for the support and if Naismith can't in any way get this right it's frightening.

Send Lowry back btw the more I think about it its tinpot stuff blooding a boy and let's be honest that's what he's squaring up to be for Rangers.

Different outlook needed direction and empty the remnants of Levein .

Get some fresh perspective footballing wise and keep the other good shit going.

It's a disgrace now our record against them.

Need some balls in the dressing room.

Merge with all yhe other pissed off threads .

Honest tae fekin fek man.

Hearts ffs

StirlingJambo

We are a joke. Haven’t had a proper manger with experience since Levein and he was a joke second spell. Sick of the shitebag appointments within at hearts. Grow a set of balls and hire a manger with experience  and knows what he’s doing. Bunch of bottle merchants. Shitebag performance every time against the old firm and against the rest. Never confident going into any game now never mind against  the best. 

Be lucky if there was 15,000 actual bums on seats today. Be less at the Livingston match a week on Wednesday. Do they even care? Are they completely oblivious to the ill feeling that is growing week on week? Have they realised they have made another epic cock up? What will it take to make them acknowledge it? 

Loads of die hards who rarely ever leave before full time had long since left the ground today. Not because a far superior Celtic had turned up and unexpectedly won, we all knew we'd get jack shit from today but because the Hearts team in front of us, led by some inept numpties in the dugout and put in place by some incompetent arseholes up in the PR seats had downed tools again. Not only that we are a boring, insipid team, devoid of character and personality and frankly difficult to like. There is no connection between players and support and we are already sleep walking through yet another season.

"Blood doesn't show on a maroon jersey", little chance of this bunch breaking a sweat never mind shedding any claret. 

I reckon that the official attendance figure is more accurate than yours.

Seriously, I'm not seeing the empty swathes that would indicate less than 15K.

Screenshot_20231022_190958_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231022_191004_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231022_191010_Gallery.jpg

1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

I reckon that the official attendance figure is more accurate than yours.

Seriously, I'm not seeing the empty swathes that would indicate less than 15K.

Screenshot_20231022_190958_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231022_191004_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231022_191010_Gallery.jpg

Aye those pictures of stands hundreds of feet away are great evidence. There was shit loads of empty seats everywhere today. Many people simply didn't bother which is being talked about on other social media platforms. People just can't be ****ed with this setup. But whatever makes you happy, I understand the need for a comfort blanket right now, if this is yours fair enough. 

henrysmithsgloves

Raging at the score, just shows the gap in terms of finance 🤬 we should be aiming for third again this season, nothing less ❤️❤️G❤️

1 minute ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Raging at the score, just shows the gap in terms of finance 🤬 we should be aiming for third again this season, nothing less ❤️❤️G❤️

Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves here, Third ? are you sure ?, Tonight we are four points behind St ****in Mirren ! and they have a game in hand. We are looking at trying, very hard to stay top six this season. !

Arthur Morgan
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Think again?

Lol yeah I'm not a fortune teller. He was good there vs Hibs but obviously exposed today vs much better opposition. 

I’ve gone to Tynecastle when we have had weaker teams than today and Celtic have had stronger teams and we’ve been beaten but have played with pride, passion and have tried to knock them out of their game plan.

Today I watched that game and barely recognised what we have become. No fight, no pride, no effort. As an organisation we’ve become soft and it’s reflected in our play.

Things need to change at the club. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Awful football from some awful players signed by an awful manager. And awful excuses......

Spot on

henrysmithsgloves
31 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves here, Third ? are you sure ?, Tonight we are four points behind St ****in Mirren ! and they have a game in hand. We are looking at trying, very hard to stay top six this season. !

Third no less, remember it's a marathon not a sprint 😁

Until his goal shankland looked like he couldn't care less. Cochrane looked like he had never played left back before. Clark looks like a man who knows he's getting benched in the coming weeks. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

I’ve gone to Tynecastle when we have had weaker teams than today and Celtic have had stronger teams and we’ve been beaten but have played with pride, passion and have tried to knock them out of their game plan.

Today I watched that game and barely recognised what we have become. No fight, no pride, no effort. As an organisation we’ve become soft and it’s reflected in our play.

Things need to change at the club. 

Spot on, they beat us twice last season at home but we gave them a good fight, today was disgusting tbh..

4 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Third no less, remember it's a marathon not a sprint 😁

It's a fair point Henry, but I fear our marathon may still result in a lowly position.

I wasn't sure about Naismith. I wanted us to be bold and go for someone outwith the Scottish game, with experience and a reputation for playing high tempo. I was willing, like most, to give Naismith time to grow into the role but it's been a bit of a disaster and, let's not kid about, we have gone backwards.

Right now I would rather be a dirty, big physical Hearts team than this current gutless bunch there are decent players here, there are some technically proficient guys, there is some.pace in the side, but time and again they lack the focus, the mentality and the determination needed.to wear a Hearts Jersey

henrysmithsgloves
13 minutes ago, whodanny said:

It's a fair point Henry, but I fear our marathon may still result in a lowly position.

One thing I've learned in all the years. Think the worst,anything else is a bonus 😁 as long as we finish above the hobbos ❤️❤️G❤️

24 minutes ago, Bozi said:

I wasn't sure about Naismith. I wanted us to be bold and go for someone outwith the Scottish game, with experience and a reputation for playing high tempo. I was willing, like most, to give Naismith time to grow into the role but it's been a bit of a disaster and, let's not kid about, we have gone backwards.

Right now I would rather be a dirty, big physical Hearts team than this current gutless bunch there are decent players here, there are some technically proficient guys, there is some.pace in the side, but time and again they lack the focus, the mentality and the determination needed.to wear a Hearts Jersey

Difficult to disagree with your second paragraph wherever we stand on the manager. The two things that struck me about the team today were the serious lack of physicality and the lack of leaders in the side. We're never going to match Celtic in terms of quality, but with a bit physicality and fight we could at least get in their faces and let them know they're in a game. That performance today was nothing short of pathetic. Celtic hammered us without needing to get out of second gear. 

Aye those pictures of stands hundreds of feet away are great evidence. There was shit loads of empty seats everywhere today. Many people simply didn't bother which is being talked about on other social media platforms. People just can't be ****ed with this setup. But whatever makes you happy, I understand the need for a comfort blanket right now, if this is yours fair enough. 

I sit in Upper N and there were loads of empty seats, it's usually packed and it's sometimes a job just getting to your seat, today there were at least 30 seats empty and those that were there left just after half time.

south morocco
48 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Definitely. I couldn’t agree more 

53 minutes ago, The Gorgie said:

Until his goal shankland looked like he couldn't care less. Cochrane looked like he had never played left back before. Clark looks like a man who knows he's getting benched in the coming weeks. 

Harsh on Clarke made a couple of decent saves one especially and was pretty helpless at goals.

Sorry I'm sure it's been mentioned and I've just missed it but why was there a whole empty section behind the ultras?

Bit cringy after giving the reason that we can sell out and don't need to give Celtic any more tickets, that said if we only had 5000 at game I'd still want none of their scumbag fans there.

29 minutes ago, stirlo said:

Difficult to disagree with your second paragraph wherever we stand on the manager. The two things that struck me about the team today were the serious lack of physicality and the lack of leaders in the side. We're never going to match Celtic in terms of quality, but with a bit physicality and fight we could at least get in their faces and let them know they're in a game. That performance today was nothing short of pathetic. Celtic hammered us without needing to get out of second gear. 

Nail on head 

You know things are bad when you go to our Facebook page and the last post "KICK OFF" with 66 comments and can't see any. 🤔

32 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Sorry I'm sure it's been mentioned and I've just missed it but why was there a whole empty section behind the ultras?

Bit cringy after giving the reason that we can sell out and don't need to give Celtic any more tickets, that said if we only had 5000 at game I'd still want none of their scumbag fans there.

Unsold Hospitality I think.

Big empty spaces in the Roseburn stand as well. Are the fans losing interest? Especially the ones on this waiting list who could've snapped up the tickets today.

9 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Big empty spaces in the Roseburn stand as well. Are the fans losing interest? Especially the ones on this waiting list who could've snapped up the tickets today.

Maybe it was just where I was sitting but there was not much confidence around and I noticed there was not much atmosphere in the ground before the KO unlike what its like normally against them.

1 minute ago, One five said:

Maybe it was just where I was sitting but there was not much confidence around and I noticed there was not much atmosphere in the ground before the KO unlike what its like normally against them.

Have to admit, I didn't bother going today. I was working until 2pm but could've got away early to get to the match. I decided to leave my ST in the house and not bother my arse because I knew exactly what was going to happen today.

Shan times when there's no excitement surrounding big match days at Tynecastle.

4 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Have to admit, I didn't bother going today. I was working until 2pm but could've got away early to get to the match. I decided to leave my ST in the house and not bother my arse because I knew exactly what was going to happen today.

Shan times when there's no excitement surrounding big match days at Tynecastle.

Indeed mate.

49 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Wow really? I mean it was a massive section and the same again in Roseburn stand it was only half full. Really dissapointing to see and I fear it's something we will start seeing more off. 

3 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Wow really? I mean it was a massive section and the same again in Roseburn stand it was only half full. Really dissapointing to see and I fear it's something we will start seeing more off. 

It's genuinely boring going to watch for the past 18 months, we have a team of soft players who are more intent on making passes backwards for fear of getting booed then trying to lift there head and play forward.

People going after managers but the people to blame are Savage and McKinley.  Savage pretending to be a sporting director and McKinley pretending to be a CEO. 

Both have dragged us back years.

7 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Not only that. Even before half time Hearts tv was picking up a barrel load of empty rows and empty seats in every stand.

2 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

One thing I've learned in all the years. Think the worst,anything else is a bonus 😁 as long as we finish above the hobbos ❤️❤️G❤️

😄 That's called, being a Hearts supporter mate, I know the feeling well. 

Edited by whodanny

16 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

I know a lot of fans will say they don't give a ****, and that's fair enough, but it's a bit embarrassing not selling out the home end after cutting Celtic's allocation. 

We have backed the club big time and been very patient post admin, but that patience has finally gone and I think we're going to see more gaps in the stands appear as the season goes on. We need to get our finger out because I don't want to be going back to the days of giving the OF the full stand, which will happen if the club want to maximise sales.

18 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Just looked at table , we have won one more than Ross County who have played 2 less.

Not the start I hoped for.

Just as well for Ross County mate, in his 16 league games in charge, 2 of the 5 wins Naismith and his cohorts have managed have been against them! 

7 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

I know a lot of fans will say they don't give a ****, and that's fair enough, but it's a bit embarrassing not selling out the home end after cutting Celtic's allocation. 

We have backed the club big time and been very patient post admin, but that patience has finally gone and I think we're going to see more gaps in the stands appear as the season goes on. We need to get our finger out because I don't want to be going back to the days of giving the OF the full stand, which will happen if the club want to maximise sales.

What’s pissing me off ! We give Celtic 800 tickets fans leaving after 60 minutes we can’t even put a team on the park to compete! Never mind foundation money or waiting lists for season tickets ! We are getting short changed and it must stop now ! 

periodictabledancer
12 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

The club currently has far bigger issues than how many tickets to give to away fans.

13 hours ago, Ked said:

As far as 10 years ago wanting our piss poor performances against celtic addressed.

And tbf Neilson stopped a hiding .

It's really just not good enough.

At the very least at Tynecastle I want some blood of this mob.

These are cup ties for the support and if Naismith can't in any way get this right it's frightening.

Send Lowry back btw the more I think about it its tinpot stuff blooding a boy and let's be honest that's what he's squaring up to be for Rangers.

Different outlook needed direction and empty the remnants of Levein .

Get some fresh perspective footballing wise and keep the other good shit going.

It's a disgrace now our record against them.

Need some balls in the dressing room.

Merge with all yhe other pissed off threads .

Honest tae fekin fek man.

Hearts ffs

I didn’t get to watch yesterday but compare this mob with Alec MacDonalds Hearts.

Combination of solid senior pros and promising home grown youngsters 

European nights under the floodlights were the likes of Bayern Munich and Dukla Prague struggled. Rabid atmosphere because of a team who fought for everything. More often than not got tore into the OF even if results weren’t always there.

This mob. Embarrassing in Europe. Slow. Pedestrian. Zero fight producing zero atmosphere. We deserve way more

Ex member of the SaS

TBF Celtic are miles ahead of us in terms of player quality. That however does not excuse players sleeping during a game. They should have been well up for this and playing at the peak of their ability. Ok we probably would still have lost but by putting in the effort they would get the praise they deserve. I was ok with SN getting the job as he talked the talk. but his selections and subs are baffling. Played better after the subs the once brought on did well but it was bizarre the ones he took off. 

No manager will get the boot for one game against the bigot twins but this is not the first time.

Need a clear out of dummies and a new proper manager and not someone from within or even from Scottish football.

It's not as if we are tight for cash.

Ex member of the SaS
11 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Don't forget there are many that won't attend the bigot games due to the away fans

On 17/10/2023 at 17:25, Go for it 1308 said:

Cheer up mate🙂

This is why I don't get excited for this fixture. We never lay a glove on them.

13 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

People still believe in this waiting list rubbish? 

32 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Don't forget there are many that won't attend the bigot games due to the away fans

Nothing to do with away fans. Loads of people can't be ar*ed due to knowing we will get pumped before a ball is even kicked. It would have 100% been a sell out if we were top of league. 

14 hours ago, Bozi said:

really? Sibbick got a yellow card for winning the ball yesterday. sorry, but the refs cannot wait to flash the cards at our players. If we're more physical we'll be down to 10 men before you know it.

shankland is reminding me of Uche. After a good start / season for both, it seems like every 50/50 wrestling match with a defender results in a free kick against us. 

I'd rather someone was teaching our lads the dark arts to trick refs into giving us more decisions. It stops opposition teams building moment against us - something both ugly sisters are good at.