Vargas

Graham Thomson

Graham Thomson

What exactly does he bring to the team? 

Apart from one shot that hit the post in a previous game, whether or not next season he improves he doesn't contribute anything just now. 

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Graham Thomson

• jamboinglasgow

• CMc

No obvious attributes apart from a bit of pace. Zero goal contributions in 9 games for someone who's supposed to be an attacking threat.

Graham Thomson
1 minute ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Nonsense, he's better than most wingers outside the OF

Forrest plays like a winger at least you can see what he is trying to do, Vardas has been a passenger in most of the games he has played. 

Just a bit too weak for me at the moment. He puts himself about, but is bullied off the ball too easily and doesn't have the end product yet.

Think he'll still come good though, but he might not enjoy the cold winter so much first...

12 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Nonsense, he's better than most wingers outside the OF

In no way writing the lad off, but that's a shocking call. 0 goals, 0 assists. Must be some stinking wingers in the league! 

Tries hard does plenty closing down. I’m sure there’s a player in there. Hopefully that will bubble to the surface before too long. 

Great energy and hope he does become a vital player for us. Hes a bit powder puff just now to be honest. Forest has come onto a game and we need to capitalise on that. Vargas is not finished. Hes still learning. I think he will come good. 

Try him down the middle & then you'll see what he brings, wasted out wide. An ideal replacement for Gino.

Edited by Jam-Tart

All roads lead to Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

Been offering more lately than Shanks IMO

The corner flag has been offering more than Shanks recently😀. I think Vargas is a good player that needs a bit of coaching on game awareness. Not sure he is getting that from the dugout as it stands right now unfortunately.

21 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Nah ko having that,he's young and hungry and grafts his ball off.

No his fault we shat a 2 goal lead.

This. A lot of other players I’d have out way before him 

Needs his first goal. He's lively and I think from South amarrica he needs more Time to settle. He'll get better. Starting to show better strength etc when reviewing the ball. Maybe nit the beat game to put him into 

It's a tricky one as he works hard but today offered next to nothing in the forward areas, Forrest must have beat his man 10/15 times today I don't recall Vargas beating his man once.

Did nothing wrong today apart from a heavy touch in the box. Gives an option with some pace down the sides, seems confident on the ball.  Desperately needs a goal to settle down, but also needs more games to gel with the squad. 

Bear in mind he's a young lad who has moved halfway across the world to a very different country to what he's used to, and we're expecting him to just settle down into a management team and squad full of players with fairly extreme accents?  He must wonder what the **** people are saying sometimes, which must make it hard to acclimatise and get on the same wavelength as other players. I doubt anyone in the squad speaks Spanish, so it's going to be a struggle for him. 

Let's not write him off after 6 or 7 games ffs. Honking thread. 

Let's not forget he also got clattered in the first half. Watching it in slow motion, I would not have been surprised to see a red card for Fish.  You see red cards for high speed slides like that every so often, and he did have his studs up. 

Imagine thinking that you have a decent enough grasp of basic English and that you could handle a move to a country where they speak a different language, and you wind up in front of a bunch of Weegies who are trying to explain their ideas and tactics to you. :lol:

No wonder he might need a bit of time to settle. 

Remember Oda? Remember he moved half way across the world and took time to settle? This guy has come from Costa Rica to p!ssing down Scotland. He has done fine and will only get better. 

Vargas works extremely hard, he's not having much luck in the final 3rd, but he's a very tidy player. 

He will absolutely come good. But I do tend to agree, he didn't offer very much in terms of composure in the final 3rd today., 

I think in an ideal world Oda would be ahead of him and he'd be helping by coming on later in games where he can make an impact. 

best in the land

Been mostly ineffective so far.

Seen little flashes but needs more experienced manager.

Maybe better off the bench for a spell 

Regular John

He seems to really lack the technical ability and awareness to turn his decent pace in to any real threat.

Obviously he gives off the impression he cares, runs about a lot, going about shouting at the opposition, getting in their faces etc, I thought he was maybe at one point recently he was going to transform in to new Suso, but he lacks the direct penetration and effectiveness we saw regularly from the Spaniard.

He just appears to be out of his depth a bit, can't really see the potential for him remaining a regular at this level for us unless something significant changes.

What a weird thread. Worked really hard, got behind them a bunch of times, nearly dribbled through the lot of them a couple of times, put in a massive shift off the ball. 

Something in there for sure talent wise.

I think the problem we have is that Forrest, Oda and Vargas all prefer to play on the right flank and there is a relatively noticeable drop off when they play on the left. 

Graham Thomson
7 minutes ago, CMc said:

What a weird thread. Worked really hard, got behind them a bunch of times, nearly dribbled through the lot of them a couple of times, put in a massive shift off the ball. 

Are you serious? Maybe I just expect more.

If he is a project for the future then that is another discussion but right now we need a winger who beats players, puts in crosses, chips in with some goals and he does none of these things.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Good player get this thread to ****. 

This,we haven't seen the best of him because we havent been at our best!!! Plenty more to come.

Another shite post match thread.

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Good player get this thread to ****. 

Come on m8, he is in the team to score or assist, he has done neither all season bar being brought down for a penalty after a VAR. 

He is an absolute myth with Hearrs fans on here. No way he should be stating in the future he doesn't merit a place in the team atm.

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Nah ko having that,he's young and hungry and grafts his ball off.

No his fault we shat a 2 goal lead.

I wouldn't even say we shat it , Hibs got the momentum from the 1st goal, caught us unawares... overall Hearts were the better team. 2-2 draw, 1 point, more positives than negatives... move on.

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Come on m8, he is in the team to score or assist, he has done neither all season bar being brought down for a penalty after a VAR. 

He is an absolute myth with Hearrs fans on here. No way he should be stating in the future he doesn't merit a place in the team atm.

We have got an injure list linger than our arm. He’s playing so much because of that. 

He’s done fine so far and will improve. 

ooh-aah-cantona

He’s another ‘project player’ along with Lowry, Oda, Tagawa and you can argue most of the Australians. 

I like him but he definitely needs a spell out the team and I’d like to see him through the middle.