***Heart Of Midlothian Vs H1b5*** Official Match Thread

Masonic

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

I honestly thought at RB he was doing fine. Kept Boyle pretty quiet. Looked very uncomfortable at CB though 😳

agreed.  If playing can only be at rb 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• GinRummy

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Berrassobad said:

IMO Halliday should have been on - no brainer - totally baffling - also the Lowry sub was done for subbing sake (60 minutes - managers must sub someone(which I never understand)

But really, Halliday haters get a grip. Gets abuse and wasn't even playing. Gives 100% (like Forrest ((who was a bawbag two weeks ago remember)

And yes he is fit - I watch him train.

Is he a hun - yes - is he a w£££stain - dunno - was he playing - no - did Sibbick fek up twice - yes.

Do you honestly think he could cope with Boyle or Youans pace? Honest triers aren’t going to help us progress. 

Jambojamie91
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

This word experience is now banded about like it’s critical.  We’ve had loads of experienced managers and they’ve all made daft subs as well.

I remeber being 1 up at Easter road and leaving after their 6th and that experienced manager is lauded as a hero.  Alex Macdonald’s is our best ever and he was a player manager and also made plenty of mistakes.

i presume you avoided my first question becuase naisy, absolutely got starting line up spot on today

Naismith won’t last till Christmas, he’ll not win a game this month and probably next month also. His team selection wasn’t the best either. Shankland seems unstoppable and I’m not a fan of our centre mids. So no he never got it correct. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, munro9 said:

If he’d brought Halliday on at left back the centre of defence, which was playing well would haven’t have been disrupted . Thought it was crazy to shuffle the whole defence when it wasn’t necessary.

No they just would’ve struggled to cope with Boyle or Youan walking down the left wing at their leisure. Offiah should’ve slotted in at LB, he’s played there before apparently. 

Jambojamie91
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He’s not been great. He might get better. Halliday’s too slow to deal with  any of the Hibs attackers and won’t get better. I didn’t want him brought on. 

Worked really well that, moving Sibbick in and Offiah at rb. Halliday at lb and keeping everyone else In the same starting position just makes sense to everyone bar that baldy fraud. 

Now that I’ve calmed down a bit (not fully) there are a few positives to take. One of them being that this Hibs team are not good in the slightest. I was worried for a while that this guy would come in and make a difference to them but I needn’t had, they are still shite and on todays evidence actually worse than last year. I’m positive that was their strongest team, no injuries and the best they could produce. They were awful. 

We are missing 6 or 7 potential starters and we bossed them, again. 3 wins out of the next 3 derbies needs to be then aim now. And if we get them in the final of the league cup there should be zero fears. 

3 minutes ago, Jambojamie91 said:

Worked really well that, moving Sibbick in and Offiah at rb. Halliday at lb and keeping everyone else In the same starting position just makes sense to everyone bar that baldy fraud. 

Bringing Halliday on made no sense to me. He’s utter pony and too slow to deal with any of the Hibs attackers. Folk were screaming on here for Sibbick to replace Rowles just two weeks ago in a thread that ran to loads of pages. The changes didn’t work today, easy to criticise in hindsight. 

Edited by GinRummy

upgotheheads

We had spells when we could have killed the game off, and Hibs could have snatched the points late on. Over the piece, it was a decent game and a fair enough result. My only gripe is that we lost the ball, or gave it away, too often in one one-on-ones.  

Jambojamie91
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Bringing Halliday on made no sense to me. He’s utter pony and too slow to deal with any of the Hibs attackers. Folk were screaming on here for Sibbick to replace Rowles just two weeks ago in a thread that ran to loads of pages. The changes didn’t work today, easy to criticise in hindsight. 

No, everyone could see that doing a like for like replacement made sense. Instead we shifted everyone of our back 4 over. It was an inexperienced and idiotic move and everyone seen that it was gonna cost us.

14 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Now that I’ve calmed down a bit (not fully) there are a few positives to take. One of them being that this Hibs team are not good in the slightest. I was worried for a while that this guy would come in and make a difference to them but I needn’t had, they are still shite and on todays evidence actually worse than last year. I’m positive that was their strongest team, no injuries and the best they could produce. They were awful. 

We are missing 6 or 7 potential starters and we bossed them, again. 3 wins out of the next 3 derbies needs to be then aim now. And if we get them in the final of the league cup there should be zero fears. 

2 derbies surely .

2 minutes ago, Jambojamie91 said:

No, everyone could see that doing a like for like replacement made sense. Instead we shifted everyone of our back 4 over. It was an inexperienced and idiotic move and everyone seen that it was gonna cost us.

It wasn’t everyone moving that cost us it was Sibbick moving. A player who moved into his preferred position. Saying everyone moving cosy us is incorrect. 

Jambojamie91
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

It wasn’t everyone moving that cost us it was Sibbick moving. A player who moved into his preferred position. Saying everyone moving cosy us is incorrect. 

So if Halliday being brought on we wouldn’t have moved him. It was a shocking decision from the baldy frauds and that cost us. 

22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Do you honestly think he could cope with Boyle or Youans pace? Honest triers aren’t going to help us progress. 

Please read previous posts. Noone mentioned progress - hes a utility band aid type player for when needs must. Join the f&ck up your CB pairing club. Regards, 

Edited by Berrassobad
stella artois

So if Halliday being brought on we wouldn’t have moved him. It was a shocking decision from the baldy frauds and that cost us. 

For all you know we could have lost if Halliday had played. The changes didn’t work because Sibbick had a shocker in his preferred position. That’s on Sibbick. 

Edited by GinRummy

13 minutes ago, DS98 said:

This was the topic of conversation in the boozer after the game. It isn't really any consolation because we blew it today, but that was probably Hibs' strongest side. 

We have Gordon, Halkett, Atkinson, Cochrane, McKay and Oda, who all start today's game if they are fit. 

Go for it 1308
40 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

mate, we were the better team by miles so crack on.  Just  prep to be very irritated 

Ffs wish me luck

1 minute ago, Jambojamie91 said:

Yes, but Halliday would have been annihilated for pace by Youhan/Boyle. 

With hindsight, Toby should have stayed at RB where he was doing fine and Offiah at CB (which is his actual position).

Jambojamie91
Just now, MattyK82 said:

With hindsight, Toby should have stayed at RB where he was doing fine and Offiah at CB (which is his actual position).

Offiah shouldn’t be at hearts he’s horrendous. Halliday was the sub and everyone knows it

Edited by Jambojamie91

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Berrassobad said:

Please read previous posts. Noone mentioned progress - hes a utility band aid type player for when needs must. Join the up CB pairing club. Regards, 

Answer the question, do you think that slow old hun could keep up with Boyle or Youan? He would’ve been torn to pieces, theres a multitude of reasons why hes not playing. Hes not up to the job of any position. 

Go for it 1308
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

I was there and just watched the highlights. I'd advise no unless you want to see a sibbick assist and become raging. 

Shocking. 

🥺👍

Jambojamie91
1 minute ago, MattyK82 said:

Would he though? Kingsley is slow but wasn’t annihilated? It’s all about how you position yourself. Offiah isn’t good enough and Sibbick was doing just fine at RB, the management ****ed it end of.

Just now, Jambojamie91 said:

Offiah shouldn’t be at hearts he’s horrendous. Halliday was the sub and everyone knows it

Again, Halliday would have been rinsed. He wasn’t the sub. Not for LB anyway.

I get why there’s a lot of focus on this. But had we taken even one more of our multiple good chances, there wouldn’t be nearly as much debate.

Fly the Saltire

Manager not to blame for Sibbick's brain storms although he is much better at right back as he is quick and good on the ball going forward. No obvious centre back replacement  due to our recruitment and Rowles was very good at left back role. Halliday is far too slow to cope with speedy wingers and just winding down his contract. Offiah is not a great player and obviously management have no confidence in him  as a centre back. Once again our injury problems come back to haunt us as we were by far  the better team today despite Sportscene pundits

Having said all that, the fact remains that Sky sells Scottish football short,  for a neutral this was a great match as are most games involving  Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen but Sky can't see past the Ugly sisters in Glasgow

There’s at least two people who don’t see it that way so not everyone. 

Would he though? Kingsley is slow but wasn’t annihilated? It’s all about how you position yourself. Offiah isn’t good enough and Sibbick was doing just fine at RB, the management ****ed it end of.

Kingsley is a speed merchant compared to Halliday! 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

This was the topic of conversation in the boozer after the game. It isn't really any consolation because we blew it today, but that was probably Hibs' strongest side. 

We have Gordon, Halkett, Atkinson, Cochrane, McKay and Oda, who all start today's game if they are fit. 

They had Cadden and Doyle-Hayes out and Marshall went off obviously. Those 6 all make us a better team obviously. 

Jambojamie91
2 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Again, Halliday would have been rinsed. He wasn’t the sub. Not for LB anyway.

I get why there’s a lot of focus on this. But had we taken even one more of our multiple good chances, there wouldn’t be nearly as much debate.

Disagree because that was the sub that cost us. By moving Sibbick it cost us. So Halliday would have been the sub and wouldn’t have cost us.

kingantti1874
32 minutes ago, Jambojamie91 said:

Naismith won’t last till Christmas, he’ll not win a game this month and probably next month also. His team selection wasn’t the best either. Shankland seems unstoppable and I’m not a fan of our centre mids. So no he never got it correct. 

If he doesn’t last it will be on account of shite fans with zero patience, little knowledge a d a complete lack of willingness to see the positives.

Best derby performance for ages. And we utterly dominated midfiled

so he did. 

Edited by kingantti1874

Jambojamie91
2 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Kingsley is a speed merchant compared to Halliday! 

Still wouldn’t have conceded they goals with Halliday there as Sibbick would have been rb.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Answer the question, do you think that slow old hun could keep up with Boyle or Youan? He would’ve been torn to pieces, theres a multitude of reasons why hes not playing. Hes not up to the job of any position. 

Hello Mr King. Thankyou for your correspondence. To answer your question (whilst slightly demanding tone) - I think you are possibly correct that Mr Halliday (regardless of age or previous affiliations) would have had his hands full for sure. Seem to remember a double from him in last years home derby. Can you explain why you feel moving our preferred CB pairing was a good idea. The most successful pairing in the league statistically and on show. I look forward to your reply at your earliest convenience.

kingantti1874

Still wouldn’t have conceded they goals with Halliday there as Sibbick would have been rb.

imagine putting a CB at CB. Criminal. I’m sure no experienced manager would have done that 🤣🤣🤣

Those goals? Maybe not. Other goals - probably. I have no issue with AH - but he cannot play against fast players. That in itself would have brought likely other problems. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Everyone that would have absolutely slated Neilson for taking an attacking player off for a defensive midfielder tying themselves in ****ing knots trying to justify it.

Everyone that would have slated any other manager not to have beaten Hibs in his first 3 attempts - when they have been shite - totally ignoring the fact.

Naismith has done absolutely nothing to justify the whataboutery from those fans and/or our club and/or his own bullshit from last season about how he wants to play to this season and what he says and how we are playing.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Jambojamie91
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

imagine putting a CB at CB. Criminal. I’m sure no experienced manager would have done that 🤣🤣🤣

Imagine putting a cb at rb when a cb was already there. Not one person can convince me Offiah is a rb. Rotten.

Ron Burgundy
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What a shitey way to describe a current Hearts player. 

Ron Burgundy

I’ve been away in the huff for the last few hours. Has Tinkerman given an interview yet and his reason for taking off our most effective attacker?

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Berrassobad said:

Hello Mr King. Thankyou for your correspondence. To answer your question (whilst slightly demanding tone) - I think you are possibly correct that Mr Halliday (regardless of age or previous affiliations) would have had his hands full for sure. Seem to remember a double from him in last years home derby. Can you explain why you feel moving our preferred CB pairing was a good idea. The most successful pairing in the league statistically and on show. I look forward to your reply at your earliest convenience.

As you replied earlier on about reading other posts Ive said about ten times that you don’t make 3 changes, Offiah to LB while not ideal was the correct substitute, not Halliday. 
Scoring twice 18 months ago while playing in midfield was great but he’s regressed since then, Forrest joined a huge list of donkeys that have scored against Hibs, not a difficult task really. 
As for you weird way of answering questions 😆🤪.

Jambojamie91
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

As you replied earlier on about reading other posts Ive said about ten times that you don’t make 3 changes, Offiah to LB while not ideal was the correct substitute, not Halliday. 
Scoring twice 18 months ago while playing in midfield was great but he’s regressed since then, Forrest joined a huge list of donkeys that have scored against Hibs, not a difficult task really. 

Offiah was never the correct sub. He shouldn’t even be at hearts. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hes not, never has been or will ever be a CB. He cant head the ball ffs, two assists today should see never play there again for us. 

Pasquale for King

Offiah was never the correct sub. He shouldn’t even be at hearts. 

Who would you have put on? Halliday hahaha wouldn’t have cost us hahaha ffs they’re wingers would’ve ripped him to pieces 🤦🏽🤪.

Edited by Pasquale for King
Spelling

indianajones

Kingsley is as slow as a week in jail but his positional intelligence gets him out of trouble a lot imo. Great player who was coming back to form before this injury. Hope it's not serious. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

What a shitey way to describe a current Hearts player. 

**** that hun *****, you should’ve heard describe the other useless ***** as we threw away a victory Im sure they’ll be having a great night. 

Jambojamie91
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Who would you have put on?

Halliday, the person that’s played lb comfortable loads of times. Instead of moving our whole back line across to accommodate a dugmeat player

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Jambojamie91 said:

Imagine putting a cb at rb when a cb was already there. Not one person can convince me Offiah is a rb. Rotten.

me neither.  It’s didn’t work out but it’s was hardly crime of the century. Without a brain fart from sibbickd we’d have won comfortably . I’ve seen some all time great hearts managers so far worse.  

we are missing a full team of players up against them at full strength.

pit it in perspective for **** sake 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hes not, never has been or will ever be a CB. He cant head the ball ffs, two assists today should see never play there again for us. 

I didn’t say he was a good one. Reality is with Kingsley, Cochrane, Halkett, Atkinson fit it doesn’t happen.  I’m not convinced offiah is a CH either so prob felt it was best of some bad options

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I was referring to MY previous posts - perhaps I should have made that clearer for you. Slow, old and now weird - quite descriptive. Moving forward (as is your want) my answers will contain pictures for you.

Jambojamie91
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

me neither.  It’s didn’t work out but it’s was hardly crime of the century. Without a brain fart from sibbickd we’d have won comfortably . I’ve seen some all time great hearts managers so far worse.  

we are missing a full team of players up against them at full strength.

pit it in perspective for **** sake 

Refuse to put it in perspective when we should have signed a rb but signed a ch who could play rb. It’s a failure on management and savage

Pasquale for King

Halliday, the person that’s played lb comfortable loads of times. Instead of moving our whole back line across to accommodate a dugmeat player

He would be torn to pieces by Boyle and Youan ffs 🤦🏽, go and watch old games of him at LWB hes exposed there never mind LB, guys finished at our level. 

But Halliday is terrible. Do you honestly think if people rated him as an even half decent option at left back they’d go to the bother of debating it. He’s really awful.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Berrassobad said:

I was referring to MY previous posts - perhaps I should have made that clearer for you. Slow, old and now weird - quite descriptive. Moving forward (as is your want) my answers will contain pictures for you.

Yes I understood what you meant 😆. What i meant was maybe you could take your own advice and read other people’s posts too 👍🏽👏🏾. Don’t bother getting someone to find pictures for you 👋🏿