Zander Clark

Lovecraft

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

Disagree. He only has no chance because the header is very good. At the point he decides to stay on his line he doesn't know that. If he comes for it and doesn't make it, which given the nature of the cross looks quite likely, then suddenly even a poor header goes into an open goal. I think Clark plays the percentages well on this occasion 

You could argue that the central defenders need to deal with it better by stopping a clean header or that Sibbick needs to block the cross. But in reality, I think it is a nice bit of skill to beat Sibbick, then an excellent cross and a very good header. It is just an all round good goal.

The cross took a nick off Sibbick and helped it into the area. This is where our defenders are meant to command and didn't.

Sibbick needed to do better in blocking it, although it hadn't nicked his shin, it was going to be a harmless cross and cleared.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff

• soonbe110

• DS98

• Chimp

1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Still don't rate him and he's not good enough but 2 fantastic saves tonight 👏

And yet he's in the Scotland squad. I think I'll trust Steve Clarke's judgement.

3 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

And yet he's in the Scotland squad. I think I'll trust Steve Clarke's judgement.

What, that he doesn't get a game and that he's 3rd/4th choice? Good one, use that as a marker all you like.

I don't need Clark's judgement on whether or not he'd be the 4th best backup for Scotland, I watch him with my own eyes and I can see he isn't up to scratch to be our number 1. Has quite a few mistakes in him. Decent shot stopper at times but we need better. If you can't see that and don't agree then that's fine. 

Ex member of the SaS

Can't understand the thinking of having two players in the six yard box when taking goal kicks, Humps up the park don't always go our way but to try and play out from six yards is daft.

12 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Can't understand the thinking of having two players in the six yard box when taking goal kicks, Humps up the park don't always go our way but to try and play out from six yards is daft.

I suspect you have no coaching badges, humps up the park automatic 50/50 balls the majority of the time.

Ex member of the SaS
2 minutes ago, Hesh said:

I suspect you have no coaching badges, humps up the park automatic 50/50 balls the majority of the time.

Yes I stated that, but why try and play out from the six yard box? Play out to defenders if that's what you want, but surely they should be half way up our own half.

3 hours ago, Chimp said:

Still don't rate him and he's not good enough but 2 fantastic saves tonight 👏

Very decent shot-stopper and capable of clearing his box when committed - like that superb punch away in what were awful conditions. At least one save tonight put us through as much as Lowry's goal.

On the flip side, he can mess up due to the occasional fatal bout of indecision - brain farts that he probably has no control over. We all have them at times but when in goal they are often more costly. 

He had a shocker against St Mirren no doubt, However I think he is a good keeper. He makes a few good saves most games and has saved us a fair few times since Gordon's injury. 

I think we have been very fortunate to have Gordon the past couple of years. I often think we are being a little harsh on Clark because he is not Gordon.

Id defiantly take Clark over Zlamal, Doyle, Hamilton and Pereira for example

2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Very decent shot-stopper and capable of clearing his box when committed - like that superb punch away in what were awful conditions. At least one save tonight put us through as much as Lowry's goal.

On the flip side, he can mess up due to the occasional fatal bout of indecision - brain farts that he probably has no control over. We all have them at times but when in goal they are often more costly. 

Sensible.

4 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

The thing is with his punches, for every one he connects with well he misses a good few others completely. Rarely every collects the ball from corners either almost always opts to try and punch it. That's a sign of a goalie who isn't confident in his ability at high balls. 

He's a good no2 IMO, but can't be relied upon to play every game. To be fair we've been completely spoilt with Gordon. Even McLaughlin was brilliant for us - I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

1 hour ago, ScottieMac17 said:

He had a shocker against St Mirren no doubt, However I think he is a good keeper. He makes a few good saves most games and has saved us a fair few times since Gordon's injury. 

I think we have been very fortunate to have Gordon the past couple of years. I often think we are being a little harsh on Clark because he is not Gordon.

Id defiantly take Clark over Zlamal, Doyle, Hamilton and Pereira for example

A fair summary.

1 hour ago, mr fox said:

He has been very good since the injury 

Actually stunned at this thread.

Yes, quite stunning.

But I remember threads calling for the sacking of a manager who consistently got us into the top three, so the Kickback bar is set very high.

I wonder what Kickback would have made of, say, John Robertson in his prime. A good striker, no doubt, but, but, but, but......

1 hour ago, mr fox said:

He has been very good since the injury 

Actually stunned at this thread.

He's been a good stand in but he's makes too many mistakes.