• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff

• soonbe110

• DS98

• Chimp

30 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I like him. He’s got a weak defence in front of him. Has made mistakes and isn’t on the same level as CG, but don’t forget he came in after Gordon’s injury and immediately started keeping clean sheets. 

He's guff. Shoud have cut out the cross, although the defending was also a joke.

Plus he takes forever to get rid of the ball, allowing the opposition to get back.

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

He's guff. Shoud have cut out the cross, although the defending was also a joke.

Plus he takes forever to get rid of the ball, allowing the opposition to get back.

He calls for it then doesn't get the ball,another clark error for an easy goal,happening too often.

2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Even if he kept a clean sheet today would we have won? No. 

Far from the list of problems we need to deal with. 

🤣 That’s not how football works pal. He is at fault for another defeat. Costs us far more points that he wins us. 

Edited by DS98

5 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

He's awful. He can't do the basics ffs. 

Harsh cause we've been blessed with keeper's 

1 minute ago, Buster HMFC said:

Harsh cause we've been blessed with keeper's 

It's not harsh, he's a decent shot stopper but can't do anything else right. 

12 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Even if he kept a clean sheet today would we have won? No. 

Far from the list of problems we need to deal with. 

That’s some logic :rofl:

49 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I like him. He’s got a weak defence in front of him. Has made mistakes and isn’t on the same level as CG, but don’t forget he came in after Gordon’s injury and immediately started keeping clean sheets. 

He shouted for the cross then stood watching the ball go straight past him for the boy to tap in the only goal of the game. We were crap today but we don’t lose it if Clark doesn’t make a complete arse of the goal. He makes some decent saves but constantly flaps at crosses and lets in some very soft goals. 

He has always been between pish and average.The amount of folk that were desperate for us to sign him and then some even wanted him to replace Gordon before the injury is mental.

He can be a very good shot stopper. Doesn't always look the most confident though. And often palms the ball back out to danger. We've been spoiled with how good Gordon is which doesn't help.

Had a few good games at the start then fumbled a few cross balls, hardly comes for a cross ball in his 6 yard box now.

Has had a few howlers and not good enough to be first choice for us, decent back up but thats about it.

57 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

He shouted for the cross then stood watching the ball go straight past him for the boy to tap in the only goal of the game. We were crap today but we don’t lose it if Clark doesn’t make a complete arse of the goal. He makes some decent saves but constantly flaps at crosses and lets in some very soft goals. 

I’m not entirely convinced and we’ll never know if he shouted for it. I think Kent has to go safety first and knock it out for a corner. Whatever it is, it’s a complete mess of a goal from a pretty harmless cross

22 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m not entirely convinced and we’ll never know if he shouted for it. I think Kent has to go safety first and knock it out for a corner. Whatever it is, it’s a complete mess of a goal from a pretty harmless cross

He put his hands up instantly apologising 

For someone who's 6ft 5ins, he doesn't command his box, he's shite when coming for cross balls, punches when a catch is easy and gets beaten to them  when appears to be favourite ie Gogic today.

I'm not sure how vocal he is either, keeper needs to help out those in front of him.

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Not Hearts no.1 material. 

Not even no1 backup material.

Neither is mcgovern. Once again we've gambled on an injured player. 

We needed to bring in a young up and coming keeper thats a few years ahead of stone.

He has been getting worse for the 2 months this season and last 3/4 of last season. No idea why, he used to be alright, now he can't even kick the ball properly!

Quite embarrassing he is in the Scotland setup...average at best, fairly poor overall....nothing worse than having a keeper who you know has a few cock ups in him so to speak...that unease spreads through the team and terraces...

10 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

We needed to bring in a young up and coming keeper thats a few years ahead of stone.

Robbie McCrorie would fit the bill. He's clearly not fancied at Rangers and is just being used as one of their developed players for Europe. 

I love Craig Gordon to bits, but he's 40. Ben Foster was recently talking about his reasons for retiring from Wrexham, and his legs not working like they used to before was basically the reason, he couldn't get down quickly enough and muscle memory wasn't working. Where he would have naturally started moving his legs to narrow the angle, they were a second too late too often. 

Extremely worried Craig might already have hit that point. With a double leg break too, its really unclear. 

McCrorie is signed to 2025. So a fee would be required, but if the laddie wanted to come Rangers might be a bit more open to letting him go. At 25, he needs game time. 

9 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Zander is reasonable/capable, he's made a lot of good saves, has kept us in games tok. He's a good no.2. In the main, he's done alright standing in for Gordon but he makes too many bad errors. I wouldn't agree that he's not even backup materials. 

I'm not even sure he gets apportioned even 50% of the blame for today's goal, unless he's given Kent a shout. We won't know. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Kent should be banging that ball into touch every time regardless. For me he's made the mistake. 

Need to go and find a top keeper. It's the hardest position to recruit for, I get that. I mean we could have easily signed someone like Vladan Kovačević last season from Sarajevo. There's good keepers out there, if our recruitment team and scouts are worth a sook, they'll find them. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Need to go and find a top keeper. It's the hardest position to recruit for, I get that. I mean we could have easily signed someone like Vladan Kovačević last season from Sarajevo. There's good keepers out there, if our recruitment team and scouts are worth a sook, they'll find them. 

undefined

Style icon, lets do this :D 

He’s getting worse and worse every week. 

Started off well when he came in for Gordon last season but it’s been a slow downward spiral and now it seems he’s hit a major dip. 

Takes ****ing ages to distribute the ball too 

30 minutes ago, OTT said:

undefined

Style icon, lets do this :D 

Cracking keeper too. I bet there's some shit hot keepers in Slovenia, Slovakia, Croatia, Serbia etc... that are potentially top level for under a million. Rakow paid €300k for Kovačević. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Now he's valued at €8million within a season and a bit. 

We might as well give McGovern a shot. Maybe taking Zander out for a few games is the best solution and then we can see if we get a response from McGovern. 

No point signing a keeper with that level of experience to have him sitting on a bench week in, week out, doing absolutely nothing. 

Edited by Hearts1975