*** Official St Mirren v Heart Of Midlothian thread ***

Selkirkhmfc1874

Our midfield is absolute dross and has been for years. They have 0 qualities that can turn games for us. No forward runs to create space, no dig and always ball watching. It then causes our two goal threats in Boyce and Shankland to drop that deep making it a stroll in the park for any defence we’re up against.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Pasquale for King

Lambert Simnel

That was awful. Could - maybe should - have grabbed a point at the end, but we did pretty much nothing to deserve it.  

In training games do they practice creating opportunities at all, or do we just focus on passing the ball sideways and backwards and eventually getting a cross in once the opponents have all their men back? 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

Absolutely on the money. Board panicked without a plan for what came next because 'anyone but Neilson' sentiment took over and they got caught up. 

Evidence shows that we don't improve after Robbie Neilson leaves. That's twice now.

He was binned after an admittedly bad six weeks. Naismith has had that plus an entire summer, then that again, to try and improve things. He hasn't gotten close.

It's so obvious it's unbelievable.

Fitzroy Pointon
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The ironic thing is that their keeper has had far more work to do than Clark and yet that could have been a hiding.

Last season, Shankland would have put his laces through that and scored. His head has gone and he needs dropped.

I think he's been terrible since Boycey returned. 

pettigrewsstylist
4 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Yes, they paper over the cracks.  How many times will we give teams a start.  THey must be rubbing their hands at the thought of playing us.  Just wait for us to present them with a goal and then they can relax in the assurance that we will never respond.

Yip, played for 7 mins then stretched off in trg match. 

Very depressing, not sure what we do here. Management appears to be clueless, we've signed a pile of shite, players are shite bags, Shankland doesn't look interested.

Answers on a postcard.

manaliveits105

As the stats show we should have taken something out that - they are crap and in a totally false position

Walsh his usual self allowed us to be assaulted but blew for anything for them

and despite lengthy injury to Atkinson and VAR decision as well as all the subs he only plays 6 mins  

7 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

I'm not sure it's much different to the last game.   He's captain and should be the one showing the intensity and desire and lead from the front.   

He's certainly not the player he was last season.  I'd love to know the reason.  There must be one.

Just now, chrystaf said:

He's certainly not the player he was last season.  I'd love to know the reason.  There must be one.

I wonder if we did turn down an offer for him.  He’s looked well off the mark for weeks.

Lambert Simnel
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

despite lengthy injury to Atkinson and VAR decision as well as all the subs he only plays 6 mins

True, true.  But how long do you reckon we would have needed to get an equaliser?  

joondalupjambo

One mistake.  One. 

The standard is poor across Scottish football not just at Hearts.  We get dragged down to another level away from home.

Solve that and we start to scrap wins and draws.

Not pretty to watch but one flaming mistake costs us a valuable point.

Just now, Tokyo Drifter said:

It's the possession to chances ratio I can't get my head round. 

teams let us have the ball. They know we’ve little to no threat in behind so just let us have it with the ball in front.  Pinch it and hit

we don’t have 70% possession cause we are good

3 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

This team is not good. Reach your own conclusions as to why that is but this team is not going to finish third and we are going out of the cup on Tuesday night. 

Yep. nowhere near 3rd. Fantasy for anyone to think it’ll be 3rd. Bottom 6 a cert 

I’ve said it before and I will say it again Heart of Midlothian is not a fecking training centre for ex footballers to learn how to be a manager this has been one of the most ridiculous decisions a board of a football club has made we are a laughing stock 

2 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

Hearts are utterly f@#$#@ from top to bottom.something should surely be done now.f$#@#$ sick of this shit

I'm sure the usual apologists will be along shortly to enlighten us with their wisdom and point out that we are all pant wetters.

Just now, joondalupjambo said:

One mistake.  One. 

The standard is poor across Scottish football not just at Hearts.  We get dragged down to another level away from home.

We never looked like scoring . How many shots on goal? We are a team in freefall and Naismith or the players don’t have the balls for a relegation fight 

Diadora Van Basten
5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

They did a VAR check on it.

Just saw it just now it looked to me like hand ball and probably made the chance harder as it changed the flight of the ball.

Ronald Villiers

That was shocking.  All the possession we had meant nothing as we were powder puff in the final third.  Our away form is a mental thing and our management aren't helping.  It's a game played by 11 v 11 on a pitch.  It doesnae matter if it's at Tynie, Easter Road or anywhere else.  Just go out and play as if we're at Tynie ffs.  

Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

Just shut up and keep paying yer subs. 

Nothing to see here. 

I think the only way to get our thoughts across . Is to stop them for a few months . 

Gogic…..****in Gogic dominated Shankland.  Embarrassing 

Overall, we lack so much. Even the experienced players can’t muster up fighting spirit,  wiliness or know-how to urge the team, to lead the charge. 

It’s chronic beyond belief at times. No one sparks. No one gets angry or physical enough.  

Totally bullied by St Midden.  Ffs 

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

Will that bring change do you think or just a knee jerk reaction ?

Not sure I understand the question but whether you call it a  kneejerk reaction or not there have to be changes. The crazy  experiment with a Lowland League manager is clearly not working.

Edited by Francis Albert

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

One mistake.  One. 

🤣🤣

Just now, GBJambo said:

I think the only way to get our thoughts across . Is to stop them for a few months . 

Im too lazy for that shit. If I stop that’s it. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I have held off from commenting on match day threads during play but now I want to say That Was Unacceptable and everyone at the club need to have a good look in the mirror and start rewarding the fans for their loyalty by sorting out these pathetic away displays.

Just now, Cade said:

I know I've been asking this almost weekly for about three years.....

But what the feck do Hearts actually DO in training?

Practice passing the ball backwards, sideways as slowly as possible.

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Long horrible inconsistant season ahead right now.

In short another wasted season in our history.

My worry is that it will be horribly consistent, as it has mostly been so far.

1 minute ago, Cade said:

I know I've been asking this almost weekly for about three years.....

But what the feck do Hearts actually DO in training?

Certainly can’t be coaching, nobody appears to know what they’re supposed to be doing 

Diadora Van Basten
2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Gogic…..****in Gogic dominated Shankland.  Embarrassing 

Overall, we lack so much. Even the experienced players can’t muster up fighting spirit,  wiliness or know-how to urge the team, to lead the charge. 

It’s chronic beyond belief at times. No one sparks. No one gets angry or physical enough.  

Totally bullied by St Midden.  Ffs 

Gogic has been the best player on the pitch the last few matches v St Mirren.

4 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

One mistake.  One. 

But not for the first time.  We are powder puff and other teams know it.