Andy Halliday

TallPaul

Just now, jambo in iraq said:

what a crock of shit. He's never been anything but professional, so what is he supports rangers. So does Clark, Shankland and probably half the squad. Fair enough there is rightly a load of seething anger at the club. But taking that out on a player who isn't getting a sniff seems somewhat redundant. 

Its not the supporting rangers that is the issue, its the cheer leading for them every chance he gets whilst underperforming.

Fans will afford a little leeway to players that are delivering, but at 31 he's acting like a 35 year old that is considering retiring. IMO Halliday has mentally been done since leaving Rangers. He achieved his life goal of playing for the club he adores, and we're just something to do until he can return to them in some sort of media capacity. 

Said this earlier in the thread, but at 31 he should be one of our key players. I think the reason he's not is because the mentality isnt there - he's shown glimpses of his ability like against Hibs. But we deserve 100% of his attention. 

I wonder if it is a factor in Naismith freezing him out? I hope so. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• Sooks

• GinRummy

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Clark Griswold

If we’d won on Sunday, and he didn’t play, this thread wouldn’t exist.

Folk are hurting and rightly so, but this is hardly news to anyone. he’s only ever talked our club up, even in times where he’s not getting a game.

12 hours ago, TallPaul said:

A time like this when our results have been as they are this arse takes time out to talk about his rangers worries.

Can we please rip up this utter wanks contract

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/michael-beale-fallen-short-three-27652202

Get him in the bin.

Christ if he was a great player i'd barely tolerate this.  The fact he's absolute pony.  His contract extension was a very very poor decision.  Total waste of oxygen in our squad.  He's a guid lad tho eh

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Get him in the bin.

Christ if he was a great player i'd barely tolerate this.  The fact he's absolute pony.  His contract extension was a very very poor decision.  Total waste of oxygen in our squad.  He's a guid lad tho eh

Its so ****ing unprofessional its not even real. 

Conduct in the media surely is part of the players contracts, and criticising another clubs manager is bad form and surely a reason to try and prohibit this tin pot nonsense from continuing. 

Kris Boyd using his media column whilst a Killie player was the same - entirely unprofessional. I don't want Hearts players talking about any other club than Hearts. What they do once they leave doesn't matter, but he's representing our club and this is really poor to see. I'm almost half expecting him to start touting Shankland for a move there next. 

15 minutes ago, OTT said:

Its so ****ing unprofessional its not even real. 

Conduct in the media surely is part of the players contracts, and criticising another clubs manager is bad form and surely a reason to try and prohibit this tin pot nonsense from continuing. 

Kris Boyd using his media column whilst a Killie player was the same - entirely unprofessional. I don't want Hearts players talking about any other club than Hearts. What they do once they leave doesn't matter, but he's representing our club and this is really poor to see. I'm almost half expecting him to start touting Shankland for a move there next. 

100%

Oh but Gowzer talks about Hearts and we loved it when Lockie would come to the home end when he played for Killie.... yaddy yadda.  We're Hearts, you're only focus should be Hearts, and if this is the shit he's saying in public, imagine how much he bangs on about ra Gers at Riccarton.

Get him out.

12 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

How fragile can you be if this kind of thing winds you up?

Have some respect for yourself ffs :rofl:

It's pretty strange how folk get so worked up about this.

A_A wehatethehibs

I didn’t mind him his first 2 seasons as a workmanlike squaddie. Last season his level declined so my patience with this stuff is now gone. I am never understood why we gave him a 2 year deal. Nobody was happy with that at the time. Should’ve been told 1 year or bolt, and should be away this summer. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Also why are some folk raging about this? :lol:  

Mad how folk can be upset at this on the one hand and be totally fine that we have an actual current rangers player on our books that we are developing for them :lol:

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Shanks said:

Also why are some folk raging about this? :lol:  

Mad how folk can be upset at this on the one hand and be totally fine that we have an actual current rangers player on our books that we are developing for them :lol:

As has been said above folk wouldn’t be raging or care about this if he was a good player. It’s the fact that he is an eye bleeding to watch footballer that makes it sort of a compound effect 

13 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

He can't do much about Hearts' results if he isn't picked.

Why would we want to pick him, he would not improve the team that's for sure

Pathetic. What a bunch of utter wet wipes our support can be sometimes, greeting into their Coco Pops about Andy Halliday being asked a question about Rangers on a radio show and having the sheer brass neck to give actually what was quite a neutral but informed and educated answer. Not once did he say anything about how gutted he is, didn't say "we", he just answered a question in what is a very short snippet of a 2-hour show, where - believe it or not - they spoke about loads of things other than Rangers.

One of the hardest workers in a Hearts jersey, sticks in, fights, does the spade work, and plays for the fans and never shys away from a battle with any player - Rangers, Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen, he fires into every one of them - and this is the sort of shite you all repay him with? 

The guy has a media career. The media talk about Celtic and Rangers non-stop. Is he supposed to say "Naw sorry I'm not talking about Rangers cos they Hearts dahs on JKB get annoyed when I do"... - because if he does, he'll never get on a radio show, podcast, TV show, or be asked for any input on anything ever again. 

Show the guy some respect and get a ****ing grip of yourselves. 

Edited by Batistuta87

25 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Pathetic. What a bunch of utter wet wipes our support can be sometimes, greeting into their Coco Pops about Andy Halliday being asked a question about Rangers on a radio show and having the sheer brass neck to give actually what was quite a neutral but informed and educated answer. Not once did he say anything about how gutted he is, didn't say "we", he just answered a question in what is a very short snippet of a 2-hour show, where - believe it or not - they spoke about loads of things other than Rangers.

One of the hardest workers in a Hearts jersey, sticks in, fights, does the spade work, and plays for the fans and never shys away from a battle with any player - Rangers, Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen, he fires into every one of them - and this is the sort of shite you all repay him with? 

The guy has a media career. The media talk about Celtic and Rangers non-stop. Is he supposed to say "Naw sorry I'm not talking about Rangers cos they Hearts dahs on JKB get annoyed when I do"... - because if he does, he'll never get on a radio show, podcast, TV show, or be asked for any input on anything ever again. 

He shouldn't have a media career.  He should have a Hearts career.

And no he does not get stuck in to every opponent.  He kind of tries to but is late to every single tackle, header and movement.  He's pish, he's a liability.  He's a good finisher, give him that, and has had some good and important goals, but they've papered over crevis-like cracks in his "game".  He's awful.

And he should not be talking about any other team.  Rangers need another striker, Rangers problem is this, is that.  Shut up, retire if you want to be in the media.  Or focus on Hearts.

As for calling people out as wet blankets or whatever for being riled by this. I hate to bring it up, but it's so eye bleedingly obvious.  If he was a "Celtic Guy", would this be tolerated by those defending it?

I have to admit it irks me that it's Rangers cos I hate the OF so much, but any of our players dividing their time and talking about any of our opponents on a weekly basis doesn't sit right with me and I think our club should actually be all over this and put a stop to it.

Don't get me wrong, we've got bigger issues, one of them being he was deemed good enough for a contract, by the way, but stuff like this is culture.  And I don't think its the culture we should have within our club - sole focus Hearts.

31 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

How about he shows the club some respect and focuses squarely on his football? He is after all, supposed to be a professional footballer. 

Alternative is leave and go play for a tinpot diddy where that is acceptable. 

Its about standards. Never liked this Rangers media cheerleading crap he's been doing. 

The fact this is such a debated topic shows its an issue. 

36 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

:spoton:

A_A wehatethehibs
22 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

This bit is frankly laughable. He’s been pish for the whole of 2023. Level has declined.

Fact is he is deadwood which the management would’ve wanted cleared, he should be away this summer following his mates Robbie and Jig out the door and his wage freed up. 2 year deal was a joke. 

This is a completely separate issue to his punditry work, that’s just purely football side. But these 2 things combine, creating a compound effect: he’s shite AND irritating. That is why folk are getting progressively more annoyed whenever they see this. 

There was a place for Halliday during our transition from demotion, back up the table. There is no longer place for him and I wish he’d gone in the window but he’ll see out his contract and take his pay as you would expect. It was the clubs decision to give him 2 years and I hold the club responsible for that - player should be gone this summer, does not fit with new managers plans making new managers job even more difficult. He is deadwood in the squad.

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

How about he shows the club some respect and focuses squarely on his football? He is after all, supposed to be a professional footballer. 

Alternative is leave and go play for a tinpot diddy where that is acceptable. 

Its about standards. Never liked this Rangers media cheerleading crap he's been doing. 

The fact this is such a debated topic shows its an issue. 

So are you saying footballers shouldn't go on radio, TV, podcasts etc outside of their club commitments?? 

I'd say he's far from a Rangers cheerleader, in fact he is quite critical of them and I think the way he speaks when asked about Rangers IS respectful towards Hearts and often laughs off comments from the guys on Open Goal etc and doesn't get involved in the Rangers/Celtic patter. 

People ought to actually listen to him before spaffing all this nonsense. He's actually very very good on these things and definitely has a media career ahead of him after football. He's always spoke highly of Hearts, he watches lower league football and talks about that, he goes to watch his pals playing for other teams, talks about coaching, talks about loads of stuff, talks about Hibs, Celtic, Aberdeen etc etc - but only the Rangers stuff makes it into the papers because thats the subject that sells papers. 

He was on OG the other week saying how good East Kilbride were looking. That didn't get picked up though, because it wasn't Rangers. 

3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

This bit is frankly laughable. He’s been pish for the whole of 2023. Level has declined.

Fact is he is deadwood which the management would’ve wanted cleared, he should be away this summer following his mates Robbie and Jig out the door and his wage freed up. 2 year deal was a joke. 

This is a completely separate issue to his punditry work, that’s just purely football side. But these 2 things combine, creating a compound effect: he’s shite AND irritating. That is why folk are getting progressively more annoyed whenever they see this. 

There was a place for Halliday during our transition from demotion, back up the table. There is no longer place for him and I wish he’d gone in the window but he’ll see out his contract and take his pay as you would expect. It was the clubs decision to give him 2 years and I hold the club responsible for that - player should be gone this summer, does not fit with new managers plans making new managers job even more difficult. He is deadwood in the squad.

Never said he was a brilliant player, I said he was a hard worker. He digs deep in every game and gives his all, and he wants to win. 

10 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Ok, St Johnstone should have banned him then. Obviously St Johnstone dont have an issue with it either. 

I didn't see anything wrong with what he was saying as in he used the "they" reference every time. If he has used the "we" reference then he can do one.thats just my view.

There are a ton of professional players in all of the leagues that are involved in media in some capacity.  

If the club don't have an issue with it then I certainly don't. Like I said, is this really worth the air time it's getting? 

Will pulling Halliday off Radio Clyde right now get us pulling in the same direction and winning games ? 

If so, get him off the radio and quickly 

Might be missing my point. I don’t care he goes on radio Clyde or that pish podcast with his halfwit mates. It’s bothers me how he’s still a Hearts player but that’s it. 

Now if he was like Gowser and went on Rangers podcasts then that’s different. And I can pretty much guarantee there will be plenty St Johnstone fans no happy with him. Considering they are rock bottom of the league and he’s probably one of their higher earners.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Never said he was a brilliant player, I said he was a hard worker. He digs deep in every game and gives his all, and he wants to win. 

If he was a good player, nobody would really give a toss about this stuff.

Being a hard worker who wants to win is a minimum, not a virtue to be praised. Every single player should be a hard worker who wants to win, or they do not deserve to be a pro, let alone at Scotlands 3rd biggest club. It’s quality that matters 

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, heisenberg86 said:

Andy Halliday talking on a podcast or on the wireless is the least of our worries just now ffs 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Aye but our shite midfield is absolutely top of our worries. He’s a midfielder. And a ****ing dreadful one apart from a very occasional good strike with his left foot. 

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

So are you saying footballers shouldn't go on radio, TV, podcasts etc outside of their club commitments?? 

I'd say he's far from a Rangers cheerleader, in fact he is quite critical of them and I think the way he speaks when asked about Rangers IS respectful towards Hearts and often laughs off comments from the guys on Open Goal etc and doesn't get involved in the Rangers/Celtic patter. 

People ought to actually listen to him before spaffing all this nonsense. He's actually very very good on these things and definitely has a media career ahead of him after football. He's always spoke highly of Hearts, he watches lower league football and talks about that, he goes to watch his pals playing for other teams, talks about coaching, talks about loads of stuff, talks about Hibs, Celtic, Aberdeen etc etc - but only the Rangers stuff makes it into the papers because thats the subject that sells papers. 

He was on OG the other week saying how good East Kilbride were looking. That didn't get picked up though, because it wasn't Rangers. 

Yes.

The point is that he absolutely revels in talking about all things Rangers. I wish he had that level of enthusiasm for the club actually paying his wages. I've said this before, Andy Halliday is a very good player on his day. He's technically good and very tenacious, he should be one of the first names on the team sheet. These are characteristics we all love to see and plenty of players with less talent in their locker have become fan favourites as a result of sheer tenacity, but the problem for me is that he's never been a key player for us because I don't think he cares anymore. As far as I see it, he's played for the club he loves, everything after that is just filler. He's been a squad player virtually his entire time with us, he joined us 4 years ago, which would make him 27? Versus someone like Don Cowie who was cruising as a first team regular at 33/34. At the professional level, its all fine margins and if your head isn't 100% in the game, then you're going to be off it and I firmly believe that this desire to build a media career on our dime is having a negative impact on his performances (for the reasons I've outlined). Walcott recently retired for that exact reason, he wasn't 100% all in and didn't want to be at a club where he knew he wasn't giving it his all. 

I don't believe Halliday has the love for the game anymore because 27-32 are prime years for a footballer and the fact he's been so easily pushed down the pecking order in that time is a sign that he's not all that interested anymore. Played for his beloved Rangers, career done. 

4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Aye but our shite midfield is absolutely top of our worries. He’s a midfielder. And a ****ing dreadful one apart from a very occasional good strike with his left foot. 

Oh aye it’s Andy Hallidays fault the majority of our midfielders are not good enough. Fair enough he’s not the greatest player we’ve ever had but to say he’s a dreadful footballer is a lot of nonsense! much rather play Halliday than Sibbick in midfield! Might have had more than 2 shots on target at home this season if he’d have had some game time. 

11 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

If he was a good player, nobody would really give a toss about this stuff.

Being a hard worker who wants to win is a minimum, not a virtue to be praised. Every single player should be a hard worker who wants to win, or they do not deserve to be a pro, let alone at Scotlands 3rd biggest club. It’s quality that matters 

OK? So because he's not the best player at the club he's not allowed to go on the radio and answer questions from the presenters and punters? Come on man! That's a ridiculous comment. 

9 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yes.

The point is that he absolutely revels in talking about all things Rangers. I wish he had that level of enthusiasm for the club actually paying his wages. I've said this before, Andy Halliday is a very good player on his day. He's technically good and very tenacious, he should be one of the first names on the team sheet. These are characteristics we all love to see and plenty of players with less talent in their locker have become fan favourites as a result of sheer tenacity, but the problem for me is that he's never been a key player for us because I don't think he cares anymore. As far as I see it, he's played for the club he loves, everything after that is just filler. He's been a squad player virtually his entire time with us, he joined us 4 years ago, which would make him 27? Versus someone like Don Cowie who was cruising as a first team regular at 33/34. At the professional level, its all fine margins and if your head isn't 100% in the game, then you're going to be off it and I firmly believe that this desire to build a media career on our dime is having a negative impact on his performances (for the reasons I've outlined). Walcott recently retired for that exact reason, he wasn't 100% all in and didn't want to be at a club where he knew he wasn't giving it his all. 

I don't believe Halliday has the love for the game anymore because 27-32 are prime years for a footballer and the fact he's been so easily pushed down the pecking order in that time is a sign that he's not all that interested anymore. Played for his beloved Rangers, career done. 

He actually doesn't revel in it at all. He sometimes looks quite uncomfortable and he chooses his words very carefully. 

Yet more nonsense from people who only see these snippets and don't watch or listen to the whole thing. 

2 minutes ago, heisenberg86 said:

Oh aye it’s Andy Hallidays fault the majority of our midfielders are not good enough. Fair enough he’s not the greatest player we’ve ever had but to say he’s a dreadful footballer is a lot of nonsense! much rather play Halliday than Sibbick in midfield! Might have had more than 2 shots on target at home this season if he’d have had some game time. 

Just because Sibbick is shite in midfiels doesn't make Halliday any use to us though. He's had dozens of opportunities at centre mid and barring the very odd good game he's been absolutely dreadful. No middle ground, great game maybe one in ten and total shite the rest of the time.

Should have been moved on in the summer but we couldn't even manage that.

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

OK? So because he's not the best player at the club he's not allowed to go on the radio and answer questions from the presenters and punters? Come on man! That's a ridiculous comment. 

Playing devil's advocate but I do wonder whether tolerance of Halliday's specialist subject would change if he was Celtic man rather than a Rangers fan. Not meaning from you btw. Just a thought.

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

He actually doesn't revel in it at all. He sometimes looks quite uncomfortable and he chooses his words very carefully. 

Yet more nonsense from people who only see these snippets and don't watch or listen to the whole thing. 

He makes headlines every week talking about them. If it makes him uncomfortable, then he should step back, finish his football career and then focus on his media career, or retire and focus entirely on his media career. 

I'm sick of constantly seeing "Andy Halliday ... Rangers ...", he's a ****ing Hearts player and its pathetic to see. If he's working in the media he should be savvy enough to understand what will/won't make a headline. 

Problem for me is that he's dividing his time and hasn't been very effective for us for the lion share of his team with us. A few good moments, absolutely. But he's been lacking more often than not and to not have a clear positions nailed down at 27, 28, 29,30 is just ridiculous. Its not like he's been up against world beaters. 

I don't think he's all in, and its interesting he's been pretty much dropped by management. 

FWIW I have no problem if he wants to go and build a career in the media, he should respect the club enough to do that after he's finished here, or at least have the decency to recognise he's not all in and leave to go somewhere that he can coast by. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Playing devil's advocate but I do wonder whether tolerance of Halliday's specialist subject would change if he was Celtic man rather than a Rangers fan. Not meaning from you btw. Just a thought.

I think we know the answer.

*Also not directing it at the poster you are quoting. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

I think we know the answer.

*Also not directing it at the poster you are quoting. 

Aye, I only quoted him because I know I might get a half way sensible answer,

The Real Maroonblood
17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

There’s a few would self combust.

All players support somebody.

The only players I know what team they supported is Haliday and Lafferty. Two half wit blues noses.

The rest of the players somehow manage to live their life without advertising who they support. It's not hard.

48 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Might be missing my point. I don’t care he goes on radio Clyde or that pish podcast with his halfwit mates. It’s bothers me how he’s still a Hearts player but that’s it. 

Now if he was like Gowser and went on Rangers podcasts then that’s different. And I can pretty much guarantee there will be plenty St Johnstone fans no happy with him. Considering they are rock bottom of the league and he’s probably one of their higher earners.

Fair enough.

He always gave his all for us when he pulled on the jersey. 

Everyone will have their own opinion of him as a player and thats fair enough. 

Halliday is our utility cover for defence and midfield. The fact he has not been used when we have had an injury crisis in midfield tells you all you need to know. 

It raises the question of why was he not loaned in the transfer window, either he turned down a loan move or we couldn't engineer one. Either way we are now stuck with an older player regarded as surplus by our coaches who has free reign to do what he wants in his part time media career (and always has by the club). By all accounts he is one of the prominent voices in the dressing room as well. It's a recipe for unrest and a microcosm of all that is wrong at the club right now. 

All his Hun nonsense has been tolerated from the beginning and confirms that we are soft as shit and content in our wee club supporting status to the twin arse cheeks.

way out west jambo

I was actually thinking that Halliday should be given a chance in the midfield role we keep asking Cochrane to play. Halliday can pass and will put in effort.

I don’t care about the rangers thing. If he gets the chance to play, gives his all and improves our midfield from what it is now, then crack on. 

Results are bad just now but halliday’s not been playing. Weird that fingers are being pointed at him when he hasn’t been the problem.

Edited by way out west jambo
Spelling

15 hours ago, TallPaul said:

A time like this when our results have been as they are this arse takes time out to talk about his rangers worries.

Can we please rip up this utter wanks contract

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/michael-beale-fallen-short-three-27652202

Been against him being at hearts since day one. OK we know players support other teams, but he makes it soooooo blatant publicly. 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

He makes headlines every week talking about them. If it makes him uncomfortable, then he should step back, finish his football career and then focus on his media career, or retire and focus entirely on his media career. 

I'm sick of constantly seeing "Andy Halliday ... Rangers ...", he's a ****ing Hearts player and its pathetic to see. If he's working in the media he should be savvy enough to understand what will/won't make a headline. 

Problem for me is that he's dividing his time and hasn't been very effective for us for the lion share of his team with us. A few good moments, absolutely. But he's been lacking more often than not and to not have a clear positions nailed down at 27, 28, 29,30 is just ridiculous. Its not like he's been up against world beaters. 

I don't think he's all in, and its interesting he's been pretty much dropped by management. 

FWIW I have no problem if he wants to go and build a career in the media, he should respect the club enough to do that after he's finished here, or at least have the decency to recognise he's not all in and leave to go somewhere that he can coast by. 

Yet again, utter bollocks. He does this stuff around his commitments to Hearts - not instead of. He still goes to training, games, Hearts media commitments etc as his day job, and then it's up to him what he does in his own free time; and definitely not up to him what a caller decides to ask him on a phone-in radio show!! 

3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Get him in the bin.

Embarrassing comment.

23 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Been against him being at hearts since day one. OK we know players support other teams, but he makes it soooooo blatant publicly. 

Are you still at School?

9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yet again, utter bollocks. He does this stuff around his commitments to Hearts - not instead of. He still goes to training, games, Hearts media commitments etc as his day job, and then it's up to him what he does in his own free time; and definitely not up to him what a caller decides to ask him on a phone-in radio show!! 

If you work for virtually any corporate organisation it is not up to you to have another job that they are not happy about. Either because it transgresses their code of conduct or aligns the individual to an opinion or ethos they don't want to associate with. The fact that we allow this to happen is an indication of how badly we are run.

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Get him in the bin.

👍

20 minutes ago, Jodami said:

If you work for virtually any corporate organisation it is not up to you to have another job that they are not happy about. Either because it transgresses their code of conduct or aligns the individual to an opinion or ethos they don't want to associate with. The fact that we allow this to happen is an indication of how badly we are run.

OK so again, players should be banned from going on radio, TV, podcasts etc in their own free time, should they? He's not breaking any code of conduct by going on a radio show and answering a question that a listened has put to him. There's no way clubs would be able to impose that into a player's contract. He hasn't said anything bad about Hearts, hasn't told everyone what we're up to in training, hasn't told anyone how many sugars Naisy takes in his tea. 

He was asked a question by a fan phoning in to a show he was a guest on, and he gave an honest and actually quite well informed answer. He hasn't stood up on a soapbox on Broomloan Road and started screaming, saying how shite Hearts are and how great Rangers are. He's gone in on Rangers and is criticising them FFS, he is far from brown nosing them! 

Again, if people actually listened to the rest of the stuff he's involved in, they'd see he's quite good at it and speaks highly of Hearts and tries to keep away from the OF debates and banter. 

End of convo for me. Some people just cannot accept that Hearts aren't the centre of the universe for every single player. 

16 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

OK so again, players should be banned from going on radio, TV, podcasts etc in their own free time, should they? He's not breaking any code of conduct by going on a radio show and answering a question that a listened has put to him. There's no way clubs would be able to impose that into a player's contract. He hasn't said anything bad about Hearts, hasn't told everyone what we're up to in training, hasn't told anyone how many sugars Naisy takes in his tea. 

He was asked a question by a fan phoning in to a show he was a guest on, and he gave an honest and actually quite well informed answer. He hasn't stood up on a soapbox on Broomloan Road and started screaming, saying how shite Hearts are and how great Rangers are. He's gone in on Rangers and is criticising them FFS, he is far from brown nosing them! 

Again, if people actually listened to the rest of the stuff he's involved in, they'd see he's quite good at it and speaks highly of Hearts and tries to keep away from the OF debates and banter. 

End of convo for me. Some people just cannot accept that Hearts aren't the centre of the universe for every single player. 

I choose not to listen to it, I have no idea how good or bad he is in his media career. I am only outlining the practices of modern corporate businesses. Hearts have chosen to allow him to do this, that's on the club not Halliday.

Edited by Jodami

pettigrewsstylist
4 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

If we’d won on Sunday, and he didn’t play, this thread wouldn’t exist.

Folk are hurting and rightly so, but this is hardly news to anyone. he’s only ever talked our club up, even in times where he’s not getting a game.

Doesnt hide, ever. 100%

9 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Doesnt hide, ever. 100%

Where's this coming from? I've seen him half hearted tracking back so you must have too. 

3 hours ago, stuartp said:

Why would we want to pick him, he would not improve the team that's for sure

That's slightly different.

He's perfectly entitled to accept a contract offered to him and appears to want to play.

The Haliday always gives 100% statement is up there with Naismith is a born winner and England fans repeating "it's coming home", all made up nonsense with no basis with facts or reality.