Andy Halliday

TallPaul

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yet again, utter bollocks. He does this stuff around his commitments to Hearts - not instead of. He still goes to training, games, Hearts media commitments etc as his day job, and then it's up to him what he does in his own free time; and definitely not up to him what a caller decides to ask him on a phone-in radio show!! 

Got to agree. You've put it very simply and I can't understand why folk can't get their head round this.

I also find it very sad that some on here calling a current Hearts player disgusting and immature names. OK, he's past his best, but he's scored some important (and good) goals for us over the years. We're Hearts supporters, we're better than that. Aren't we?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• Sooks

• GinRummy

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Lido said:

Got to agree. You've put it very simply and I can't understand why folk can't get their head round this.

I also find it very sad that some on here calling a current Hearts player disgusting and immature names. OK, he's past his best, but he's scored some important (and good) goals for us over the years. We're Hearts supporters, we're better than that. Aren't we?

Are we? Wee Devlin gives it his all every single game but he can pack his bags according to some.

And do you honestly think it's that people can't understand it, or just don't like it?

Edited by Smithee

19 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

How many times can some of you be offended in one day? 

Is there a Guinness Book World Record? 

🤣🤣 this board is atrocious for it eh? 

Never seen so many knotted knickers in my life. 

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Are we? Wee Devlin gives it his all every single game but he can pack his bags according to some.

And do you honestly think it's that people can't understand it, or just don't like it?

Both obviously. And yes we are better than calling current players immature names. Re Devlin, I've heard criticism of him (myself included) but it's better if it's said in the proper manner surely.

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

I really liked him in the Halliday Derby, tremendous effort by him and a great result.

He was pretty anonymous the rest of the game but two great finishes saw him added to a list of cult heroes who put Hibs to the sword. That was 17 months ago and two headed goals aside hasn’t contributed much at all since. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

The Haliday always gives 100% statement is up there with Naismith is a born winner and England fans repeating "it's coming home", all made up nonsense with no basis with facts or reality.

Agreed

Pasquale for King

Does anyone think that when they were with either side of the uglies that Ian Black or Craig Gordon would be allowed to a podcast talking about Hearts in such glowing terms or calling us us?

letsalllaughathobos

Halliday saying on open goal the hearts team sat in changing rooms with the TV on watching the old firm game, should we not be getting a few motherwell videos on or even addressing some of our own issues  

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He was pretty anonymous the rest of the game but two great finishes saw him added to a list of cult heroes who put Hibs to the sword. That was 17 months ago and two headed goals aside hasn’t contributed much at all since. 

He's had about 3 good games in his time here. Some, he has tried and failed because he's mediocre, others he just disappears.

Hun podcast nirvana beckons.

On 04/09/2023 at 20:21, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Somebody was saying he referred to Rangers tonight as us

Nah he didn't, I've listened to it as I always do.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

He's had about 3 good games in his time here. Some, he has tried and failed because he's mediocre, others he just disappears.

Hun podcast nirvana beckons.

Wouldn’t argue with that 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, letsalllaughathobos said:

Halliday saying on open goal the hearts team sat in changing rooms with the TV on watching the old firm game, should we not be getting a few motherwell videos on or even addressing some of our own issues  

Ffs, sums up why Scottish football is a backwater. 

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ffs, sums up why Scottish football is a backwater. 

saying that Boyce was cheering for Celtic in a predominantly Rangers dressing room 🤦‍♂️

Stupid Sexy Flanders
10 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

saying that Boyce was cheering for Celtic in a predominantly Rangers dressing room 🤦‍♂️

That's the absolute boak if it's true. How ****ing depressing. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

The two Forrests and McAvoy would back him up surely, not great for team unity or focus. 
Surely any tv should be used for analysis. 

pettigrewsstylist
54 minutes ago, letsalllaughathobos said:

Criminal if factual.

1 hour ago, letsalllaughathobos said:

Depressing if true, however that's the reality of being Scottish, 90% of Scotland support the Old firm unfortunately. As professionals though, thats poor and I would have expected them to be working on analyzing and preparing for their own game against motherwell though. 

7 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Just came on to confirm if Halliday is still a shit twat.

Yes. Yes he is.

Scored two goals against Hibs.

So naw .

Naw he is nae.

Shocking revelations reveal football players like football and act accordingly.

Like the posters on here.

But when you're losing Halliday beat to keep yer mouth shut .

Us first the media stuff second or beat it.

11 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Criminal if factual.

He definitely said it on open goal.

Maybe they should focus on their own game 😏.

Percival King

Noticed on the club website that there's a Hearts anniversary event coming up at Tynecastle starring the current Inverness CT sporting director. Disgraceful!

A_A wehatethehibs
18 minutes ago, Percival King said:

Noticed on the club website that there's a Hearts anniversary event coming up at Tynecastle starring the current Inverness CT sporting director. Disgraceful!

The Inverness fan will be fuming about this. What’s happened to ma club!! 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

letsalllaughathobos

I totally get most players won't support hearts but the image I got was the hearts team sitting glued to a TV shouting there old firm favourites while motherwell sitting prepping for the game v us, not to bothered about it but just annoyed me at the time of hearing it after the result, 

On 05/09/2023 at 15:21, Lido said:

exactly 🫶andy halliday done the hibs "do for me" whatever some people think of him...🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

On 05/09/2023 at 20:20, letsalllaughathobos said:

Heard him say this today as well and it screamed tinpot to me, these are guys that get paid thousands every week to pull on our shirt and should've been totally focused and committed on beating Motherwell.

If they were that interested they could've recorded the game and watched it once they were home.

Totally unprofessional.

I don’t care he supports Rangers and I don’t really care he pulls his banger over them on a number of podcasts and radio phone ins.

However, and he’s not solely to blame here, our squad watching the old firm and being emotionally involved in it before they play for us in an important home match is unacceptable. Naismith should’ve turned it off and told them to get their heads on our game. It’s unprofessional and sums up the holiday camp mentality around our squad. 

I genuinely believe a lot of our players think they’re better than they are, if games v Killie, Dundee and Motherwell earning a single point doesn’t tell them different then Naismith needs to start booting some arses.

19 hours ago, Percival King said:

We're not a small club like inverness. Believe it or not, outside the old firm Hearts are a big club in Scotland. You wouldn't see a Rangers player constantly talking up Hearts orHibs in the media even if he was still being 'respectful' to Rangers.

Halliday is an arse and the sooner he leaves the better. 

A_A wehatethehibs
9 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I don’t care he supports Rangers and I don’t really care he pulls his banger over them on a number of podcasts and radio phone ins.

However, and he’s not solely to blame here, our squad watching the old firm and being emotionally involved in it before they play for us in an important home match is unacceptable. Naismith should’ve turned it off and told them to get their heads on our game. It’s unprofessional and sums up the holiday camp mentality around our squad. 

I genuinely believe a lot of our players think they’re better than they are, if games v Killie, Dundee and Motherwell earning a single point doesn’t tell them different then Naismith needs to start booting some arses.

I think at most clubs, whenever there’s any football game on, it’s on the TVs for the players. They are professionals. Halliday says on the pod it gets turned off 10 mins before the warm up so they never got to see the full game. I don’t really have a problem with professional footballers watching another SPFL match that’s on. Halliday also said the majority of dressing room aren’t really that bothered. If it’s not rangers vs Celtic it’ll be some other game that’s on for the players to watch, typically an English game 

Butterbean1874
On 05/09/2023 at 21:10, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

That's the absolute boak if it's true. How ****ing depressing. 

That's crap he says most of the squad didn't care 1 way or another,said Boyce was a celtic man never once was said anyone was cheering for any team,get over yourselves 

Stupid Sexy Flanders
4 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I think at most clubs, whenever there’s any football game on, it’s on the TVs for the players. They are professionals. Halliday says on the pod it gets turned off 10 mins before the warm up so they never got to see the full game. I don’t really have a problem with professional footballers watching another SPFL match that’s on. Halliday also said the majority of dressing room aren’t really that bothered. If it’s not rangers vs Celtic it’ll be some other game that’s on for the players to watch, typically an English game 

36 minutes ago, Butterbean1874 said:

That's crap he says most of the squad didn't care 1 way or another,said Boyce was a celtic man never once was said anyone was cheering for any team,get over yourselves 

Fair enough lads, that's honestly a bit of a relief. 👍🏻

4 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Nah I’m not buying it, a random game from England etc fair enough but not an old firm where a number of the the team are emotionally involved? IMO that’s what’s wrong with our club, it wants to be a big club but still acts small time.

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Nah I’m not buying it, a random game from England etc fair enough but not an old firm where a number of the the team are emotionally involved? IMO that’s what’s wrong with our club, it wants to be a big club but still acts small time.

Completely agree with this point. 

I’m pretty disappointed that this happened. 

On 05/09/2023 at 21:13, Pasquale for King said:

The two Forrests and McAvoy would back him up surely, not great for team unity or focus. 
Surely any tv should be used for analysis. 

Why would you assume the two Forrests are Celtic fans ?

If you want to be a winner you have to be 100% invested in it.  Having an emotional tie to a competitor may seem small potatoes to some but it actually does affect your percentage of investment in what you should be trying to achieve.  All the small percentages add up.  You have to be fully committed or you will never fulfill your potential.  When Alex MacDonald came to Hearts, yes he was a rangers man, but he brought with him a 100% winning mentality that was obvious in the team, from fitness levels to commitment on the park.  A total psychological change is required at the club. If a rangers man like AM could do it others can do it. If players and coaches do not or cannot believe that Hearts is the club that they can win things at, if they can’t be proffesional enough to commit to doing just that, then they should not be at the club.

Shooter McGavin

Apparently Naismith started a team talk and Halliday told him to shut up, and switched the volume up on the telly whilst the old firm was on. Full squad started pissing themselves laughing.

And apparently Barrie McKay and Boyce were both reeling off from the Rangers and Celtic song books.

Apparently Budge came down from her meeting with her Hibby pal who’s going to be running the hotel to see what all the fuss was, just to see McAvoy sitting in the physio room wearing the sash and drinking a can.

My sources are usually spot on 👍🏻

Fair enough the tele being on in the players lounge when they arrive etc, but the changing room before a game, **** that. Even if its aye been, get that sorted ffs. Fans desperate to close the gap just a bit, but the players watching that. Had it been Motherwell v St Mirren or some other shite I'm sure it wouldn't be on. 

I'd be amazed if the biggest league fixture in the calendar wasn't of great interest to professional footballers!

I'm pretty sure I've heard of them watching whatever game's been on in the past. As much as I don't like Celtic or the rangers, this seems like a nothing to me.

40 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Apparently Naismith started a team talk and Halliday told him to shut up, and switched the volume up on the telly whilst the old firm was on. Full squad started pissing themselves laughing.

And apparently Barrie McKay and Boyce were both reeling off from the Rangers and Celtic song books.

Apparently Budge came down from her meeting with her Hibby pal who’s going to be running the hotel to see what all the fuss was, just to see McAvoy sitting in the physio room wearing the sash and drinking a can.

My sources are usually spot on 👍🏻

Your source is probably correct on one part of that...:whistling:

Shooter McGavin
7 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Your source is probably correct on one part of that...:whistling:

Aye apparently he hates Hearts more than anything on earth, vowed to randomly leave wee jobbies in folks rooms and stuff.

Budge knows about this but is turning a blind eye to it apparently.

1 hour ago, B.S. said:

If you want to be a winner you have to be 100% invested in it.  Having an emotional tie to a competitor may seem small potatoes to some but it actually does affect your percentage of investment in what you should be trying to achieve.  All the small percentages add up.  You have to be fully committed or you will never fulfill your potential.  When Alex MacDonald came to Hearts, yes he was a rangers man, but he brought with him a 100% winning mentality that was obvious in the team, from fitness levels to commitment on the park.  A total psychological change is required at the club. If a rangers man like AM could do it others can do it. If players and coaches do not or cannot believe that Hearts is the club that they can win things at, if they can’t be professional enough to commit to doing just that, then they should not be at the club.

I think its not being able to "check" that emotional tie correctly. 

Halliday has made being Mr Rangers his whole ****ing personality and as a Hearts fan who cares about Hearts, its distasteful to see a Hearts player constantly talking about a rival in favourable terms. Lets be real, part of the reason he is on that podcast is because without him it would be heavily Celtic leaning and they need "balance". 

We've had countless Rangers and Celtic fans who have been able to check their emotional ties to "their" club whilst a Hearts player, and I don't think its professional to be constantly rubbing our faces in the fact he's not one of us. 

In todays age, I think footballers need to be savvy in their dealings with the media and I don't think Halliday is capable of that as evidenced by headline after headline of his comments as a Hearts player on his beloved Rangers. I don't think as a club it should be something we allow. Simple fact is that neither Rangers or Celtic would allow it, so why should we? To entertain the aspirations of at best a squad player? No thanks. Should have been nipped in the bud right away. 

On 06/09/2023 at 11:10, Percival King said:

Given how many of us bought virtual match tickets signed by Robo during covid, perhaps they may give him/us a pass on that one?

16 hours ago, Gordon_1874 said:

Heard him say this today as well and it screamed tinpot to me, these are guys that get paid thousands every week to pull on our shirt and should've been totally focused and committed on beating Motherwell.

If they were that interested they could've recorded the game and watched it once they were home.

Totally unprofessional.

Agree entirely.  

ShortmanRossco
8 hours ago, GinRummy said:

We're not a small club like inverness. Believe it or not, outside the old firm Hearts are a big club in Scotland. You wouldn't see a Rangers player constantly talking up Hearts orHibs in the media even if he was still being 'respectful' to Rangers.

Halliday is an arse and the sooner he leaves the better. 

Celtic/Rangers mentality 🤢