***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***

dazajmbo

HopeDiouf
6 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Pure raging stuff Hopediouf…!

Here's a thought for you. Had tagawa done better, he'd have played more, which was probably the plan. Boyce would then have played less, and extension prob wouldn't have been triggered.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Deviskan said:

Did he?

How?

Yes he did.

Never shirked a tackle and got stuck in.

Just now, HopeDiouf said:

Here's a thought for you. Had tagawa done better, he'd have played more, which was probably the plan. Boyce would then have played less, and extension prob wouldn't have been triggered.

Here’s a thought for you…Tagawa doesn’t speak English, is in a new country…and hasn’t had a run of games in a team playing to his strengths.

Personally, I’d give him leeway to see how he does after a few starts in a row…then that will be the time to judge how good or pish he actually is. 

But yeah you’re right, it’s much better to simply say he’s pish now…then if he does get a run of games and does well, I can pretty much guarantee posters like yourself will be on here posting about how awesome he is (exactly like what has happened with Vargas).

4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Yes he did.

Never shirked a tackle and got stuck in.

Shale he can’t actually score though isn’t it…or do you think he would be the man to replace Shankland if he leaves in the summer?

HopeDiouf
3 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Here’s a thought for you…Tagawa doesn’t speak English, is in a new country…and hasn’t had a run of games in a team playing to his strengths.

Personally, I’d give him leeway to see how he does after a few starts in a row…then that will be the time to judge how good or pish he actually is. 

But yeah you’re right, it’s much better to simply say he’s pish now…then if he does get a run of games and does well, I can pretty much guarantee posters like yourself will be on here posting about how awesome he is (exactly like what has happened with Vargas).

There no chance he's getting a few starts in a row now, unless he does something in first game to get the start in the 2nd game. Its harsh, but that's football.  

Just have to pray shanks stays Injury free and well be fine.

Just now, HopeDiouf said:

There no chance he's getting a few starts in a row now, unless he does something in first game to get the start in the 2nd game. Its harsh, but that's football.  

Just have to pray shanks stays Injury free and well be fine.

If you’d actually read what I said earlier…I said hopefully if we can secure third early, we can give Tagawa, Vargas and Oda a run of games.

HopeDiouf
2 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

If you’d actually read what I said earlier…I said hopefully if we can secure third early, we can give Tagawa, Vargas and Oda a run of games.

I'm glad you're not in charge 😁

BackOfTheNet
2 hours ago, HopeDiouf said:

and has the heart of a pea.

Oh good, a baseless lazy stereotype to assign to a player. The JKB way.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Shale he can’t actually score though isn’t it…or do you think he would be the man to replace Shankland if he leaves in the summer?

Due to his recent injury that would seem unlikely.

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Due to his recent injury that would seem unlikely.

I’m actually embarrassed on your behalf…that you need to divert that badly, rather than simply admit Boyce isn’t good enough as a striker anymore.

Yes, Boyce clearly can’t score now he’s injured you’re right…as that’s exactly what I asked you wasn’t it?

I’ll try again…do you think Boyce is the man to replace Shankland if he leaves in the summer…would Boyce bang in the goals for us?

The Real Maroonblood

I’m actually embarrassed on your behalf…that you need to divert that badly, rather than simply admit Boyce isn’t good enough as a striker anymore.

Yes, Boyce clearly can’t score now he’s injured you’re right…as that’s exactly what I asked you wasn’t it?

I’ll try again…do you think Boyce is the man to replace Shankland if he leaves in the summer…would Boyce bang in the goals for us?

Where did I say that Boyce was good enough for the striker role?

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Where did I say that Boyce was good enough for the striker role?

Did I say you said that? 

Christ…I asked you for your opinion on the matter, why would I do that if you’d already provided an opinion?

And you’ve still failed to answer the question!

Third time lucky…is Boyce good enough to play as a striker?

The Real Maroonblood

Did I say you said that? 

Christ…I asked you for your opinion on the matter, why would I do that if you’d already provided an opinion?

And you’ve still failed to answer the question!

Third time lucky…is Boyce good enough to play as a striker?

Of course not but I was glad to see him come back.

You can calm down now.

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Of course not but I was glad to see him come back.

You can calm down now.

Why do I need to calm down…oh I see, the usual statement from someone who basically has nothing to come back with (intimate the other person is angry…genius level stuff).

Personally, I’d have tried to move him on before the season started…but that’s just my opinion.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

Why do I need to calm down…oh I see, the usual statement from someone who basically has nothing to come back with (intimate the other person is angry…genius level stuff).

Personally, I’d have tried to move him on before the season started…but that’s just my opinion.

All about opinions.

👍

Cambo_Jambo
2 hours ago, Deviskan said:

I’d actually like to see those three get a run of games at some point (hopefully when we’ve nailed third)

Fraser playing behind them could be fairly exciting! 

Agree. I feel like we signed them but haven't played the way that suits them yet.

Vargas can't play through the middle because Shankland is far too good in there.

Oda seems to want to take people on and that's not really what we're set up to do playing a lone striker.

Tagawa looks like he wants to be running onto balls and we've not had anybody around to do that for him consistently so he's probably not had much of a shot at playing his natural game.

Nothing personal but for Tagawa to get a run of games would likely mean an injured Shanks so hopefully he’s sub for a while yet!

42 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Nothing personal but for Tagawa to get a run of games would likely mean an injured Shanks so hopefully he’s sub for a while yet!

I said earlier in the thread, that I’d play Tagawa, Vargas and Oda at the end of the season if we get third wrapped up early.

12 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

I said earlier in the thread, that I’d play Tagawa, Vargas and Oda at the end of the season if we get third wrapped up early.

What about Wilson?

If third is wrapped up would it not be wise to give the lad 1st team experience.  After all he had a wide choice of clubs to sign for and elected to stay with us.  Well worth rewarding and give encouragement to others in the youth sides that there is a pathway.

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

What about Wilson?

If third is wrapped up would it not be wise to give the lad 1st team experience.  After all he had a wide choice of clubs to sign for and elected to stay with us.  Well worth rewarding and give encouragement to others in the youth sides that there is a pathway.

I’d not be against that either…but have only seen him in one game, so not sure what type of forward he is.

Is he a similar type to Tagawa, looking for through balls behind the defence to run onto?

Without knowing what type of striker he is, it’s pretty hard to say.

16 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

I’d not be against that either…but have only seen him in one game, so not sure what type of forward he is.

Is he a similar type to Tagawa, looking for through balls behind the defence to run onto?

Without knowing what type of striker he is, it’s pretty hard to say.

I've only seen him on TV in the recent cup game but too little time to judge.

However the fact that he was being chased (reportedly) by some top clubs suggests he has a future and the importance of providing a youth pathway cannot be under estimated.

SomethingAboutObua
6 hours ago, Deviskan said:

Don't know why you're bothering replying, this guy is ****ing obsessed with telling everyone how shit Tagawa is. Don't think he posts anything else 

Sounds a plan, drop and piss off our best player before the Euro's. 

jamboinglasgow
6 hours ago, Deviskan said:

Completely agree

Naismith in his press conference when asked if they thought about getting another striker, talked about Tagawa. He spoke about how he has not had the minutes that both Naismith and Tagawa would have liked but with Shankland in the form he is in that it makes getting game time hard. Also believes he will bring more in the second half of the season.

I do think Fraser helps Tagawa more as Fraser is very good at reading the runs of his team mates which Tagawa is very good at make runs. 

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

What about Wilson?

Fair point well played. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, May98 said:

They can all play together, one off the left, think that it would work well and give us an idea whether they can all link up well. 

Fraser in the press today saying he is looking to stay in Scotland next season due to family.

Am disappointed we didn’t go for van Veem. We have no decent cover for up front and losing one player to injury , could seriously risk our chance of third this year.

HopeDiouf
10 hours ago, May98 said:

Indeed.  Must be a hobo at the windup.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
35 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Am disappointed we didn’t go for van Veem. We have no decent cover for up front and losing one player to injury , could seriously risk our chance of third this year.

It’s also a mystery where Kilmarnock get the money for deals like that 🤷🏻‍♂️

40 minutes ago, McCrae said:

He said he wants to play not sit on the bench . He would be sitting on the bench unless Shanks was injured 

44 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

It’s also a mystery where Kilmarnock get the money for deals like that 🤷🏻‍♂️

Billy Bowie.

Mystery solved 🕵🏻‍♂️

FarmerTweedy
20 hours ago, Le Chat said:

Maybe Derek Adams was right and we are skint 😃

It's the only logical reason for not bringing in a striker on loan at least, considering the Boyce news (which wont  have been a surprise to the club).

There are other logical reasons, such as the manager and coaches who work with the squad on a daily basis being confident that we have enough attacking options of suitable quality to cope even if Shankland did get injured, or the manager and coaches feeling that with the attacking options we've got, bringing in another forward player would just make things difficult in training, particularly the parts of training that primarily relate to in-game tactics, shape, linkup play, etc, rather than to fitness, or that an additional striker would make it more difficult to get some of the youth players that are pushing for involvement in the first team squad the level of involvement in training that would be ideal to help them make the step up. Or maybe any of that lot combined with the manager considering that any other striker signed would almost certainly spend the vast majority of the remainder of the season on the bench and use up money that could otherwise go towards helping bringing in someone in the summer who would be expected to play regularly, or to making an improved contract offer to someone we'd like to keep. 

But nah, instead of any (or all) of that, it's far more logical that not making a signing that some jkb posters would have liked to see means we haven't got a pot to piss in!

:facepalm:

18 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Hope Boycie’s not on the wage he was when he signed for us. Crocked almost all the time. 

I think the years extension in his contract about sums up Robbie Neilson. Exact same script with Andy Halliday - would rather hold onto a declining player than let them go and replace them with younger and with development potential. 

Boyce has done well for us, but I'm doubtful we'll see much more from him this season or next. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
59 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Billy Bowie.

Mystery solved 🕵🏻‍♂️

His company value has dropped by almost half in past year to £13.5m. So, I wouldn’t expect him to have more disposable personal cash than AB. And, there’s no JA on the Kilmarnock Board as far as I'm aware 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
4 hours ago, steve123 said:

Fraser in the press today saying he is looking to stay in Scotland next season due to family.

We’ll have to see how good he actually is before thinking about a contract. That’s the advantage of a loan I guess.

GorgieFifeLife
23 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think the years extension in his contract about sums up Robbie Neilson. Exact same script with Andy Halliday - would rather hold onto a declining player than let them go and replace them with younger and with development potential. 

Boyce has done well for us, but I'm doubtful we'll see much more from him this season or next. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t play for us again.  Although he got an extension I think he will move on in the summer.

3 hours ago, GBJambo said:

He said he wants to play not sit on the bench . He would be sitting on the bench unless Shanks was injured 

We could play him besides Shanks.

• 4 weeks later...
RustyRightPeg
2 hours ago, bazman said:

Yan dhanda in directors box

Noice.

2 hours ago, bazman said:

With a scarf above his head? 

18 hours ago, bazman said:

Is he injured... not seen him feature for County lately? 

fabienleclerq
On 03/02/2024 at 07:48, steve123 said:

I'm sure Edinburgh City or spartans might be interested. He's been absolutely shite.

Batistuta87
20 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

I'm sure Edinburgh City or spartans might be interested. He's been absolutely shite.

😂

Never thought I'd say this but I prefer Grant! 

Would be disappointed if we signed him long term. 

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

😂

Yeah, thought he was worth a punt but wow was he disappointing in the derby.

12 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Yeah, thought he was worth a punt but wow was he disappointing in the derby.

Not the sort of game to turn in such a limp dicked performance. 

No doubt it will be remembered, so he'll need to seriously up his game before the end of the season, or there will be a lot of questions if we make him permanent. 

fabienleclerq
4 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

😂

I'm no a grant fan either, I think he's a good player in a team on top. Can see he has some talent but doesn’t affect games enough. 

Fraser I haven't seen anything promising yet unfortunately. 

Bongo 1874

Crying out for a striker that can close down and be a threat in behind.

What i would give for Gino&Humps.