Andy Irving

FFSJohn

Bongo 1874
5 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

There was an article this week about Leonard going to the English Championship for about 300k. So interested in your logic of how Hearts would have got 4 or 5 times that circa 5 years ago. Also wasn't it discussed on here that we told him the path to the first team but his Dad was expecting him to play when he was too young or something? Sure that was covered by one of the posters more knowledgeable on the youths. 

See above mate.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Saint Jambo

• Mikey1874

• Ricardo Quaresma

Bongo 1874
3 hours ago, King prawn said:

Doig never played a professional game for us

Hickey went to Bologna in Serie A which isn’t a worse club than us 

Leonard has played twice for Brighton in 3 years in the EFL cup and is currently on loan at the mighty Northampton Town 

Souttar went on to play for Rangers after spending half his time with us injured and the rest not wanting to be here (fantastic player when he was fit mind) 

Irving went to the German 3rd division 

Where does any of this fall into your “foreign coaches can spot a player” ? 

Your attitude and the way you look at players is the problem.

And speaks volumes.

Irving was playing for who ? 

Doig was playing for who?

Hickey was playing for who ?

They got properly developed and other clubs received the money,that was ours and we chucked it away.

Why ? Because we don't see the bigger picture.

Why make a comment like the mighty Northampton 😂😂.

Playing for the mighty Northampton, has allowed him to get interest from English Championship clubs.

My point why couldn't he do exactly that at us.

Because we didn't value him enough.

Simple.

Edited by Bongo 1874

Bongo 1874
6 hours ago, Jocam2325 said:

What do you think we could have got for Leonard? Souttar, would have been a gamble by the club given his Injury situation. The one I would agree with is Doig. 

Not sure what more we could have done to get more for Hickey. 

6 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

There was an article this week about Leonard going to the English Championship for about 300k. So interested in your logic of how Hearts would have got 4 or 5 times that circa 5 years ago. Also wasn't it discussed on here that we told him the path to the first team but his Dad was expecting him to play when he was too young or something? Sure that was covered by one of the posters more knowledgeable on the youths. 

Watch this 👍.

The problem with our fanbase is we don't have the patience.

These players need time to develop and they can do that at us,but we need to stand by them during hard times.

Tait made a mistake on Sunday, I stand by him.

He was trying to be brave in possession and made a mistake,the lad genuinely cares about the club.

We need to stand by our young players,and if we do hopefully they will repay us and we will get the rewards 💰

tian447

Players develop at different times, and at different times, under different management styles, shock. 

Could it be down to the players they might find themselves playing with, or the role they find themselves in in their new teams?  Or could it be down to them maturing and developing at different rates?  Could it be luck of the draw? 

No, it's Hearts fault for them not being world beaters when they played for us.  Or it's our fault for selling them too early, and not holding on to everyone we have on our books on the off chance they turn into something special. 

I wish we had 20/20 hindsight as our manager instead of Naismith. We'd be unbeatable. 

Debut 4
On 24/04/2024 at 23:13, Bongo 1874 said:

I could certainly see his potential along with others,I mean when you dominate Lewis Ferguson in midfield, I think it's sticking out to be quite honest.

Stendel had Irving moving with the ball forwards and getting into telling positions to be more of a threat with his passing…instead of sitting in and playing square most of the time…it was clearly evident at the time…..

Sometimes it just takes encouragement and simple changes to make a player grasp what he can do if he can’t see it himself. 

Edited by Debut 4

Midloth_Iain
49 minutes ago, OBE said:

Bangs in another goal...

Ironically, lost to a Donis Avdijaj hat trick - who moved from Zurich to Hartberg

56 minutes ago, Midloth_Iain said:

Ironically, lost to a Donis Avdijaj hat trick - who moved from Zurich to Hartberg

Covid season team mates