• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Saint Jambo

• Mikey1874

• Ricardo Quaresma

Not confirmed by West Ham but confirmed by Austria. It is suggested it's about making his club in Austria a feeder club. Loaned back to current club. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Always got the feeling he was better than the dross we churn out of Riccarton but in no way shape or form did he do anything in a Hearts jersey to give the slightest **** about him no longer being at Hearts.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Always got the feeling he was better than the dross we churn out of Riccarton but in no way shape or form did he do anything in a Hearts jersey to give the slightest **** about him no longer being at Hearts.

:rofl:

What a slaver !

1 minute ago, briever said:

Is it a dodgy way of pay a club to be a feeder?

Makes zero sense.

Good question.

A full analysis of all the 'feeder' club arrangements in the world would be interesting. One person online has said this, also saying Irving will never play for West Ham. It could be a way around FIFA / UEFA rules. 

Footballfirst

I understand that three Serie A clubs and one Bundesliga had inquired about him in addition to West Ham.

The loan deal was a demand of Klagenfurt because they had no time to bring in a replacement on the last day of the window.

Congratulations, Andy, you knew you are good, HMFC didn't, even if you curled a left footer 40 yards right in their pus...Happy for him...:rudiyas:

i wish jj was my dad

Laddie deserves his good fortune for no sitting on his arse complaining about his lot. He would have been ideal in the Snoddy role. 

4 minutes ago, OBE said:

Congratulations, Andy, you knew you are good, HMFC didn't, even if you curled a left footer 40 yards right in their pus...Happy for him...:rudiyas:

Hearts offered him a new contract and he refused right?

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Laddie deserves his good fortune for no sitting on his arse complaining about his lot. He would have been ideal in the Snoddy role. 

The Snoddy role _is_  sitting on his arse complaining about his lot

Always remember Irving's debut v Motherwell - could instantly see he was a player, strong for his age and great vision, shame it didn't work out for him here, club was mostly a basket case at the time though

4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Hearts offered him a new contract and he refused right?

People still moaning he wasn't offered enough. Questions about Hearts' wage structure for younger players at the time. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Exactly, so why didn’t the manager want him and try harder to keep him? 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think he struggled for a period to impact games. Of course you can question how he was used in games, his position etc. 

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

People still moaning he wasn't offered enough. Questions about Hearts' wage structure for younger players at the time. 

Those people might want to read the interviews he has given since he left. He confirmed he made up his mind early to join the German team when he left. Then after moving to Austria he talked about how he had decided he wants to play abroad 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/exclusive-andy-irving-breaks-his-silence-on-hearts-exit-german-bankruptcy-nightmare-and-austrian-dream-3745679

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The club confirmed they made him multiple offers. The manager played him 29 times that season. In what sense didn't the manager try to get him to stay?

11 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

The Snoddy role _is_  sitting on his arse complaining about his lot

Always remember Irving's debut v Motherwell - could instantly see he was a player, strong for his age and great vision, shame it didn't work out for him here, club was mostly a basket case at the time though

He left after we strolled the championship and we're about to have a successful season ending third in the premiership and making the cup final in our first season back. In what sense were we a basketcase at that time?

20 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Will be stunned if he ever plays competitively for West Ham. Feels like a dodgy move of some sort to do with the clubs tie up. 

He will never play for West Ham 

Very strange this 

rudi must stay

Irving had an eye for a pass. Way too good for the German 2nd Division could see that, not going to do much in the EPL though. I'd not surprised if he's back in the SPL in a few years

6 minutes ago, stotty said:

Most of the football geniuses on here said he was rubbish. 

Aye, it seems to be  JKB's  standard default opinion of most Hearts players whenever we  lose a match.

:sadrobbo:

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Aye, it seems to be  JKB's  standard default opinion of most Hearts players whenever we  lose a match.

:sadrobbo:

He was mediocre - we should probably have kept him but he's never going to be a "one that that got away"

But he's playing in a league that isn't any better than ours and this deal smacks of dodging regulations than a reflection on his talents.

3 minutes ago, briever said:

He was mediocre - we should probably have kept him but he's never going to be a "one that that got away"

But he's playing in a league that isn't any better than ours and this deal smacks of dodging regulations than a reflection on his talents.

Controlled midfield better as a teenager than any of our current midfielders can. Laddie had loads of potential.

1 minute ago, stotty said:

Controlled midfield better as a teenager than any of our current midfielders can. Laddie had loads of potential.

A 53yr old Stevie Fulton could do that too.

As I said we should have kept him - but this deal has bugger all to do with his talents.

Not really buying the dodgy link up line.

To me it's probably a money-ball signing. I bet you Andy's stats look great in the Austrian league. He seems to score and assist alot.

Probably ends up high on various lists for the number crunchers.

Could it be as simple as it's an absolute punt and 1million just isn't that much of a gamble for a club like west ham ? 

Bazzas right boot

Right uo there with uche going for over £1m.

Transfer fees paid but most English clubs is not an indication of the ability,  the market's ****ed.

49 minutes ago, stotty said:

Most of the football geniuses on here said he was rubbish. 

Like the geniuses that said Jordan McGhee would make us £millions. 

Sorry..... :what:??? 

Have I stumbled through a black hole and found myself in a parallel universe where Andy Irving is infact the real Porty Pirlo?

1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

We're really good at judging a player's ability and paying him his worth. 

Indeed. 

And now now we are crying out for a decent midfielder.

Irving was very underrated.

Exactky what we’re missing tbh, could take it in tight positions, composed and could play a telling pass too.

Pleased he’s made it but unfortunately a bad call for us not to go all out to keep.

10 minutes ago, The Merse said:

Exactky what we’re missing tbh, could take it in tight positions, composed and could play a telling pass too.

Pleased he’s made it but unfortunately a bad call for us not to go all out to keep.

Yep, although we don't know the circumstances that made him refuse each contract offer. Its possible he just had his mind set on going to a country where the standard of football coaching & management was higher then here.

46 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Yep, although we don't know the circumstances that made him refuse each contract offer. Its possible he just had his mind set on going to a country where the standard of football coaching & management was higher then here.

You could argue that we do know, because that is exactly what he said happened. Said he had his heart set on playing abroad.

It's weird, when he was struggling to get a game in the third tier of German football, there wasn't the same long line of posters happy to proclaim that it was obvious he is a great footballer and would be successful at a higher level than Hearts.

1 hour ago, The Merse said:

He’d make a difference to our midfield right now for sure!

Cant believe he’s only 23, feels like proper ages ago he was with us.

Glamorgan Jambo

Well done Andy. He played an important role in the ‘demotion’ season. Would be great for Scottish football if more players took the leap of faith he did.

1 minute ago, Homme said:

Delighted for him.

Thought he was utter shite with us though.

The point with your thoughts are ? Hopefully? He had potential? He was young and in a mediocre squad?

he definitely wasn’t shite with us , kids can’t be described as shite ,they need to play more ,this is similar to Hickey,where his family moved the goal for his life ?

August Landmesser
4 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

He left after we strolled the championship and we're about to have a successful season ending third in the premiership and making the cup final in our first season back. In what sense were we a basketcase at that time?

I was meaning the seasons preceding our championship stroll, when he was breaking into the first team