Unforgivable by Savage

longmalx

39 minutes ago, frankblack said:

He played against Partick on Sunday.

And looked good.

Not high quality opposition, of course, but he looked a player.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• frankblack

• Rudy T

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

😭

I feel bad saying last night I've given up on him but I genuinely don't think he'll be back playing a meaningful role for us again.

we will know by Christmas. Unbelievable player and probably the best centre mid we’ve had in living memory.

you cannot blame savage for planning on his return.he was got back in May.  I’m fearful he has a bit of a mental problem and a bit scared of injuryz

look at Boyce.  Man he’s better than he was before he got hurt. Superb player

27 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Beni Baningime (the best midfielder outside the OF) was deemed fit in May. So you can forgive the powers that be for thinking he would be game ready in August after a pre season. 

We were all looking forward to a season without an insane amount of injuries and hoping this was it. That’s Beni, Haring and McKay unavailable and we’re no even out of August!

It would have been a different game last night if Haring was in for Cochrane. Huge miss.

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, longmalx said:

Last season was derailed by a lack of strong ball winning centre back. To me that’s the main reason we lost 3rd place over the season. Savage knew we needed one to cover Halkett and failed to recruit.

This season we knew we needed a strong central midfielder who can hold the ball and move it on. Savage has failed again and has gambled on a combination of Beni regaining fitness quickly / a punt at an unproven Aussie.

To me it’s unforgivable that for 2 seasons in a row are team is being derailed by uncertainty in a key area. Changing CM every game to try and find a combo which works is ridiculous, made more so by us playing a CB, a LB and a recently released kid.

To me last season he was on a shoogly peg due to this. To repeat it 2 seasons in a row is incompetence.

Brilliant. You should post more. Maybe after wins as well. That way you won’t come over as a bit of a……. What’s the word 🤔 I’m looking for?

Just now, Tour22 said:

It would have been a different game last night if Haring was in for Cochrane. Huge miss.

I don't understand why we didn't take him off against Killie when he clearly had an injury.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

I don't understand why we didn't take him off against Killie when he clearly had an injury.

it was a tackle in training mate.  

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

it was a tackle in training mate.  

Ok - thought he had strained something by playing on as he did seem to struggle after a knock vs Kille.

Honestly feel that some folk would always just rather put the club down than getting on with supporting it.

We are miles away from the doom and gloom of last season.

So today I’ve had the misfortune to read this complete and utter ****ing walloper and also someone on twitter hoping Barrie Mackay’s injury is serious.

Hearts fans are turning into self righteous ****ing Celtic fans before my very eyes.

****ing retards.

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

We have two creative players on the wings and two ball winners in the middle. We are just fine.

If you were a superhero you’d be ‘Complacent Man’!
Always telling people there’s ‘nothing to see here’.

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Think we're in for a good season !! We look far fitter this season and more organised 

Maybe that's what's really eating at the OP.

Life Aquatic

Did Savage ding your motor or something... last season's failure to land third wasn't his fault and the new signings that have come in look decent.

Early days though.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Precisely - the type of quality you need to dominate in midfield costs serious money.

All we need is a younger Snodgrass who isn't a James Hunt.

just incredible how some folks brains work, hitting a panic button at every chance.   this must be where they get to have a say cos they aren't allowed in the house.    

1 hour ago, longmalx said:

Last season was derailed by a lack of strong ball winning centre back. To me that’s the main reason we lost 3rd place over the season. Savage knew we needed one to cover Halkett and failed to recruit.

This season we knew we needed a strong central midfielder who can hold the ball and move it on. Savage has failed again and has gambled on a combination of Beni regaining fitness quickly / a punt at an unproven Aussie.

To me it’s unforgivable that for 2 seasons in a row are team is being derailed by uncertainty in a key area. Changing CM every game to try and find a combo which works is ridiculous, made more so by us playing a CB, a LB and a recently released kid.

To me last season he was on a shoogly peg due to this. To repeat it 2 seasons in a row is incompetence.

You have had time to read your replies. Anything you would like to say in reply?

Little point starting a thread if you fail to participate in it.

HeartsandonlyHearts
45 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

God I LOVE Kickback!! - more from the OP please....

image.jpeg.322610052c6152d238eabbc5762bfa24.jpeg

Don’t be mean. She had 5 minutes to spare before she had to get down to the church before rehearsal started for the local drama club rendition of Cats.

Hmmm, which thread to take more seriously?  'Unforgivable by Savage', or 'I think we are going places with this side'?    Difficult decision - both can't be true of course as Savage has been in charge of recruitment over recent years.  I think I'll opt for the latter, but each to their own I guess.

28 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Think we're in for a good season !! We look far fitter this season and more organised 

I don't know why folk are getting so negged out. The criticism of our midfield is valid. I think we've failed to get decent centre mids in he last few windows but this one isn't finished and we don't know if Nieuwenhof will come good or not.

As you say, there are plenty of positives this season so far.

26 minutes ago, briever said:

All we need is a younger Snodgrass who isn't a James Hunt.

probs already playing in the EPL for oodles of cash every week.

40 minutes ago, Korky said:

If you were a superhero you’d be ‘Complacent Man’!
Always telling people there’s ‘nothing to see here’.

Just being realistic. We are a work in progress and will continue to develop. Our team is better than last year. We should secure 3rd. It obvious where we need to upgrade the team to allow us to do better in Europe and to be more of a challenge to the old firm. We don’t need to be the finished article now to progress further.

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, longmalx said:

What's your favourite flavour of crayon?

2 hours ago, longmalx said:

The truth is, and many people can’t handle the truth, We are screaming out for a left sided centre back because we have Rowles who has 4 years left on his contract and there’s no way anybody is going to take him off our hands and he should never ever be a first choice for his position.

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

The truth is, and many people can’t handle the truth, We are screaming out for a left sided centre back because we have Rowles who has 4 years left on his contract and there’s no way anybody is going to take him off our hands and he should never ever be a first choice for his position.

We have one who will be back in October.  

The quality that Beni showed when he was fit is of a standard we couldn't afford to buy quite honestly. Easy to forget that we bought him as a project/gamble. We just need to get him fit to play and have to accept it will take time. Boyce, a far older player, has come back from a similarly serious injury and looked better than ever.

This is the best and most complete squad we have had for a long time, credit to Savage for that. 

I trust him to keep improving. 

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

This place is almost broken.  Do we need to build a new ship?!

You would think from the reaction from some that we were completely outclassed, humiliated and lost heavily last night and that we are failing badly domestically. Kye Rowles has done well so far this season (not conceded yet domestically,) makes a mistake to give away a penalty and has a shaky few minutes but is fine after that, he is terrible and we are doomed. We have two key midfielders injured and 1 new one still getting up to speed, the centre midfield is a disaster this is Savages fault for not signing a new midfielder.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

You would think from the reaction from some that we were completely outclassed, humiliated and lost heavily last night and that we are failing badly domestically. Kye Rowles has done well so far this season (not conceded yet domestically,) makes a mistake to give away a penalty and has a shaky few minutes but is fine after that, he is terrible and we are doomed. We have two key midfielders injured and 1 new one still getting up to speed, the centre midfield is a disaster this is Savages fault for not signing a new midfielder.

Mind numbing stuff from thick people.

As well saying it as it is mate.  I'm usually more diploatic with my words on here, but the shite on here today is howling.  Really is

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I don't know why folk are getting so negged out. The criticism of our midfield is valid. I think we've failed to get decent centre mids in he last few windows but this one isn't finished and we don't know if Nieuwenhof will come good or not.

As you say, there are plenty of positives this season so far.

👍

20 minutes ago, Jodami said:

The quality that Beni showed when he was fit is of a standard we couldn't afford to buy quite honestly. Easy to forget that we bought him as a project/gamble. We just need to get him fit to play and have to accept it will take time. Boyce, a far older player, has come back from a similarly serious injury and looked better than ever.

Cochrane and Beni were both epl u23 league. We were able to buy both of them. Why are we looking for players in Oz, Costa Rica, Japan etc when the best couple of signings, excl Shankland, have been sourced from right under our noses ?

28 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

We have one who will be back in October.  

And who is this left sided centre back that is coming back in October ?

3 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Still the best part of a week left and deals to be done, calm down to a heart attack OP. 

Savage said at the Gorgie Club last night that transfer in business is done for the window as we have two strong players for each position. He also said, however, that if any key players leave they have replacements lined up.

18 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Open your eyes to the amount of time Rowles loses a tackle, makes a poor pass, gets turned, loses heading duals, panics, do you really think Rowles is doing well ? 

Maybe the title wasn't the best, but people are jumping to assumptions that I'm saying all the signings are bad - that's not what I said.

Kent looks exactly what we need, Vargas shows great promise, Lowry a good coup and option and Tagawa/Calem we just can't tell yet whether they are good/bad.

What I have a bug bear is coming into a new season with the central midfield options being all over the place.
We can tell from the selection merry-go-round the management team are not happy with any option / pairing either, seemingly throwing in players in from the start out of left field (Beni, Denholm, Cochrane have all been thrust in).

I still think we're sorely lacking here - Kilmarnock game shown this in spades where Devlin was like a man down since Haring was doing the same job as him.

On a side note - I wonder who the back on LW is to Mackay. Lowry seems uncomfortable there and Tagawa I thought could play there but he's so far had no minutes there AFAIK.

Edited by longmalx

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Open your eyes to the amount of time Rowles loses a tackle, makes a poor pass, gets turned, loses heading duals, panics, do you really think Rowles is doing well ? 

My eyes are open. I stand by what I say. There is things he can improve on, but I also think Kent being alongside has helped reduce a lot of his negative points from last.

3 hours ago, longmalx said:

Forgot the Schools get out early on a friday !

25 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Cochrane and Beni were both epl u23 league. We were able to buy both of them. Why are we looking for players in Oz, Costa Rica, Japan etc when the best couple of signings, excl Shankland, have been sourced from right under our noses ?

Clearly we are still looking in England as we signed Kent. For me the maxim to employ when we are recruiting from anywhere is the standard of the league. J1 League is clearly better than Scotland so that lends confidence, no idea about Costa Rica or other central American countries so I presume we must have metrics to assess that. The A-League is pretty poor though so I am not sure why we have shopped there when none of the players we have recruited have looked great buys.

Edited by Jodami

We seem to be able to recruit defensive midfielders no problem, attacking CMs are the issue. Kio was neither, Grant isn’t cutting it for whatever reason and the new lad hasn’t offered much offensively so far. Cochrane and Kingsley left were superb against Rosenborg so either stick with that or drop one it was almost like he had to find a place for Cochrane last night and while you can’t fault his efforts he’s not a CM, and certainly not at that level. We’re almost there but this midfield is become an ever increasing problem with the way Naisy and Co want us to play, if we had that one player who could shift it quick out of midfield and break the lines we be a brilliant side to watch.

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

We seem to be able to recruit defensive midfielders no problem, attacking CMs are the issue. Kio was neither, Grant isn’t cutting it for whatever reason and the new lad hasn’t offered much offensively so far. Cochrane and Kingsley left were superb against Rosenborg so either stick with that or drop one it was almost like he had to find a place for Cochrane last night and while you can’t fault his efforts he’s not a CM, and certainly not at that level. We’re almost there but this midfield is become an ever increasing problem with the way Naisy and Co want us to play, if we had that one player who could shift it quick out of midfield and break the lines we be a brilliant side to watch.

Nice to have someone who responds with reasoned debate / analysis.

5 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Forgot the Schools get out early on a friday !

Rather than the standard puerile put-down (probably due to not understanding the original post's sentiments 🙂 )