• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Clark Griswold

• jr ewing

21 minutes ago, Deevers said:

All our midfield options are almost identical  - all ball winners and not a creative player there. Until that gets sorted there will be more sway days like this. 

This.

Incredible how few players in our team can pass the ball.

Paisley Jambo
2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Tell you what it’s Groundhog Day again. This will be another result that we’ll look back in in May when Aberdeen pip us to third by a point and say ‘what if?’

Just like Livi, Motherwell, St Mirren etc away last season. 

Pipped to third?

St Mirren, Kilmarnock and Motherwell are much more up for it as we will see next week.

Under current management set up there is no way we’ll be third. 

Not anywhere near as bad as Levein Dream Team in 19/20 but on today’s evidence top 6 will be a battle. Too many vanity projects and not enough proper footballers.

2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Tell you what it’s Groundhog Day again. This will be another result that we’ll look back in in May when Aberdeen pip us to third by a point and say ‘what if?’

Just like Livi, Motherwell, St Mirren etc away last season. 

We will be nowhere near being pipped for 3rd unless things change and quickly.

Our performances haven't changed since Neilson left, we are lacking in defensive options and have no creativity in midfield and a management team that is sadly taking  nowhere.

Interesting to see what managers say afterwards and at least Naisy is being honest and straightfroward in his assessment.    Early days into his tenure,   let's see how he and the team responds to these types of away performances.     Big improvement needed,  that 1st half in particular was a shocker.    I like Naisy and still think he will get this team playing more conistently and more positvely than RN.   But that really wasn't good today. 

image.png.e2c6e936dbf7f5a24b20afad14b8f511.png

That was honking. 

Mistakes everywhere today. 

Team selection was baffling, individually inept and collectively a shambles. 

Kingsley, Atkinson and Devlin apart there was no skill, desire or commitment to the cause. 

Rowles looks terrified everytime the ball is near him, Lowry is just playing his own game, Shankland looked disinterested from very early on and our midfield are virtually non existent in a productive sense.

Lots of work needed after that, Dundee looked far more up for it than anyone in a pink Jersey.. 

We got exactly what we deserved today, nowt.

3 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Interesting to see what managers say afterwards and at least Naisy is being honest and straightfroward in his assessment.    Early days into his tenure,   let's see how he and the team responds to these types of away performances.     Big improvement needed,  that 1st half in particular was a shocker.    I like Naisy and still think he will get this team playing more conistently and more positvely than RN.   But that really wasn't good today. 

Anybody watching Hearts this season will have realised that the current squad is weak and lacking in creativity

29 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You were never looking for an improvement. You liked the dross Neilson served up and you got that today. 

If there’s anyone on this forum that should be happy with the possession based shite we got today it’s you. 

I suspect the 'dross' of the 2021/22 season is going to seem like a dream compared to this season. Trips Hampden and 3rd place look unlikely right now.

1 hour ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Is it the pink 🩷 strip?

Sorry buts it’s not a strip for me just reminds me of that awful pink and yellow thing we had a few years back mingin 

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I suspect the 'dross' of the 2021/22 season is going to seem like a dream compared to this season. Trips Hampden and 3rd place look unlikely right now.

Your trying to put words in my mouth. Especially away from home, Neilson like a possession based, keep it tight system and hoped one of our better players, McKay, Ginnelly, Shankland would pull off a ‘moment’ (as he called it).

It was the same ineffective shite we got served up today and it’s not difficult to see why we got three away league wins all last season. It was dross and today was dross. That’s what I’m saying to save you putting your own spin on it. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Your trying to put words in my mouth. Especially away from home, Neilson like a possession based, keep it tight system and hoped one of our better players, McKay, Ginnelly, Shankland would pull off a ‘moment’ (as he called it).

It was the same ineffective shite we got served up today and it’s not difficult to see why we got three away league wins all last season. It was dross and today was dross. That’s what I’m saying to save you putting your own spin on it. 

Do you not think the other teams playing a low block has any impact on performances?

18 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Bring  back Robbie . That first half. Second half not much better. That midfield of Denholm and Sibbick 🤦🏻🤦🏻

Hopefully your having a laugh.

5 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Anybody watching Hearts this season will have realised that the current squad is weak and lacking in creativity

It's certainly been a disappointing start to this season,  but we objectively have a stronger squad than last season,  with more creativity in it.   That was a poor goal today,  but we are defending cross balls into the box better (without Halkett),  and we have new players that will take time to settle in.  Was highlighting Naisy's qoute as I'd be much more concerned if he was being defensive like RN,  or talking flannel like LJ or plenty other managers.    Let's see how the team responds.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, bawheed said:

Hopefully your having a laugh.

Only about three people on here would want Prickson back and they’re currently rimming each other on the Naismith Oot thread.

I just don’t see why we didn’t appoint an actual manager/head coach, rather than this pointless cabal of talented goons. 

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Do you not think the other teams playing a low block has any impact on performances?

I’ve said what I think. We should be good enough to beat teams like Dundee home and away. It’s our tactics that should cause them problems. We have the better players. 

I thought they pressed as much as they played the low block tbh but we took so long to get the ball up the park that they generally had plenty time to get organised. 

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Only about three people on here would want Prickson back and they’re currently rimming each other on the Naismith Oot thread.

I just don’t see why we didn’t appoint an actual manager/head coach, rather than this pointless cabal of talented goons. 

It’s a mess and hopefully sorted after we get out of Europe.

If not and you have shite results who takes the blame?

Or is responsible for tactics and team selection?

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’ve said what I think. We should be good enough to beat teams like Dundee home and away. It’s our tactics that should cause them problems. We have the better players. 

I thought they pressed as much as they played the low block tbh but we took so long to get the ball up the park that they generally had plenty time to get organised. 

The gap in quality isn't big enough to dominate. You see the Old Firm struggle against these teams all the time and they have huge resources. Already a 0-0 for Kilmarnock and St Johnstone. We don't have anything like the quality the Old Firm do. As a result we will always struggle against these teams.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The gap in quality isn't big enough to dominate. You see the Old Firm struggle against these teams all the time and they have huge resources. Already a 0-0 for Kilmarnock and St Johnstone. We don't have anything like the quality the Old Firm do. As a result we will always struggle against these teams.

I agree to an extent but we should win more than we should lose. Otherwise we might as well have their players and vice versa. I was very disappointed today but I’m not daft enough to think these results aren’t going to happen. My opinion is from our three opening games we should have done better, one shot on target against killie that nobody can remember and losing an away game to a poor side after a defensive error is all a bit familiar for me. 

Have to hold my hands up, on that performance Toby should not be anywhere near midfield. But neither should Denholm tbh. Grant is so far out of the picture but improved things slightly when he came on. It wasn't hard. We only have Devlin with Haring and Beni both injured. We really must be looking to strengthen that area. 

Clark: Get him to **** from taking free kicks. 

Kingsley: so slow in possession first half. 

Rowles: Poor defensively, poor distribution. 

Kent: Defensively sound but can't pass. 

Denholm/Sibbick: Anonymous

Offiah: Offered nothing. 

Lowry: Better 2nd half, aweful first. 

Oda: flatters to deceive

Vargas: Better on right

Shankland: Not his best day

Atkinson: carried ball well

Boyce: Made a difference initially

Devlin: Offered nothing in a really positive sense but done his job, made himself available and kept it simple. 

Grant: Nothing much to drool over, but at least he looked like a midfielder. Got himself forward, combined with the front line, made runs into space. Better than both Sibbick and Denholm. 

Tagawa: I've seen absolutely nothing from him since he signed tbh. Apart from his earlier goal which he took well. 

buzzbomb1958
5 minutes ago, bawheed said:

It’s a mess and hopefully sorted after we get out of Europe.

If not and you have shite results who takes the blame?

Or is responsible for tactics and team selection?

There’s only one place to lay the blame that is at the door of the boardroom what were they thinking , I for one am sick of this club being used as a social experiment we are the Third biggest club in Scotland and we are being run like a Sunday league side on the playing side of things , stop taking the fans for idiot’s and hire a real manager with real badges and experience to take us to the next level

pettigrewsstylist
33 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

He thinks the squad is good enough to cause Dundee problems. The last 2 midfield selections suggest he knows it isnt though.

Hectormasson
36 minutes ago, Paisley Jambo said:

Pipped to third?

St Mirren, Kilmarnock and Motherwell are much more up for it as we will see next week.

Under current management set up there is no way we’ll be third. 

Not anywhere near as bad as Levein Dream Team in 19/20 but on today’s evidence top 6 will be a battle. Too many vanity projects and not enough proper footballers.

DITTO........in a nutshell, 

pettigrewsstylist
21 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Nah, Dundee were well out and looking to turn ball over from the start.

That was a disgrace today. Great travelling support let down. Clearly the management have no clue about who to play in midfield. Brutal

1 hour ago, billybalfour said:

Probably the reason we need to be out of Europe ASAP.We just aren't strong enough to compete on an extra front .Naismith needs to be in sole charge and if he isn't up to it make the change quickly.I hope he is but have serious doubts.

I’d rather we didn’t go down the route of saying we can’t compete on two fronts.  Gives the players and the club an excuse and an out. 

what was our excuse from Feb onwards last season? 

Today was appalling. It is not good enough on any level and from any angle. We are constantly being short changed. 

billybalfour

I wasn't saying two.I am counting the L Cup in this and don't want that sacrificed again a la Neilson.I would rather see us going for that than getting a few wins in the group perhaps.Trophies count.

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, Gundermann said:

He's obviously never learnt to direct a ball with his head either.

Head like a 50 pence piece

7 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

That was a disgrace today. Great travelling support let down. Clearly the management have no clue about who to play in midfield. Brutal

Also appear to not want to sign anyone to play in midfield. Really poor.

Wow! geniunely gobsmacked at this result, haven't seen the game, but losing to them is never acceptable, feck sake the one weekend when Hearts can take advantage and we go and feck it up, same old story, to think we could've been top today!!

I hate the “we have a good squad here” chat. 

I hate it as much as “we’re Hearts, we’re expected to win every week”. 

I hate it nearly as much as “we were passive in the first half, not brave enough on the ball and willing to make forward passes”. If i hear this again I might combust.  

Here’s the thing, how do we know we have a good squad? If performances or results are anything to by then no, we really don’t have a good squad. 

Pre season performances were appalling. We’ve had one semi decent performance this season and that was Rosenberg at Tynie. 

17 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

He thinks the squad is good enough to cause Dundee problems. The last 2 midfield selections suggest he knows it isnt though.

Maybe, 3 CM injuries at the moment mind. 

pettigrewsstylist
4 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Maybe, 3 CM injuries at the moment mind. 

Thats why we have squads surely.

pettigrewsstylist
7 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

I hate the “we have a good squad here” chat. 

I hate it as much as “we’re Hearts, we’re expected to win every week”. 

I hate it nearly as much as “we were passive in the first half, not brave enough on the ball and willing to make forward passes”. If i hear this again I might combust.  

Here’s the thing, how do we know we have a good squad? If performances or results are anything to by then no, we really don’t have a good squad. 

Pre season performances were appalling. We’ve had one semi decent performance this season and that was Rosenberg at Tynie. 

Pantwetter, transfer window not closed yet and friendlies dont count 😉

League cup doesnt count either, unless you win, and and go through, and then it might .

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Pantwetter, transfer window not closed yet and friendlies dont count 😉

Yeah transfer window not closed, because if Shankland leaves we really will be up the creek without a paddle. 

3 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Thats why we have squads surely.

It is and we should have done better.  Thought Sibbick would have done better but looks out of place in central mid.

This game confirms that Rowles will never be good enough for Hearts, Zander Clark needs to wise up on releasing the ball while the opposition are closing us down, Sibbick is never a midfielder, does anyone know how to get the best out of our so called wingers who need to get more into the game threatening the opposition back line although they need 2 quality midfielders who can pass, hold the ball, pass, making chances and scoring goals. So much work to do to get this team on the right road with too many players needing moved on and a minimum of 3 players needed, 

Just now, mitch41 said:

This game confirms that Rowles will never be good enough for Hearts, Zander Clark needs to wise up on releasing the ball while the opposition are closing us down, Sibbick is never a midfielder, does anyone know how to get the best out of our so called wingers who need to get more into the game threatening the opposition back line although they need 2 quality midfielders who can pass, hold the ball, pass, making chances and scoring goals. So much work to do to get this team on the right road with too many players needing moved on and a minimum of 3 players needed, 

Well said mate, spot on!!

pettigrewsstylist
43 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

🤣🤣🤣 Made my night, truly 🤣🤣

GorgieFifeLife

These problems have been evident from last season and in the main have still not been addressed. When people raise these issues they are accused of being Hibs but it looks like today has woken up a few to the fact we are going nowhere with this set up.  I am actually surprised by the reaction because these days were always going to happen with an unproven management set up who are working with players who do not meet the quality over quantity mantra we are preaching.  The board have tried to be clever but what they should have done is employ a football manager who knows how to go about his business.  

Team is still gelling. 

European games and league games is a tiring schedule. 

Yawn yawn yawn

pettigrewsstylist
3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

La Liga concepts in the heads, asking guys who cant pass 5 yds to deliver it. Works on the magboard.

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, jambmoz said:

Same old bollocks away from home, awful display

We were given a lesson by a team of committed journeymen on professionalism and attitude. 

Can't blame management for 0 shots on goal, 1 off target.

That's simply on players inability to put together any sort of pattern of play.

Said it time and time again, no leaders, no one capable of taking the game to the opposition, no one brave enough to pass first time, everyone looking for safe tippy tappy backwards passing.

The midfield needs gutted as a starting point, don't want to hear chat about getting Haring or Beni back in - it won't change a thing.

All we ask of these guys is to once (sometimes twice) a week show up, fired up ready to leave it all on the park, look to be first to every second ball and play the ball in the opposition half.

upgotheheads

The football highlight of my day was watching my granddaughter, on her ninth birthday, making a full-length diving save while playing in goal for her team. Later, after a clearance was deflected back towards goal she chased the ball back to the line, dived to prevent the goal but crashed  into the post bruising her hip.  I wish some of our players would show as much urgency.

She got the Player of the Match award.👏🙂

3 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Can't blame management for 0 shots on goal, 1 off target.

That's simply on players inability to put together any sort of pattern of play.

Said it time and time again, no leaders, no one capable of taking the game to the opposition, no one brave enough to pass first time, everyone looking for safe tippy tappy backwards passing.

The midfield needs gutted as a starting point, don't want to hear chat about getting Haring or Beni back in - it won't change a thing.

All we ask of these guys is to once (sometimes twice) a week show up, fired up ready to leave it all on the park, look to be first to every second ball and play the ball in the opposition half.

We had 10 altogether (5 on target). Not that that’s making the performance in any way acceptable.

3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

The football highlight of my day was watching my granddaughter, on her ninth birthday, making a full-length diving save while playing in goal for her team. Later, after a clearance was deflected back towards goal she chased the ball back to the line, dived to prevent the goal but crashed  into the post bruising her hip.  I wish some of our players would show as much urgency.

She got the Player of the Match award.👏🙂

Well done to your granddaughter.👍