Unusual news

JFK-1

I read a lot of news while doing so I see a lot of unusual stuff, doubtless others do too. Wanted to post this video and maybe make a thread for unusual news stories. Argentina, a bus catches fire on the motorway while mobile, they pull over and begin to evacuate as the blaze spreads.

No one was reported injured, but this is even worse than I first described, as the blaze becomes bigger the heavy traffic is still passing it by, then something else happens.

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

I read a lot of news while doing so I see a lot of unusual stuff, doubtless others do too. Wanted to post this video and maybe make a thread for unusual news stories. Argentina, a bus catches fire on the motorway while mobile, they pull over and begin to evacuate as the blaze spreads.

No one was reported injured, but this is even worse than I first described, as the blaze becomes bigger the heavy traffic is still passing it by, then something else happens.

What’s the “something else” that happened? Bus goes on fire, fuel spreads onto road and the fire brigade come and sort it oot? 

No being wide…but am I missing somethin? 

Good idea for a thread by the way. Loads of unusual, quirky things go on around the planet yet the mainstream media are never interested in showing it. They’d rather keep us in a perpetual state of fear. 

“Goodable” is a great site/channel, a news media outlet that only focuses on heart warming, good news stories. Well worth checking out. 

Lord Montpelier
13 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

What’s the “something else” that happened? Bus goes on fire, fuel spreads onto road and the fire brigade come and sort it oot? 

Think I'm missing that part as well

1 hour ago, Mr Sifter said:

What happened next is the wall of fire crossing the motorway to the divider and the traffic dodging around it, that's unusual to me though I don't watch a lot of news videos that aren't news reader or interview based. Maybe it happens all the time.

But in addition I don't even know what's gradually creating that wall of fire, if that had been petrol it would have exploded. 

JudyJudyJudy

Good idea for a thread by the way. Loads of unusual, quirky things go on around the planet yet the mainstream media are never interested in showing it. They’d rather keep us in a perpetual state of fear. 

“Goodable” is a great site/channel, a news media outlet that only focuses on heart warming, good news stories. Well worth checking out. 

Very true re state of fear . My life has improved immensely since I stopped watchin the National and international news . 

JudyJudyJudy

I’ll check out “ goodable” 

See around 47 seconds in, before the firemen arrived, did the windscreen washer bottle rupture or something?  There looks to be a wee burst of water on the windscreen and front near side of the bus.

40 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

What happened next is the wall of fire crossing the motorway to the divider and the traffic dodging around it, that's unusual to me though I don't watch a lot of news videos that aren't news reader or interview based. Maybe it happens all the time.

But in addition I don't even know what's gradually creating that wall of fire, if that had been petrol it would have exploded. 

It's definitely fuel. I think the strangest thing is the dafties still trying to drive around it, but it's not really surprising I guess, because people. 

40 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Fair dos mate. Get where you’re coming from. Your right tho, now that I think about it. I just assumed it was petrol but as you say, it would’ve gone up instantaneously. I’m now intrigued 😊

4 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Where does the tyre appear from?

Seen a similar incident only a few weeks back traveling down the M6 to Warrington. 

Big BMW saloon on fire on the northbound side. Flames all over the road. Was crazy stuff but thankfully I could also see the family who were in the car all safe at the side of the road.

2 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Fair dos mate. Get where you’re coming from. Your right tho, now that I think about it. I just assumed it was petrol but as you say, it would’ve gone up instantaneously. I’m now intrigued 😊

I would've expected a bus to run on diesel which will burn slower than petrol.

What in the clickbait hell is this? 

Bus catches fire. Fire spreads. Fire is extinguished. 

Something else happens. Nothing happens.

We should never have got rid of :vladstupid:

Some peculiar ranting about something that's supposed to be a passing talking point, click bait? ranking? 

Does everyone get the picture here? This is a debate forum, if facebook is your thing where you run around giving likes and shite then maybe debate isn't your thing, maybe stick to facebook and sharknado.

Dick Dastardly
15 hours ago, Boof said:

I would've expected a bus to run on diesel which will burn slower than petrol.

Which is why a 50/50 mix of petrol and diesel is so productive in a molotov cocktail, allegedly. 

the posh bit
16 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Some peculiar ranting about something that's supposed to be a passing talking point, click bait? ranking? 

Does everyone get the picture here? This is a debate forum, if facebook is your thing where you run around giving likes and shite then maybe debate isn't your thing, maybe stick to facebook and sharknado.

That's a bit narky. 

henrysmithsgloves
23 hours ago, Armageddon said:

I totally thought someone was going to walk off the bus at the end.

3/10.  Would not watch again :)

th-2274654316.jpg

il Duce McTarkin
19 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

You been on the oregano again, Zammo?

On 17/08/2023 at 10:30, FWJ said:

See around 47 seconds in, before the firemen arrived, did the windscreen washer bottle rupture or something?  There looks to be a wee burst of water on the windscreen and front near side of the bus.

I've seen similar endings to when things get all hot and bothered.....

7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

@Der Kaiser only got a cat so he can get it stuck in trees so he has to call firemen to rescue it

...only for that loser Superman to keep intervening......leave my cat alone Clark...I'm holding out for a REAL hero.

Dick Dastardly
2 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

...only for that loser Superman to keep intervening......leave my cat alone Clark...I'm holding out for a REAL hero.

He's gotta be sure, and it's gotta be soon

And he's gotta be larger than life

Larger than life

This has to be unusual. Hawk accidentally drops wriggling 4 foot long snake on woman, it wraps itself around her arm and starts biting her, then the hawk starts biting her too cos he wants his meal back. What are the odds.

9 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

This has to be unusual. Hawk accidentally drops wriggling 4 foot long snake on woman, it wraps itself around her arm and starts biting her, then the hawk starts biting her too cos he wants his meal back. What are the odds.

Saw that last week, brilliant! 

• 2 weeks later...

I count this because it's been the main feature of the National Museum in Edinburgh for 100 hundred years. Going back to it's native owners in Canada.

• 1 month later...

Entitled Drunk Flees in Tesla, Cries for Daddy when Caught

On February 21, 2022 in Florida, officers were dispatched to a call in reference to a suspected drunk driver. A witness stated that he had seen a Tesla nearly hit a palm tree. He said the driver then reversed, squealing the tires, almost hitting two nearby pedestrians, and then speeding away.

A BOLO was issued for the vehicle, and a short time later, a deputy located the Tesla parked on the side of the road. When he attempted to approach the vehicle, the driver sped away. This is footage of the events that followed.

• 1 month later...

Spider lays eggs in man's toe during cruise holiday

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/spider-lays-eggs-mans-toe-091600204.html

"My wife thought it may be because I had new sandals and they were rubbing on my big toe and that was causing it to be red."

The doctor cut his toe open, causing the spider's eggs to pour out.

After the holiday, Mr Blake went to hospital in the UK where doctors prescribed antibiotics - but four weeks later, he noticed something else unusual in his toe.

On another visit to the doctors, they discovered one of the eggs had hatched into a small spider, which was stuck underneath his skin.

He said: "They believe the spider was making its way out - eating its way out of my toe."

d9711ae33b4fdace83c469c094b42421

henrysmithsgloves
16 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

"My wife thought it may be because I had new sandals and they were rubbing on my big toe and that was causing it to be red."

After the holiday, Mr Blake went to hospital in the UK where doctors prescribed antibiotics - but four weeks later, he noticed something else unusual in his toe.

On another visit to the doctors, they discovered one of the eggs had hatched into a small spider, which was stuck underneath his skin.

He said: "They believe the spider was making its way out - eating its way out of my toe."

😐😳😳 Talk about"webbed " toes😄

luckyBatistuta
On 06/10/2023 at 20:23, JFK-1 said:

On February 21, 2022 in Florida, officers were dispatched to a call in reference to a suspected drunk driver. A witness stated that he had seen a Tesla nearly hit a palm tree. He said the driver then reversed, squealing the tires, almost hitting two nearby pedestrians, and then speeding away.

A BOLO was issued for the vehicle, and a short time later, a deputy located the Tesla parked on the side of the road. When he attempted to approach the vehicle, the driver sped away. This is footage of the events that followed.

Wish they had just tasted her at the start😅

On 06/10/2023 at 20:23, JFK-1 said:

15 minutes of the most embarrassing human display you will ever see, only for the dad of that entitled mess to turn around and effectively say "lol, u r ****ed". 

Didn't think it was going to be like that! :lol:

Hope she still cringes over the existance of this video.  Weapons grade fud! 

44 minutes ago, tian447 said:

15 minutes of the most embarrassing human display you will ever see, only for the dad of that entitled mess to turn around and effectively say "lol, u r ****ed". 

Didn't think it was going to be like that! :lol:

Hope she still cringes over the existance of this video.  Weapons grade fud! 

Police officers language is not the best.

American police officers are not the most professional IMHO.

9 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - There's a lot to b thankful for that we live in a country where the worst thing to bite you will be a midgie...