***Official Rosenborg v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

2 minutes ago, ...andFulton'sBaggio said:

Decent result. Performance improved massively from the hour mark. Haring changed the game , Denholm looked very decent, Grant was tidy enough, Kingsley is such a silky player - his assist was sublime - and Boyce looks fit as a ******* fiddle. Amazing where he is compared to Beni, but hey ho.

Bring on the second leg! Game well and truly on...

Sums up what I saw perfectly.  👀

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DxB Hearts

• Cruyff

• OTT

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Boyce looked sharp since return and tonight no different.

Yup. Best left on the bench though for almost the whole game...

:facepalm:

A_A wehatethehibs

Next week imo could be a game for Grant to bounce back and make a name for himself. The Zurich game was horrible for him. Would certainly be starting him over Forrest was good when he came on. Doubt any new boys will be looking at a start  

Absolute Scenes
Just now, hearts00 said:

Cant play Calem and Haring together. No dynamism or pace. CM looking a real problem area again. 

Haring has made CM his. Devlin is dynamic and quick enough. You absolutely do not know that Calem has no pace after seeing him in half a game so that’s nonsense 

7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

So it was 2-0 to Rosenborg?

The away goal does not count any more. 

If we win 1-0 next week, it goes to extra time, we don't win because we scored an away goal. 

Just now, Deevers said:

Plenty left in this tie. I think we’ll do them at Tynecastle.

An interesting thread though looking back  - full of low count  hobos and the usual suspects desperate to slate our players, management and the club at every turn. 

Sanitisation required.

I think so too, Haring settled things right down and our subs made an impact. 

I'm still absolutely livid about Haring being benched for Beni, you put trust in management to know when a player is/isn't ready, and they got that one badly wrong and it has turned what should have been a very winnable tie into a cagey mess. I'm really not happy with McAvoy or Naismith here. On one hand, we get the "coaches work with them every day" stuff, but how could they not see Beni wasn't ready? Not good enough from the management team. 

At home, I want to see us go direct against them. Route one, drop balls on their centrehalves with Shanks and Boyce challenging. I don't think they will stand up to it. That defence seems soft. 

5 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

The way Beni played first half made me think his issues are as much mentally getting back into it as physically

I agree. 

At the open training session at a Tynie I asked him if he was fit for start of the season. He said he was 100% fit but just hoped he was the same player. I thought it was a strange throwing to say.

He suffered badly from a lack of confidence at Everton. 

Just now, tian447 said:

If we win 1-0 next week, it goes to extra time, we don't win because we scored an away goal. 

I know. I was just fooling with you, tian. :) Thanks for playing along.

Took us 70 minutes to suss out they were bang average. No belief first half. Definitely there for the taking at Tynecastle next week 

pettigrewsstylist

Our goal was hard won and executed well, Shanks made no doubt who was muscling theo crowd onto end of that ball though.

Possible back up CB 👀

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Haring has made CM his. Devlin is dynamic and quick enough. You absolutely do not know that Calem has no pace after seeing him in half a game so that’s nonsense 

The quick judgement on Calem by some posters is an absolute embarrassment to them. He struggled with the pace of the game on Saturday but also had some nice touches and looked good on the ball. 

Just now, redjambo said:

I know. I was just fooling with you, tian. :) Thanks for playing along.

Been a stressful 90 minutes :lol:

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m more interested in the ****ing mental decision to start him. 
He very nearly cost us the tie. 

I think Beni is fine, he just wanted off because he gave them 2 goals. He needs some confidence. 

Absolute Scenes
Just now, GinRummy said:

The quick judgement on Calem by some posters is an absolute embarrassment to them. He struggled with the pace of the game on Saturday but also had some nice touches and looked good on the ball. 

Never ever changes man. Embarrassing all round

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm still absolutely livid about Haring being benched for Beni, you put trust in management to know when a player is/isn't ready, and they got that one badly wrong and it has turned what should have been a very winnable tie into a cagey mess. I'm really not happy with McAvoy or Naismith here. On one hand, we get the "coaches work with them every day" stuff, but how could they not see Beni wasn't ready? Not good enough from the management team. 

At home, I want to see us go direct against them. Route one, drop balls on their centrehalves with Shanks and Boyce challenging. I don't think they will stand up to it. That defence seems soft. 

They should have had him off long before 2nd, it was actually pitiful and uncomfortable watching the poor lad. Effort wasnt the problem.

hard to get excited about still being in the tie after watching that, judging by that performance its going to be a long old season.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

I think Beni is fine, he just wanted off because he gave them 2 goals. He needs some confidence. 

Aye he held his hammy cos he knew he’d been ****ing tragic. 
If all the stories about him wanting healed by god are true he can do one. 
Mind blowing decision to play him tonight. Aiden Denholm would’ve been a better option. 
Terrible management. 

3 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

Grant and Haring to start in midfield with Boyce playing in front of them next week hopefully 

I still don't trust Grant. I'd leave him on the bench. Stick with Haring and Devlin. Yes, Cammy is woeful in possession but his energy makes up for that to a large extent. If we need to, Grant can come on for Devlin. Its a 90 minute game, and I'd rather not risk Grant being an idiot again. 

Is there any confirmation that we can use our new players? Would be great to get Tagawa for the home leg but not sure if not having the paperwork sorted for him causes him to miss out on both legs?

Tie still alive but shocking opening half  

2nd week in a row where subs have made a huge impact though. 

Tagawa and Vargas can hopefully make a difference in home leg 

All roads lead to Gorgie

We are in a great position now to go through. I honestly think Shanks does look a bit heavier than last season but tonight's game and the upcoming Kilmarnock game gives him the chance to get more game time fitness into his legs. To score two games running is still first class striking in anyone's books.

12 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Definitely take that but when are we going to stop making such silly mistakes. Both goals caught sleeping, leading up from individual mistakes.

Beni not ready to start games, should’ve been Haring to start. Hopefully lessons learned 

But why didn't the managenent see this?

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Three to come in on a Thursday who will make a massive difference.

Agree about Beni. He quite simply was not ready. 

The abuse of Shankland was totally unscceptable  though.  Totally unnecessary.

maroonlegions
2 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

hard to get excited about still being in the tie after watching that, judging by that performance its going to be a long old season.

:hobofish:

BackOfTheNet

Desperately need to come out of the traps against them next week. What I will say is the subs were for the most part spot on. Just wish they hadn’t risked Baningime. Haring was not spotless, but he nullified their main midfield threat and cut off the space. Grant did more in that regard than Lowry did too.

6 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Definitely a worthy....

WHOOSH!

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Aye he held his hammy cos he knew he’d been ****ing tragic. 
If all the stories about him wanting healed by god are true he can do one. 
Mind blowing decision to play him tonight. Aiden Denholm would’ve been a better option. 
Terrible management. 

Denholm was very good. Good to see. 

Wtf did they take off Lowry,  the boy is probably the most gifted player we had on the park. Mental.

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Away goals don't exist any more. 

They do exist, teams often score away from home, we often do it ourselves.

1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

We are in a great position now to go through. I honestly think Shanks does look a bit heavier than last season but tonight's game and the upcoming Kilmarnock game gives him the chance to get more game time fitness into his legs. To score two games running is still first class striking in anyone's books.

30 goals for Hearts now

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Both away from home aswell. And not a penalty in sight.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, ri Alban said:

Denholm was very good. Good to see. 

Wtf did they take off Lowry,  the boy is probably the most gifted player we had on the park. Mental.

Probably not fully match fit yet.

Guy joined us last week.

I

Just now, i8hibsh said:

So is that Beni ****ed again then?

Shouldn't have even been playing was blatantly not fit.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

So is that Beni ****ed again then?

I don't think so, looked more like a pride thing. Kid on your injured to explain away such a terrible performance. 

He was clearly not ready and management dropped the ball on that really badly. 

Terrible decision to play Beni and a poor first half but good suns and much better the last half hour. They’re not that good and we’ll beat them next week. 

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Probably not fully match fit yet.

Guy joined us last week.

So he didn't do fitness at Rangers. Nonsense,  the boy is a winner and you leave them on the park when you most need them.

maltese jambo

Obviously good we pulled a goal back but boy that was a difficult watch. Dire performance for 70 minutes and big BIG improvement needed at home if we are to get anywhere with this tie.

People seem to be fancying our chances at home? Eff me not unless we vastly improve.

Good to see Denholm given a chance at the end but what on earth's going on with our youth set up ? Nobody came through in years. Rosenborg on the other hand...