Hearts Women - cup semi-final v Spartans at Hampden on Sunday

3fingersreid

Hard fought scrappy win , don’t care how we win , just win the game as far as I’m concerned 

Hamilton have a tough game on Wednesday night against killie , fingers crossed they drop points 

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Big game for the Hearts women tonight and they’re not playing , killie are away to hamilton tonight and killie could do us a huge favour by taking something from the game , fingers crossed they can 🤞🏻

So we are investing in a team that gets a "crowd" of about 70. My sons under 14 team gets about this and like the ladies team will be made up of relatives as there is just no interest in this rubbish. 

Wonder how many took up the free entry as the club were so keen to promote on Sunday.  

Forever Hearts

3rd bottom of the league and we're pouring money into the womens game that's watched by 3 women and a dog and is nothing more than a pc, box ticking exercise. 

2 minutes ago, Homme said:

Trials for all female age groups at the Oriam at the start of December. My daughter is going along for the u13 age group. 

Best of luck to her 👍🏻

2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

3rd bottom of the league and we're pouring money into the womens game that's watched by 3 women and a dog and is nothing more than a pc, box ticking exercise. 

3 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

So we are investing in a team that gets a "crowd" of about 70. My sons under 14 team gets about this and like the ladies team will be made up of relatives as there is just no interest in this rubbish. 

Wonder how many took up the free entry as the club were so keen to promote on Sunday.  

Wow....

3 minutes ago, Homme said:

Trials for all female age groups at the Oriam at the start of December. My daughter is going along for the u13 age group. 

good luck to her

Thanks both. Couple of her team have signed for Rangers and she is getting all wide eyed at what could be :lol:

She's a great defender though, absolutely no-onegets past her. She's under no illusions that it'll be very difficult and she does need to improve with the ball at her feet and her composure. Have told her to go and enjoy the experience. It might be her first opportunity but if she keeps working hard it won't be her last (if she doesn't quite make it) 

A wee win this weekend over Musselburgh Windsor and she will be a league winner. 

Edited by Homme

Bazzas right boot

Should we give up your sons age group, team and level as well?

Obviously no interest in that either?

Just give up on any sport, team or level  that fails to attract what?

Less than 100, 1000, 10,000 spectators?

What's your cut of point?

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Pouring money......

:terrific:

Howdy Doody Jambo

It could be privately funded, hardly going to prevent us signing a Craig Wighton in the future, All the big clubs have women's team's these days it's 2019

4 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Big game for the Hearts women tonight and they’re not playing , killie are away to hamilton tonight and killie could do us a huge favour by taking something from the game , fingers crossed they can 🤞🏻

Two, or three?

:whistling: 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
55 minutes ago, Homme said:

Thanks both. Couple of her team have signed for Rangers and she is getting all wide eyed at what could be :lol:

She's a great defender though, absolutely no-onegets past her. She's under no illusions that it'll be very difficult and she does need to improve with the ball at her feet and her composure. Have told her to go and enjoy the experience. It might be her first opportunity but if she keeps working hard it won't be her last (if she doesn't quite make it) 

A wee win this weekend over Musselburgh Windsor and she will be a league winner. 

This is part of why it is important.

Bringing fans with daughters and those girls closer to the club.

There’s a bigger picture here which isn’t that difficult to work out.

Woman’s football is not going away either, so as a pro club you either embrace it or you show yourself up as being stuck in a time warp IMO.

35 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Two, or three?

:whistling: 

😂😂

I never even thought about that when posting 🙈🙈

1 hour ago, Homme said:

Makes for a great night out at the awards night if they have a trophy to show off 👍🏻

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

Drivel

Forever Hearts
Just now, Kev1998 said:

Nah dusk not drivel 100% on the button,who actually gives a toss?

In reality? Very, very few. But they need to keep up the pretence. 

5 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

You give a toss enough to come on here and bore us with your opinion. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
18 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

Women’s football is a rapidly growing sport. It won’t surprise me if a country as backwards as Scotland is slow to embrace it but Hearts are right to invest in it.

Yes maybe if we were like city or arsenal ,teams competing at the top end of world football fair enough ,bung a few quid in the kitty,but when my tem are in freefall the last thing on my mind is  a women's game between hamilton a d killie , and how wee Jeannie played in the game

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Should we give up your sons age group, team and level as well?

Obviously no interest in that either?

Just give up on any sport, team or level  that fails to attract what?

Less than 100, 1000, 10,000 spectators?

What's your cut of point?

My point is obviously that we are paying for the box ticking exercise that is having a womems team that next to no one is interested in.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Back to 2005 said:

My point is obviously that we are paying for the box ticking exercise that is having a womems team that next to no one is interested in.

From the small acorn grows the mighty oak tree. 

5.2m other posts to read in the terrace but some can't help coming on here and telling us how much they don't care about women's football :lol:

Edited by Homme

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

From the small acorn grows the mighty oak tree. 

Except we both know that in 10 years time the women will still be hopeless and nobody will be watching them. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

Except we both know that in 10 years time the women will still be hopeless and nobody will be watching them. 

If you watched the last World Cup, standards and crowds have increased significantly.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Women now play football. 

Deal with it. 

The same could be said for Hearts relative to world football and the mans game as well tbf.

Edited by Smith's right boot

Mr homme,5.2 m posts on kickback correct.but I can't grasp the significance of all this when as I've said ,the mens team are playing like women

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Women now play football. 

Deal with it. 

The same could be said for Hearts relative to world football and the mans game as well tbf.

No issue with women playing football. But what's it got to do with Hearts? 

28 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Women’s football is a rapidly growing sport. It won’t surprise me if a country as backwards as Scotland is slow to embrace it but Hearts are right to invest in it.

You are half correct. More women are playing the game, but this is not translating to increased attendance at women’s football matches. Across Europe overall attendances are down. Far more women are going to watch men’s matches. Women’s football should be supported by the club, but it should be at an Amateur level.  There is no credible investment case for Hearts spending the amount they do on Women’s football. You can’t  give tickets away for most games. 

Edited by McCrae

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

No issue with women playing football. But what's it got to do with Hearts? 

Hearts are a football club. 

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The same could be said fir Hearts relative to world football and the mams game as well tbf.

This is just wrong.  Women’s football is a different product to the men’s game. It’s been the number one sport for girls in the US for at least 20 years... and it remains commercially unviable with very small attendances.

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hearts are a football club. 

Maybe those that want us to have a womens team could set up a monthly donation to subsidise it. Wonder how much they would get...

Full time 4-2 for hamilton 

8 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Maybe those that want us to have a womens team could set up a monthly donation to subsidise it. Wonder how much they would get...

we already do thru sponsorships and monthly fees and various fund raisers 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

I expect some of my season ticket money to go on various things ranging from paying staff the living wage, through girl and boy sides through to various charities and ofc the first team. 

That also  includes the women's team. 

Hearts are more than just the first team. 

We are the Heart and soul of Edinburgh. 

👍

31 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

We will have a womens team next month.

Currently just a group that use our name. 

8 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

More than HSL.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - cup semi-final v Spartans at Hampden on Sunday