Hearts Women - cup semi-final v Spartans at Hampden on Sunday

3fingersreid

23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

that makes no sense at all, if money has been used to subsidise the women’s team it has been redirected from the funds which would otherwise have been available to HMFC.. even if it is £1

unless it has come from a benefactor who’s intention was to promote a new team. Which is fine.. 

So what is allowable spending?

Not Big Hearts for example then following the same arguments. Why help people with mental health problems or kinship carers. When we could maybe sign Lawrence Shankland instead. 

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

So what is allowable spending?

Not Big Hearts for example then following the same arguments. Why help people with mental health problems or kinship carers. When we could maybe sign Lawrence Shankland instead. 

mate you equating the women’s game to charity? It’s not my choice but I think I’d be happier with the club donating funds to save the children or another worthy cause, rather than a sports team with which i have no connections.

Edited by kingantti1874

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

mate you equating the women’s game to charity? It’s not my choice but I think I’d be happier with the club donating funds to save the children or another worthy cause, rather than a sports team with which i have no connections.

Still something that isn't the first team.

Don't see much difference. 

kingantti1874
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Still something that isn't the first team.

Don't see much difference. 

Any female footballer with a sense of respect or identity would not want to be seen as a charity. On that we can agree?!?

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Any female footballer with a sense of respect or identity would not want to be seen as a charity. On that we can agree?!?

I'd sooner the club invested money in women and young girls throughout Scotland than sent some abroad to the likes of Save the Children. 

Hackney Hearts
44 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

If we started pumping money into a mens over 40s team I would have the exact same opinion. 

Oo, great idea! Or ideally an over 50s team.

Ford Prentice

Well done to the Hearts women. Top of the league and with every chance of going up. Will go along next week to cheer them on. More than happy if some of my season ticket and FOH money goes to them. Trolls on this thread should get a life.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Ford Prentice said:

Well done to the Hearts women. Top of the league and with every chance of going up. Will go along next week to cheer them on. More than happy if some of my season ticket and FOH money goes to them. Trolls on this thread should get a life.

Trolls because we have a differing opinion? 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Homme said:

I'd sooner the club invested money in women and young girls throughout Scotland than sent some abroad to the likes of Save the Children. 

I’d sooner the club concentrated on doing what they are supposed to be doing, winning!! something we have been spectacularly failing at for too long!

if a benefactor wants to create a brand new ladies team superb 👍🏻 Good on him or her and best of luck.. 

HMFC revenues should be utilised in the most efficient way possible to improve HMFC not HMWFC ! 

If the funds have come from our own revenue streams ? we may as well have posted a cheque to the hibs ladies team such is my ambivalence to the sport and this team guising as hearts. 

Funny I didn’t see any of these hearts fans complain when Romanov started the women’s team and used the initial grant given to hearts for this,  go to the first team instead of women’s team 

So the first years investment is just giving the money back 

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

We have to move with the times and that means womens football has to be promoted

They have gone down the path with a few exceptions of coming under the mens teams names and it incumbant on clubs to support womens football as a result

At times we seem to forget there are many women who watch the mens game and contribute heavily to the income we make..they deserve a piece of that and in my eyes the young girls of today deserve coaching and development just as they would get in Tennis, Gymnastics etc

There will always have to be a discussion of how much in financial terms needs spent but there is no doubt that support should be given

The young fans of today will be influenced heavily by both parents and how do you explain to young females sorry but you can't play for Hearts because some men don't want to spend money on your football development

Are you serious?  

8 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Are you serious?  

Deadly..can you manage to read the post and more importantly understand it ?

If so lets hear from you regarding your, I'm sure, serious points in opposition to supporting womens football

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Deadly..can you manage to read the post and more importantly understand it ?

If so lets hear from you regarding your, I'm sure, serious points in opposition to supporting womens football

I reckon woman's football and  men's should be funded separate 

Nothing against woman playing  football 

As a club who've struggled to compete in the league for a whole i reckon resources  could be better spent 

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Maybe Kingantti 1874 is just being very clever............................................................

or he just made a spelling mistake  😊

**** I hate to do this! I’ve had a few today but what did I spell wrong :rofl: will happily admit I’m not trying to be clever.  I don’t have a clue. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by kingantti1874

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, mre said:

Nailed 

you appear from nowhere, haven’t made a point of any kind, have dished out three insults on one page and called 

me condescending after you highlight some random spelling mistake  😆 Irony isn’t your strong suit then ?

ps tell me again what was my  mistake?  

Edited by kingantti1874

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

**** I hate to do this! I’ve had a few today but what did I spell wrong :rofl: will happily admit I’m not trying to be clever.  I don’t have a clue. 🤦‍♂️

Cheeky Laddie !!

On 07/11/2019 at 17:46, Icon of Symmetry said:

I disagree mate. I think the thread is an absolute nightmare to read because of the existential pish.

I want to keep up to date with what’s going on, but I have to wade through so many shite posts decrying their existence.

I’m beginning to come around to your way of thinking now . 
Perhaps the mods could start a separate thread on the merits or not of the women’s team and keep this one for those who are interested in the results of their games ,which is what the thread was started for in the first place .

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Cheeky Laddie !!

still don’t get it. 🤷‍♂️ Have I written laddie somewhere? 

please tell me Dr Mre hasn’t made a big show of himself and called me out on the word ‘ladies’ ? 

Edited by kingantti1874

46 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Post of the day.  Wish I could be there with you.

I know 3fingers thinks I'm overly optimistic but I hope they get decent weather and at least 500 coming along.

1,000 would be preferable.

18 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’m beginning to come around to your way of thinking now . 
Perhaps the mods could start a separate thread on the merits or not of the women’s team and keep this one for those who are interested in the results of their games ,which is what the thread was started for in the first place .

Hope so mate. Would make this thread a lot more readable.

12 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Post of the day.  Wish I could be there with you.

I know 3fingers thinks I'm overly optimistic but I hope they get decent weather and at least 500 coming along.

1,000 would be preferable.

Fingers crossed Doug fingers crossed 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

We do don’t we???

Save the Children are on our strips

As I understand it, it's not about directly funding the women's team (currently self-funded). It's about expanding the current academy setup to include girls and womens football. This is a good thing.

In terms of money invested to the overall academy, I don't expect it'll be easy to separate out costs based on gender.

The new setup and coaching staff will of course require additional funding, but I'm confident that will be recouped over time through increased sponsorship at Club level. Not to mention the increased interest in all things Hearts as we produce our own inspirational leaders on the park. We're already seeing that through the inclusion of the women's team in this season's kit launch.

Hearts also runs many teams and training sessions across the country for all age groups (including the auld yins) and is heavily linked to Box Soccer. All that takes money away from the first team, but I don't see anyone shouting for those to be self-funding.

Add another vote to separate threads on the merits or otherwise of the impending new setup and the ongoing progress of the senior womens team :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

When are the womens team playing at Tynecastle is it this weekend ?

They are , 2pm KO 

18 hours ago, jambocub said:

I reckon woman's football and  men's should be funded separate 

Nothing against woman playing  football 

As a club who've struggled to compete in the league for a whole i reckon resources  could be better spent 

We have STRUGGLED to compete. really? struggled to win anything, maybe.

But our problem is down mismanagement in player signing. That's where resources have been squandered.

Women's team getting some money will affect the first team very little.

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

We have STRUGGLED to compete. really? struggled to win anything, maybe.

But our problem is down mismanagement in player signing. That's where resources have been squandered.

Women's team getting some money will affect the first team very little.

If it affects the first team at all then it’s too much.. 

CJ said in an earlier post that becuase we have female fans they deserve a bit back. 

Just an idea - if people (men or women) want to watch the women’s team maybe they should pay to go along and watch the women’s team, instead of dictating that the revenue generated by HMFC be used to support a brand new team playing a different sport. 

There will be exceptions of course but I’d hazard that the majority demanding we support the ladies team have never attended and certainly have no intent to attend regularly. 

Edited by kingantti1874

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

If it affects the first team at all then it’s too much.. 

CJ said in an earlier post that becuase we have female fans they deserve a bit back. 

Just an idea - if people (men or women) want to watch the women’s team maybe they should pay to go along and watch the women’s team, instead of dictating that the revenue generated by HMFC be used to support a brand new team playing a different sport. 

There will be exceptions of course but I’d hazard that the majority demanding we support the ladies team have never attended and certainly have no intent to attend regularly. 

No demandings or dictatings from me.

But I am very happy that we are supporting women's football.

As (imo) the Scotland's third biggest football CLUB, I would be more embarrassed if we didn't support women's football.

On 10/11/2019 at 18:27, Nookie Bear said:

What’s your rough figure as to how much budget should be invested?

If we made up the difference on top of what they bring in themselves, so that they have a similar budget to LTHV or a similar sized team, then we’d get Europe next season without seeing a dent in the men’s first team. 

3 more sleeps.  I trust even the most sceptical will agree that winning the league will to the current "feel better" factor we are enjoying.

I understand the womens section is being absorbed into the club this month.  Does anyone know when that is happening and what it actually entails?

My daughter Murieston team are heading through after their title playoff match with Musselburgh. Hearts and Murie now have a link up so photo ops and stuff to do in the main stand. 

I'll be going along too. Hopefully be celebrating a double come the end of the day. 

40 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Over £100,000 sponsorship from Umbro specifically for the Women's team is fantastic news for the Club :thumbsup:

Natural growth - excellent stuff and a good basis to move forward on. 

48 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Maybe our resident misogynists can sleep easy now

Alone. With 20 pints in them. With anger filled dreams.

2 hours ago, Dunks said:

Over £100,000 sponsorship from Umbro specifically for the Women's team is fantastic news for the Club :thumbsup:

It's excellent news.

Great news on the eve of our team's biggest day.  Ann Park says it is the first of a number of sponsorships to be rolled out next year.

Our club is in fantastic shape and I'm sure it will be a great day tomorrow.

6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

This puts a spanner in the works for several very vocal posters against Hearts being involved in the women’s game , large companies see the potential and are putting large sums to help develop the game , great news moving forward, anyone who thinks having a woman’s team is a negative needs to get out more

Forever Hearts
45 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

This puts a spanner in the works for several very vocal posters against Hearts being involved in the women’s game , large companies see the potential and are putting large sums to help develop the game , great news moving forward, anyone who thinks having a woman’s team is a negative needs to get out more

I don't think it's a negative, good luck to them. I just don't want any money that could've been spent on our first team and male youths being spent on the womens team. 

kingantti1874

There’s a really obvious solution to this,

as well as stand alone match tickets for the women’s team hearts should offer an elective supplement on both match tickets and season tickets which entitles you to entry for women’s game but will also be spent entirely on the women’s team.. for example - my ST cost £500, for an optional 20% - raising price to £600 - Id be entitled to my seat for women’s game.  We should aim to make the add on 100% of ST price , that would be the only fair way to ensure true equality wouldn’t it!  

this way I can be assured that every penny i spend on my team is re-invested my team and only my team, and those who also choose to support the women’s team have a very convenient opportunity to support the women’s team without forcing a view on others that they should do the same.

I’m not against the women’s team, but i personally do not enjoy the sport - it’s just so slow and lacks in my aspects in my view,  I just can’t get into it therefore  have no emotional attachment at this point.  

For those who do, I’ve no issue with it - my proposed solution would remove the need to unfairly disadvantage the men’s team and avoid unfairly re-directing funds against the will of those who only support the men’s team, it should encourage higher attendances  and higher revenues for the women as long as people aren’t all talk.

all non match day incomes can be distributed fairly by a % of revenue generated, and costs can be shared as appropriate 

Edited by kingantti1874

2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I don't think it's a negative, good luck to them. I just don't want any money that could've been spent on our first team and male youths being spent on the womens team. 

So you must be happy then as we are gaining sponsorship solely for the womens team so no impact on the men

56 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

There’s a really obvious solution to this,

as well as stand alone match tickets for the women’s team hearts should offer an elective supplement on both match tickets and season tickets which entitles you to entry for women’s game but will also be spent entirely on the women’s team.. for example - my ST cost £500, for an optional 20% - raising price to £600 - Id be entitled to my seat for women’s game.  We should aim to make the add on 100% of ST price , that would be the only fair way to ensure true equality wouldn’t it!  

this way I can be assured that every penny i spend on my team is re-invested my team and only my team, and those who also choose to support the women’s team have a very convenient opportunity to support the women’s team without forcing a view on others that they should do the same.

I’m not against the women’s team, but i personally do not enjoy the sport - it’s just so slow and lacks in my aspects in my view,  I just can’t get into it therefore  have no emotional attachment at this point.  

For those who do, I’ve no issue with it - my proposed solution would remove the need to unfairly disadvantage the men’s team and avoid unfairly re-directing funds against the will of those who only support the men’s team, it should encourage higher attendances  and higher revenues for the women as long as people aren’t all talk.

all non match day incomes can be distributed fairly by a % of revenue generated, and costs can be shared as appropriate 

So you totally ignore the £100000 the womens team have just earned for themselves, with more to come. Honestly you have to get over the fact that we now have, or very soon will have, a womens team as part of Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - cup semi-final v Spartans at Hampden on Sunday